Wow! this is a "ramblin' theme" thread it seems. I'm around, just hangin' a tad looser than usual. I'm thinking maybe a tad less enthusiastic also perhaps. We need something to break loose like a bold touchor at least another update. I still don't know what I'd do with a playbook. Not worth the cash out lay for me really. I'm glad it's working well for some.
    I'm still here. Kind of like Jim, just popping in and out. I haven't had much constructive to contribute this past few days -- just been chewing on the beat-down we all took. I've seen the conversation drift from themes to device and forum help and back.

Since this is now a social thread, are we still allowed to discuss our phones here anymore?

Keeping on topic, I grabbed Rapid from Pootermobile. Check it out. I think it may still be free in AppWorld.
    Hey Ramblers,

Same here for me as well, just poppin in and out. I've had a lot to do the last few days so rambling has taken a back seat. I've been visiting the "site that can't be mentioned " a few times as well.

Have any of you who use themes found that memory loss in a day varies according to which theme you're using?

Jim can attest to that as he uses one he made for himself. So he probably has no leak. But as I change themes (sometimes three times a day...) I notice the memory going down. I mean I understand as I use a theme, it will take up memory, but I mean the leak runs faster...

I guess it's all relative and like I said before, I just reboot once a day unless I need to do it more.

Seeing a doc this am Pink. Thanks Ramblers one and all for your concern.
    Hope you start felling better Jaydee Can't have an illness stopping your theme reviews.

I don't see a leak whether I'm running one of my own themes or someone else's. On that note, I've got a person who is wanting to team up with me in making some themes. So I guess I better up my game and learn more about composer and TB. She is a graphics designer so hopefully we can put our heads together and make something cool.
    04-22-11 11:32 AM
    I actually do have mem leaks and just never thought beans about it before because the mem cleaner in the os refreshes and I never drop much, never even noticed it until I started watching Batt Ex mem monitor. Some of you say having that cleaner feature enabled causes long boot times so not good for those.(I'm good there) So I'm thinking mem leaks are par for the course with our BB's and the reason the mem refresher is included in the first place. I run from about 95% free to a drop of 12% before it auto refreshes back to 95%. My boot times are fine at around 2 1/2min. so I'm basically crappin' in tall cotton and happy as a lark when it comes to mem leak issues as I have em, yet the auto refresh makes it a non issue for this happy camper.
    Jaydee, hope you feel better soon. I'm dealing with a torn meniscus in my knee currently and getting "prolo" shots. I hope these will work, if not, surgery is the only other option. Fingers crossed. I gotta remember I can't do what I did as a younger guy. I overdid it hiking and paying the price.

Yep, Same here. A problem on their server side I believe. It should clear up soon if it hasn't already.
    oh gosh Jim, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! I'm sure its very painful, as well as getting the shots I sure hope it improves for you, my well wishes are with you too

Yea, as for OM, i just pulled up their forum and there are people a'buzzin there about it as well. I really thought it was an issue with my bb at first because i loaded 2 new themes within 24hrs. I started to panic! really! TG when I posted in the OM thread, more peeps have come forward and I feel relieved to know its the servers and i'm hoping for a resolution soon! I miss OM

i've retrieved to bolt for the time being
    Hey Ramblers,

Same here for me as well, just poppin in and out. I've had a lot to do the last few days so rambling has taken a back seat. I've been visiting the "site that can't be mentioned " a few times as well.

Hope you start felling better Jaydee Can't have an illness stopping your theme reviews.

I don't see a leak whether I'm running one of my own themes or someone else's. On that note, I've got a person who is wanting to team up with me in making some themes. So I guess I better up my game and learn more about composer and TB. She is a graphics designer so hopefully we can put our heads together and make something cool.
    yes, i'll be visiting "that site" more as well. I need to learn my way around there. I know you'll prob think i'm nuts(well you all do already im sure) but i have a hard time navigating, i guess because i'm not to familiar with it

Midd, that would be awesome teaming up with someone for a theme Hope to see something on that soon if all goes well!
    04-22-11 11:53 AM
    Hello fellow ramblers, just checking in..

Good to see the boys back!
    I have been having trouble with OM, hope they get it fixed soon.

Sorry about your knee, Jim..take it easy
    Can't wait to see your themes, Midd. You know me and themes, lol!

Hello everyone else!
    04-22-11 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the knee comments.
    Also OM is working again! Yay!!! But it is kinda slow on CB still.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 12:44 PM
    I have a question...remember I deleted the content store awhile back, well how often should I be doing this?
    04-22-11 01:28 PM
    Nope OM worked for a bit now F'd up again.
    04-22-11 01:33 PM
    I have a question...remember I deleted the content store awhile back, well how often should I be doing this?
    I never do mine, but hey if it helps then go for it as often as ya want. Do you see any diff after cleaning it out?
    04-22-11 01:36 PM
    yea no good for me either Jim, its on and off, so they are trying at least to get it going

@Hamster, when we posted about this a while back, I rem someone saying when it reaches 1mb or 1,024kb, time to clean out. And just as you posted this I'm at 2257kb, or 2.2mbs-so time for a clean up!

04-22-11 01:36 PM
    yea no good for me either Jim, its on and off, so they are trying at least to get it going

@Hamster, when we posted about this a while back, I rem someone saying when it reaches 1mb or 1,024kb, time to clean out. And just as you posted this I'm at 2257kb, or 2.2mbs-so time for a clean up!

Ok thx!!! I'm at 2mb or something...that's what I thought...going to do it now!
    04-22-11 01:38 PM
    I've never cleaned mine so where do I find it? Should check and see how much clutter.
    04-22-11 01:38 PM
    I've never cleaned mine so where do I find it? Should check and see how much clutter.
    options>device>device and status>bb menu button> database sizes
    04-22-11 01:39 PM
    ok, np, I'm going to do mine too!

04-22-11 01:41 PM
    make sure to do a back up first...rem what hap'd to me last time!

04-22-11 01:42 PM
    make sure to do a back up first...rem what hap'd to me last time!

oh, i remember! backing-up now
    cbreze likes this.
    04-22-11 01:47 PM
    My content store total is at 9700kb. This is the first time I've ever checked it. Not sure what to make of it. It probably resets everytime I install a new os I would think. I'm going to watch it and see if it continues upward. It seems it would top out at some point if we continue deleting cal appointments, emails and other stuff. My bold seems the same snappyness everyday so I dunno. Thanks for the pathway hamster.
    04-22-11 01:57 PM
    My content store total is at 9700kb. This is the first time I've ever checked it. Not sure what to make of it. It probably resets everytime I install a new os I would think. I'm going to watch it and see if it continues upward. It seems it would top out at some point if we continue deleting cal appointments, emails and other stuff. My bold seems the same snappyness everyday so I dunno. Thanks for the pathway hamster.
    You are welcome
    IDK how much it helps deleting either, but the last time I did, I actually gained some memory back, so I'm going to keep doing it every so often..
    9700kb seems high, but if everything is running fine, then that's
    04-22-11 02:00 PM
    Yeah, my free storage is 310mb and my program mem averages around 90 percent available. But now that I'm aware of it I'll check it once in a while
    04-22-11 02:05 PM
    oh, i remember! backing-up now
    hamster, idk if you deleted the content yet, but i also forgot to mention, the last time i did that, i also had to re-install my fonts by going into the font, clicking menu, then "install tff" and choose the font you want.

they will still be on your sd card, but deleting the content store removes them from the device itself.

so don't panic (like i did, lol)
    04-22-11 02:20 PM
    You are welcome
    IDK how much it helps deleting either, but the last time I did, I actually gained some memory back, so I'm going to keep doing it every so often..
    9700kb seems high, but if everything is running fine, then that's
    Jim, that is pretty high, do your back ups take long? ya gotta figure 9700kb is about 8.5mbs. BUT if you decide to delete content store, make sure any pix, rt's, music and wp's are STORED on your sd card otherwise the content store will wipe them out from your device. That hap'd to me when i deleted content store and luckily had a back up to add just the content store back, sort out what i needed stored on my sd card and then was able to delete again safely.

Just my 2cents
    04-22-11 02:23 PM
    hamster, idk if you deleted the content yet, but i also forgot to mention, the last time i did that, i also had to re-install my fonts by going into the font, clicking menu, then "install tff" and choose the font you want.

they will still be on your sd card, but deleting the content store removes them from the device itself.

so don't panic (like i did, lol)
    Thanks, P1nk...I so remember everything you went through...It wasn't pretty.
    The font thing is a PITA, but oh well...everything else is as it should be.
    04-22-11 02:26 PM
    Thanks, P1nk...I so remember everything you went through...It wasn't pretty.
    The font thing is a PITA, but oh well...everything else is as it should be.
    ok girlie, just lookin out for ya

ok, good everything is in place for you! and yea, i know, the fonts a PITA but what can ya do.

How much mem did you gain back btw?
    04-22-11 02:28 PM
    ok girlie, just lookin out for ya

ok, good everything is in place for you! and yea, i know, the fonts a PITA but what can ya do.

How much mem did you gain back btw?
    And I am so glad you are! Because there are times when I do forget(a lot)!

Hmm.. not sure about the memory..have to reboot still (I'm already down 30mb!)

How about you?
    04-22-11 02:32 PM
    And I am so glad you are! Because there are times when I do forget(a lot)!

Hmm.. not sure about the memory..have to reboot still (I'm already down 30mb!)

How about you?
    i didnt do mine yet. on a new reboot im at about 268-269mb, so i'll be curious to see what i may gain back, prob just a 1mb, if that even, because you have to consider that you'll be reinstalling fonts then too which will take up room again

and actually since rebooting this morn with the HB theme i'm using, i'm down 23.1mb as of now.
    04-22-11 02:40 PM
    Happy Good Friday to all you ramblin' peeps!

I'm glad it's not just me, I've gotten addicted to OM6 since I discovered it and was wondering what I'd broken for it to stop working. Hopefully they will fix the issue soon!

There's going to be one more version of reflex (1.2) to fix what I broke in the 1.1 update (try doing a search *facepalm*). As pleased as I've been with Reflex and the response it brought I'm really looking forward to moving on to my next theme project which I've been cooking up in my mind the last week or two. If you're a wallpaper lover then you're going to love it!

Sorry you still aren't feeling better Jaydee, I pray the second doc can provide some help.

Russ.
    04-22-11 02:50 PM
    i didnt do mine yet. on a new reboot im at about 268-269mb, so i'll be curious to see what i may gain back, prob just a 1mb, if that even, because you have to consider that you'll be reinstalling fonts then too which will take up room again

and actually since rebooting this morn with the HB theme i'm using, i'm down 23.1mb as of now.
    I'm going to reboot soon, like I said, I'm already down about 30mb in 7hrs..
    You are right about the fonts, it's just nice to see the memory back up, even if it's temporary, lol!

Happy Good Friday to all you ramblin' peeps!

I'm glad it's not just me, I've gotten addicted to OM6 since I discovered it and was wondering what I'd broken for it to stop working. Hopefully they will fix the issue soon!

There's going to be one more version of reflex (1.2) to fix what I broke in the 1.1 update (try doing a search *facepalm*). As pleased as I've been with Reflex and the response it brought I'm really looking forward to moving on to my next theme project which I've been cooking up in my mind the last week or two. If you're a wallpaper lover then you're going to love it!

Sorry you still aren't feeling better Jaydee, I pray the second doc can provide some help.

Russ.
    Hey there Russ!
    Yeah, OM has been a pain lately, and it's too bad really because that is all I use
    New theme, eh?? Well we'll be looking out for it! If you need a tester, look no further, lol!
    Thanks for the update on Reflex....just wondering though - I still can't get all my notifications on there...I mean only 2 will fit...is that right?
    04-22-11 02:59 PM
23,186 ... 571572573574575 ...