elizabeth, I noticed this to and idk where the heck it came from either or what its for.

Can someone be kind enough to explain this one I'd like to know as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 12:30 PM
    elizabeth, I noticed this to and idk where the heck it came from either or what its for.

Can someone be kind enough to explain this one I'd like to know as well.

P1nk, I know the Trackback box has been there but I don't remember of ever seeing "Already pinged:"followed by a list in bold type directly below the box, have you?
    04-21-11 12:41 PM
    ok what is the 'trackback box' I haven't noticed that. But for the pinged box, I noticed that ast wk sometime-idk how long that has been there tho.... And what exactly does it do?

04-21-11 12:44 PM
    P1nk, when you select "reply to thread" the following boxes appear in descending order:
    Title
    Trackback

then finally under the Trackback box is the list "Already pinged:" Maybe we just never scrolled down that far, but is has me concerned. In this Post Rambling section there is only one http:// listed when i went to post a reply..BUT when I posted my screen shot in the General Discussion-What does your Blackberry look like-..whoa baby there is quite a list. Now keep in mind I am posting from a computer rather than my phone??? I'll try another computer, if different I let you know.
    Never a dull moment
    04-21-11 01:03 PM
    yep I understand your concern..has me wondering as well

Elizabeth2 likes this.
    04-21-11 01:06 PM
    yep I understand your concern..has me wondering as well

P1nk, ok different computer same results. Interesting as to which post you respond to as to what is listed. I posted the question in the General Forums, I guess we will just wait and see what explanation we get I think the words "already pinged"is alarming
    04-21-11 01:28 PM
    yep Elizabeth, agreed and like you said hopefully we'll get an answer thanks!

04-21-11 01:31 PM
    Hey Elizabeth. Welcome to our little corner of h3ll....where we've been tucked away! The scenery's not too bad and the people the same so....
    Not every post has a pingback but screen shot threads do. THis means that these ppl are notified when something is posted I believe. If I'm incorrect, someone wiil be more than excited to correct me. But you are correct, most threads do NOT have this already pinged name on the posts
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-21-11 at 05:23 PM.
    Elizabeth2 likes this.
    04-21-11 02:57 PM
    LinkBacks

"LinkBacks" is the generalized term we use to reference three methods of communication between Websites:

Trackbacks
    Pingbacks
    Refbacks
    Why LinkBacks?

LinkBacks (Trackbacks, Pingbacks and Refbacks) allow you to notify another site that you wrote something related to what is written on a specific page. This improves the chances of contributors to this page noticing that you gave them credit for something, or that you improved upon something they wrote. With LinkBacks, websites are interconnected. Think of them as the equivalents of acknowledgments and references at the end of an academic paper, or a chapter in a textbook.

Linkbacks have long been a major force in the development of the blogging network, by creating an interconnected series of blogs and posts acknowledging one another. Not only does this improve the general community ethos throughout the "blog-o-sphere", but it also helps to make blogs into more powerful link-building tools.

Note: Links built via this method are highly relevant and do not carry the disadvantages typically associated with "link farms" or "link exchanges".

The LinkBack principle has migrated from blogs to other publishing platforms such as news content management systems and forums.

Trackback
    A Trackback is simply an acknowledgment. This acknowledgment is sent via a network signal (ping) from Site A (originator) to Site B (receptor). The receptor often publishes a link back to the originator indicating its worthiness.

Trackback requires both, Site A and Site B to be Trackback enabled in order to establish this communication. Trackback does not require for Site A to phisically link to Site B.

Pingback
    A Pingback is also a signal (ping) sent from Site A to Site B. However, it's also a link. When Site B receives the notification signal, it automatically goes back to Site A checking for the existance of a live incoming link, if it exists, the Pingback is recorded successfully. This makes Pingbacks less prone to SPAM than Trackbacks.

Both sites must be Pingback enabled in order to establish this communication. If a site is Pingback enabled, each time you link-out you will be "pinging" external sites. Pingback requires for Site A to phisically link to Site B.

Refback
    A Refback is also a link. However in this case, Site A (link originator) does not need to "tell" anything to Site B (receptor). Instead, the receptor Site "discovers" this link immediately after the first web visitor gets to the site by clicking on the link. This is done by analyzing information carried by this web visitor's browser referer header.

This is an easier method than Pingbacks since the Site originating the link doesn't have to be Pingback enabled (Posting a link back within any webpage is good enough).
    04-21-11 07:11 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Elizabeth.

Hey Elizabeth. Welcome to our little corner of h3ll....where we've been tucked away! The scenery's not too bad and the people the same so....
    Not every post has a pingback but screen shot threads do. THis means that these ppl are notified when something is posted I believe. If I'm incorrect, someone wiil be more than excited to correct me. But you are correct, most threads do NOT have this already pinged name on the posts
    04-21-11 07:15 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Elizabeth.

Ed, when we were friends that would have been funny.
    Alas, I am not laughing. A shame, but I guess this is how it has to be; since I am the Evil one these days.
    04-21-11 09:14 PM
    Hey where has Bob gotten to? Another golf tournament? Or Jim? Underway? Midd? Geez, only Hamster and I talked today...oh and Wulf.
    ...and Pink and her 6000 new themes!

Pink, speaking of themes, do you have Blink by Pootermobile? Wondering if that has Droid style icons?? Gotta go take a look...I feel a purchase coming on!!
    04-21-11 09:30 PM
    Any other Ramblers getting a PlayBook? Mine is expected to be delivered on monday! Usually I want my weekends to last long, but this one I want over as quickly as possible! LOL

So, pkcable, did you get it and if so, what are your thoughts?
    04-21-11 10:18 PM
    I just uploaded the v1.1 update of Reflex for the OS6 9650, just the torch version to go. I have come to the upsetting conclusion that the save dialog highlight bar not being visible is another theme builder 6 bug, unfortunately. If I do discover a workaround there will be a Reflex 1.2.

I'll get a build of the custom version I made for JayDee and the font addicts with the update together and let you know.

Russ.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-21-11 10:54 PM
    Hey where has Bob gotten to? Another golf tournament? Or Jim? Underway? Midd? Geez, only Hamster and I talked today...oh and Wulf.

Pink, speaking of themes, do you have Blink by Pootermobile? Wondering if that has Droid style icons?? Gotta go take a look...I feel a purchase coming on!!
    Wow! this is a "ramblin' theme" thread it seems. I'm around, just hangin' a tad looser than usual. I'm thinking maybe a tad less enthusiastic also perhaps. We need something to break loose like a bold touchor at least another update. I still don't know what I'd do with a playbook. Not worth the cash out lay for me really. I'm glad it's working well for some.
    04-21-11 11:52 PM

I'm still here. Kind of like Jim, just popping in and out. I haven't had much constructive to contribute this past few days -- just been chewing on the beat-down we all took. I've seen the conversation drift from themes to device and forum help and back.

Since this is now a social thread, are we still allowed to discuss our phones here anymore?

Keeping on topic, I grabbed Rapid from Pootermobile. Check it out. I think it may still be free in AppWorld.
    04-22-11 12:26 AM
    I'm still here. Kind of like Jim, just popping in and out. I haven't had much constructive to contribute this past few days -- just been chewing on the beat-down we all took. I've seen the conversation drift from themes to device and forum help and back.

Since this is now a social thread, are we still allowed to discuss our phones here anymore?

Keeping on topic, I grabbed Rapid from Pootermobile. Check it out. I think it may still be free in AppWorld.
    Exactly!
    The chew-down was totally unfair as directed to you guys as well since I'm the one in trouble all the time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. What CAN we talk about here? It's as if they are getting their wish..we get moved and then break up. I think we can discuss pretty much what we want as it is a social thread...and ramblings pretty much covers it all.

On a personal note, going to see another doctor today as I am still rather ill. Leaving for home tomorrow...
    04-22-11 06:00 AM

oh god woman, ya gotta temp me with another theme!!! LOL!

i'll take a look to i suppose!
    I just uploaded the v1.1 update of Reflex for the OS6 9650, just the torch version to go. I have come to the upsetting conclusion that the save dialog highlight bar not being visible is another theme builder 6 bug, unfortunately. If I do discover a workaround there will be a Reflex 1.2.

I'll get a build of the custom version I made for JayDee and the font addicts with the update together and let you know.

Russ.
    russ, tyvm for the update, i haven't dwld today yet, i will be later right after i do my bbsak and dm back up. I have to say, you've done an outstanding job with this theme and you've really taken on everyones suggestions/corrections very well. Its nice to see that & you've addressed them.

Wow! this is a "ramblin' theme" thread it seems. I'm around, just hangin' a tad looser than usual. I'm thinking maybe a tad less enthusiastic also perhaps. We need something to break loose like a bold touch
    or at least another update. I still don't know what I'd do with a playbook. Not worth the cash out lay for me really. I'm glad it's working well for some.

same here, just kinda floating in and out, posting my ss's but thats about it these days as well. that whole moving our thread even though 99% of it is on topic did take its toll on all of us, unfortunately

Even the stragglers that came in once in a while for help- haven't see that happen anymore since we got moved.
    Exactly!
    The chew-down was totally unfair as directed to you guys as well since I'm the one in trouble all the time.

Yeah, I know what you mean. What CAN we talk about here? It's as if they are getting their wish..we get moved and then break up. I think we can discuss pretty much what we want as it is a social thread...and ramblings pretty much covers it all.

On a personal note, going to see another doctor today as I am still rather ill. Leaving for home tomorrow...
    social thread, talk about anything i suppose. Although, I do rely on coming here and posting to you guys if i have an issue I value each and everyones opinion/suggestion in this thread, whether we agree on something or not

I'm sorry to hear you not doing any better. I hope when you go back the doc will have something more for you to do to help you recover faster. Still wishing you well
    jaydee5799 and Elizabeth2 like this.
    04-22-11 07:53 AM
    Morning all!

I'm glad everyone is still around...was missing everyone.

Jaydee...yes, please go to the Dr and get checked. You really need to feel better...so sorry.

Russ...thanks for the update! I've got it on right now

99...Rapid is a Free theme that Pooter has made. I might load it up and see.
    All these themes, good grief, my BB will complain soon enough I imagine!

I have always gotten the most help here, and come here for questions first. I won't stop.

Alright folks, have to start the day..last day of Spring Break...almost made it!
    The little one is fun to hang out with, but can be trying, lemme tell ya.
    Can't wait for Monday when I can have my time back to myself (and my BB, lol)

Catch you later!
    04-22-11 08:04 AM
    Have any of you who use themes found that memory loss in a day varies according to which theme you're using?

Jim can attest to that as he uses one he made for himself. So he probably has no leak. But as I change themes (sometimes three times a day...) I notice the memory going down. I mean I understand as I use a theme, it will take up memory, but I mean the leak runs faster...

I guess it's all relative and like I said before, I just reboot once a day unless I need to do it more.

Seeing a doc this am Pink. Thanks Ramblers one and all for your concern.
    04-22-11 08:04 AM
    Have any of you who use themes found that memory loss in a day varies according to which theme you're using?

Jim can attest to that as he uses one he made for himself. So he probably has no leak. But as I change themes (sometimes three times a day...) I notice the memory going down. I mean I understand as I use a theme, it will take up memory, but I mean the leak runs faster...

I guess it's all relative and like I said before, I just reboot once a day unless I need to do it more.

a big yes to this with the themes Jaydee. I've said it in here before, I have my Barbie themes that i lose MAYBE only 5mb a day, and then i have others that i lose up to 25mb a day. So sometimes i need to reboot everyday depending on the theme i use, and sometimes i can get away w/out rebooting for 2, maybe 3 days.

please keeps us updated after the doc's visit
    04-22-11 08:09 AM

For sure.. Depending on the theme, absolutely memory leaks more with some than others. I too reboot once a day...or more if I install a new one or something.
    04-22-11 08:10 AM
    Just an FYI for those of you using OM, since yest I've been having slow, connection failure issues and "internet server error" with the red paint splat showing, there are quite a few people that have posted in the OM thread since I have yesterday with this issue. IDK if any of you are having same probs, but its obviously not your bb. I've reverted to Bolt today because OM still will not connect right.

But i just wanted to share that with you guys in case anyone else is having an issue too
    04-22-11 09:25 AM
    First Jaydee, what the h3ll happened to be moved hear?? I am new to the workings of the Blackberry system and have found this thread to be extremely informative. Once in a while it traveled in a fun direction but you always felt you could jump in and your inquiries were answered. Mixing a little personal with the techy part made the uniqueness of Crackberry so interesting and educational at the same time. When our daily lives are so demanding, to be able to come here and ask a question, hear a little social, help someone else out and get your answer is like coming home and putting your slippers on.

Sooo secondly (to the forum moderators..see this is how it works)...Thanks Jaydee for the explanation. I had not until recently posted in the main screen shot thread so had not seen the "already pinged" list in which some of the address still puzzle me. Upon further research it looks like it is not the original poster that is being "looked" at but the thread being watched for responses. The more simplistic explanation I could find was "Sending out a ping is like raising the red flag on the mailbox to tell the mailman you have new mail to be sent. In this case, you are telling the weblog tracking sites
    that your site has been updated. " So if this is correct its not us being watched personally it is Crackberry? Whew....
    Last edited by Elizabeth2; 04-22-11 at 12:27 PM.
    04-22-11 10:45 AM
    Jim can attest to that as he uses one he made for himself. So he probably has no leak.
    I actually do have mem leaks and just never thought beans about it before because the mem cleaner in the os refreshes and I never drop much, never even noticed it until I started watching Batt Ex mem monitor. Some of you say having that cleaner feature enabled causes long boot times so not good for those.(I'm good there) So I'm thinking mem leaks are par for the course with our BB's and the reason the mem refresher is included in the first place. I run from about 95% free to a drop of 12% before it auto refreshes back to 95%. My boot times are fine at around 2 1/2min. so I'm basically crappin' in tall cotton and happy as a lark when it comes to mem leak issues as I have em, yet the auto refresh makes it a non issue for this happy camper.
    Jaydee, hope you feel better soon. I'm dealing with a torn meniscus in my knee currently and getting "prolo" shots. I hope these will work, if not, surgery is the only other option. Fingers crossed. I gotta remember I can't do what I did as a younger guy. I overdid it hiking and paying the price.

Just an FYI for those of you using OM, since yest I've been having slow, connection failure issues and "internet server error" with the red paint splat showing, there are quite a few people that have posted in the OM thread since I have yesterday with this issue. IDK if any of you are having same probs, but its obviously not your bb. I've reverted to Bolt today because OM still will not connect right.

But i just wanted to share that with you guys in case anyone else is having an issue too
    Yep, Same here. A problem on their server side I believe. It should clear up soon if it hasn't already.
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-22-11 at 11:33 AM.
    04-22-11 11:30 AM
23,186 ... 570571572573574 ...