Hamster/Pink and anybody with the memory leak issues. I just made a huge revelation. My memory leaks also, however the auto recovery system thats in os6 restores it each time before it drops below 82%. So it's a non issue. Why not for you as well?
    What do you use to check your memory? I guess mine should do that and shouldn't be an issue, you're right. Looking at BBMeter mine just keeps dropping..so I should not worry about it, right?
    04-19-11 01:14 PM
    P1nk, still hovering around 30 mb in 24hrs period, of course it is slightly less if I don't change theme,bw,battex often. I deleted fancy characters and it did seem to help a bit. As for BB Protect...I like the app, I don't what it could be,all of a sudden

If it is the tulip one I used in reflex, yes, I'll pm it to you no problem.

very strange indeed that you've had a increase in loss. well, our devices always keep us guessing thats for sure!

yes, i'm sorry, its the tulip not a rose. i have the glowing rose silly me! LOL

tyvm for sharing
    Hamster/Pink and anybody with the memory leak issues. I just made a huge revelation. My memory leaks also, however the auto recovery system thats in os6 restores it each time before it drops below 82%. So it's a non issue. Why not for you as well?
    ok Jim, here comes the newbie in me, what auto recovery system are you speaking of here? the mem cleaning feature?
    if thats what you mean, I had it enabled and my reboot time too forever! so i turned it off. If thats not what you meant, would you be kind enough to LMK what you were referring too
    04-19-11 01:16 PM
    Thanks Wulf. I can't remember who was having trouble with this but this is what I do. HOWEVER, I never reinstall the whole backup, just pick off cods and do them individually through BBSAK...
    Tje DM method does not require you install all the apps, but merely offeres you a checklist. You choose the apps you want installed.

Thank you to those who have appologized. It says a lot about your character.
    04-19-11 01:20 PM
    Tje DM method does not require you install all the apps, but merely offeres you a checklist. You choose the apps you want installed.

Thank you to those who have appologized. It says a lot about your character.
    i had one post to edit, and my apologies as well.
    04-19-11 01:32 PM
    I call it "auto recovery" simply because I never do anything and it just works on it's own. My available memory tops out at 93% and when it gets to around 82% it does it's magic and it's back up to 93. There are settings that can be adjusted at: security> advanced security> mem clean. I've never done anything to the settings so they are set at the defaults. I monitor it via my batt ex feature. I also do a 3 key reboot every morning. (2 1/2 min) So , needless to say I've always been a tad puzzled by all the memory leak issues. I think BB's are known leakers and this is just a way around it. A new feature for os-6, perhaps? TBH, I was not even aware of this feature until I installed batt ex and started looking at it.
    04-19-11 01:39 PM
    I call it "auto recovery" simply because I never do anything and it just works on it's own. My available memory tops out at 93% and when it gets to around 82% it does it's magic and it's back up to 93. There are settings that can be adjusted at: security> advanced security> mem clean. I've never done anything to the settings so they are set at the defaults. I monitor it via my batt ex feature. I also do a 3 key reboot every morning. (2 1/2 min) So , needless to say I've always been a tad puzzled by all the memory leak issues. I think BB's are known leakers and this is just a way around it. A new feature for os-6, perhaps? TBH, I was not even aware of this feature until I installed batt ex and started looking at it.
    ok, then the mem clean is the feature i understood you were talking about. I thought it couldve been something else i wasnt aware of.

I had the mem clean enable about 3wks. ago and my reboot times took almost 8 mins at that point. As soon as i disabled the mem clean function, my reboot times are back down to 2-2 1/2 mins like yours. I also do the 3 finger thing, but depending on what theme i'm using, sometimes i can get away with rebooting every other day instead of every day.

Some themes i use, i leak up to 25-30mb just in a day. Some others are as minimal as 5mb a day. So on my device, certain themes really have an impact on my mem leak. thats what I've narrowed alot of my mem leak down to.
    04-19-11 01:52 PM
    Afternoon rambletopians,

Man, what a nice day! I'm cautiously hoping that spring is here to stay.

Sorry to hear that you're unwell JD, ill be praying for you.

As for the memory cleaner, its also in OS5 (on my storm2 anyway) and I believe was in OS4 also. I have mine set to run whenever my berry has been idle for 30 mins or so. I can't say I've ever had issues with memory leaks though and only ever reboot my berries when needed by an app upgrade or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 02:00 PM
    Afternoon rambletopians,

Man, what a nice day! I'm cautiously hoping that spring is here to stay.

Sorry to hear that you're unwell JD, ill be praying for you.

As for the memory cleaner, its also in OS5 (on my storm2 anyway) and I believe was in OS4 also. I have mine set to run whenever my berry has been idle for 30 mins or so. I can't say I've ever had issues with memory leaks though and only ever reboot my berries when needed by an app upgrade or something.

Hey Russ.

I also had an S2 with mem cleaning enabled. No mem leaks either with it.
    I'm curious though, is your reboot time on your S2 like almost 10mins? When I had mine, if the screen froze or something I dreaded that BP and waiting, cuz yeah, mine took about that long to reboot I got rid of it cuz i couldnt deal with the touch screen anymore, we didn't get alone to well, lol

As for OS4, yes my Curve 8330 on 4.6 had mem cleaning as well that i used. I keep it turned off on my bold, for my reasons above, reboot time takes tooo long!

04-19-11 02:08 PM
    i also have an OM question for those of you that are using it with tabs. I had 4 tabs open the other day. I wanted to close out just 2 of them, but for the life of me could not figure it out, got frustrated and just exited OM altogether and had to go back on and open with just the 2 tabs i wanted.

would someone be kind enough to tell me HOW to close out just some tabs without closing the whole thing? TIA
    04-19-11 02:10 PM
    [B][COLOR=indigo]i also have an OM question for those of you that are using it with tabs. I had 4 tabs open the other day. I wanted to close out just 2 of them, but for the life of me could not figure it out,
    I think you hit the bb menu key and it brings up all the tabs then highlight the one you want , press the key again and it brings up the close tab option.

[QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6241339]ok, then the mem clean is the feature i understood you were talking about. I thought it couldve been something else i wasnt aware of.

I had the mem clean enable about 3wks. ago and my reboot times took almost 8 mins at that point. As soon as i disabled the mem clean function, my reboot times are back down to 2-2 1/2 mins like yours. I also do the 3 finger thing, but depending on what theme i'm using, sometimes i can get away with rebooting every other day instead of every day.

Some themes i use, i leak up to 25-30mb just in a day. Some others are as minimal as 5mb a day. So on my device, certain themes really have an impact on my mem leak. thats what I've narrowed alot of my mem leak down to.[/QUOTE
    We're talking about the same thing. The issue must be all your themes then clogging up the reboot time. I also have the mem recovery set on QL for any possible need I can refresh it that way. I guess having all those themes is a trade off for you then. I have one clean one I made, so no wonder my bold reboots so fast.
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-19-11 at 03:01 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-19-11 02:50 PM
    I think you hit the bb menu key and it brings up all the tabs then highlight the one you want , press the key again and it brings up the close tab option.
    thank you Jim! your a genius!

speaking of which, your 16 posts away from being a CB Genius!

We're talking about the same thing. The issue must be all your themes then clogging up the reboot time. I also have the mem recovery set on QL for any possible need I can refresh it that way. I guess having all those themes is a trade off for you then. I have one clean one I made, so no wonder my bold reboots so fast.
    well, IDK, when the mem cleaner is off, my reboot time is 2, 2-1/2mins. so, I guess when it's on and it goes thru everything, that could be possible. who knows! lol. i keep it off and all is well
    04-19-11 03:25 PM
    thank you Jim! your a genius!

speaking of which, your 16 posts away from being a CB Genius!
    Glad to help. I think it's master I'm close to becoming "again". I lost my genius status when I was demoted to rehab. Lol! No biggie.

04-19-11 04:46 PM
    Thanks to the mods for finally clarifying why this thread was moved. I am tired or hearing about the harrassment of the aforementioned member, we need to move on. I also believe that the mods should have handled the entire situation better and in a more timely manner.

04-19-11 04:53 PM
    Hey Russ.

I also had an S2 with mem cleaning enabled. No mem leaks either with it.
    I'm curious though, is your reboot time on your S2 like almost 10mins? When I had mine, if the screen froze or something I dreaded that BP and waiting, cuz yeah, mine took about that long to reboot I got rid of it cuz i couldnt deal with the touch screen anymore, we didn't get alone to well, lol

As for OS4, yes my Curve 8330 on 4.6 had mem cleaning as well that i used. I keep it turned off on my bold, for my reasons above, reboot time takes tooo long!
    Yup, my reboot time is kind of annoying, its something in the region of almost ten minutes like you said.

I love the touch screen on my storm2, although I do miss having a keypad and trackpad too. Something like the torch would be awesome in my opinion, hopefully it will come out on VZW some day.
    04-19-11 04:54 PM
    Glad to help. I think it's master I'm close to becoming "again". I lost my genius status when I was demoted to rehab. Lol! No biggie.

Oops! I graduated you to genius don't worry about master, we'll just pass that one by! LOL
    Yup, my reboot time is kind of annoying, its something in the region of almost ten minutes like you said.

I love the touch screen on my storm2, although I do miss having a keypad and trackpad too. Something like the torch would be awesome in my opinion, hopefully it will come out on VZW some day.
    oh yea, the reboot time was killer for sure, i totally feel you pain!

Also, like you said, when i had my S2, I wished like he!! for a device to be released like the Torch, I would've been all about that. BUT i'm super happy with my Baby Bold

BTW, Hamster and Jaydee, there is an update to the theme Sheath by Poots. I just rec'd the email this afternoon. I saw a ss that dollface posted, looks sharp I just updated and rebooted.
    04-19-11 05:32 PM

My reboot time is about 3 minutes, and I can live with that.

Russ...the Bold Touch will surely be on VZW? That is best of both world

Oops! I graduated you to genius don't worry about master, we'll just pass that one by! LOL

oh yea, the reboot time was killer for sure, i totally feel you pain!

Also, like you said, when i had my S2, I wished like he!! for a device to be released like the Torch, I would've been all about that. BUT i'm super happy with my Baby Bold

BTW, Hamster and Jaydee, there is an update to the theme Sheath by Poots. I just rec'd the email this afternoon. I saw a ss that dollface posted, looks sharp I just updated and rebooted.
    P1nk...got the update and already installed and set up Thanks for the heads up..we need you to keep us informed otherwise I'm sure I would miss something
    04-19-11 05:50 PM
    My reboot time is about 3 minutes, and I can live with that.

Russ...the Bold Touch will surely be on VZW? That is best of both world

P1nk...got the update and already installed and set up Thanks for the heads up..we need you to keep us informed otherwise I'm sure I would miss something
    I'm surprised you didn't get the email for the update.

Maybe they send the updates out in 'batches' ya know what i mean? So, maybe you'll get your email 2moro or thurs LOL

either way, if i get an update on something, i always let everyone in here know just in case
    04-19-11 05:55 PM
    I'm surprised you didn't get the email for the update.

Maybe they send the updates out in 'batches' ya know what i mean? So, maybe you'll get your email 2moro or thurs LOL

either way, if i get an update on something, i always let everyone in here know just in case
    oh no, sorry P1nk I did get the emails..just didn't update until you reminded me

That's what I mean...I would forget to do it..hahaha
    04-19-11 06:04 PM
    ooooohhh! Sorry! Lol, I misunderstood you!

Ok, well I'm glad I reminded you then hee hee.

04-19-11 06:24 PM
    btw, Hamster, the Yanks are playing the Toronto Jays tonight! Game is on now, and score is 2/2. bottom of the 5th.
    04-19-11 07:38 PM
    good mornin my Rambler friends!
    As I told Hamster on bbm last night, I came dfown with a bad bout of bronchitis on my vacation and spent part of the first day in the ER here in Maine. I have meds to take but I am afraid I am very sick. Extremely sick. Sicker than I have been in quite a long time. I'm not sure if I need to go back to ER or beg to be put in hospital.

Say a prayer for me please.
    Am trying to enjoy my vacation, but when you are as sick as I am, it is tough.
    Sure am sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Maybe you need to go to rehab. Isn't that were all us sickos have to go?

Get well soon, will add a prayer for you to my list.
    04-19-11 08:05 PM
    Bob, everything you've said was very nicely put. I couldn't agree with it more

As for all these issues you guys are having with upgrading DM and BbSak not recognizing the bb anymore, I'm gonna stay with the DM I have. I have a headache today the size of Canada! 2 tylenol and a comfy couch is where i'll be spending my day, maybe a little posting too. My BbSak is working fine as well.

Bob, IDK if this is an option, I read what happ'd with your dm & ql upgrade and loosing your themes, app etc. Could you downgrade your DM back to what you had and see if that will work? IDK if you'd want to do that tho. Just a suggestion

Actually DM works like a champ. I've not used it to restore 3P apps because when I first got here, seems like a thousand years ago, I was told that DM was not the guy to use for 3P apps and to use BBSAK. I've done that ever since.

I'll keep tinkering with it and try and figure it out. Thanks for the comment.
    04-19-11 08:08 PM
    THanks for your prayers and concerns my fellow Ramblers! I appreciate the hearfelt wishes for my recovery. I want you all to know that I also edited my posts as we were asked by the mods. As you can see from what you read, it may only be a matter of time for me.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-19-11 at 09:15 PM.
    04-19-11 08:17 PM
    btw, Hamster, the Yanks are playing the Toronto Jays tonight! Game is on now, and score is 2/2. bottom of the 5th.
    Now it's 4-3 Yanks,bottom of 6th...but the Jays have men on 2nd and 3rd

Actually DM works like a champ. I've not used it to restore 3P apps because when I first got here, seems like a thousand years ago, I was told that DM was not the guy to use for 3P apps and to use BBSAK. I've done that ever since.

I'll keep tinkering with it and try and figure it out. Thanks for the comment.
    Same here. That's what I was told as well

Hanks for your prayers and concerns my fellow Ramblers! I appreciate the hearfelt wishes for my recovery. I want you all to know that I also edited my posts as we were asked by the mods. As you can see from what you read, it may only be a matter of time for me.
    Hey Jaydee...
    How are you feeling?
    Say it ain't so!
    04-19-11 08:22 PM
    Hanks for your prayers and concerns my fellow Ramblers! I appreciate the hearfelt wishes for my recovery. I want you all to know that I also edited my posts as we were asked by the mods. As you can see from what you read, it may only be a matter of time for me.
    I might be right behind you. I'm not sure I'm long for CB world.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-19-11 08:38 PM
23,186 ... 568569570571572 ...