As a storm2 user I can understand about the shortcomings of a pure touch device. A keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen together is the ultimate really.

Pro's of the touchscreen:
    - Faster navigation
    - More powerful user interface

Con's of just touchscreen:
    - Fingerprints
    - Clicking the right link on webpages
    - Keyboard robbing screen space
    - Selecting text for cut n paste (really hate this!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 04:48 AM
    I also don't think this thread will die just because the 9930 drops. I'm also not going to jump over to it right away (unless I win one ). We also are very welcoming to all types of phone users. We would even let Paul keep posting in here if jumps to a Droid (assuming he is unbanned) .

I'm actually looking forward to getting the 9930, I just can't upgrade yet and will not every over pay for a device. I didn't get my 9650 until I was offered it for free. I say I'm frugal, other people say it something else.
    05-04-11 06:09 AM
    I also don't think this thread will die just because the 9930 drops. I'm also not going to jump over to it right away (unless I win one ). We also are very welcoming to all types of phone users. We would even let Paul keep posting in here if jumps to a Droid (assuming he is unbanned) .

I'm actually looking forward to getting the 9930, I just can't upgrade yet and will not every over pay for a device. I didn't get my 9650 until I was offered it for free. I say I'm frugal, other people say it something else.
    +1 and AMEN to all you said!
    I will eventually move to a new phone, but like a fine wine..."not before its time"
    LMAO!
    05-04-11 06:25 AM
    As a storm2 user I can understand about the shortcomings of a pure touch device. A keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen together is the ultimate really.

Pro's of the touchscreen:
    - Faster navigation
    - More powerful user interface

Con's of just touchscreen:
    - Fingerprints
    - Clicking the right link on webpages
    - Keyboard robbing screen space
    - Selecting text for cut n paste (really hate this!)

I also REALLY HATED that about the S2 also! But like you've said Russ, a combo of touch/trackpad/keypad will make for a pretty cool device

NOW, as for these new bb's 9930/9900, I also have no intentions to move on from my baby anytime soon! I'm really enjoying mine waaaaaaay to much! Also, might i point out, the new devices will have OS7 AND NO THEMES I won't be willing to sacrafice what 45/50 or so themes i have back to NONE NO WAY JOSE'! LOL

Russ, i'm also like you, I don't feel the need to pay more for a device than needed. Back in Dec. I got myself and my son a bold, both for $30, so realistically $15 each. I won't pay a lot of money anymore, i've made that mistake with my S2 paying $110. on 1yr upgrade !OUCH! won't do that again.

G'morn all, hope everyone is well
    05-04-11 08:01 AM
    I love how this was moved to CrackBerry Rehab. haha
    05-04-11 08:02 AM
    I love how this was moved to CrackBerry Rehab. haha
    Why do you love this move? We're not too fond of it you know!
    05-04-11 08:07 AM
    I bet this was like half of most of your post counts now that I think about it.
    I can imagine.

Woah! My posts cut in half!? </3
    :P

Even CrackBerry thinks you guys need Rehab.
    05-04-11 08:11 AM
    I bet this was like half of most of your post counts now that I think about it.
    I can imagine.

Woah! My posts cut in half!? </3
    :P

Even CrackBerry thinks you guys need Rehab.
    Actually, post counts mean ****e here.
    And I only lost 2000 posts.
    You must not see me around the rest of the forum.
    So the other 4800 were actual HELPFUL posts (so were some of the ones they removed by putting us in Rehab!)

Besides Rehab is fun! When everyone thinks you're crazy they leave you the f*** alone.
    05-04-11 08:17 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

I installed the beta BW last night and all seems to be working fine with it...I'm liking the new option menu (instead of settings)..seems to be easier to get to what you want.

Alas , I too will not be upgrading my 9650...I just got it in Dec as a free upgrade and am not paying for another device until my contract is up. Unless, of course like Midd says, I win one.
    P1nk, really, no themes Well then, another reason I won't!

Jaydee - I'll be here with you until they kick us out

Ok...so remember way back when my media files would suddenly disappear? Well, it's happening again I'm getting quite frustrated lately..
    Memory leaks, spinning clocks and now my pictures/battex skins disappearing.. What gives? Do you think I need to ugh, do a wipe and re-install?
    05-04-11 08:26 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

I installed the beta BW last night and all seems to be working fine with it...I'm liking the new option menu (instead of settings)..seems to be easier to get to what you want.

Alas , I too will not be upgrading my 9650...I just got it in Dec as a free upgrade and am not paying for another device until my contract is up. Unless, of course like Midd says, I win one.

Jaydee - I'll be here with you until they kick us out

Ok...so remember way back when my media files would suddenly disappear? Well, it's happening again I'm getting quite frustrated lately..
    Memory leaks, spinning clocks and now my pictures/battex skins disappearing.. What gives? Do you think I need to ugh, do a wipe and re-install?
    Hamster, what level is your memory at? I find funky things happening when I get to 180 and below....
    05-04-11 08:31 AM
    Hamster, what level is your memory at? I find funky things happening when I get to 180 and below....
    It hasn't gotten that low yet...mine gets into the 230 range.
    So idk, wth is going on!
    05-04-11 08:39 AM
    Ok, a riddle befre I go to sleep.
    It was 42 yesterday.
    Its 43 today
    But tomorrow it will be
    43 and a day

What is it?

05-04-11 09:28 AM
    Ok, a riddle befre I go to sleep.
    It was 42 yesterday.
    Its 43 today
    But tomorrow it will be
    43 and a day

What is it?

Your birthday!!!
    05-04-11 09:30 AM
    Also, might i point out, the new devices will have OS7 AND NO THEMES I won't be willing to sacrafice what 45/50 or so themes i have back to NONE NO WAY JOSE'! LOL
    Yup! This is going to be a downer for a while until RIM releases Theme Builder 7.0 SDK, there will be no themes available until we get the tools to make them! To put things in perpective, we are still on beta releases of the OS6 TB SDK and haven't seen the gold version of that yet.
    05-04-11 11:20 AM
    Also, might i point out, the new devices will have OS7 AND NO THEMES I won't be willing to sacrafice what 45/50 or so themes i have back to NONE NO WAY JOSE'! LOL
    Hi Pink, You bring up a good point about no themes for os-7. I can't recall atm, how long it was until the os-6 theme builder was released after the os was available. Of course that didn't stop most everyone from upgrading anyway. While I will miss not being able to conjure up a nice custom theme, I think the new device with a new os and faster everything will over rule the theme issue.
    Funny, but I was on my mobihand account the other day and saw all the os-5 themes I had stored there, never to be used again. I went a little nuts with themes previously and it was quite evident by the accumulation I had amassed.
    There's always wallpapers to mix it up for os-7. So a lack of themes wouldn't keep me from upgrading.
    One thing about the bold touch that seems to get very little mention is the screen size increase by .4". It will make a noticible diff and one thing I'm really looking forward to along with the rest of the goodies.
    05-04-11 12:08 PM
    You're right. This device will be near the size of the 9000. The bigger screen and keyboard will make this a must-have.

05-04-11 12:20 PM
    It hasn't gotten that low yet...mine gets into the 230 range.
    So idk, wth is going on!
    oh no, not again hamster! when my mem leaks, I don't let it go below 220 before i reboot again, and usually that can take 2 or 3 days to get to before i have to reboot. I've been busy all morn and just got a chance to look in now, has there been any improvement since you last posted?
    Yup! This is going to be a downer for a while until RIM releases Theme Builder 7.0 SDK, there will be no themes available until we get the tools to make them! To put things in perpective, we are still on beta releases of the OS6 TB SDK and haven't seen the gold version of that yet.
    Hi Pink, You bring up a good point about no themes for os-7. I can't recall atm, how long it was until the os-6 theme builder was released after the os was available. Of course that didn't stop most everyone from upgrading anyway. While I will miss not being able to conjure up a nice custom theme, I think the new device with a new os and faster everything will over rule the theme issue.
    Funny, but I was on my mobihand account the other day and saw all the os-5 themes I had stored there, never to be used again. I went a little nuts with themes previously and it was quite evident by the accumulation I had amassed.
    There's always wallpapers to mix it up for os-7. So a lack of themes wouldn't keep me from upgrading.
    One thing about the bold touch that seems to get very little mention is the screen size increase by .4". It will make a noticible diff and one thing I'm really looking forward to along with the rest of the goodies.
    yes, the first thing that crossed my mind was OS7=no themes=no TB for OS7 because OS6 is still in BETA, since Feb is it?!!! And honestly, i don't like the stock theme for OS6, i can't begin to imagine what the one for OS7 will look like

Jim, good point on all your themes sitting there never to be touched again. If i upgraded to the OS7 device, all of my OS6 themes that i've purchased, which are A LOT, would be money down the drain at that point. SO another reason to not move on to another device for me as well. Besides, like i said before, I'm having waaaaaaay too much fun with this baby of mine
    05-04-11 12:27 PM
    You're right. This device will be near the size of the 9000. The bigger screen and keyboard will make this a must-have.
    For sure. I've heard some complain about the bigger size. Geez...it's only a very little bit, but I'm going to like it. I've always thought candy bar BB's had to small of a screen.
    I had an old HP winmo candy bar BB style phone a few years ago that had a 3" screen with a fantastic kb. I loved it. It's downfall was the laggy wm5 os. But a perfect screen size for the style of device. I for one am looking forward to this upgrade and the timing couldn't be better for my NE2.
    05-04-11 12:33 PM
    You folks with the memory leaks using the auto mem recovery or no? My memory leaks at a pretty good clip. but never drops below 82% free before it recovers to 95% on it's own.
    05-04-11 12:37 PM
    yeah, i think the bigger size might keep me from upgrading. If it's too wide to get my fingers across to type, that would be a problem. And touch screens are out for me because of my nails.

Hey Good News!!!!!!
    One of my students fixed my berry!!!
    Here are the pictures to prove it.

He used....tada....a ballpoint pen refill!!!!
    Leave it to my Cisco students!
    The kid gets an A for the course!
    (They also invented a flamethrower today, too but that's another story...)

The tip of that plug is quite small and is compared to a computer screw for size comparison.
    And the headphones work again too!!!
    I am soooooo excited!!!!!
    05-04-11 12:47 PM
    YaY for fixed berries and flamethrowers Jaydee

05-04-11 01:58 PM
    Your birthday!!!
    Well, my age. But you get the point.

05-04-11 02:48 PM
    oh no, not again hamster! when my mem leaks, I don't let it go below 220 before i reboot again, and usually that can take 2 or 3 days to get to before i have to reboot. I've been busy all morn and just got a chance to look in now, has there been any improvement since you last posted?

yes, the first thing that crossed my mind was OS7=no themes=no TB for OS7 because OS6 is still in BETA, since Feb is it?!!! And honestly, i don't like the stock theme for OS6, i can't begin to imagine what the one for OS7 will look like

Jim, good point on all your themes sitting there never to be touched again. If i upgraded to the OS7 device, all of my OS6 themes that i've purchased, which are A LOT, would be money down the drain at that point. SO another reason to not move on to another device for me as well. Besides, like i said before, I'm having waaaaaaay too much fun with this baby of mine
    No, P1nk..no improvement I'm back to having to reboot every time they disappear. IDK WTF is going on....I'm afraid I'm going to have to either get a new card or re-install the os. Either is a PITA.

Well, my age. But you get the point.

I'm right there with ya, Sky!!!
    05-04-11 03:48 PM
    Hey Good News!!!!!!
    One of my students fixed my berry!!!
    Awesome! Glad to see you got it taken care of Kudos to that student.

(They also invented a flamethrower today, too but that's another story...)
    Hmm, is this a piece of software for posting on forums?
    05-04-11 05:06 PM
    Awesome! Glad to see you got it taken care of Kudos to that student.

Hmm, is this a piece of software for posting on forums?
    They have invented a hovercraft, burning laser, a potato gun, and a flamethrower.

I knew I was in trouble when I saw a dozen 9 volt batteries taped together and two bare wires and they were asking if I had any hairspray?
    05-04-11 05:18 PM
23,186 ... 583584585586587 ...