Morning Ramblers!

Pink, glad your Battex work is coming along. We will be sending you some requests soon!!!

I'm back at work and coughing, keeps everyone away. If they have complaints about technology they can email me right?
    LMAO!!!!!

Pink, I was talking to someone about the explosion of BerryWeather sets and we decided we need a quick reference for our berries. What do you think I could put together? I was thinking of a screen shot of each set and the name as a start but unsure how to save it or display it. What ideas would you have on that? Also I want Hamster to weigh in on that...please!!!
    05-02-11 08:41 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

Well, I have amazed myself, I've created my own BatEx skin, something i thought i wouldn't be able to figure out, turns out to be easier than i thought! So in due time, i will come up with something to share in the BattEx thread for everyone

Jaydee, i want to thank you for the suggestion of Paint.net along with Curvedthumb as well. I dwl'd it this morning and it worked great! I corrected the "_000i" files in my battex i made so now everything matches beautifully Much appreciated for the suggestion

I also hope you are feeling better than the week prior!

I sure have been busy this past week as well, I'm hoping when the summer comes things will slow down so i have more time to chyll.
    Hi P1nk! You are one talented lady! Your battex looks great!
    Now about those requests....lol!

Morning Ramblers!

Pink, glad your Battex work is coming along. We will be sending you some requests soon!!!

I'm back at work and coughing, keeps everyone away. If they have complaints about technology they can email me right?
    LMAO!!!!!

Pink, I was talking to someone about the explosion of BerryWeather sets and we decided we need a quick reference for our berries. What do you think I could put together? I was thinking of a screen shot of each set and the name as a start but unsure how to save it or display it. What ideas would you have on that? Also I want Hamster to weigh in on that...please!!!
    Hi Jaydee...that's a good idea about the reference on the BW...i always forgot what they look like and it's a pain to have to load and then see that's really not the one I wanted, lol.
    I'll give it some thought....What if we had a thread with just the screen shots of all the sets, and that was it. Maybe make sure nothing else gets put in there, so it would be easy to go through?
    I'll try and think of something else...
    Good luck back at work!
    05-02-11 10:56 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

LMAO!!!!!

I agree with you Jaydee, I have over 150 sets on my card and honestly I don't remember WTF half of them look like! LOL It would be great if BW was able to possibly update the app to show thumbnails like BatEx does, now that would be AWESOME!

As for ideas on where, how, what etc on the BW sets I just saw Hamsters post, and perhaps a thread of JUST the skin pix and name could work. As long as you don't start to get 'straglers' in there posting for help, and if you do then the thread will be all over the place, so that will be the issue with that idea i can think of, BUT it is a great idea Hamster

Hi P1nk! You are one talented lady! Your battex looks great!
    Now about those requests....lol!

Hi Jaydee...that's a good idea about the reference on the BW...i always forgot what they look like and it's a pain to have to load and then see that's really not the one I wanted, lol.
    I'll give it some thought....What if we had a thread with just the screen shots of all the sets, and that was it. Maybe make sure nothing else gets put in there, so it would be easy to go through?
    I'll try and think of something else...
    Good luck back at work!
    i think this is a great idea Hamster, but like i stated above, trying to keep the straglers seeking help may become an issue, We wouldn't want to turn them away of course but at the same time, the thread will have to stay strictly 'on track' for bw set pix and names so we remember what they look like, lol.

BTW, i do the same thing sometimes, load up and then go "ugh! not the one i wanted!" LOL its a PITA

NOW as for those requests, I'm really not ready for it yet girls I'm still learning, but when I completely know the ins and outs of it, and i have the time of course, I will be happy to do a couple for you here and there

05-02-11 11:12 AM
    I agree with you Jaydee, I have over 150 sets on my card and honestly I don't remember WTF half of them look like! LOL It would be great if BW was able to possibly update the app to show thumbnails like BatEx does, now that would be AWESOME!

As for ideas on where, how, what etc on the BW sets I just saw Hamsters post, and perhaps a thread of JUST the skin pix and name could work. As long as you don't start to get 'straglers' in there posting for help, and if you do then the thread will be all over the place, so that will be the issue with that idea i can think of, BUT it is a great idea Hamster

i think this is a great idea Hamster, but like i stated above, trying to keep the straglers seeking help may become an issue, We wouldn't want to turn them away of course but at the same time, the thread will have to stay strictly 'on track' for bw set pix and names so we remember what they look like, lol.

BTW, i do the same thing sometimes, load up and then go "ugh! not the one i wanted!" LOL its a PITA

NOW as for those requests, I'm really not ready for it yet girls I'm still learning, but when I completely know the ins and outs of it, and i have the time of course, I will be happy to do a couple for you here and there
    If I can jump in here...

Why not make a Photobucket album and share it amongst yourselves? Post screenshots of all your BerryWeather and BatteryEx skins and iconsets.

Just my $0.02 here.
    05-02-11 11:54 AM
    I'm glad to hear the Sam Adams came after the sawing and not during. A party with a bonfire sounds like the thing to do. Let me know and I will come up.
    I actually am quite fond of my limbs, even though they often cause me pain, especially after a day of playing lumberjack. So most definitely the SA came after the sawing!

Sounds like you had a busy day, Sky! Hope you didn't spill any SA on your BB?
    Never! I don't know if I would be more upset over the injured BB or the lost SA!

Wow!!! I can hardly wait...for the theme, that is!
    When you test drive it Skyboxer, let us see some shots!
    Of Course!
    05-02-11 12:40 PM
    @russnash, thanks for the link to "impatica". I gave it a try and decided it's not really something I could use. I was wondering how you and the rest would use it. It seems like a training tool is really the intended use as that would work well in a presentation class instruction kind of setting. I found it pretty laggy when using with my bold. My 64bit wm7 wouldn't respond except BB>PC. I didn't see the value in that to much, maybe I'm missing something, but for $40(ouch!) ? My vista PC 32bit worked both ways but I found it pretty slow and hard to use. To much learning curve maybe and patience required.
    I'd like to hear how anybody else is finding it's usability.
    So, anybody else try this out? I couldn't find any value to it and was thinking I'm missing something huge. The developer puts a high dollar value on it so, I'm thinking at least they like it.
    05-02-11 01:17 PM
    If I can jump in here...

Why not make a Photobucket album and share it amongst yourselves? Post screenshots of all your BerryWeather and BatteryEx skins and iconsets.

Just my $0.02 here.
    Not a bad idea, 99....That might just be how we keep it clean and no"extra" posts...hmmmm
    Thanks!
    05-02-11 01:36 PM
    That's not a bad idea Underway...
    So let's see. How would we use it Hamster? Post the screenshots of the bwi?Would everyone need to use the mobile PB app to see them? I was hoping to have a listing or pics of them kinda easily at hand to use before I change...
    I still can't figure it out. lol
    05-02-11 02:51 PM
    That's not a bad idea Underway...
    So let's see. How would we use it Hamster? Post the screenshots of the bwi?Would everyone need to use the mobile PB app to see them? I was hoping to have a listing or pics of them kinda easily at hand to use before I change...
    I still can't figure it out. lol
    Well, they wouldn't really need that mobile app, just bookmark the site or something. But then doesn't this just become like the TIM page, without the links? Could we get TIM to update their site with actual SS?
    Maybe getting a thread here is the best bet, and we could write a statement up front that this is READ ONLY, and direct them to the other BW thread for q's, ss or whatever...
    Lol, i'm confused now.
    05-02-11 03:08 PM
    Nope, you're not confused. I am!!!
    Haha. I agree. I don't want anyone thinking I am trying to better the TIM site. And on that site they actually have pics posted for all the BeWeather sets they have posted...so maybe we don't need anything after all...

I just wanted a pic and list to consult before changing my sets.
    I even went so far as to print what was on TIM (in B &W) and keep them in a notebook...crazy, I know...

Wondering what other way there is to do that?
    05-02-11 03:14 PM
    Nope, you're not confused. I am!!!
    Haha. I agree. I don't want anyone thinking I am trying to better the TIM site. And on that site they actually have pics posted for all the BeWeather sets they have posted...so maybe we don't need anything after all...

I just wanted a pic and list to consult before changing my sets.
    I even went so far as to print what was on TIM (in B &W) and keep them in a notebook...crazy, I know...

Wondering what other way there is to do that?
    They do have pics, but some of them just show the one condition. It would be cool to have all conditions show, don't you think? At least the most common ones, so you get an idea of what the set looks like. I think the thread would do that (pretty much like your cheat sheet, but posted here, so it's easy to access). I don't think TIM would have a problem with that.
    We could all take ss of some of the sets (divy them up) of the 5 day forecast..and hope that we have different conditions to show! lol
    What do you think?
    05-02-11 03:29 PM
    If you gals get something going you will have to share. I have a lot of BW icons but only use a few because I don't want to go through them all to see what I want to display.
    05-02-11 04:03 PM
    If you gals get something going you will have to share. I have a lot of BW icons but only use a few because I don't want to go through them all to see what I want to display.
    of course, Midd...No question! It is a PITA I agree....
    05-02-11 04:12 PM
    I was looking at the berryweather icon sets I've downloaded, the .bwi files are just zip files containing the icons in .png format. It would probably be quite straightforward to write an app you could browse them with. Perhaps ill add that to my "had enough theming for now" list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 05:15 PM
    I was looking at the berryweather icon sets I've downloaded, the .bwi files are just zip files containing the icons in .png format. It would probably be quite straightforward to write an app you could browse them with. Perhaps ill add that to my "had enough theming for now" list.

Have you had enough yet?

PS Someone PMed me and asked what my signature meant about Bold addicts being in Rehab. Haha. I was only too happy to be helpful and tell them the story!
    05-02-11 05:22 PM
    Don't forget the storm addicts too!

05-02-11 05:30 PM
    Don't forget the storm addicts too!

Of course not! One big dysfunctional family!
    05-02-11 05:48 PM
    Hey,
    I was checking on the specs of the new 9900 and 9930phones. I guess the 9930 would be for us CDMA users...

I saw a battery:
    1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery

What? Could this be true? Only 1230...compared to the underpowered 1400 we have now??? I mean that's HALF of my extended 2600... less than half actually.

Are these the same measurements? Could this be?
    05-02-11 05:59 PM
    You know how it works Jaydee, you buy the phone then pay extra for the extended! I think phone makers and battery companies are in cahoots, always have been. It's extra gravy for them.
    05-02-11 06:07 PM
    Jaydee, as for the BW pix & name thing, I'm confuzzled now too! LOL. BUT actually, I really liked your idea that you printed them out and have reference sheets the only downfall of that i would imagine is that you prob have ALOT of pages huh?

I'm considering doing this though to help with the diff sets to rem what they look like. I mean, WTH, we have index cards labeled with theme name, developer and shortcuts functions within that particular theme, so why not something similar for BW sets.

I could print out the pages and enclosed them in the plastic "report covers" the hs kids use for their papers and such to keep them neat.

UHHHHMMMMM......did i hear Russ is in the process of working on another theme and Sky will be posting ss's when in testing!
    05-02-11 06:23 PM
    UHHHHMMMMM......did i hear Russ is in the process of working on another theme and Sky will be posting ss's when in testing![/B]
    That's a VICIOUS, VICIOUS rumour and also... ummm .... true.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    05-02-11 08:58 PM
    PS Someone PMed me and asked what my signature meant about Bold addicts being in Rehab. Haha. I was only too happy to be helpful and tell them the story!
    I think it's funny that most of us have a reference to the Ramblers being in rehab.
    05-02-11 09:00 PM
    Hey,
    I was checking on the specs of the new 9900 and 9930phones. I guess the 9930 would be for us CDMA users...

I saw a battery:
    1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery

What? Could this be true? Only 1230...compared to the underpowered 1400 we have now??? I mean that's HALF of my extended 2600... less than half actually.

Are these the same measurements? Could this be?
    I am concerned about this too. Crucial did say that the 9900 get about equal battery life as the 9700, which is really good. I hope that translates to mean we will have at least equal to 9650 battery life on the stock battery.
    05-02-11 09:04 PM
    That's a VICIOUS, VICIOUS rumour and also... ummm .... true.
    This is where I should chime in and talk about how awesome the theme is but not post a screenie, just to torture.
    But I'm not mean like that. I'll post when I get something to test. I figure Russ is hand coding connuter valves on it or something.
    05-02-11 09:21 PM
    I am concerned about this too. Crucial did say that the 9900 get about equal battery life as the 9700, which is really good. I hope that translates to mean we will have at least equal to 9650 battery life on the stock battery.
    Lots faster processor than our current bolds, so I dunno. No matter which fone I end up with I almost always end up with an extended anyway. I'm in agreement tho that bigger batteries should be standard equip.
    05-02-11 09:46 PM
23,186 ... 581582583584585 ...