Great info underway and one more thing that helped me alot and some others is just removing the sim altogether. I know flip or remove. Either way. Just keep it safe.
    Right. Removing the SIM accomplishes the same thing -- it forces the phone into CDMA mode. I was afraid of losing the SIM if I removed it. I have a wife and four kids -- I don't have any safe places in my house.
    04-24-11 11:33 PM
    Sheesh, Do we want to get her started??
    She was asking about radios earlier today...
    04-24-11 11:37 PM

You know, it's not Lent anymore. You can fill your teapot with guns again...

BTW, since it's not Lent anymore, I wonder if JayDee will get back into swapping her OS every other day now? Are we ready for that?
    Sheesh, Do we want to get her started??
    HAHA...ok guys! NOoooooooo
    I do not want to start loading and upgrading my OS. I am sticking with 431 for a while. I am kinda enjoying just using my phone. And well with my theme reviewing, etc, I need my phone working and not in a state of change.

Now as for the teapot of gun...THERE'S an idea whose time has come!!!!
    04-25-11 06:20 AM
    HAHA...ok guys! NOoooooooo
    I do not want to start loading and upgrading my OS. I am sticking with 431 for a while. I am kinda enjoying just using my phone. And well with my theme reviewing, etc, I need my phone working and not in a state of change.

Now as for the teapot of gun...THERE'S an idea whose time has come!!!!
    I thought it was the gun and tonic that made you upgrade!
    Just get yourself better first.
    04-25-11 06:30 AM
    Now see its knowing there is a nice stable 431 to fall back on that gives me the courage to try different things. I think I'm done with hybrids though, they always turn flaky on me at some point.
    Yea, 431 is nice and stable. I did like 443 but the c/p thing.....ugh!
    I've never tried a hybrid. I honestly don't feel comfortable enough to load one, although it does "seem" easy enough, i just don't want to mess with my bb and how clean its running right now
    Mine came with 6.0.0.431, and it seems it'd always lose it's connection every night while I slept and I'd wake up to those "Registration" messages every morning. I downgraded to 5.0.0.975 and they stopped, upgraded back to 6.0.0.431 and they happened every morning again, then back down to 5.0.0.975 and again they've stopped

What can I say, I'm a Gemini lol... can't stay in one place!
    Welcome to Rambletopia Kate! We get some good convo goin in here!
    I hope everyone has had a great weekend with family and friends. Blessings to all who have celebrated Easter and to all the ramblers, my best wishes for you in this new week.

katesbb, I am running alltel's 6.0.436 and have no problems. My signal bounces around a bit but that is because of where I live. I suggest you give it a try before giving up on 6.0.
    Hello Runkle! Easter was filling with good food, family and celebration! Hope yours was as well.
    I remember this being an issue when OS6 was first leaked. Recall that although your Bold is designed to work on both CDMA and GSM networks, only the CDMA is utilized in North America. Your Bold will default to automatically select the correct network type based on your installed SIM. Normally, it will choose the right one. If your phone detects a weak signal, it will look for something stronger. Sometimes, it finds a GSM network and tries to log into that, fails, and looks for CDMA. When it finds and re-establishes the network connection, the system sends a registration message.

For most folks, the fix for your issue is to manually select 1XEV at the Network Technology dropdown. That will prevent the phone from even trying a GSM connection.

Here's how to get there:
    OPTIONS/NETWORKS AND CONNECTIONS/MOBILE NETWORK/NETWORK TECHNOLOGY. Choose 1XEV and do a battery pull.

Welcome to ... here.

EDIT: BTW, the network switching is hard on your battery. Force the phone into CDMA mode and you may see improved battery life.
    this is what came to my mind as well 99, with what Kate posted, although i was a little foggy on memory of itlol.
    Great info underway( for Kate) and one more thing that helped me alot and some others is just removing the sim altogether. I know flip or remove. Either way. Just keep it safe.
    This is exactly what i did with my sim card, i turned it around and reinserted into my bb so i don't loose it. and set the network tech to "1XEV" as well. Just as 99 said, but in my house-a hubby plus 6, it'll get lost in my house somewhere! so the safest place is backwards in the bb!

Good morning all! hope everyone has a great day!
    04-25-11 08:14 AM
    Have you researched your prob at all? I am going to try that now and see what I can find. Also, have you called VZW? That is your carrier, right? Signal problems where you are?
    Definately poor reception in my home, so I'm not surprised it loses it's connection now and then, I can forgive that lol. It just surprises me that OS6 always resends that Registration message whenever it does reconnect. Although it IS accurate I guess, as it did indeed "Register with the network," lol. Just odd that it doesn't say that when OS5 reconnects?

And yup, I'd read earlier (this place is a treasure trove of tidbits and hints!) that setting the radio to 1XEV could save battery life, so coincidentally I had been using that setting for my last few OS5/OS6 swaps. And the Register message definately still followed my OS5 around.

And OS6... it's funny, I sat down and made myself a Wish List for 6.1, for what I wanted changed in 6.0... and ended up with OS5, lol
    04-25-11 08:29 AM
    Definately poor reception in my home, so I'm not surprised it loses it's connection now and then, I can forgive that lol. It just surprises me that OS6 always resends that Registration message whenever it does reconnect. Although it IS accurate I guess, as it did indeed "Register with the network," lol. Just odd that it doesn't say that when OS5 reconnects?

And yup, I'd read earlier (this place is a treasure trove of tidbits and hints!) that setting the radio to 1XEV could save battery life, so coincidentally I had been using that setting for my last few OS5/OS6 swaps. And the Register message definately still followed my OS5 around.

And OS6... it's funny, I sat down and made myself a Wish List for 6.1, for what I wanted changed in 6.0... and ended up with OS5, lol
    Well Kate, sounds like 975 is the os for you for now.
    Why put up with nonsense if you don't have to?
    Would still love to know why you get that message tho...
    Maybe after watching these guys talk about hybrids and os6 concoctions you'll want to try something else!
    04-25-11 08:48 AM

Im guessing you also don't have wifi at home, because connecting to wifi should keep the registration message from being sent.
    And how are we supposed to convince you to upgrade to OS6 when you make statements like that?
    If you tell us what's keeping you on OS5, we'll tell you if we've found a solution or workaround. i know there is at least one other "rambler" who has been steadfast in keeping OS5 also.
    04-25-11 08:48 AM

When the first OS6 versions were leaked, some users had to reload OS5 service books to fix various connection and browser issues. Along with removing the SIM, have you looked at the service books?

Another possible solution is to load up Alltel's 6.0.0.436 like Skyboxer suggested. That uses the same radio file that the VZW 431 has, and it's an "official" release (in case using a leaked or hybrid OS concerns you). Many who have used the 436 say it runs pretty well. If the issue is the radio in 436 (the same as in 431), you can try a leaked 466 or 524, each with their own radios. Either might be your answer.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-25-11 at 10:21 AM.
    04-25-11 09:02 AM
    Hello ramblers!

Welcome Kate!! It's a great place to be to learn and have some fun at the same time.
    I didn't want to upgrade either to 6 but the kind folks here helped me overcome my fears, and alas I would not go back. However it is not for everyone and if you are happy with 5, that is super.

So I can just take the simm card out? Well I didn't know that...geez now I feel dumb.

Oh...pssssst...Just posted my first review....Check it out...
    04-25-11 01:20 PM
    awesome job on your review Hamster! I read it! With you and Jaydee writing great reviews, you girls could prob sell ice to an eskimo too! LOL

I finally did my content clean out, and amazingly all went well and nothing to panic about! Lol. But like Jaydee, I get the heebie-jeebies doing that too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-25-11 01:24 PM
    awesome job on your review Hamster! I read it! With you and Jaydee writing great reviews, you girls could prob sell ice to an eskimo too! LOL

I finally did my content clean out, and amazingly all went well and nothing to panic about! Lol. But like Jaydee, I get the heebie-jeebies doing that too!

Thanks, P1nk!!!
    Jaydee has been an awesome help! I was having technical difficulties and she came through in spades!

Glad your content store worked better this time...phew. !!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-25-11 01:29 PM
    I'm sure Jaydee was a big help she rolls like dat!

Yea, "wheeew" is right! I couldn't take another repeat of last time! LOL

04-25-11 01:46 PM
    Ok, I hereby decree that OS6 talk is now removed from the approved ramblings list. Reason? Sour grapes 'coz I can't have it on my storm2. *sniff*

It looks like the sun has finally found maryland this week. I had the honor today of servicing the lawn mower and cutting the grass for the first time this year. I'm hot, sweaty and nasty (ewwww!). But don't worry, I washed my hands before picking up my berry.

How is the ducky coming along, sky? Will it be big enough by thanksgiving?

Russ.

04-25-11 01:58 PM
    The duck is doing fine. I've never raised one before, let alone a rescued wild one. Hopefully he's flying by Thanksgiving so he can take his chances with the others. He's likely to be human familiar so should make someone an easy target though!
    04-25-11 02:22 PM

ROFLMAO!!!
    That's too funny!!!!
    About the ice! But I guess we could...theme junkies that we all are!

Did you have to reinstall the fonts, Pink?
    04-25-11 04:42 PM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;6268215]ROFLMAO!!!
    That's too funny!!!!
    About the ice! But I guess we could...theme junkies that we all are!

Did you have to reinstall the fonts, Pink?[/QUOTE]

Of course i did! LOL. could it be any other way?! But, if thats the least of it all, then i'm not complianing.......well...ok i will a little bit! darnit, had to re-install the font app and fonts! there, i'm done complaining! AND i gained back 2MB's so i'm back up to 271. that makes me happy to do it also. Make room to install another theme HAHAHAHA!!!!
    04-25-11 04:48 PM
    Morning all!
    For the theme and wallpaper junkies out there, could I ask a question?

How do you organize your wallpapers? I started out with a folder of "Wallpapers" and found that after about 4000 pics, it's not too easy to navigate. So now I have sep folders for "Flowers" "Seascapes" "Rainbows" etc.

Do you guys do it by COLOR? or subject?
    I need to rearrange mine around a bit and am looking for suggestions!
    Thanks!!!
    04-26-11 08:37 AM
    Morning all!

How do you organize your wallpapers? I started out with a folder of "Wallpapers" and found that after about 4000 pics, it's not too easy to navigate. So now I have sep folders for "Flowers" "Seascapes" "Rainbows" etc.

Thanks!!!
    Hi! I have separate folders for the type of wallpaper like you do. Haven't color coded them yet That would be something to think about though
    But I only have 450 or, so

I have a question....
    I've been getting the spinning clock a lot lately. When I access an app, even email...Any ideas why? And how to fix this?
    04-26-11 08:48 AM
    Hi Jaydee, my suggestion is to organize around specific content such as "landscape", "flowers", "seascape", etc. I assume you could even make sub folders as well.

Jaydee, I am looking for some different wallpapers. I have looked at the wallpaper forum and like some of the free options, but do not know how to download what I see from some of the different posters. How can I get those pictures on my blackberry? Thanks.
    04-26-11 08:48 AM
    Hi Jaydee, my suggestion is to organize around specific content such as "landscape", "flowers", "seascape", etc. I assume you could even make sub folders as well.

Jaydee, I am looking for some different wallpapers. I have looked at the wallpaper forum and like some of the free options, but do not know how to download what I see from some of the different posters. How can I get those pictures on my blackberry? Thanks.
    Hi Runkle!

If you are doing it from your BB, then place your cursor on the pic and hit bb menu and save image.
    From pc, right click image and either send it to your device by email, or download to your pc...
    Hope this helps!
    04-26-11 08:51 AM

Runkle,
    If you mean you have gone to the CB wallpaper forums, you can have the wallpaper sent to your bb via email or click the menu button and save image.
    However, when you say the wallpaper from different posters...does this mean when you see their screen shots?

Please clarify and we will help you further.
    04-26-11 08:58 AM
    Thanks for your responses Hmasterwheel and Jaydee. I was referencing screen shots I was looking at by various posters. I will follow your suggestions. Both of you and Pink are the experts.
    04-26-11 09:11 AM
    If people upload screen shots, they have their themes and icons in the way of the picture. Usually we ask them for the plain wallpaper if we like it and everyone is so kind to post. But I have a large collection and you can find a lot in the cb wallpaper forum, too.

So ask away and we will get you what you need.
    04-26-11 09:24 AM
    Morning all!

Thanks!!!
    Jaydee, i usually label my folders by type, ie. flowers, HK, Xmas and so on. I don't do color because with certain shades of items i'm color blind.
    Hi! I have separate folders for the type of wallpaper like you do. Haven't color coded them yet That would be something to think about though
    But I only have 450 or, so

I have a question....
    I've been getting the spinning clock a lot lately. When I access an app, even email...Any ideas why? And how to fix this?
    hamster, are you seeing this right after a reboot or maybe 15mins afterwards? I get the clock after a reboot if i try to do something while my bb is still indexing and what not, but other than just randomly, no i don't.

Good morning to all, hope everyone has a good day
    04-26-11 10:01 AM
23,186 ... 575576577578579 ...