My wife found this ramblin' around in a gas station parking lot. No other ducks around. She captured him, got some stuff to raise him, and brought him home.

I figured this would be a good place for him.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    awwwww! how cute and fuzzy!! so adorable! keep us updated on "Rambler" (good name for 'em eh?) growing up
    I'm around, was on a little last night reading some of the posts, have two of my sons visiting this weekend so I've been tied up with them. And of course, I had to play golf this morning.
    Hi Bob, nice to see you! enjoy the time with your sons! Have a nice weekend.
    Get off the pity pot, what goes on in this thread belongs to all of us and we are all just as responsible. Thus, we all got shot down albeit for not good reason.

I will agree that I'm not as enthusiastic about hanging out here as I once was; I made a lot of posts attempting to help folks in this thread and to loose them for no good reason hacks me off. Not like I care that much about the titles, it's more about how all this was done and the fact that things were done without full explanation and without any opportunity to defend ourselves.

I'll not quit coming here, but probably won't be around as much as I once was. I still consider you guys as my CB family and that won't change.
    very well put Bob. We are a disfuntional functioning ramblin family, and that won't change
    Russ, have a great weekend and joyful Easter. Thanks for the good theme work.
    Hey Runkle!! how are you feelin since surgery? Hopefully doin well, enjoy and have a wonderful Easter
    Bob,
    So kind of you to express your feelings that way. Exactly how I feel. If I really didn't care about you guys (and I do) I would have responded long ago to the beat down...even if there are people who think we deserved it. But responding will only get me pushed further away from you guys and I don't want that to happen. I never responded in private or in a post for the personal attacks on me and my profession. And I still will not. Although sometimes when I post, I feel as if I am being goaded into reacting and therefore, getting closer to being sent away.

I too have unsubscribed to all other threads except our Rehab thread and the screen shot ones. You all know how well me and the girlzzz do screen shots!

Good to hear from you!
    Have a great day everyone and Happy Easter.
    Will be back on tonight to post more after we travel 6 or 7 hours home.

PS Thank you again for the kind wishes. Am feeling a little better each day. A few days of rest at home will be just what I need.
    Jim...what the hay did you do to your knee???? Take care and feel better please!!!
    we kick some serious azz posting ss's girlzzzzz! lol.

Glad to hear your doing better little lady Have a safe trip home and make sure you rest, rest and more rest!
    I can see a future dinner in your hand.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    04-23-11 09:12 AM
    Looks like Sprint is doing another wave of updates. Let's hope the Bold get included, its time for something fresh.
    04-23-11 10:21 AM
    Hi gang!

Work-out done and cleaning up around here, then I get to play, lol.
    Hope everyone is having a great Sat!

Sky, love the shot of the duckie!!

Nice to see you Bob.....

Hi P1nk and Jaydee and everyone else....be back later...
    04-23-11 10:29 AM
    Jim...what the hay did you do to your knee???? Take care and feel better please!!!
    Talk about me feeling better, what about you? Lets both get better , OK?
    My usual 2 mile hike. Felt something wrong the morning after. I get a prolo shot every three weeks. 2 shots to go, for a total of three. This worked great for my neck a few years ago, so I'm remaining optimistic.

Jim, I hope surgery is not necessary for the knee. Someone once told me, "Getting older is not for wimps". I agree.
    Thanks and "me to". I've been hearing that a lot more lately, "getting older is not for wimps,sissies,wussies etc,etc." May be the crowd I hang with
    I'm learning the meniscus is a common injury site. Crap happens. This won't keep me down.

Only because of the browser. I still like the OEM browser, but I can't use the 524 browser and radio combination for forums like CB. The 524 browser ran great with King's 466-based v2.1. Once the install and COD issues with v4 were isolated, I just copied the 376 radio from 466 into the 524 folder, then I deleted the 524 Java folder and replaced it with the v4 hybrid Java. This is running as well as I could hope. Signal is good, no memory loss to speak of, almost no lag, and power drain is almost half of what I had with v2.1. Strange, since I had the same radio for both. Hmmm.
    WoW! I can't use any incarnations of the oem browser with CB. To Fubar'd. And an old fashion lack of patience on my part waiting, always waiting for it to load the CB page. Definitely a CB issue tho.

I've noticed a coupla dropped calls lately and had good sig bars/3G service. Not sure what causes that, if it's this 524 radio or what. I have had a very few drops with other hybrids and leaked os's also, so don't know if I'd go so far as to attribute it to the radio in the 524. I love verizon for their awesome coverage, but I must say that when I was on T-mobile for 8 years I could go for months without a drop. So now I'm wondering if it's the bold. I came to verizon almost 2 years ago with a touch pro2 to start, I don't think I ever dropped a call on that phone for the 8 months I had it. So I dunno, but maybe there's something to those folks complaining about drops on their bolds. Verizon rocks all over t-mo tho, so it must be gremlins.

Get off the pity pot, what goes on in this thread belongs to all of us and we are all just as responsible. Thus, we all got shot down albeit for not good reason.

I will agree that I'm not as enthusiastic about hanging out here as I once was; I made a lot of posts attempting to help folks in this thread and to loose them for no good reason hacks me off. Not like I care that much about the titles, it's more about how all this was done and the fact that things were done without full explanation and without any opportunity to defend ourselves.

I'll not quit coming here, but probably won't be around as much as I once was. I still consider you guys as my CB family and that won't change.
    +1 Bob, I also agree with your post. While we were a little wild with some off color commenting we DO need to be responsible for anything that we've said. Further more I think it was handled poorly as far as the timing of any notification by the powers-that-be. Also, some of us were handled more poorly and bordering on unfairly actually. It's neither here nor there now and just more water under the bridge. We are here,(rehab) and thats that. It makes not much difference where they stick us, we can still help others with issues and know when to do the right thing by backing off when a noob gets their agitated panties in a bunch. I could care less about titles anymore and funny thing is I used to care. I know who I can ask for help and where I can find it and get the answers I'm looking for. We're a good bunch of BB crackheads here and I'll not be going anywhere, but may not pop in to comment quite as much. Maybe steer it away from themes and screenies once in awhile, but the ladies like their themes and we like the ladies right? So....

If I can help I will, if I need help I'll speak up. I feel you all are an extended family of sorts and WE ALL are in this BB discovery group together.
    If it weren't for all of you and the rest of this forum regulars I would not have had the learning/awesome experience I've had. Lets keep it up and stick together no matter how often we pop in.
    jaydee5799 and underway99 like this.
    04-23-11 03:15 PM
    04-23-11 03:26 PM
    Hey Jaydee, you going to take some time off from work till you feel better? I felt so bad for you, just getting sick when your off trying to have an enjoyable vacation.
    Reminds me of a long time ago when the whole family went down to San Carlos by the sea in Mexico and everyone got sick. It was pretty ugly and with only one bathroom! I know TMI, but crap does happen and we never know when. Hopefully your back in your own place by now. Have a speedy recovery.
    04-23-11 03:34 PM
    Hey Jaydee, you going to take some time off from work till you feel better? I felt so bad for you, just getting sick when your off trying to have an enjoyable vacation.
    Reminds me of a long time ago when the whole family went down to San Carlos by the sea in Mexico and everyone got sick. It was pretty ugly and with only one bathroom! I know TMI, but crap does happen and we never know when. Hopefully your back in your own place by now. Have a speedy recovery.
    I think I will be home for a few days Jim. Thanks for the get well wishes and we are home now, so that's going to go a long way in helping me feel better.

Oh and a big shout out to Skyboxer for...the pic of Rambler (Who is adorable)...AND for what you said. You know what I mean. Enuf said. Thank you.
    04-23-11 03:40 PM
    WoW! I can't use any incarnations of the oem browser with CB. To Fubar'd. And an old fashion lack of patience on my part waiting, always waiting for it to load the CB page. Definitely a CB issue tho.

I've noticed a coupla dropped calls lately and had good sig bars/3G service. Not sure what causes that, if it's this 524 radio or what. I have had a very few drops with other hybrids and leaked os's also, so don't know if I'd go so far as to attribute it to the radio in the 524. I love verizon for their awesome coverage, but I must say that when I was on T-mobile for 8 years I could go for months without a drop. So now I'm wondering if it's the bold. I came to verizon almost 2 years ago with a touch pro2 to start, I don't think I ever dropped a call on that phone for the 8 months I had it. So I dunno, but maybe there's something to those folks complaining about drops on their bolds. Verizon rocks all over t-mo tho, so it must be gremlins.
    There are apparently some quirks with the 438 radio in 524. I've read of or seen several of them, including intermittently poor call quality/signal stability (which negatively affects power usage) and some occasional browser issues. I went to the older radio which, admittedly, had it's own issues. The 376 radio from 466 seems to work really well with these hybrids. I don't know how well the older radio would work with straight 524 though.

I've experienced very few dropped calls with my Bold. My wife's Bold doesn't drop any at all. I think that mine have been because of my experimenting with different build combinations. I've never lost a call on a Bold with a released OS.

That OS stability is a big reason that most folks stick with the OS that their carrier delivers. The released versions may not be the fastest, but they're usually stable.
    04-23-11 03:55 PM
    I was wondering if I could drop the java folder from Kings V4 into the 466 leak. That way get the goodness of V4 and the radio of 466. Or Plan B, drop the radio file from 466 into the 524 hybrid.
    04-23-11 04:09 PM
    Wow, opera mini's back and it looks a lot better on CB. More of the desktp experience. I did not change any settings. I like it.
    04-23-11 05:19 PM
    I just wanted to pop in here today to say that I agree with Bob and Jim. I am a lot less enthusiastic about posting here now. I don't like the way things came down with the move. I'll probably check in once in a while, but less for sure. Also, too much discussion of themes, screenies and fonts for my taste.

04-23-11 06:12 PM
    The girls will not post screen shots here because we know you guys don't like it and there are other threads. But please...doesn't anyone see?

Not posting here the same as we did before means we're being pushed right out. Let's not let it bother us and just get back to what we do...hang out!

Jim, after you mentioned OM (I had thought about deleting it) I checked this thread and I can actually READ the dang thing now.

What the heck did they do to the browser? It seems so much better for this forum, anyway.
    04-23-11 06:16 PM
    I don't mind screenshots at all, even though there is a forum for it where I believe the post "counts", if anyone cares about that anymore. I figure anything goes here.

04-23-11 06:43 PM
    I was wondering if I could drop the java folder from Kings V4 into the 466 leak. That way get the goodness of V4 and the radio of 466. Or Plan B, drop the radio file from 466 into the 524 hybrid.
    Both methods will work. Both will get you a newer Java blend with the 376 radio. I think that replacing the radio in the 524 hybrid will ultimately get you a cleaner and newer installation. BTW, remember to skip the installer. Replace the 524 Java folder with the hybrid Java folder. Then run (or shrink then run) Apploader.

cbreze likes this.
    04-23-11 06:43 PM
    Hey, I feel like sharing this with you guys...and asking if this happens to you, too?

Do you get a lot of PMs from new members asking for your help?
    I get a lot of them everyday and people want to know all sorts of things, but mostly they ask MY OPINION.

They want to know which OS I would recommend for OS6?
    What's a good plain and free theme?
    What's the difference between a weather slot and an OCD slot?
    Why does my Bold drop calls?
    How much free memory should I have after I install my apps?

All kinds of stuff. And every single question I answer...as I am sure you guys do as well. And know what? These people always THANK ME!

And they say the nicest things, like can I put you on my bbm list for emergency help? Can you be my tech support? I promise I won't bother ya too much. Bother? Never!

I'm sure this happens to you guys as well. Isn't it ironic though, that it was insinuated that I am some kinda (insert insult here) (or worse) and still I can help all these people?

I'm just glad I get more and more PMs from new people asking for help and thanking me for making them feel comfortable enough to start posting. And fewer from the others.

So if you're out there and reading this and you have questions, PLEASE feel free to PM any of the Ramblers cause we like to help and give advice, (we don't bite)...and especially opinions! I LOVE giving my opinion
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-23-11 at 07:51 PM.
    04-23-11 07:46 PM
    OMGEE! Jaydee! I do too! all the time-asking for help with anything from themes to bw etc!!! and yes, they are the kindest people and thank me for my time and helping them etc.!!!!

in fact, I just helped someone thru PM the other day with BattEx app.
    04-23-11 07:48 PM
    And my theory is this:
    We get asked these questions because they SEE US POST.

THEY SEE US POST.

THEY SEE US LAUGH AND TALK TO EACH OTHER.

We are real people to someone who needs help.
    That's what I like about an online community.

And thanks Pink, for being the first (of many, I believe) who will confirm this for me.
    04-23-11 07:54 PM
    And my theory is this:
    We get asked these questions because they SEE US POST.

THEY SEE US POST.

THEY SEE US LAUGH AND TALK TO EACH OTHER.

We are real people to someone who needs help.
    That's what I like about an online community.

And thanks Pink, for being the first (of many, I believe) who will confirm this for me.
    +1, i agree with what you've said here as well. and Np on confirming, I've actually been rec'ing these PM's for quite some time now, and like you, i invite them to ask for help. If i know the answer, i'm more than happy to walk them through what ever they need help with. You want my opinion....sure, i'll give it to you. If there's something i don't know or i'm unsure of, i tell them AND i will help them look for the solution/answer. Then we learn something TOGETHER.

I actually have someone who i guess you could say is a "repeat customer" seems to be a very nice person as well! and ya know what, after your through helping them out, you feel great inside as well
    04-23-11 08:00 PM
    I'm sure the guys get these all the time too.
    I mean, I guess anyone who posts a lot and gives good advice over an extended period of time is going to be asked. That's what I like. That people aren't afraid to ASK.

And we get to HELP!
    04-23-11 08:03 PM
    Oh, i would definately say that the guys do. As much talk as they do about switching up os's and files and what not absolutely. I'd be going to them to if i was gonna mix up files and java folders!

yes, the best part is helping
    04-23-11 08:09 PM
    Yes!!! I get pm'd as well...not a lot, but I'm flattered that I even get the few that I do! And I like being able to help..cuz I've been there, and still am
    04-23-11 09:19 PM
    Talk about me feeling better, what about you? Lets both get better , OK?
    My usual 2 mile hike. Felt something wrong the morning after. I get a prolo shot every three weeks. 2 shots to go, for a total of three. This worked great for my neck a few years ago, so I'm remaining optimistic.

Thanks and "me to". I've been hearing that a lot more lately, "getting older is not for wimps,sissies,wussies etc,etc." May be the crowd I hang with
    I'm learning the meniscus is a common injury site. Crap happens. This won't keep me down.

+1 Bob, I also agree with your post. While we were a little wild with some off color commenting we DO need to be responsible for anything that we've said. Further more I think it was handled poorly as far as the timing of any notification by the powers-that-be. Also, some of us were handled more poorly and bordering on unfairly actually. It's neither here nor there now and just more water under the bridge. We are here,(rehab) and thats that. It makes not much difference where they stick us, we can still help others with issues and know when to do the right thing by backing off when a noob gets their agitated panties in a bunch. I could care less about titles anymore and funny thing is I used to care. I know who I can ask for help and where I can find it and get the answers I'm looking for. We're a good bunch of BB crackheads here and I'll not be going anywhere, but may not pop in to comment quite as much. Maybe steer it away from themes and screenies once in awhile, but the ladies like their themes and we like the ladies right? So....

If I can help I will, if I need help I'll speak up. I feel you all are an extended family of sorts and WE ALL are in this BB discovery group together.
    If it weren't for all of you and the rest of this forum regulars I would not have had the learning/awesome experience I've had. Lets keep it up and stick together no matter how often we pop in.
    Amen Amen!
    04-23-11 09:45 PM
    I think I will be home for a few days Jim. Thanks for the get well wishes and we are home now, so that's going to go a long way in helping me feel better.

Oh and a big shout out to Skyboxer for...the pic of Rambler (Who is adorable)...AND for what you said. You know what I mean. Enuf said. Thank you.
    Aren't you the one that was not too excited about doing this particular vacation thingie? Paybacks are HE Double Hockey sticks!!

Glad you are on the mend, been saying a prayer or two for ya. Yup, staying home is the right thing to do. Take care of yourself, no gun for three days, and get plenty of bed rest....

Whoever said getting old ain't for wusses, is right on, I should know since I think I am the senior memeber (age) of this group by several. And got another BD coming up in just a few weeks, never thought I'd live to be this old!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-23-11 10:04 PM
    Hey, I feel like sharing this with you guys...and asking if this happens to you, too?

Do you get a lot of PMs from new members asking for your help?
    I get a lot of them everyday and people want to know all sorts of things, but mostly they ask MY OPINION.

They want to know which OS I would recommend for OS6?
    What's a good plain and free theme?
    What's the difference between a weather slot and an OCD slot?
    Why does my Bold drop calls?
    How much free memory should I have after I install my apps?

All kinds of stuff. And every single question I answer...as I am sure you guys do as well. And know what? These people always THANK ME!

And they say the nicest things, like can I put you on my bbm list for emergency help? Can you be my tech support? I promise I won't bother ya too much. Bother? Never!

I'm sure this happens to you guys as well. Isn't it ironic though, that it was insinuated that I am some kinda (insert insult here) (or worse) and still I can help all these people?

I'm just glad I get more and more PMs from new people asking for help and thanking me for making them feel comfortable enough to start posting. And fewer from the others.

So if you're out there and reading this and you have questions, PLEASE feel free to PM any of the Ramblers cause we like to help and give advice, (we don't bite)...and especially opinions! I LOVE giving my opinion
    Because I have my pin showing I get a lot of people request to join my BBM. They always ask questions and as you say are very nice. Some I don't hear from for a month or so and than they ask something else. I've only had a couple of PMs asking questions, but we all know Jaydee you're nicer then me.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-23-11 11:09 PM
    Definitely not surprised to hear Jaydee gets lots of requests for help. Jaydee, I see you all over the boards giving help and advice everywhere. That may be what left you open to some sneak attacks from certain and various ne'er-do-well, miscreant, incorrigible, low life, unmentionable scalawags. None the less having your pic as an avvy doesn't hurt either. So warm, welcoming and helpfully inviting.
    I have received a few pm's asking for assistance and am always willing to give it.
    So if we can keep the theme screenies in the screenshot thread, that'd be cool and we can focus on what we do best, chit-chatting up our bolds.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-23-11 11:59 PM
23,186 ... 573574575576577 ...