I think that replacing the radio in the 524 hybrid will ultimately get you a cleaner and newer installation.
    Thanks, I think I may give this a shot tomorrow, just for grins
    04-24-11 12:08 AM
    Thanks, I think I may give this a shot tomorrow, just for grins
    I get better battery life and memory management with the 524 radio. To me the reception is slightly better with the 524 as well, but not that much.

Let us know how the 466 radio swap holds up compared to the 524. I'm getting such great results from this hybrid I doubt will change, but you never know.
    04-24-11 08:56 AM
    I am running the 431 from VZW still. Can you imagine?
    Which radio do I have?And should I be considering the 524? I don't seem to have any problems with reception, signal flux or dropped calls.

However, at work...my wi-fi is a little flakey. It could be work signal or could it be the radio files I have?

Happy Easter guys! (For those who celebrate)
    Here's a teeny tiny bunny to say Happy Easter...
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    04-24-11 09:07 AM
    Happy Easter to all the Ramblers!
    04-24-11 10:36 AM
    hey ramblers-just a quick stop in to wish those who celebrate a very Happy Easter and have a wonderful day with the family

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 10:42 AM
    Happy Easter to everyone of those who do celebrate from me as well!
    Enjoy your day!
    04-24-11 10:46 AM
    Elizabeth, could you use the same graphic from that picture and make a wallie for me that says Rambletopia

I think that would look cute on my bb.

Maybe make the background some color...purple, blue, a pastel whatever you think. You are creative. Could you do that?
    Would you do that sometime, please?

That is so adorable!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-24-11 at 11:23 AM.
    04-24-11 11:21 AM
    Happy Easter to all my fellow ramblers. I don't really celebrate and while I understand the meaning I think it's a kids and family time of year. So maybe when the grandkid thing gets cranked up........ My daughter figured out the Santa scam when she was about five, looking me right in the eye said " I'm guessing there's no Easter Bunny either then". I said "yep and the tooth fairy's a fairy tale also". "No worries tho "I'll still buy your used teeth." Ha,Ha Kids, They grow up to fast.
    OK, I decided to reload the 524 hybrid with the 466 radio files last nite before going to bed. So far no issues and it seems fine. I had not done a radio swap before and found it to be really easy and simple. I think I did it first for the experience and to see how. Second to see what and if anything changed for the better. I was having dropped calls with the 524, but not alot. Annoying when it happened tho. So, having no clue if this will make that issue better, I'll hang with this new install and see how it goes. Talk about a hybridized os, sheesh, Got the 524 base with 534 files and 526 files(Kings V4) and 6.1 selected files(no clue about their usefulness) and now a 466 radio. Maybe I'll get creative and change up my theme now. Happy Easter All!
    04-24-11 11:47 AM
    Which radio do I have?And should I be considering the 524? I don't seem to have any problems with reception, signal flux or dropped calls.

However, at work...my wi-fi is a little flakey. It could be work signal or could it be the radio files I have?
    JayDee, if you haven't changed it, you have the 315 radio. The 431 release is a good one. For most folksn it seems to be very stable. You moght see some incremental improvement by loading something newer. However, if your phone was in my hand, I wouldn't mess with loading 524 or anything else. Yours works right now. FWIW, I'd leave it alone and wait for something substantially better than 524.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-24-11 02:44 PM
    JayDee, if you haven't changed it, you have the 315 radio. The 431 release is a good one. For most folksn it seems to be very stable. You moght see some incremental improvement by loading something newer. However, if your phone was in my hand, I wouldn't mess with loading 524 or anything else. Yours works right now. FWIW, I'd leave it alone and wait for something substantially better than 524.

Don't tempt the JuJu?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-24-11 02:49 PM
    Its definitely true, if people see you posting they will ask you for help in pm's. I get quite a few pm's and bbm add requests from people that have questions, especially with themeing. I don't mind helping and they are always super polite and appreciative. That's what a community is supposed to be about, right?

Hope everyone is having a great easter and remembering the true reason for the season.

04-24-11 03:13 PM
    Don't tempt the JuJu?
    Yup. You just never know what you'll end up "fixing". It's that "two steps forward, one step back" kind of thing.
    04-24-11 07:29 PM
    I agree with you guys. I'm on 431 also, and I'm really very happy the way its running I have no desire to muck around with other os's when this one is running just right for me

04-24-11 07:35 PM
    I agree with you guys. I'm on 431 also, and I'm really very happy the way its running I have no desire to muck around with other os's when this one is running just right for me

Now see its knowing there is a nice stable 431 to fall back on that gives me the courage to try different things. I think I'm done with hybrids though, they always turn flaky on me at some point.
    04-24-11 08:51 PM
    Which radio do I have?And should I be considering the 524? I don't seem to have any problems with reception, signal flux or dropped calls...
    Mine came with 6.0.0.431, and it seems it'd always lose it's connection every night while I slept and I'd wake up to those "Registration" messages every morning. I downgraded to 5.0.0.975 and they stopped, upgraded back to 6.0.0.431 and they happened every morning again, then back down to 5.0.0.975 and again they've stopped

What can I say, I'm a Gemini lol... can't stay in one place!
    04-24-11 09:32 PM
    I hope everyone has had a great weekend with family and friends. Blessings to all who have celebrated Easter and to all the ramblers, my best wishes for you in this new week.

katesbb, I am running alltel's 6.0.436 and have no problems. My signal bounces around a bit but that is because of where I live. I suggest you give it a try before giving up on 6.0.
    04-24-11 09:53 PM
    Jaydee, have a restful week. After all, I assume as Queen of the Ramblers you will be off to merry ole England for the wedding this weekend. I understand all the "royal" folks are invited. I wonder if you may carry your bb under your bonnet?
    04-24-11 09:55 PM
    Mine came with 6.0.0.431, and it seems it'd always lose it's connection every night while I slept and I'd wake up to those "Registration" messages every morning. I downgraded to 5.0.0.975 and they stopped, upgraded back to 6.0.0.431 and they happened every morning again, then back down to 5.0.0.975 and again they've stopped

Kate,
    welcome to Rambletopia!
    We have got to get you straightened around so you can stay on OS6. There are so many benefits. Although I did love 975 myself...I love OS6 more now.

Have you researched your prob at all? I am going to try that now and see what I can find. Also, have you called VZW? That is your carrier, right? Signal problems where you are?

Maybe one of the guys can cook up a hybrid for you that will work well.
    What about 524?

It's a mystery. Someone can help. We just need to find that person.
    Hang out with us in the meantime.
    04-24-11 10:05 PM
    Jaydee, have a restful week. After all, I assume as Queen of the Ramblers you will be off to merry ole England for the wedding this weekend. I understand all the "royal" folks are invited. I wonder if you may carry your bb under your bonnet?
    HAHA!
    Alas!
    Twas not invited!
    But will stay home and get my tea and crumpets on for it anyway and watch it on the telly.
    04-24-11 10:06 PM
    HAHA!
    Alas!
    Twas not invited!
    But will stay home and get my tea and crumpets on for it anyway and watch it on the telly.
    As a school-marm, can't you work the wedding into a discussion about English customs and traditions and whether they are sustainable or even appropriate in this new economy?

You know, it's not Lent anymore. You can fill your teapot with guns again...

Last edited by Underway99; 04-25-11 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    04-24-11 10:51 PM
    I get better battery life and memory management with the 524 radio. To me the reception is slightly better with the 524 as well, but not that much.

Let us know how the 466 radio swap holds up compared to the 524. I'm getting such great results from this hybrid I doubt will change, but you never know.
    It's been a full 24 hours with it now and no complaints. I like this combo. I always thought the radio of the 466 leak back when I loaded it straight was solid. At the time it seemed a lot were complaining about it but it never gave me any trouble. As for reception hard to say, seems fine, but one thing is the sig bars have yet to do their ramping up/down thing. I like that. No dropped calls yet either, but only a day on it yet. This may hold me till the next leak.
    04-24-11 11:10 PM

I remember this being an issue when OS6 was first leaked. Recall that although your Bold is designed to work on both CDMA and GSM networks, only the CDMA is utilized in North America. Your Bold will default to automatically select the correct network type based on your installed SIM. Normally, it will choose the right one. If your phone detects a weak signal, it will look for something stronger. Sometimes, it finds a GSM network and tries to log into that, fails, and looks for CDMA. When it finds and re-establishes the network connection, the system sends a registration message.

For most folks, the fix for your issue is to manually select 1XEV at the Network Technology dropdown. That will prevent the phone from even trying a GSM connection.

Here's how to get there:
    OPTIONS/NETWORKS AND CONNECTIONS/MOBILE NETWORK/NETWORK TECHNOLOGY. Choose 1XEV and do a battery pull.

Welcome to ... here.

EDIT: BTW, the network switching is hard on your battery. Force the phone into CDMA mode and you may see improved battery life.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-24-11 at 11:36 PM. Reason: add note on power
    04-24-11 11:22 PM
    It's been a full 24 hours with it now and no complaints. I like this combo. I always thought the radio of the 466 leak back when I loaded it straight was solid. At the time it seemed a lot were complaining about it but it never gave me any trouble. As for reception hard to say, seems fine, but one thing is the sig bars have yet to do their ramping up/down thing. I like that. No dropped calls yet either, but only a day on it yet. This may hold me till the next leak.
    That's good to hear. Another success story. I'm not sure what the "improvement" was with the radio in 524, but I didn't see it. My phone is a lot more stable with this combination than it ever was with the 438 radio from 524. So far, everything works, too. Browser, VAD, everything. I don't think I'm going anywhere, either.

BTW, since it's not Lent anymore, I wonder if JayDee will get back into swapping her OS every other day now? Are we ready for that?
    04-24-11 11:28 PM
    Great info underway( for Kate) and one more thing that helped me alot and some others is just removing the sim altogether. I know flip or remove. Either way. Just keep it safe.
    04-24-11 11:30 PM
    BTW, since it's not Lent anymore, I wonder if JayDee will get back into swapping her OS every other day now? Are we ready for that?
    Sheesh, Do we want to get her started??
    04-24-11 11:32 PM
23,186 ... 574575576577578 ...