Jaydee, i usually label my folders by type, ie. flowers, HK, Xmas and so on. I don't do color because with certain shades of items i'm color blind.

hamster, are you seeing this right after a reboot or maybe 15mins afterwards? I get the clock after a reboot if i try to do something while my bb is still indexing and what not, but other than just randomly, no i don't.

Good morning to all, hope everyone has a good day
    P1nk...yes I do see it right after reboot and that I figure is normal.
    But more often then that, it will still happen randomly

My device is acting all crazy...yesterday I lost 41mb memory
    04-26-11 10:09 AM
    P1nk...yes I do see it right after reboot and that I figure is normal.
    But more often then that, it will still happen randomly

My device is acting all crazy...yesterday I lost 41mb memory
    holy crow---41MB?!?! that is unusual for you.

As far as the clock goes, i'll see what i can find in the 9650 section threads.
    04-26-11 10:12 AM
    ok i found this thread so far....i'm still looking.

there is a post in this one from Midd about the clock spinning, 3rd or 4th post down. could be your issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/sm...ppears-600977/
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-26-11 10:15 AM
    also found this Hamster, post#42 by SteveStrike. This may help you also:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/la...ml#post5993106

good luck, hopefully one of these will give you more insight to your clock spinning problem. Also, maybe one of the guys will pop in with some other explanations too
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-26-11 10:18 AM
    Jaydee and all, I am actually looking for a couple golf themes. I like the wallpaper with a golf hole scene. I will do some searching for it. If you also know of a wallpaper or two like that, let me know. Thanks.
    04-26-11 10:26 AM
    Mornin' ramblers. My om is fubar'd again this morning, anybody else'?
    As far as spinning clocks that means something's clogged up and not loading/running right. I'd be wondering about anything I'd loaded lately that could ne the cause. A big mem leak came along with it? Something going on. I wonder if it would make any diff to try removing the sd card and test it that way. See if no card helps the clock issue. I can't recall this happening to me much before although I hear people complaining about it a lot, but usually after an os install. Have you tried re-enabling the auto mem cleaner just for fun? Might help. If that gives a long reboot time, what's the diff? If it took 30 min to reboot my bold I'd still do it every day. Or am I remembering this wrong?
    As for wallpaper I get all mine from a site called "deviant art" don't let the name scare you off, also other sites, just google for specific topic. Then when you find one save to pc and email to your bb, as was mentioned. Easy.
    I think my sd card is too small. What size are you all using?
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-26-11 10:42 AM
    Jim, I gotta try deviant art today!
    I use a 16GB card.
    04-26-11 11:10 AM
    Jim, as far as OM goes, it was working a little for me earlier this a.m., like 8ish. I just checked it now and i'm getting the "oops" splat again. so i guess here we go again

as for the clock spinning, I also thought, perhaps it could be something as simple as a wp that loaded corrupted or a bw set perhaps added ??? idk. just throwing out some ideas Hamster.

I honestly just get the clock ONLY if after a reboot and i try or need to do something right away, and the bb is still trying to 'sort' itself out while i'm impatiently waiting to do something else!
    04-26-11 11:13 AM
    Gee, I haven't had any trouble with OM today.
    That's weird.seems to be working for me fine.
    04-26-11 11:23 AM
    weird is right, now its working for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 11:30 AM
    It's been fine for my all day.
    04-26-11 11:37 AM
    Jaydee and all, I am actually looking for a couple golf themes. I like the wallpaper with a golf hole scene. I will do some searching for it. If you also know of a wallpaper or two like that, let me know. Thanks.
    Hi runkle55, going to jump in here and let you know that I posted 4 golf wallpapers for you in the "Share Your Favorite Wallpaper" thread under "Stuff for you Blackberry." My husband refuses to change anything on his phone but I have on occasion got him to change the wallpapers to one of these
    bodeb likes this.
    04-26-11 11:42 AM
    Morning all!
    For the theme and wallpaper junkies out there, could I ask a question?

How do you organize your wallpapers? I started out with a folder of "Wallpapers" and found that after about 4000 pics, it's not too easy to navigate. So now I have sep folders for "Flowers" "Seascapes" "Rainbows" etc.

Do you guys do it by COLOR? or subject?
    I need to rearrange mine around a bit and am looking for suggestions!
    Thanks!!!
    Jaydee, I also have separated Wallpapers into the above folders along with each holiday. I also have a cross reference of colors as well, not all but a favorite few in each color. Helps when you are in a hurry..gee when am I not in a hurry??
    04-26-11 11:48 AM
    Reading about all the wallpaper organizing posts, I have to wonder, are all the ladies clothing closets similarly organized? .....On second thoughts, I don't want to know!

I'm getting ready to crunch out Reflex v1.3 which I'm planning on being the final update. I'm going to reduce the font size on the notification area so that four or more notifications can be squeezed in. I'm DEFINITELY never again making a theme where the notification area is so restricted! I'm also going to switch the menu font color back to gray to keep facebook users happy. Hopefully, that will be everything so I can start on my new project!

I have to say JayDee.... 4000 wallpapers? WOW! Your media card must be bulging at the seems....
    hamsterwheel and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-26-11 12:44 PM
    My om is hit/miss now it seems, oh well, hopefully they will get it sorted out for an even better experience.
    Can someone refresh my memory as to why some do not use the auto memory recovery option built in to the BB's. I thought it was maybe a longer boot time, I know it was the ladies that didn't like it. If hamster is losing so much mem today then wouldn't that be the cause of the spinning clocks and auto recovery just sounds like a good idea, but can't recall why she had it disabled.
    04-26-11 12:50 PM
    Hi everyone again..

P1nk...thanks for the links, you're a doll! I'm going to read them in a few.

Jim...I seriously don't know what it could be...I haven't loaded anything unusual.
    My increase in memory leaks began around the time I re-installed App World and BB Protect...oh yeah and Fancy Characters..which I deleted already.

Lately though, its just been wp, battex, bw, and themes..the ususal stuff.

I'll try removing the sd card to see if that helps, and re-enabling memory cleaner and see if that helps....Thanks guys don't know what I would do without this group.

Deviantart is a great place for wallpapers!!!
    04-26-11 12:53 PM
    My om is hit/miss now it seems, oh well, hopefully they will get it sorted out for an even better experience.
    Can someone refresh my memory as to why some do not use the auto memory recovery option built in to the BB's. I thought it was maybe a longer boot time, I know it was the ladies that didn't like it. If hamster is losing so much mem today then wouldn't that be the cause of the spinning clocks and auto recovery just sounds like a good idea, but can't recall why she had it disabled.
    Hiya Jim...yep longer boot times, but I'd rather have that then spinning clocks.
    So...I'm going to enable it again and see what is what...TY
    04-26-11 12:58 PM

I'll try removing the sd card to see if that helps, and re-enabling memory cleaner and see if that helps

Deviantart is a great place for wallpapers!!!
    Just my opinion but I think our BB's have that auto mem recovery feature for a good reason. If we load stuff up maybe to much and it doesn't work as efficiently then so be it as we do want to enjoy our devices to the max, but none the less I feel it should be enabled as it is by default. It is the #1 reason my BB's memory always stays full and I do also have leaks so with out it I'd be seeing spinning clocks no doubt.
    I use an old copy of "paint.net" to superimpose images of wallpapers I find on deviant. I can layer stuff and have fun with it. Also if you google "digital art" all kinds of stuff pops up.
    04-26-11 01:03 PM
    Just my opinion but I think our BB's have that auto mem recovery feature for a good reason. If we load stuff up maybe to much and it doesn't work as efficiently then so be it as we do want to enjoy our devices to the max, but none the less I feel it should be enabled as it is by default. It is the #1 reason my BB's memory always stays full and I do also have leaks so with out it I'd be seeing spinning clocks no doubt.
    I use an old copy of "paint.net" to superimpose images of wallpapers I find on deviant. I can layer stuff and have fun with it. Also if you google "digital art" all kinds of stuff pops up.
    Ok, I enabled it...I set it at an hour idle time.. or should I do it for 30 min?

Also should the media card setting be set to compressed or not?
    04-26-11 01:11 PM
    Ok, I enabled it...I set it at an hour idle time.. or should I do it for 30 min?

Not sure about the media card, but mine is set to compressed by default.
    As for the cleaning mine is at default setting of 30 min.
    04-26-11 01:19 PM
    as hamster said Jim, longer reboot times with the auto mem enabled.

My media card is set to "enabled" on compression, the box is checked off.

As for the memory recovery, you can try it on 30 mins. and see how your bb does. Just my .02 cents perhaps someone else will have better or more input for you
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-26-11 01:19 PM
    Thats what I thought and I must say and with all due respect and no disrespect intended to anyone, "Who gives a fluck how long a reboot takes?" Mine takes all of 3 min max, but as I said if it took 30 min. I'd rather do that than have memory issues. I don't sit there and watch it reboot, I can disconnect myself from it for that long and busy myself with something else.
    The tradeoff for more memory and less spinning clocks is worth it.
    So let us know how it goes and how long reboots are etc.
    04-26-11 01:27 PM
    Not sure about the media card, but mine is set to compressed by default.
    As for the cleaning mine is at default setting of 30 min.

My media card is set to "enabled" on compression, the box is checked off.

As for the memory recovery, you can try it on 30 mins. and see how your bb does. Just my .02 cents perhaps someone else will have better or more input for you
    Ok, guys set it to 30 min and going to reboot. You guys are great.
    Back to experimenting, lol. Will see how this does, otherwise will try removing the sd card next...sheesh. Always something
    04-26-11 01:27 PM
    Back to experimenting, lol. Will see how this does, otherwise will try removing the sd card next...sheesh. Always something
    I don't think it's the card anymore. There is a reason the auto cleaner is enabled by default. I think the option to disable it is for a 3rd party cleaner if used. But cleaning is a must!!
    Edit" I also see the option to put an icon on the home screen for cleaning anytime. I do believe this indicates how important the cleaning function is.

OK nuff said
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-26-11 at 01:33 PM.
    04-26-11 01:31 PM
    Thats what I thought and I must say and with all due respect and no disrespect intended to anyone, "Who gives a fluck how long a reboot takes?" Mine takes all of 3 min max, but as I said if it took 30 min. I'd rather do that than have memory issues. I don't sit there and watch it reboot, I can disconnect myself from it for that long and busy myself with something else.
    The tradeoff for more memory and less spinning clocks is worth it.
    So let us know how it goes and how long reboots are etc.
    Jim, for me its not much of an issue that the reboot time takes say 2-1/2mins, and then with mem enabled 6-8 mins. My issues with reboots taking that long is with as many kids as i have, one of them always needs to get in touch with me, and i'd hate like heck for it to be during a reboot that i finally get the call aft 10mins, and they're on the other end going "mom! i tried getting in touch with you for 10mins...." etc. SO thats my big issue of a reboot time taking too long, and also why i try not to reboot during the day. If so, i'll do it first thing in the a.m., ie.7-8a.m. or last thing at night, 9p.m.-ish.

thankfully i don't have the spinning clock issue, knock on wood
    Ok, guys set it to 30 min and going to reboot. You guys are great.
    I hope this will all work for you!
    04-26-11 01:32 PM
23,186 ... 576577578579580 ...