Good Morning Ramblers,

Well this is my last week in grad school. I've been working on a PhD and decided to be happy with my masters degree not to continue. I have one more lab for a GIS class to finish and give a final exam in the intro to social psych I'm teaching. Then there's hoping I can find a job. I've been looking but it's a tough market right now so wish me luck.
    Good luck with your job search. PhD's are not what they were in years past. The bottom line is landing a position you like with a decent salary. Not so easy to do, but best of luck in your search middbrew.

+1 for good luck. You're right about the job market. It's brutal. I've been looking for a year now.

On a plus note, I'm starting my MBA in two weeks. Gotta love the GI Bill.
    Best of luck to you underway in your educational pursuits. My son-in-law is in the army and he joined for the educational benefits. he is currently in the physicians assistant program at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. As you mentioned, you gotta love those benefits.
    I am thinking of creating a book of some of the best photos for me to keep. You know, we do everything digital these days and never print pictures or pass them around.
    You know it's kind of funny in an interesting sort of way how living in a digital age we sometimes need to revert back to good old ways of real paper. My only real camera for years has been a years old 35mm that takes real film and I can't see the pic till developed. Imagine that. My only digital is the cam on my bold which suffices well enough for what I do. I could only guess the sheer amount of pics I would accumulate with a good digital camera. I keep threatening to get one, but with the new bold touch coming out with a 5mp camera I might wait and see how that goes. But congrats to you Jaydee for getting your flower pics noticed and on tv no less. Maybe you need to start charging for them
    05-09-11 01:55 PM
    Hi middbrew,

Good luck with the job hunting. I actually retired in 2005 and with the housing market crash a few years later (long story).....well......back to work. I'm in Ohio and jobs here are hard to find. Needless to say....I am working fast food now....sucks.....but it's a paycheck and it does help pay the rent. Being on my feet for 8 hours is killing me. Got to do what you got do to.
    05-09-11 05:20 PM
    As an FYI, I woke this morning to an email suppposedly from RIM saying my emails would not come thru until I followed a link to a website and re-inputted my P/W code. Even tho it looked very official it had scam written all over it. I deleted and tested my email and all was fine. I then heard on the local news an hour ago that this scam is rampant on the web, so be safe out there folks.
    05-09-11 06:20 PM
    As an FYI, I woke this morning to an email suppposedly from RIM saying my emails would not come thru until I followed a link to a website and re-inputted my P/W code. Even tho it looked very official it had scam written all over it. I deleted and tested my email and all was fine. I then heard on the local news an hour ago that this scam is rampant on the web, so be safe out there folks.
    Wow! Thanks for the heads up! Geez!
    What will they think of next?
    05-09-11 07:21 PM
    holy crap Jim! Thanks for the heads up! That's definately 'scam' written allll over it

Unbelievable!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 07:40 PM
    Good luck, Midd..I know how tough the market is out there. I'm sure you will find something with your many talents...
    Oh, you could go full time theme makin' and start charging for them.....uhhh did I just say that??
    Hey!!! But the Ramblers get them for free, right???
    I would hope so, lol!
    I'm not sure I could make a living doing that. But if I ever go pro, you better believe Rambler get it free.
    05-09-11 07:50 PM
    Yeah, as the news story said, "yet another way to try and access your email account for malicious activity. Once this is done they went on to say a type of virus can be hidden on your pc allowing them to access your info. Not to mention they can get access to your address book. Scary indeed. I don't open anything I don't absolutely feel safe about. I had heard of this before, but using the RIM info/logo and a copy of their site made it look really authentic. I didn't probe around it to look for clues/errors/tip offs, I got the he-ll out fast.
    05-09-11 07:51 PM
    +1 for good luck. You're right about the job market. It's brutal. I've been looking for a year now.

On a plus note, I'm starting my MBA in two weeks. Gotta love the GI Bill.
    Good luck with you MBA. If there is any thing I can do to help just let me know. I took a some business classes as I am trying to crack the program/business evaluation scene. Anything about stats or organizational behavior and I got you covered.

Good luck with your job search. PhD's are not what they were in years past. The bottom line is landing a position you like with a decent salary. Not so easy to do, but best of luck in your search middbrew.
    Hi middbrew,

Good luck with the job hunting. I actually retired in 2005 and with the housing market crash a few years later (long story).....well......back to work. I'm in Ohio and jobs here are hard to find. Needless to say....I am working fast food now....sucks.....but it's a paycheck and it does help pay the rent. Being on my feet for 8 hours is killing me. Got to do what you got do to.
    Thanks, I'm thinking that might be an option for me as well.
    05-09-11 07:55 PM
    I'm not sure I could make a living doing that. But if I ever go pro, you better believe Rambler get it free.
    Midd, I tried before to install a download option on CB and wasn't able to figure it out. I see the option on the theme builder app, but don't see the next step beyond clicking it. Not that anybody would want my boring clean and simple themes, but I do splash around alot of color and would be happy to make some with alot of pinks and purples for the ladies, Just kinda clueless as to that next step. Can't be that difficult, I know, lame on my part. Just me missing something.
    05-09-11 07:58 PM
    Midd, I tried before to install a download option on CB and wasn't able to figure it out. I see the option on the theme builder app, but don't see the next step beyond clicking it. Not that anybody would want my boring clean and simple themes, but I do splash around alot of color and would be happy to make some with alot of pinks and purples for the ladies, Just kinda clueless as to that next step. Can't be that difficult, I know, lame on my part. Just me missing something.
    Awww, you're both winners in my book!!!
    And I know all the Ramblers agree!
    Jim, maybe Midd will give you a tutorial and we will see some new themes from you as well!!
    cbreze and middbrew like this.
    05-09-11 08:02 PM
    Awww, you're both winners in my book!!!
    And I know all the Ramblers agree!
    Jim, maybe Midd will give you a tutorial and we will see some new themes from you as well!!
    Thanks for those kind,sweet words and a tutorial, YES! Thats what I need.
    05-09-11 08:06 PM
    Hey mid,

I truly wish you the best in your job hunt. I have picked up a couple masters through the years and they have served me well. May I know what your area of study is? I am not sure if you want to check out this part of the world, but there may be some opportunities in the Great Plains.
    05-09-11 08:20 PM
    Hey mid,

I truly wish you the best in your job hunt. I have picked up a couple masters through the years and they have served me well. May I know what your area of study is? I am not sure if you want to check out this part of the world, but there may be some opportunities in the Great Plains.
    Thanks runkle. My masters is in Applied Psychology. I concentrated on organizational behavior, social psychology, and program evaluation. I took a lot of stats courses including spatial analysis. I've been looking everywhere so I'm definitely open to going back to NEB.
    05-09-11 09:01 PM
    I link it to my dropbox public folder. This way it will have a web link. I know Blackberry Theme Lab provides webspace to host themes that you can use for uploading your themes to post on websites like CB and BBE. I will see if I can put a tutorial together and send it to you.
    05-09-11 09:13 PM
    Jim, thanks for the tip on the scam email...I'll know what to look for now.
    And good luck with theme building...you won't need to go far for testers, you know!

Fab idea, Jaydee! Midd could give Jim a tutorial, and we would have our very own theme club by the very talented Jim and Midd...
    Sounds good
    middbrew likes this.
    05-09-11 09:36 PM
    Fab idea, Jaydee! Midd could give Jim a tutorial, and we would have our very own theme club by the very talented Jim and Midd...
    Sounds good
    Cool, a ramblers themes club. I"m game.
    05-10-11 01:13 AM
    Hey! That's not a bad idea!
    Midd and Jim can work on themes, Pink already creates BatteryEx skins.
    The rest of us will have to find a way to contribute! Oh Elizabeth does wallies already!!!!

Hamster and I will be your Public Relations people...you know, YOUR people can call THEIR people and settle things! Haha!
    05-10-11 05:59 AM
    Hey! That's not a bad idea!
    Midd and Jim can work on themes, Pink already creates BatteryEx skins.
    The rest of us will have to find a way to contribute! Oh Elizabeth does wallies already!!!!

Hamster and I will be your Public Relations people...you know, YOUR people can call THEIR people and settle things! Haha!
    See what the ramblers in rehab can accomplish? There is no stopping us now
    05-10-11 06:41 AM
    Can anyone help me with a BBM problem?
    I upgraded to the official 5.32 or whatever it is a few days ago.
    Now I have one contact (an important one) who sees my texts and responds but all i see is my original text and a D. nothing else.
    We have communicated thru pin messaging and are trying to straighten this thing out. I have deleted and re-added him.

Any other suggestions?
    Roll back to a previous version?
    Where do I find it?
    Upgrade to the beta? I haven't bothered because my bbm with this person always gets messed up. Well, I guess it did again anyway so....

help please?

EDIT: Tried to restore contacts from my card backup. Put back everyone, right pics and all, but still no communication.
    What are my choices?
    Anyone?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 05-10-11 at 09:49 AM.
    05-10-11 08:50 AM
    Jaydee, did you have him delete and re-add you? It might not be a problem on your end. I don't think it will make a difference as to what version of BBM you have, but the one you are using is the most stable (although the beta is really nice).
    05-10-11 12:49 PM
    Jaydee, did you have him delete and re-add you? It might not be a problem on your end. I don't think it will make a difference as to what version of BBM you have, but the one you are using is the most stable (although the beta is really nice).
    Thanks Midd!
    I caved and downloaded the BBM 6 beta.
    It is nice. What is the green icon for?

On another note, I managed to get a ton of texts from the person in question...all at once!
    But no more. I sent some and no R just D.
    I dunno.
    I will have him delete me and re-add. That might be the thing to try.
    Thanks for your help.
    05-10-11 01:34 PM
    Morning ramblers!

Jaydee..did you get your BBM sorted out?

So..last night as I was testing Midd's new theme...something magical happened!

Look:

I GAINED a s*&^ load of memory!!! Weird hunh? But alas...it was short lived as after a reboot all went back to normal and the leak commenced..., lol. It was nice to see for awhile..hahaha

Have a great day all!
    05-11-11 07:01 AM
    Good LORD, Hamster!!!
    Your losses look like mine!!! I lost 78MB in 24 yesterday. No matter. I had maybe 5 diff themes on and BattEx and changed BeWeather several times, so that's to be expected.

Congrats to Midd!!!
    Another great theme! Released today? Soon? or already out? I know Pink is chomping at the bit for it. Cause she doesn't have enough themes already!
    05-11-11 07:20 AM
    Good LORD, Hamster!!!
    Your losses look like mine!!! I lost 78MB in 24 yesterday. No matter. I had maybe 5 diff themes on and BattEx and changed BeWeather several times, so that's to be expected.

Congrats to Midd!!!
    Another great theme! Released today? Soon? or already out? I know Pink is chomping at the bit for it. Cause she doesn't have enough themes already!
    Jaydee....I GAINED that much mem, not leaked it

I normally lose about 40 or so these days But I do change up a lot so whatever I say.

Midd's working on a couple of bugs but should be out soon
    05-11-11 07:30 AM
    g'morn all ye' peoples!

well, hamster, that was nice to see that increase, even for just a short lived time. at least you know your baby is CAPABLE of having #'s like that!

Jaydee, still no go on the bbm thing huh? sorry to hear that. Honestly, IDEK what version i have, i only have my son and daughter on it (woohoo-2 whole contacts!LOL) and still dont really use it.

anyway, trying to catch up on a couple of batex requests, 2 to go, and then i'm done! i'm gonna set up a wooden stand like Lucy did on Charlie Brown! LOL the sign will read - ".99cent batex's custom made" lmao!

BTW, i'm enjoying Attire by Pmobile too its a very nice theme.

OH YEAH! as for Midd's new theme, "Adler" your right Jaydee, I honestly don't have enough themes so I need to add to my COLLECTION! LMAO!
    05-11-11 07:40 AM
23,186 ... 587588589590591 ...