Skyboxer, I like your analogy. Trouble with super models is to much bling, kind of like the dinc2. My upgrade is soon and before the bold touch will be out, but I can wait. The droid series has tempted me before and all I need do is stop by a verizon store and test drive one to quickly see it's not for me. I'm hoping the trackpad of the bold touch will be sufficient to keep me from needing to touch the screen much. Same device with some nice upgrades, should suit me fine.
    05-07-11 12:16 PM
    I understand the Dinc2 represents the hot supermodel that was chatting me up, and my Bold represents the good wife that takes good care of me every day. But the Bold Touch must then represent my wife after "having some work done", and I need the surgeon to hurry up because I'm tempted
    I like the analogy as well. I might call it trading in one wife (or husband) for a younger one. As someone who has been married three time this seems to fit a little bit better for me.
    05-07-11 07:42 PM
    Hey!!! Know what? Since we were banished to Rehab, we have added 60 pages to this thread. HAHA. And that was only a month ago.

Nice job Ramblers. Way to Ramble!!!!

And you guys and your supermodels and pockets burning are beginning to worry me....
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    05-07-11 07:43 PM
    HAHA

And tomorrow is Tulip Fest! The day when JayDee goes to Albany armed with her camera and various lenses to shoot hours of flowers! (Probably NOT something most of you are interested in...)

I always wanted to learn photography so now I just mostly teach myself. Got some lovely pics when I was in Maine (on PB). If anyone wants to see those or my tulip photos, just let me know!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!
    What type of camera and lenses are you using JayDee?

Hiya, all!! Going to be busy today ...field trip with 13 5yr olds god help me.
    Are you still sane?

Jaydee, I grew up in the heart of tulip life. I am an ole Dutchman from NW Iowa. Each year Pella and Orange City, Iowa hold Tulip Festivals. The folks in Orange City wash the streets with brooms and buckets before the three day event and before each parade. There are also tulips everywhere. Not sure how far west you might ever want to travel, but you can more info about the May events with a google search. Have fun in your neck of the woods this weekend.
    I really enjoyed going to Pella and seeing all the tulips. They do put on a great showing.
    05-07-11 07:49 PM
    What type of camera and lenses are you using JayDee?

Midd,
    I am using a Nikon D60 DSLR with an AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens.

The 55-200mm lens gave me much better photos, but the macro-type shots had to be taken at a distance.
    I got some great shots and am posting them on PB.
    For anyone who wants to see them, here's the link:
    Tulip Fest 2011 pictures by jaydee5799 - Photobucket

PS I am an amateur photographer! I only do this for fun!
    05-07-11 08:01 PM
    Midd,
    I am using a Nikon D60 DSLR with an AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens.

The 55-200mm lens gave me much better photos, but the macro-type shots had to be taken at a distance.
    I got some great shots and am posting them on PB.
    For anyone who wants to see them, here's the link:
    Tulip Fest 2011 pictures by jaydee5799 - Photobucket

PS I am an amateur photographer! I only do this for fun!
    Very nice picture! You have a good eye for the perspective of the photo.

That's a nice camera. I have a Canon D300X DSLR with three lenses and a barlow lens that doubles the zoom. So my 70-300mm lens can go out to 600mm. I really like it but it reduces the f-stop quite a bit so I can only use it in very good lighting. FYI, I'm only a self taught amateur as well.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-07-11 09:41 PM
    Ohhhhh......ahhhhhhhh.......beautiful tulip photos Jaydee!!!! Looks like you had good weather for your tulip day. Thanks for sharing the photos!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-08-11 07:30 AM
    G'morn all!

I'd like to wish all the mens' wives a very Happy Mothers Day and to all the girls here as well, Happy Mothers Day I hope everyone will have a great day

Jaydee, I can't wait to ck out your album of photos! I saw some of your ss's & they are just absolutely gorgeous!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-08-11 07:50 AM
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!!

Jaydee...your pics are FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing them
    05-08-11 08:42 AM
    Happy Mothers Day to all the rambling mothers [and Ramblers wives].
    05-08-11 08:44 AM
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!!

Jaydee...your pics are FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing them
    Happy Mothers Day to all the rambling mothers [and Ramblers wives].
    thanks guys and doll!

BTW Jaydee, those pix are FABULOUS!!!!!!
    05-08-11 08:47 AM
    Hey...I'm semi-famous!
    The Weather Channel has been using my tulip photos all morning!!!
    They have shown 3 of the 8 I uploaded!!!
    Woo Hoo!
    Maybe another one this hour, too. It's kinda cool to see your pictures on TV, especially being just a regular ole person!
    Eric Fisher, the anchor, is a graduate of UAlbany's School of Meteorology from what I understand, so he is acquainted with the Festival.

Happy Mother's Day to the Lady Ramblers and wives of the guys! (or gf's too!)
    middbrew likes this.
    05-08-11 09:07 AM
    Hey...I'm semi-famous!
    The Weather Channel has been using my tulip photos all morning!!!
    They have shown 3 of the 8 I uploaded!!!
    Woo Hoo!
    Maybe another one this hour, too. It's kinda cool to see your pictures on TV, especially being just a regular ole person!
    How cool is that! I know I was impressed with your photos ability.
    05-08-11 09:51 AM
    gmorning all!

Quick stop in for me.

Jaydee that's wonderful you got to see you photography work on tv! YOUR FAMOUS DOLL!

Hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday, I know I did

Hamster, how's the new sd card progress coming along? have you found the culprit?

05-09-11 06:44 AM
    gmorning all!

Quick stop in for me.

Jaydee that's wonderful you got to see you photography work on tv! YOUR FAMOUS DOLL!

Hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday, I know I did

Hamster, how's the new sd card progress coming along? have you found the culprit?

I agree..Jaydee you photos were amazing..no wonder the WC used them. So happy for you!

I enjoyed as much as I could...Did nothing which I loved

P1nk...the new card is working fine. I still haven't had time to mess with the old one Maybe today...I'll keep you posted.

Tho my memory still leaks terribly...record this morning of 41mb
    05-09-11 06:56 AM
    Good Morning everyone in the Rambler family!!!
    Thanks Pink for the kind words.
    I am pretty excited about that.
    I am thinking of creating a book of some of the best photos for me to keep. You know, we do everything digital these days and never print pictures or pass them around.

There was a news story this am about a man with 6 computers. He's called an e-hoarder. He won't get rid of outdated computer equipment because he has too many emails on his computers. WTH? I throw everything on my server, keep that and pitch the rest...BUT therein lies the problem. Take tons of digital photos but never get to really enjoy them. So I am going to pick out a bunch and print them in a book. I bet my Mom would like a copy at Christmas time...
    05-09-11 07:01 AM
    I am thinking of creating a book of some of the best photos for me to keep. You know, we do everything digital these days and never print pictures or pass them around.

There was a news story this am about a man with 6 computers. He's called an e-hoarder. He won't get rid of outdated computer equipment because he has too many emails on his computers. WTH? I throw everything on my server, keep that and pitch the rest...BUT therein lies the problem. Take tons of digital photos but never get to really enjoy them. So I am going to pick out a bunch and print them in a book. I bet my Mom would like a copy at Christmas time...
    That's a great idea! We have literally thousands of digital photos and you are right, you don't get to enjoy them as much...Might have to do that myself..
    And your Mom would love your photos...really those Tulips were awesome shots! Can I steal a few?
    05-09-11 07:15 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers,

Well this is my last week in grad school. I've been working on a PhD and decided to be happy with my masters degree not to continue. I have one more lab for a GIS class to finish and give a final exam in the intro to social psych I'm teaching. Then there's hoping I can find a job. I've been looking but it's a tough market right now so wish me luck.
    05-09-11 08:27 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers,

Well this is my last week in grad school. I've been working on a PhD and decided to be happy with my masters degree not to continue. I have one more lab for a GIS class to finish and give a final exam in the intro to social psych I'm teaching. Then there's hoping I can find a job. I've been looking but it's a tough market right now so wish me luck.
    Good Luck! I am glad to be at the end of my career rather than at the beginning!

PhD's around here don't get you much else but a title. I want more money...lol
    But something nice to shoot for anyway. Son in grad school so my bills never end! I can hear ya there.

Good feeling to be almost finished, right?
    05-09-11 08:42 AM
    I agree..Jaydee you photos were amazing..no wonder the WC used them. So happy for you!

I enjoyed as much as I could...Did nothing which I loved

P1nk...the new card is working fine. I still haven't had time to mess with the old one Maybe today...I'll keep you posted.

Tho my memory still leaks terribly...record this morning of 41mb
    well, glad to hear the new card is working out well. As for the mem leak you have that got 'bigger', IDK. Mine has actually been behaving pretty decently lately. I think with all the theme switching you and Jaydee do for the reviews, has contributed to your leak becoming more. I honestly don't change my themes as much anymore, its a rough job trying to keep up with you 2 in the fast lane LOL! i'm teasing of course!
    I think you both do such a great job at reviews even though I may not submit a comment on every single one, i see and read them

yw! and the whole making a book thing sounds like a great idea! IDK how many photos i have stored on my laptop, computer and dads computer that are "just there"
    Good Morning Ramblers,

awesome news! Congrats and the best of luck in what ever you chose to pursue your career in
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-09-11 09:13 AM
    Good Luck! I am glad to be at the end of my career rather than at the beginning!

PhD's around here don't get you much else but a title. I want more money...lol
    But something nice to shoot for anyway. Son in grad school so my bills never end! I can hear ya there.

Good feeling to be almost finished, right?
    Yes it is a good feeling to be finished, but it would have been to have gotten the PhD. But the assistantship ran out so no more free tuition and stipend.

awesome news! Congrats and the best of luck in what ever you chose to pursue your career in
    Thanks, I'm going to need all the luck I can get. The job market is looking brutal right now. I might have to try my hand at panhandling.
    05-09-11 09:28 AM
    Good Morning Ramblers,

Good luck, Midd..I know how tough the market is out there. I'm sure you will find something with your many talents...
    Oh, you could go full time theme makin' and start charging for them.....uhhh did I just say that??
    05-09-11 09:44 AM
    Good luck, Midd..I know how tough the market is out there. I'm sure you will find something with your many talents...
    Oh, you could go full time theme makin' and start charging for them.....uhhh did I just say that??
    Hey!!! But the Ramblers get them for free, right???
    05-09-11 09:50 AM
    Hey!!! But the Ramblers get them for free, right???
    I would hope so, lol!
    05-09-11 09:52 AM
    Yes it is a good feeling to be finished, but it would have been to have gotten the PhD. But the assistantship ran out so no more free tuition and stipend.

Thanks, I'm going to need all the luck I can get. The job market is looking brutal right now. I might have to try my hand at panhandling.
    +1 for good luck. You're right about the job market. It's brutal. I've been looking for a year now.

On a plus note, I'm starting my MBA in two weeks. Gotta love the GI Bill.
    05-09-11 10:15 AM
23,186 ... 586587588589590 ...