Guess what I did tonight? I listened to music with my berry and my BT S9 MotoRokr headset.

So I guess I can wait to see what I want to do about the jammed plug.

BT worked fine and I might now worry about it. Then again, if it bugs me too much, I will call and get them to replace it for me. I will whine and whine until I get my way...isn't that why God made women????
    04-29-11 08:08 PM
    Skyboxer, you get it figured out? At least one of us late niters had some good advice
    I am finding the 466 radio file an improvement so far. Let us know how it's going.
    Yeah it worked like I thought. I just dropped the radio file from 466 into the 524 after running the hybrid installer. Its doing fine so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 09:44 PM
    Yeah it worked like I thought. I just dropped the radio file from 466 into the 524 after running the hybrid installer. Its doing fine so far!
    It's good to hear that the installer worked for you. Some folks were reporting problems with the installer, hence the manual Java dump.
    04-29-11 10:29 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Everyone must be enjoying the sunshine, I hope!
    I am still coughing and lounging around on the sofa. Though about going grocery shopping and said, why bother? Tomorrow I will need more. So I will wait! Looks like it might be a pizza night...lol

I have switched over to some intense MacBook surfing and I m getting the hang of using a different OS. Any of the Ramblers proficient in Mac OSX?
    I need some apps and dang, I can't figure out how to install anything on this crazy thing. LOL I download it and click but what the h3ll it's doing, I dunno!
    Someone help!

I haven't tried DM with it either. Think I should not mix up my berry and stick to my PC for DM?
    04-30-11 01:26 PM
    I'm enjoying a wonderful weekend at work, I just love soaking up the sun from the underground dungeon I get to work in

I splashed out and bought BeWeather last night:

I tried the trial a short while ago and loved it, decided to take the plunge!

I've also been playing around with a free trial of impatica viadock, it lets you plug your berry into the USB on your PC and use it through an app on windows (boo at no linux support!). So far I'm pretty impressed although it does have some quirks. Nice to have my storm2 charging while I'm bbm'ing peeps and *cough* working at the same time. One good thing about working this weekend is that I will be able to roll up my sleeves and get started working on some proofs of concept for my next theme, Morph.

Hope everyone else is getting to enjoy the sun!

Russ.
    04-30-11 01:45 PM
    Russ,
    Two things:
    A NEW THEME!!!!! YAY!!! enuf said.

And what? use your bbm on your pc? OMG I have to get this app. Where didyou find the trial? Sounds like what I need since I am tethered (literally) to a PC all day and all night long!!!
    04-30-11 01:56 PM
    And what? use your bbm on your pc? OMG I have to get this app. Where didyou find the trial? Sounds like what I need since I am tethered (literally) to a PC all day and all night long!!!
    Yup! Basically, you can see your BB screen on the PC and control it from there.

Here's the linky:

Impatica viaDock - Control Your BlackBerry with your PC

Trial is for 5 days.
    jaydee5799 and Elizabeth2 like this.
    04-30-11 02:22 PM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Everyone must be enjoying the sunshine, I hope!
    I am still coughing and lounging around on the sofa. Though about going grocery shopping and said, why bother? Tomorrow I will need more. So I will wait! Looks like it might be a pizza night...lol

I have switched over to some intense MacBook surfing and I m getting the hang of using a different OS. Any of the Ramblers proficient in Mac OSX?
    I need some apps and dang, I can't figure out how to install anything on this crazy thing. LOL I download it and click but what the h3ll it's doing, I dunno!
    Someone help!

I haven't tried DM with it either. Think I should not mix up my berry and stick to my PC for DM?
    The sun wasn't out very long here today. We had a week were we set some records for rain, something like 11 or so inches of rain in 5 days. then sunny for two and now back to rain.

I'm not a Mac user so not any help in that department. But I do again you should stick to the PC for your BB needs.
    04-30-11 07:56 PM
    I've also been playing around with a free trial of impatica viadock, it lets you plug your berry into the USB on your PC and use it through an app on windows (boo at no linux support!). So far I'm pretty impressed although it does have some quirks. Nice to have my storm2 charging while I'm bbm'ing peeps and *cough* working at the same time.
    Yup! Basically, you can see your BB screen on the PC and control it from there.

Here's the linky:

Impatica viaDock - Control Your BlackBerry with your PC

Trial is for 5 days.
    You might also take a look at Shao app. I believe it's still in beta, but it work pretty good. I don't think it works with BBM groups but does with individual BBMs. It also works with email.

Edit: I forgot to add the link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...0/index13.html
    Last edited by middbrew; 04-30-11 at 08:11 PM.
    04-30-11 08:09 PM
    You might also take a look at Shao app. I believe it's still in beta, but it work pretty good. I don't think it works with BBM groups but does with individual BBMs. It also works with email.

Edit: I forgot to add the link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ope...0/index13.html
    This PCKeys is slick! I had something like it for my Treo called PDAReach from June Fabrics, but I figured that I'd never see this for BlackBerry. You know, that reputation for security and such....
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-30-11 at 11:55 PM. Reason: fixed details
    04-30-11 11:03 PM
    Morning Ramblers!

You know, I am encouraged with these apps!!!
    So thanks to Russ and Midd for the line on these. I am going to try them out at work when I get a free moment. This will be something cool to try and well, if it works...woohoo!!!

Although I have had several of Shao's apps before and they were SUPERB! so I expect this to work as well.

Will keep you posted.
    Have a great day Ramblers!!!

PS Where's Prince???
    PPS If you haven't downloaded Midd's new theme yet, do it!! It's fantastic!!
    05-01-11 07:21 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

You know, I am encouraged with these apps!!!
    So thanks to Russ and Midd for the line on these. I am going to try them out at work when I get a free moment. This will be something cool to try and well, if it works...woohoo!!!

Although I have had several of Shao's apps before and they were SUPERB! so I expect this to work as well.

Will keep you posted.
    Have a great day Ramblers!!!

PS Where's Prince???
    PPS If you haven't downloaded Midd's new theme yet, do it!! It's fantastic!!
    Shao's works pretty good for me. So let us know how it works for you.

Where is Prince? I think I was a post by him earlier. Are you needing a Dr.'s session?

Thanks for the props on the theme.
    05-01-11 08:34 AM
    Midd, I posted some new screen shots in the APPROPRIATE thread.
    HAHA.

As for a Doctor...no for a medical one (seen too many in the past two weeks. But YES!!! to Dr. Prince!!!!!)

Hamster and I were chatting on BBM; I feel like Glenda (the Good Witch) saying to the Munchkins...it's okay you may come out!!!!
    (Which in itself is pretty funny, cause although I resemble a witch, I am probably the SHORTEST person here!!!!)
    05-01-11 08:48 AM
    So yesterday was spent helping with cleanup at my moms house from a storm that rolled through a couple of weeks ago. Mainly sawing up a big tree that had been uprooted into pieces and moving them to the back yard to be burned at a later date. After that I consumed a bunch of Sam Adams to slake my thirst. Hardly any time for BB at all.

05-01-11 09:18 AM
    So yesterday was spent helping with cleanup at my moms house from a storm that rolled through a couple of weeks ago. Mainly sawing up a big tree that had been uprooted into pieces and moving them to the back yard to be burned at a later date. After that I consumed a bunch of Sam Adams to slake my thirst. Hardly any time for BB at all.

Sam Adams and your BB sounds like a perfect summertime activity!
    Unfortunately you had the damage to contend with. Sorry about that. Glad Mom is okay!!

I love days spent with a laptop, sitting on my deck, my bb and a nice cold drink...iced tea or whatever strikes my fancy! Glad I have days like that to look forward to this summer. (Two weeks ago when I became sick, I wondered if I'd even BE here for summer...)
    05-01-11 09:26 AM
    Midd, I posted some new screen shots in the APPROPRIATE thread.
    HAHA.

As for a Doctor...no for a medical one (seen too many in the past two weeks. But YES!!! to Dr. Prince!!!!!)

Hamster and I were chatting on BBM; I feel like Glenda (the Good Witch) saying to the Munchkins...it's okay you may come out!!!!
    (Which in itself is pretty funny, cause although I resemble a witch, I am probably the SHORTEST person here!!!!)
    Yes I meant Dr. Prince! I'm sure you are awfully tired of seeing a medical Dr.

I'm glad to hear the Sam Adams came after the sawing and not during. A party with a bonfire sounds like the thing to do. Let me know and I will come up.
    05-01-11 10:42 AM
    Sounds like you had a busy day, Sky! Hope you didn't spill any SA on your BB?

Another day at work for me, but the good news is I'm always off work Monday and Tuesday so I can spend time soaking up the rain and thunderstorms that are coming... what? Wait!!!!! That's so unfair!!!!

Loving BeWeather, although there are a few things that would benefit from some changes. Going into the app to change my wallpaper is a PITA, although I understand why it needs to be changed through the app due to API limits, the author could have added a menu entry to the pictures native app for setting the wp.

Been experimenting with different wallpaper effects for my new theme project, it's going to be called 'Morph'. One of the things you will be able to do is to add a highly configurable tint to your wallpaper as well as some other cool wallpaper enhancing effects. I'm really shooting for a theme which everyone will be able to make their own to the point that no two screenshots would look the same and you'd have a hard time being able to tell it was all the same theme. Hopefully, I'm not biting off more than the BB theme engine can chew .

Cafeteria has just opened here at work and I smell chicken tenders and fries calling my name.....
    jaydee5799 and middbrew like this.
    05-01-11 11:37 AM
    Wow!!! I can hardly wait...for the theme, that is!
    When you test drive it Skyboxer, let us see some shots!

Enjoy your lunch Russ!
    05-01-11 11:58 AM
    Sounds like you had a busy day, Sky! Hope you didn't spill any SA on your BB?

Another day at work for me, but the good news is I'm always off work Monday and Tuesday so I can spend time soaking up the rain and thunderstorms that are coming... what? Wait!!!!! That's so unfair!!!!

Loving BeWeather, although there are a few things that would benefit from some changes. Going into the app to change my wallpaper is a PITA, although I understand why it needs to be changed through the app due to API limits, the author could have added a menu entry to the pictures native app for setting the wp.

Been experimenting with different wallpaper effects for my new theme project, it's going to be called 'Morph'. One of the things you will be able to do is to add a highly configurable tint to your wallpaper as well as some other cool wallpaper enhancing effects. I'm really shooting for a theme which everyone will be able to make their own to the point that no two screenshots would look the same and you'd have a hard time being able to tell it was all the same theme. Hopefully, I'm not biting off more than the BB theme engine can chew .

Cafeteria has just opened here at work and I smell chicken tenders and fries calling my name.....
    Now that sounds like a huge project (the theme, not the chicken tenders and fries). Good luck and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    05-01-11 01:55 PM
    Is anyone using a 64 bit wm7 pc to trial the impatica app? I find I cannot use the pc to bb control function. BB to pc works tho, although laggy and strange. I was hoping to use my bold's browser via the 3G signal to power the web on my laptop. Possible? Another way to tether perhaps?
    I think I'll try it on my 32 bit vista lappy and compare function.
    05-01-11 02:12 PM
    Have you ever tried DeToday? It integrates with Bweather very well for a bit of a diff experience. I use it for my onscreen weather more than the Bweather wallpaper function. You can also use the onscreen cal appoint function which is it's main purpose I think. I believe it may have a trial. I like the more color choices available for the fonts. It also has a quick on/off with an alternate choice for the wallpaper when in off mode. Kinda cool. I prefer it over Bweather. Thought it worth mentioning and worth a looksee.
    05-01-11 02:20 PM
    Have you ever tried DeToday? It integrates with Bweather very well for a bit of a diff experience. I use it for my onscreen weather more than the Bweather wallpaper function. You can also use the onscreen cal appoint function which is it's main purpose I think. I believe it may have a trial. I like the more color choices available for the fonts. It also has a quick on/off with an alternate choice for the wallpaper when in off mode. Kinda cool. I prefer it over Bweather. Thought it worth mentioning and worth a looksee.
    Hi cbreze,

Thanks for the tip on DeToday. Just checked it out and was impressed. I also checked out their other apps and liked what I saw.
    Last edited by Mojave; 05-01-11 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-01-11 04:18 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out!
    05-01-11 04:20 PM
    @russnash, thanks for the link to "impatica". I gave it a try and decided it's not really something I could use. I was wondering how you and the rest would use it. It seems like a training tool is really the intended use as that would work well in a presentation class instruction kind of setting. I found it pretty laggy when using with my bold. My 64bit wm7 wouldn't respond except BB>PC. I didn't see the value in that to much, maybe I'm missing something, but for $40(ouch!) ? My vista PC 32bit worked both ways but I found it pretty slow and hard to use. To much learning curve maybe and patience required.
    I'd like to hear how anybody else is finding it's usability.
    05-01-11 10:19 PM
    Morning Ramblers!

Well, I have amazed myself, I've created my own BatEx skin, something i thought i wouldn't be able to figure out, turns out to be easier than i thought! So in due time, i will come up with something to share in the BattEx thread for everyone

Jaydee, i want to thank you for the suggestion of Paint.net along with Curvedthumb as well. I dwl'd it this morning and it worked great! I corrected the "_000i" files in my battex i made so now everything matches beautifully Much appreciated for the suggestion

I also hope you are feeling better than the week prior!

I sure have been busy this past week as well, I'm hoping when the summer comes things will slow down so i have more time to chyll.
    05-02-11 08:17 AM
23,186 ... 580581582583584 ...