They have invented a hovercraft, burning laser, a potato gun, and a flamethrower.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw a dozen 9 volt batteries taped together and two bare wires and they were asking if I had any hairspray?
    Hey Jaydee....can I borrow the flame thrower? I have a few co-workers I would like to "flame".
    05-04-11 06:08 PM
    Well, my age. But you get the point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh come on! You're only 25 and you know it!

Stop lying!
    05-04-11 06:26 PM
    No, P1nk..no improvement I'm back to having to reboot every time they disappear. IDK WTF is going on....I'm afraid I'm going to have to either get a new card or re-install the os. Either is a PITA.

I'm right there with ya, Sky!!!
    I'm sorry to hear that hamster

The strange thing is you had that same exact problem when on 443. When you went back to 431, the problem went away and it just started again this week?

If it was the sd card, no matter what os your on it would continue to happen, at least I would think. So IDK if replacing the card would help you.

First thing I would do is make a copy your sd card to your computer so you have all your info. When ever you update something, like add a wp, batex etc., make a new copy of the card again so its always current.

It looks like a wipe/reload may need to be done. If you've got a couple bucks, it may not hurt to replace the card also.

Just my thoughts on it.

05-04-11 07:37 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that hamster

The strange thing is you had that same exact problem when on 443. When you went back to 431, the problem went away and it just started again this week?

If it was the sd card, no matter what os your on it would continue to happen, at least I would think. So IDK if replacing the card would help you.

First thing I would do is make a copy your sd card to your computer so you have all your info. When ever you update something, like add a wp, batex etc., make a new copy of the card again so its always current.

It looks like a wipe/reload may need to be done. If you've got a couple bucks, it may not hurt to replace the card also.

Just my thoughts on it.

Yeah, P1nk...idk know. I took my media card out and my bb is running fine now. I was having horrible lag and delay all day...I must have rebooted a 100 times it feels like. But now without the card, it's running great.
    So, I've backed up the card to the pc, and am going to format the card, and then dump everything back on and see if that fixes it first before I get a new card or do a wipe/reload. What a PITA.
    Let me tell you, this default BW set is fugly! And I miss my Screenies

I'll keep you posted!
    05-04-11 08:04 PM
    ok, hold on hamster. You took your card out and your bb is running fine now? That would then lead me to believe you have a corrupted file on your card then. Finding it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack OR your card is shot.

Going back 2yrs ago, I had a wp I dwld to one of my bb's. At the time I didn't know why my bb kept rebooting. I finally figured out after a day that it was a wp, I deleted it and all ran well again. I'm not saying that could def be your prob, but it sounds like its something with your card OR your card is just no good anymore.

So, 1st step like you said to reformat your card and put your stuff back on. See how that goes. Hopefully that will solve your problem and this will be a dead issue!

05-04-11 08:19 PM
    ok, hold on hamster. You took your card out and your bb is running fine now? That would then lead me to believe you have a corrupted file on your card then. Finding it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack OR your card is shot.

Going back 2yrs ago, I had a wp I dwld to one of my bb's. At the time I didn't know why my bb kept rebooting. I finally figured out after a day that it was a wp, I deleted it and all ran well again. I'm not saying that could def be your prob, but it sounds like its something with your card OR your card is just no good anymore.

So, 1st step like you said to reformat your card and put your stuff back on. See how that goes. Hopefully that will solve your problem and this will be a dead issue!

Hmmm... ok so it is giving me the option to format or repair...what should I do?
    If I have to get a new card, that's fine...but I want to see if this works, first
    05-04-11 08:23 PM
    well, if you backed up everything and copied your card to your pc, I'd let it do a repair.

I've never done that before so idk how long it takes, and when its done you can copy your stuff back onto the card from your pc.

05-04-11 08:26 PM
    well, if you backed up everything and copied your card to your pc, I'd let it do a repair.

I've never done that before so idk how long it takes, and when its done you can copy your stuff back onto the card from your pc.

ok thanks....will try that and let you know
    05-04-11 08:27 PM
    ok good luck, I hope it works out for you.

05-04-11 08:29 PM
    Hamster, I would get a new card for your BB. Repair may offer some temporary relief, but I think you will have problems again. I think it would be worth the investment.
    05-04-11 10:40 PM
    Sorry, this a dumb question. Several of you have mentioned setting up an "automatic memory cleaning option" when the memory drops too low. I have looked all over my 9650 and cannot find what you are referring to. Obviously, I can run "memory cleaner" manually from within BB, but I cannot find an "auto" feature for cleaning my memory. I have MeterBerry and can do it manually there too but do not see an auto feature. Care to help a "must be missing the obvious" person????
    05-04-11 10:51 PM
    Not sure about OS6, runkle, but on OS5 it's Options->Security Options->Advanced Security Options->Memory Cleaning.
    05-04-11 10:54 PM
    Sorry, this a dumb question. Several of you have mentioned setting up an "automatic memory cleaning option" when the memory drops too low. I have looked all over my 9650 and cannot find what you are referring to. Obviously, I can run "memory cleaner" manually from within BB, but I cannot find an "auto" feature for cleaning my memory. I have MeterBerry and can do it manually there too but do not see an auto feature. Care to help a "must be missing the obvious" person????
    Hit OPTIONS, then type MEMORY in the search bar. Select MEMORY CLEANING, then ENABLE/CLEAN WHEN IDLE, and set the timeout. I have mine set for 30 minutes. Finally, pull and replace the battery.

If you enable the native memory cleaner, ensure that you disable the automatic memory cleaning in MeterBerry.
    05-04-11 11:38 PM
    Hey Hamster, did you get your SD card working?
    05-04-11 11:40 PM
    So it WAS the card, huh Hamster? I told you people have reported that the card (when corrupted or holding a corrupted file) makes the phone act funky.

I would also get a new one IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. I'm not sure I'd trust that card anymore. I remember having one corrupt music file on my card in my 8330 and I tried abut 4 times to update the OS and each time the card wouldn't work. Till I deleted the file and well, everything was fine again.

Let's hope its working better for you. I know how much you miss your screen shots and wallpaper and BattEx and BW files.....
    05-05-11 06:09 AM
    ok good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Hamster, I would get a new card for your BB. Repair may offer some temporary relief, but I think you will have problems again. I think it would be worth the investment.
    Hey Hamster, did you get your SD card working?
    So it WAS the card, huh Hamster? I told you people have reported that the card (when corrupted or holding a corrupted file) makes the phone act funky.

I would also get a new one IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. I'm not sure I'd trust that card anymore. I remember having one corrupt music file on my card in my 8330 and I tried abut 4 times to update the OS and each time the card wouldn't work. Till I deleted the file and well, everything was fine again.

Let's hope its working better for you. I know how much you miss your screen shots and wallpaper and BattEx and BW files.....
    Thanks everyone...It seems you are right. I repaired it last night, and it the phone worked fine for a while as did the card...but then....poof..all files disappeared again and the lag and delay came back again...
    So yeah I need a new card...Not sure formatting will help either.
    My question is though, how do I know which file corrupted it? If I put all the stuff back on the new card, will it not also corrupt it?
    This sucks.
    05-05-11 06:41 AM
    Dang! A new card it is!!!
    Maybe that will solve all your troubles.

And YES...copying over everything all at once will more than likely copy the corrupted file as well.

I would copy a little at a time and see how the phone runs. Then copy some more and see...that's what I did when I switched cards.
    It's a pain in the ***, I know. I feel so sorry for you!!!

My phone spontaneously rebooted this am when I tried to use my camera so the bad juju is floating in the air again......
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    05-05-11 06:53 AM
    Dang! A new card it is!!!
    Maybe that will solve all your troubles.

And YES...copying over everything all at once will more than likely copy the corrupted file as well.

I would copy a little at a time and see how the phone runs. Then copy some more and see...that's what I did when I switched cards.
    It's a pain in the ***, I know. I feel so sorry for you!!!

My phone spontaneously rebooted this am when I tried to use my camera so the bad juju is floating in the air again......
    I hate this.....Off to the store I go at some point to get a new card..and yeah, I'll load up a few things at a time. I'm pulling my hair out.

Your camera? oh s*(&.
    BAD JUJU ..hear this!! WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE!!!!!
    05-05-11 07:01 AM
    G'morning all.

Jaydee, sorry to hear about your reboot camera issue. hopefully it was a fluke thing. that actually did happen to me once when i was on 443, just once and not again.

Hamster, i feel sorry you have to go thru all that. IDK what to say. I'd be beside myself if i had to deal with that as well Because I know as well how much you enjoy you wp's bw set and batex's and to have to go thru such a long process of adding a little back at a time to keep watch can be frustrating. BUT, now you know its the card and you can fix that. Patience doll, and you will reep the benefits when all is done.

PSSSST! BTW girls, I posted 2 new batex's up for Mom's Day
    05-05-11 08:09 AM
    Hamster,

Do you have a card reader so you can plug your memory card directly into your pc? If so, you could run a filesystem check on it that way.

Russ.

05-05-11 10:19 AM
    Hamster,

Do you have a card reader so you can plug your memory card directly into your pc? If so, you could run a filesystem check on it that way.

Russ.

Hi Russ, yes I do have a reader...but repairing and formatting the card didn't help...so I thought it better to just get a new card which I did today.
    Now I have to start the process of loading everything back
    Ugh.
    Besides, how do I do a filesystem check? Would it tell me what file is corrupted? I could do that and figure out what not to load back on..
    Thanks!!!
    05-05-11 01:12 PM
    Hamster I'm glad to hear you've got yourself a new card. Unfortunately adding back little by little I'm sure is frustrating I'm sure you already know, but just in case, make sure to format your new card before putting stuff back on keep us updated on how your doing doll!

Russ, I'm also interested in the 'file system check' that can be done on an sd card also, I've never heard of this!

05-05-11 02:04 PM
    Besides, how do I do a filesystem check? Would it tell me what file is corrupted? I could do that and figure out what not to load back on..
    Thanks!!!
    Russ, I'm also interested in the 'file system check' that can be done on an sd card also, I've never heard of this!
    If you're using windows xp, open up 'My computer' (after you've attached the card via the read that is) and right click on the drive for your SDCard and select 'properties'. Go to the tools tab and click 'check now' under 'error-checking'.

If you've already formatted the card, ensure that you didn't do a quick format. As long as you didn't use the quick format option then you will have already checked your card for errors in its storage media.

If you've done a slow format and/or run the error checking and found no issues then the problem may be a little deeper than your SDCard being the issue. In this case, I would certainly try borrowing one (or use one from an old blackberry?) to see if the problem still occurs before you go buy a new one.

Hope this helps,

Russ.
    05-05-11 03:13 PM
    Hamster I'm glad to hear you've got yourself a new card. Unfortunately adding back little by little I'm sure is frustrating I'm sure you already know, but just in case, make sure to format your new card before putting stuff back on keep us updated on how your doing doll!

Hi P1nk..well it seems like all is well for the moment. I've put somethings back and it's running ok, for the moment, fingers crossed THx for checking in!

If you're using windows xp, open up 'My computer' (after you've attached the card via the read that is) and right click on the drive for your SDCard and select 'properties'. Go to the tools tab and click 'check now' under 'error-checking'.

If you've already formatted the card, ensure that you didn't do a quick format. As long as you didn't use the quick format option then you will have already checked your card for errors in its storage media.

If you've done a slow format and/or run the error checking and found no issues then the problem may be a little deeper than your SDCard being the issue. In this case, I would certainly try borrowing one (or use one from an old blackberry?) to see if the problem still occurs before you go buy a new one.

Hope this helps,

Russ.
    TYVM for this. I will give it a go. I already went and got a card, and it wasn't too bad in price, so no problem. I do want to see if my old card had a problem so I will try what you suggested and report back!
    Thanks again!
    05-05-11 03:20 PM

Hope this helps,

Russ.
    Thanks for this info Russ. I'm guessing the commands to get to "check now" would be the same on Win7.

So, Hamster, hows things going so far?

edit: LOL i was typing just as you were replying

OK my fingers are crossed gf!
    05-05-11 03:22 PM
23,186 ... 584585586587588 ...