Whoa! I missed this one. They make a dual core netbook? I have to ask: What use could there be for a dual core internet device?
    1015PEM Revamped for Mobility

I use it for a little more than just internet browsing. So the extra speed is nice.
    04-17-11 01:22 PM
    I'm also on the fence about the playbook due to the known software issues(not to mention the as of yet unknown). I think the concept is awesome but I'll wait a couple of months until the software fixes are in place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 01:34 PM
    Any other Ramblers getting a PlayBook? Mine is expected to be delivered on monday! Usually I want my weekends to last long, but this one I want over as quickly as possible! LOL

Let us know what you think. A few non-blackberry friends are urging me to get one. I think that there are a few too many unanswered questions for me. I know folks are counting on rim upgrading and tweaking and fixing a few things but I wonder if they are cockeyed optimists. I know all new systems have a few, ahem, kinks but some of the ones I read about are a bit much. I'd have thought rim would have wanted to really clean release. And the way OS's leak or don't leak for the various BB phones, I'm not certain I want to rely on TOMORROW'S fix coming the day after tomorrow. I'm trying not to be too cynical but also somewhat realistic.

I have been reading about BRIDGE (besides the one always available for sale in Brooklyn) and until I know that Verizon will not grab me by the, well, some area of my anatomy, I don't want to only rely on wifi. I want to know I can "tether" (no matter what is called) and not worry about Verizon and my unlimited data.

Hope your weekend speeds to your delivery and report back.
    04-17-11 01:40 PM
    FWIW, anyone who is having problems loading King's latest try swapping out the java file folder. I did and it worked great. Rockin' Kings latest now and it's very smooth. No issues at all that I've found so far.
    04-17-11 02:37 PM
    FWIW, anyone who is having problems loading King's latest try swapping out the java file folder. I did and it worked great. Rockin' Kings latest now and it's very smooth. No issues at all that I've found so far.
    Do you mean to just grab the hybrid Java and drop it over the full 524 instead of using the installer?
    04-17-11 02:52 PM
    Do you mean to just grab the hybrid Java and drop it over the full 524 instead of using the installer?
    All I did was install a clean,plain 524 in the usual way, then installed the hybrid file to my desktop and opened it, saw the java file. I opened the 524 folder in the shared file and deleted the java file. Then click/drag the java file over to the 524. Then run the app loader as usual. No problems.
    04-17-11 03:05 PM
    Also, just noticed a possible bug in the calendar alerts. Just got one and it did not display on the screen to allow the viewing and acknowledgement. Gonna set another and see if it was a fluke. Not a huge deal either way.
    04-17-11 03:07 PM
    Also, just noticed a possible bug in the calendar alerts. Just got one and it did not display on the screen to allow the viewing and acknowledgement. Gonna set another and see if it was a fluke. Not a huge deal either way.
    He had a calendar fix posted near the DL link. I'd have expected that to be rolled into the updated distro file.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-17-11 at 03:23 PM.
    04-17-11 03:17 PM
    He had a calendar fix posted near the DL link. I'd have expected that to be rolled into the updated distro file.
    Guess it wasn't in the java then. Might try that fix
    04-17-11 03:28 PM
    1015PEM Revamped for Mobility

I use it for a little more than just internet browsing. So the extra speed is nice.
    I am liking that! And $200 less than the playbook too!
    Of course my current netbook does everything I need it to, and it's small enough I take it with me everywhere.
    04-17-11 04:06 PM
    I use Photoshop my self and have never used an app. However, Here is an online picture resizer. Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!
    Midd...I have to tell you this is the slickest thing ever!!! I have resized numerous pics and just love it! Fun way to get my twins' pics as my wallpaper!
    Thanks bunches for the tip!!
    04-17-11 08:42 PM
    Ramblers, I need your help. I've got two thngs going on I can't fix. First off, on my computer when I open the crackberry site, on the man page I am logged in, when I go to the forums from there I am not, nor will it let me. I've tried to log out but it won't let me either.
    However, I am able to log on just fine on my phone.

Second, when I go into the crackberry superstore, the "Bundle" option is not there, is it no longer available. (This is when I am on my mobile BTW)

Any info or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

04-17-11 10:15 PM
    Ramblers, I need your help. I've got two thngs going on I can't fix. First off, on my computer when I open the crackberry site, on the man page I am logged in, when I go to the forums from there I am not, nor will it let me. I've tried to log out but it won't let me either.

Second, when I go into the crackberry superstore, the "Bundle" option is not there, is it no longer available. (This is when I am on my mobile BTW)

Essex, have you tried running CCleaner on your pc? It gets rid of all sorts of crap (hence the name) and it might make it easier to log in by cleaning your cache. I have used it several times when CB craps out on me.

Missed you guys today!
    essex2start likes this.
    04-17-11 10:36 PM

Missed you guys today!
    I miss seeing you chime in thru out the day. Dang, when your on vacation with your s.o. life can sometimes get in the way of ramblin' around with your bold. huh?............
    04-17-11 10:59 PM

I would try clearing your cookies and temp files off your computer, reboot and try loading the page again and see if you can log in then.
    essex2start likes this.
    04-17-11 11:04 PM
    Midd...I have to tell you this is the slickest thing ever!!! I have resized numerous pics and just love it! Fun way to get my twins' pics as my wallpaper!
    Thanks bunches for the tip!!
    No problem TJ, That is a pretty neat way to resize pictures without installing a program on the computer.
    04-17-11 11:06 PM
    Essex, have you tried running CCleaner on your pc? It gets rid of all sorts of crap (hence the name) and it might make it easier to log in by cleaning your cache. I have used it several times when CB craps out on me.

Missed you guys today!
    Just in case you couldn't tell by the "Thanks" I got it working. Now, if only I could bundle the themes. Hmm.....
    04-18-11 12:00 AM
    Hey Jim, I got King's v4 loaded by doing the Java dump. Is there anything that I should look for on this new hybrid? I made sure that I got the latest distro, posted late this afternoon.
    04-18-11 01:29 AM
    Morning Ramblers!

It's spring break, so will have to just pop in and out as I'm sure my son will not appreciate me being on here all day...he'll actually want to do something, lol!

TJ - I might try that picture resizer

Essex...good to see you and glad you got things figured out.

Jaydee...still missing ya!

P1nk...might have to set up new gloss...it's been awhile and it looks great...lol, i need reminders!

All the boys: enjoy the 524!! lol...
    04-18-11 07:18 AM
    mornin all, just a quick stop for me as well. Like Hamster, spring break week for the kids! YaY! so I'm gonna be pretty sparse also!

Jaydee, loved those shots you posted!

Boys have fun with 524.

Essex glad the compt issue is resolved, you might also want to consider doing a defrag also.
    As for the bundle thing, I've never purchased that way-sorry can't help with that.

Have a good day all!

04-18-11 08:20 AM
    P1nk...might have to set up new gloss...it's been awhile and it looks great...lol, i need reminders!
    ty Hamster! I know I hate to say it but I've got all these great themes on my bb plus the 10-15 i have stored on bbsak that I forget how great they are! And with all these news one coming out- IDK when is a good time to just stay with the ones I have & not purchase anymore. lol!

04-18-11 08:35 AM
    Hey Jim, I got King's v4 loaded by doing the Java dump. Is there anything that I should look for on this new hybrid? I made sure that I got the latest distro, posted late this afternoon.
    I think it is the smoothest/fastest os yet. Batt life is excellent.
    I somehow lost bbm and had to reinstall and my calendar pop up is not popping up, but it's ok and no big deal. The fix zip file didn't work, but bbsak won't recognize my bold so it was no help. Tried extracting certain cods and inserting them in the 524 file, which didn't work, but everything else is fine. I like this hybrid. Check your calendar, bbm, also see if bbsak works, see if DM sees your bold. Let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-18-11 at 09:50 AM.
    04-18-11 09:46 AM
    I think it is the smoothest/fastest os yet. Batt life is excellent.
    I somehow lost bbm and had to reinstall and my calendar pop up is not popping up, but it's ok and no big deal. The fix zip file didn't work, but bbsak won't recognize my bold so it was no help. Tried extracting certain cods and inserting them in the 524 file, which didn't work, but everything else is fine. I like this hybrid. Check your calendar, bbm, also see if bbsak works, see if DM sees your bold. Let me know how it goes.
    It all works, so far. I also had to reload BBM and Facebook (both betas). No issues to this point. I'm really still getting it set up right.
    04-18-11 10:01 AM
    I actually am starting to like my calendar sans pop up. LOL! I get an icon instead which I never got before. I don't do FB except via a browser link. I ended up getting the newer version of bbm, so it's working out well. Let me know if anything weird is noticed and I'll do the same.Enjoy!

04-18-11 10:08 AM
    I actually am starting to like my calendar sans pop up. LOL! I get an icon instead which I never got before. I don't do FB except via a browser link. I ended up getting the newer version of bbm, so it's working out well. Let me know if anything weird is noticed and I'll do the same.Enjoy!

Oh, I don't do FB much either. I jumped on it when the Beta Zone folks offered me the chance. I use it to tease my daughter, who deperately wants the new version. She's running a Tour, so she'll likely not get it.
    04-18-11 10:19 AM
23,186 ... 565566567568569 ...