ty Hamster! I know I hate to say it but I've got all these great themes on my bb plus the 10-15 i have stored on bbsak that I forget how great they are! And with all these news one coming out- IDK when is a good time to just stay with the ones I have & not purchase anymore. lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh, I'm so with you on that...I feel like a stalker on the theme forum

Think I'll load up New Glass at some point today
    04-18-11 10:19 AM
    Is "stalker" <, =, or > a "norli"?
    oh geez, it better be <
    04-18-11 10:23 AM
    I think it is the smoothest/fastest os yet. Batt life is excellent.
    I somehow lost bbm and had to reinstall and my calendar pop up is not popping up, but it's ok and no big deal. The fix zip file didn't work, but bbsak won't recognize my bold so it was no help. Tried extracting certain cods and inserting them in the 524 file, which didn't work, but everything else is fine. I like this hybrid. Check your calendar, bbm, also see if bbsak works, see if DM sees your bold. Let me know how it goes.
    I agree is very smooth and the best battery life I have every had.

I'm having problems with BB BOSS and BBSAK recognizing my BB every since I updated DM. Has anyone else come across this?
    04-18-11 01:54 PM
    I agree is very smooth and the best battery life I have every had.

I'm having problems with BB BOSS and BBSAK recognizing my BB every since I updated DM. Has anyone else come across this?
    I have heard some were having issues with those. I used the boss fine and the new DM is also fine. BBsak as I said does not work with this for me. For others are saying persistance is paying off with BBsak.
    Funny tho I got a 431 copy from the verizon site and the boss would not shrink anything. It(431) was slow and laggy, so I dumped it right away. This hybrid rocks tho.

04-18-11 02:03 PM
    All the boys: enjoy the 524!! lol...

Boys have fun with 524.
    Way past 524. It's a hybrid OS.
    04-18-11 02:33 PM
    I have heard some were having issues with those. I used the boss fine and the new DM is also fine. BBsak as I said does not work with this for me. For others are saying persistance is paying off with BBsak.
    Funny tho I got a 431 copy from the verizon site and the boss would not shrink anything. It(431) was slow and laggy, so I dumped it right away. This hybrid rocks tho.

It seems like if I run DM I need to restart my computer if I want to run BB BOSS or BBSAK after it. I might uninstall DM and reload it but don't think that will help.
    04-18-11 02:35 PM
    I read a post that said reinstalling DM helped their issue, might be worth a shot. I don't ever have much luck using bbsak with any os. The boss worked fine shrinking this os, and very weird about it not touching the verizon 431. Wonder if it was somehow blocked. No matter. I'd never want to go back to it anyway.

04-18-11 03:45 PM
    Morning Ramblers!

It's spring break, so will have to just pop in and out as I'm sure my son will not appreciate me being on here all day...he'll actually want to do something, lol!

TJ - I might try that picture resizer

Essex...good to see you and glad you got things figured out.

Jaydee...still missing ya!

P1nk...might have to set up new gloss...it's been awhile and it looks great...lol, i need reminders!

All the boys: enjoy the 524!! lol...
    mornin all, just a quick stop for me as well. Like Hamster, spring break week for the kids! YaY! so I'm gonna be pretty sparse also!

Jaydee, loved those shots you posted!

Boys have fun with 524.

Essex glad the compt issue is resolved, you might also want to consider doing a defrag also.
    As for the bundle thing, I've never purchased that way-sorry can't help with that.

Have a good day all!

Thanks you two. Sent a message to Crackberry and found out bundling is not currently available, so yay, maybe it will be up soon. That's how I got Slate and Gloss for 4.88 they were both on sale and even less if you bundled. Awesome. You know me, always saving the moo-la. So I am stalking, waiting for Aura, which can be currently bundled with Metro to be available so I can snag the two for a low price.

Happy Spring Break-ing with the kiddos!!!
    04-18-11 04:20 PM
    Thanks you two. Sent a message to Crackberry and found out bundling is not currently available, so yay, maybe it will be up soon. That's how I got Slate and Gloss for 4.88 they were both on sale and even less if you bundled. Awesome. You know me, always saving the moo-la. So I am stalking, waiting for Aura, which can be currently bundled with Metro to be available so I can snag the two for a low price.

Yeah, those bundles are a hit and miss...Great deals, but I can never seem to get them..and you know how patient I am with getting new themes

I'm really digging Aura right now, and can't wait for that Heartbeat one...
    here I go again!!
    04-18-11 05:08 PM

Essex, did you try using the MobiHand shop for the bundle instead? I don't use CB Shop for themes, but I do know Mobi should let you bundle. PLUS, I posted a few coupons in the apps forum, grab one and get 20% off while your at it kiddo (just don't 4get to post that you used a code if you decide to)

As far as the DM upgrade, I haven't done that. I have DM5 on my desktop compt and DM6, the first version, on my laptop. I didn't upgrade either of them. I'm happy with the function they give me for what i need.....hey if its not broke then don't try to fix it, right?

AAAAAAAAANNNNDDD......... *drum roll*

Congrats to Master Hamster, once again, made Master status!!! w00t!!
    04-18-11 05:10 PM
    Yeah, those bundles are a hit and miss...Great deals, but I can never seem to get them..and you know how patient I am with getting new themes

I'm really digging Aura right now, and can't wait for that Heartbeat one...
    here I go again!!
    I cant' wait for the Heartbeat one either. I'm holding off on Aura and Eynion by RJ Designs right now. ThinkPink by Bee will be my next purchase first, then Heartbeat by RingWalker. Aura seems very similar to Gloss---is it Hamster? thats another reason I held off on it also.
    04-18-11 05:14 PM
    Essex, did you try using the MobiHand shop for the bundle instead? I don't use CB Shop for themes, but I do know Mobi should let you bundle. PLUS, I posted a few coupons in the apps forum, grab one and get 20% off while your at it kiddo (just don't 4get to post that you used a code if you decide to)

[COLOR=#4b0082]As far as the DM upgrade, I haven't done that. I have DM5 on my desktop compt and DM6, the first version, on my laptop. I didn't upgrade either of them. I'm happy with the function they give me for what i need.....hey if its not broke then don't try to fix it, right? [/ ]

AAAAAAAAANNNNDDD......... *drum roll*

Congrats to Master Hamster, once again, made Master status!!! w00t!!
    I've been prompted to upgrade DM, and haven't done it. Is there really a need? I'm with ya, on that P1nk.

Awwwwwwwwwww shucks.....thanks....got all my posts back..hehehe...(Jaydee - it worked)

Edit - I've tried those coupon codes, P1nk and they don't seem to work on themes?

I cant' wait for the Heartbeat one either. I'm holding off on Aura and Eynion by RJ Designs right now. ThinkPink by Bee will be my next purchase first, then Heartbeat by RingWalker. Aura seems very similar to Gloss---is it Hamster? thats another reason I held off on it also.
    Heartbeat is next for me as well. You might also want to check this one out
    BarbieW's BB Themes: Primed 97xx OS6
    It has you written all over it

As for Aura, similar, yes but also very different...bottom dock vs side dock,
    Top banner, etc...it has texture button etc...It really is very nice.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-18-11 05:20 PM
    I've been prompted to upgrade DM, and haven't done it. Is there really a need? I'm with ya, on that P1nk.

Awwwwwwwwwww shucks.....thanks....got all my posts back..hehehe...(Jaydee - it worked)

Edit - I've tried those coupon codes, P1nk and they don't seem to work on themes?

Heartbeat is next for me as well. You might also want to check this one out
    BarbieW's BB Themes: Primed 97xx OS6
    It has you written all over it

As for Aura, similar, yes but also very different...bottom dock vs side dock,
    Top banner, etc...it has texture button etc...It really is very nice.
    really, they won't work on the themes? I've used other before w/out a prob. hmmm.... strange indeed.

OH! ya know why! If a theme is say $5.99 and that crossed out and reduce to $2.99 then no it won't let you use it because its 'on sale'. BUT if the theme is just $5.99, or $3.99 right off the bat, then it'll work.

I know! i saw Barbies new theme Primed... I've been toying with the idea today to dwld it. I may just go ahead and do that. I'm really trying hard to keep 30 or less themes on my bb atm. I'm at 27 right now. So maybe I'll add Barbies and Bee's then just get Heartbeat and be done for a bit till i decide to 'clean house' again LOL

TYvm for Barbies link I think I'll load up now
    04-18-11 05:27 PM
    OMGEEEE! your right Hamster!! Its got so much PINK in it! LOOOOOOVE! ok, i gotta do my bp. i'll be posting pix soon (not here guys, chill, lol)
    Oh ty doll! *hugs*

edit: even the FONT is in PINK holy make my day!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-18-11 at 05:53 PM.
    04-18-11 05:32 PM
    really, they won't work on the themes? I've used other before w/out a prob. hmmm.... strange indeed.

OH! ya know why! If a theme is say $5.99 and that crossed out and reduce to $2.99 then no it won't let you use it because its 'on sale'. BUT if the theme is just $5.99, or $3.99 right off the bat, then it'll work.

I know! i saw Barbies new theme Primed... I've been toying with the idea today to dwld it. I may just go ahead and do that. I'm really trying hard to keep 30 or less themes on my bb atm. I'm at 27 right now. So maybe I'll add Barbies and Bee's then just get Heartbeat and be done for a bit till i decide to 'clean house' again LOL

TYvm for Barbies link I think I'll load up now
    Aha! maybe that is it with the coupon. hm..I'll try it again, tho now I could have used it for Aura Well, for the next one then

OMGEEEE! your right Hamster!! Its got so much PINK in it! LOOOOOOVE! ok, i gotta do my bp. i'll be posting pix soon (not here guys, chill, lol)
    Oh ty doll! *hugs*

edit: even the FONT is in PINK holy make my day!
    Lol, You are very welcome!! enjoy it, and can't wait to see what you do with it
    04-18-11 06:09 PM
    I was surprised that they didn't find Amelia Earhart there.

You know, that's where they stashed JFK, Elvis, and Jimmy Hoffa, too. That's why they didn't find him in the end zone foundation at Giants Stadium...
    Nah, he is holding up the bleachers. I have it on good authority from Guido!
    04-18-11 10:04 PM
    There is no question of backlash from any real or imagined events.

Quite simply as you have said, the general tone of the thread with a very high proportion of social chat fits better into rehab and should not be cluttering a specific device-technical forum. The strongest recent link to 9650 has been that many of the participants use that as their regular phone but even the technical discussion is not specific to any one phone model. The thread should have been closed or moved about 8 months ago but it escaped attention... moderators have lives outside CB and several of us have endured a frantically busy business period since before Xmas. Finally we got a few slack days to do some delayed housekeeping.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on what you have said about the content of this thread. Yes, we are a bit social in that we have all become friends over the last year and almost a half; however, we spend a lot of time helping one another with issues, questions and what not about how to do things with our Bold 9650s. We have had quite a few new CB folks that have come to us asking questions as they become familiar with their new devices, we do all we can to help them learn. We often have posts that report strange occurances and ask for advice from our fellow ramblers on what might be the solution or if they have seen a similar situation.

Personally, I have found that there is as much or more knowledge hanging out in this thread than most of what I see in the other threads in the 9650 forum. I also see the ramblers taking their knowledge that they gained in this thread and offering help to others in the 9650 forum.

If one were to carefull puruse the posts since the 9650 dropped I believe that one would find that the number of posts that are helpful, educational and technically oriented will outweigh the "Social" posts by a large margin. I would grant that it would be a huge task considering the number of posts in the thread; however, I'm convinced as are other ramblers that this would be the outcome of an evaluation.

I will also state that I think the huge majority of posts deal with the 9650, the forum that the thread was in, and not other devices. We do get folks that wander into the forum and ask about other devices in many threads, not only this one.

Just my $.02 FWIW, not much I'm sure.
    04-18-11 10:20 PM
    Bob, I agree with you completely. I came to the 9650 forum after purchasing the phone. I stayed with the Ramblers postings because all of you were knowledgeable and considerate. If the mods would check more closely, they would discover any "social" conversation has grown out of the welcoming spirit here and the insight of the group. I thought that was why we had forums, so questions could be answered and participants could feel welcomed. The ramblers represent what is best about forums.
    04-18-11 10:58 PM
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on what you have said about the content of this thread. Yes, we are a bit social in that we have all become friends over the last year and almost a half; however, we spend a lot of time helping one another with issues, questions and what not about how to do things with our Bold 9650s. We have had quite a few new CB folks that have come to us asking questions as they become familiar with their new devices, we do all we can to help them learn. We often have posts that report strange occurances and ask for advice from our fellow ramblers on what might be the solution or if they have seen a similar situation.

Personally, I have found that there is as much or more knowledge hanging out in this thread than most of what I see in the other threads in the 9650 forum. I also see the ramblers taking their knowledge that they gained in this thread and offering help to others in the 9650 forum.

If one were to carefull puruse the posts since the 9650 dropped I believe that one would find that the number of posts that are helpful, educational and technically oriented will outweigh the "Social" posts by a large margin. I would grant that it would be a huge task considering the number of posts in the thread; however, I'm convinced as are other ramblers that this would be the outcome of an evaluation.

I will also state that I think the huge majority of posts deal with the 9650, the forum that the thread was in, and not other devices. We do get folks that wander into the forum and ask about other devices in many threads, not only this one.

Just my $.02 FWIW, not much I'm sure.
    Nicely put Bob, thanks.

04-18-11 11:33 PM
    Bob, I agree with you completely. I came to the 9650 forum after purchasing the phone. I stayed with the Ramblers postings because all of you were knowledgeable and considerate. If the mods would check more closely, they would discover any "social" conversation has grown out of the welcoming spirit here and the insight of the group. I thought that was why we had forums, so questions could be answered and participants could feel welcomed. The ramblers represent what is best about forums.
    Agreed runkle. Thanks for your input.

04-18-11 11:34 PM
    OK, Rehabers, I need some help here.

I finally got around to DLing the latest QL a couple of days ago, following the reboot that QL required I promptly discovered that all of my themes were missing, before you ask what my first clue was, it was the fact that the crappi vzw zen theme was on my screen and those freaking trays were back. Went to change the theme and that was the only one there.

I quickly discovered that BW and a bunch of other apps were missing as well. I have no idea what the F happened. I've gotten MB back and QL was not affected. Went to the Bellshare site, that's whare I got BW, and they don't have a download option like Mobi does. Sent them an email which they have not responded to.

Then I thought I would restore all of my stuff from the last backup that I did when I installed .524. Attached my baby bold to the laptop and started BBSAK and was unplesantly surprised to find that BBSAK can't find my baby. Tried Boss, it couldn't either so I tried DM and it found it straight away. I then DL'd the lates version of BBSAK and it won't find the device either.

So, here I am making a social post to see if anyone might be able to socially offer me some social advice on what the F do do next.
    04-18-11 11:35 PM
    Nicely put Bob, thanks.

Thanks guys, when I read his post it boiled my blood in a hurry. Felt like I had to say something, don't feel right to let that kind of coverup stand unchallenged.

I have to agree with JayDee, this is retribution no matter what they choose to say.

By the by, I also appreciate Rich trying to help us out. At least someone is looking out for us.

Maybe they need to send some of the Mods to rehab, maybe they can get their skills rehabed a bit.
    04-18-11 11:39 PM
    Wow Bob, you update QL and Bam! Issues. Fwiw, I have not been able to get bbsak to see my device for quite awhile. I've given up on it. DM has been working really well as has boss for shrinking only. I guess it pays to have your apps on mobi as they are so easy to retrieve. I got all my bellshare apps there. Sorry, not much help. But I can feel your pain. Is there no recent enough backup on your DM you could fall back on to reclaim at least some of it?

04-18-11 11:41 PM
    How about we open a thread in the 9650 forum and call it something like "9650 Ramblin Help Center". We could post all of out technical posts there and be available to offer assistance to others as we have happily and nicely done in this thread.

Perhaps if we did that they would move it to the "Pin" forum.
    04-18-11 11:43 PM
    Wow Bob, you update QL and Bam! Issues. Fwiw, I have not been able to get bbsak to see my device for quite awhile. I've given up on it. DM has been working really well as has boss for shrinking only. I guess it pays to have your apps on mobi as they are so easy to retrieve. I got all my bellshare apps there. Sorry, not much help. But I can feel your pain. Is there no recent enough backup on your DM you could fall back on to reclaim at least some of it?

Jim, it had been my experience that DM didn't do a very good job of backing up 3rd party apps. Perhaps the newer versions are better than the v5 versions were, I'll take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestion.
    04-18-11 11:45 PM
23,186 ... 566567568569570 ...