Jim, where did you hear about a 608 leak?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I heard about it on Twitter. So it must be true, right?

Of course not all OSs that are spotted should be leaked, as some are a big stinking pile of
    04-16-11 08:57 PM
    I follow cantore on twitter. He's been all over the NC storms. Posting via web tho, dude needs a bold

I'm thinking of going back to straight .524 myself. King 3.1 has an annoying habit of not reading my memory card which freezes the device when I switch themes. Another leak, with a new radio, would be awesome.

I've been using his 2.1 and was having the same trouble after changing themes. I thought it was me. That's one reason I reloaded last night. Hmmmm

04-16-11 09:16 PM
    Any other Ramblers getting a PlayBook? Mine is expected to be delivered on monday! Usually I want my weekends to last long, but this one I want over as quickly as possible! LOL

I really wanted one, but the seven-inch screen is the deal-breaker for me. My eyes just aren't getting any better.

04-16-11 09:20 PM
    I heard about it on Twitter. So it must be true, right?

Of course not all OSs that are spotted should be leaked, as some are a big stinking pile of
    Right Sky, Twitter's always right on! HAHA

04-16-11 09:30 PM
    Any other Ramblers getting a PlayBook? Mine is expected to be delivered on monday! Usually I want my weekends to last long, but this one I want over as quickly as possible! LOL

I am perfectly happy using a netbook. The deal killer so far for me is I can't get an answer on if I can use a playbook to install and manage the OS and apps on my Bold. If I can't, it's just a toy to me.
    I really like my dual core netbook and can't see getting the PB right now. However, I've enter just about every and any contest to win one that I can.
    04-16-11 10:58 PM
    I'm back on a straight 524 and find it stable and fine. I got some good suggestions over on the hybrid thread as far as what I could try to get the latest hybrid to work. I'm so burnt out on loading/wiping everything for hours trying to make it work I think I'll take a break and maybe try their suggestions tomorrow if I feel the urge. Better yet, maybe that rumored 608 will leak.
    I loaded it this afternoon and haven't really been able to give it a real test, but it's running great so far. I read some of the stuff on the hybrid forum and don't know what else I could add to help you get it working. I do have another link if you think it might be the hybrid file. Just let me know and I will get it to you.
    04-16-11 11:01 PM
    I loaded it this afternoon and haven't really been able to give it a real test, but it's running great so far. I read some of the stuff on the hybrid forum and don't know what else I could add to help you get it working. I do have another link if you think it might be the hybrid file. Just let me know and I will get it to you.
    Another link might be the way to proceed here. Thank you.
    04-17-11 12:02 AM
    hamster, I hope everything is ok by you, I just rec'd this tx msg about the tornadoes there by you:

"Raleigh, N.C., confirms "multiple fatalities" from tornado; nationwide storm death toll more than 18 in 5 states"

Yep! We had a few touch down here...one as near as about 10 minutes away, but luckily enough they passed right by us. It was one nasty storm.
    Others weren't so lucky and there is alot of clean up to do around the state
    Thx for checking, P1nk...we kind of just laid low last night.

I really like my dual core netbook and can't see getting the PB right now. However, I've enter just about every and any contest to win one that I can.
    I've entered too...hehehe
    04-17-11 08:07 AM
    Another link might be the way to proceed here. Thank you.
    Here's the link to King's V4.
    04-17-11 08:07 AM
    Hampster, did you and yours survive the storms?
    04-17-11 08:08 AM
    Hampster, did you and yours survive the storms?
    Yes, we did thanks, Midd. Some others in the state were not so lucky.
    One tornado hit ground about 10-15 minutes from here!!! Some damage in the city...thankfully the tornados missed us!
    04-17-11 08:13 AM
    One tornado hit ground about 10-15 minutes from here!!! Some damage in the city...thankfully the tornados missed us!
    Glad you're ok. 10-15 minutes away is a little too close for comfort.

I can relate to the near miss. When I lived in Kansas a tornado hit the neighborhood next to my house, went back up in the air and passed over my house, came back down in the next neighborhood. It was pretty large at that time and ended up being a mile wide by the time it got 30 miles away.
    04-17-11 08:53 AM
    Good morning ramblers,

We had some nasty weather here in MD also, rain, lightening and winds up to 60mph. I took the day off work yesterday to go to some friends wedding, but am heading back to work today I'm hoping to get an easy day today so I can work on the fixes and changes for Reflex v1.1 which I'm hoping to drop by wednesday at the latest.

04-17-11 08:54 AM
    Hamster, thought about you this am when I saw the news!
    Lucky you are ok! Yay!!
    We had terrible wind and rain here in Maine. The seas are angry again!!!!
    But it's getting a little lighter now and the wind calming, so we will be getting out for some good food later, no doubt.

Tomorrow is my lighthouse tour!
    04-17-11 08:56 AM
    Good morning ramblers,

We had some nasty weather here in MD also, rain, lightening and winds up to 60mph. I took the day off work yesterday to go to some friends wedding, but am heading back to work today I'm hoping to get an easy day today so I can work on the fixes and changes for Reflex v1.1 which I'm hoping to drop by wednesday at the latest.

Russ,
    Working on a Sunday I see! I am trying to get a few reviews done as I am relaxing. Can't wait to see the update for Reflex...
    04-17-11 08:59 AM

I can relate to the near miss. When I lived in Kansas a tornado hit the neighborhood next to my house, went back up in the air and passed over my house, came back down in the next neighborhood. It was pretty large at that time and ended up being a mile wide by the time it got 30 miles away.
    Yes, a little too close...i was amazed at how it just passed us, then hit north of us again

Good morning ramblers,

Take it easy, Russ..try and relax...we can wait, I think

Lucky you are ok! Yay!!
    But it's getting a little lighter now and the wind calming, so we will be getting out for some good food later, no doubt.

Thx, Jaydee....it was surreal...
    Loved the pic of those lobsters....they didn't look happy, lol...but I bet they were tasty

Enjoy your day!!!
    04-17-11 09:17 AM
    Jim, where did you hear about a 608 leak?

I heard it mentioned 3 times. One was a twitter reference, 2 in the CB forums. It's just rumor as these have no certainty for release. Speculation Dr. Prince.
    It'd be nice so Hope is key.

04-17-11 09:22 AM
    Thanks, no clue why that happened. First time ever, which makes me kind of leery. The straight 524 is running really well. A fresh install can work Wonders.

04-17-11 09:26 AM
    i'm so happy you guys are ok! But 10-15mins is a little too close for comfort! I'd be dead scared hiding in the basement!

awwwww he!!s nooooo! i'd be selling the house and moving that very morning! thats scary!
    Good morning ramblers,

Our weather was the same here Russ, heavy rains, thunder/lightning, winds. Some areas are even threatened with flooding thru today because of the rivers tides rising higher.

Take it easy, the update will come soon enough Will look forward to it when its ready
    Lucky you are ok! Yay!!

I bet those lobsters last night were delish! So far sounds like you are enjoying your vacay. I love lighthouses myself. the hubby and I climbed one a couple years back, the view when you get to the top is amazing!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday
    04-17-11 09:34 AM
    The lighthouse tour sounds fun. Hope the weather doesn't keep you from having some fun Jaydee. If you with all the storms need some dry sunshine I'll send you some if I could. 96 again today under sunny cloudless skys. (Sigh) weather in the desert is boring sometimes. Want some? I'm formulating my summer escape plans for June. Hmmmm, maybe a lighthouse tour!

04-17-11 09:41 AM
    i'm so happy you guys are ok! But 10-15mins is a little too close for comfort! I'd be dead scared hiding in the basement!

awwwww he!!s nooooo! i'd be selling the house and moving that very morning! thats scary!

Our weather was the same here Russ, heavy rains, thunder/lightning, winds. Some areas are even threatened with flooding thru today because of the rivers tides rising higher.

Take it easy, the update will come soon enough Will look forward to it when its ready

I bet those lobsters last night were delish! So far sounds like you are enjoying your vacay. I love lighthouses myself. the hubby and I climbed one a couple years back, the view when you get to the top is amazing!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday
    TY! I am relieved as well. We were ready to go into the stair closet, believe me

The lighthouse tour sounds fun. Hope the weather doesn't keep you from having some fun Jaydee. If you with all the storms need some dry sunshine I'll send you some if I could. 96 again today under sunny cloudless skys. (Sigh) weather in the desert is boring sometimes. Want some? I'm formulating my summer escape plans for June. Hmmmm, maybe a lighthouse tour!

I'll trade with ya, Jim....you can have our crazy weather..though it looked awesome...so twilightish...
    04-17-11 10:40 AM
    Whoa! I missed this one. They make a dual core netbook? I have to ask: What use could there be for a dual core internet device?

Here's the link to King's V4.
    Thanks. I'll grab it now and load it after church today.
    04-17-11 10:55 AM
    underway, were you having the same issue as I was installing the new hybrid? Let me no how that other file source works for you. Think I'll grab it also, just in case
    04-17-11 11:19 AM
    Congrats(I guess) on getting your playbook. It's not my style as I prefer a real kb. I hope it works out well for all those who can't wait to get theirs. My laptop works fine for my needs and for another $500+tax Ouch! I'm gonna pass.
    04-17-11 11:31 AM

Let us know what you think. A few non-blackberry friends are urging me to get one. I think that there are a few too many unanswered questions for me. I know folks are counting on rim upgrading and tweaking and fixing a few things but I wonder if they are cockeyed optimists. I know all new systems have a few, ahem, kinks but some of the ones I read about are a bit much. I'd have thought rim would have wanted to really clean release. And the way OS's leak or don't leak for the various BB phones, I'm not certain I want to rely on TOMORROW'S fix coming the day after tomorrow. I'm trying not to be too cynical but also somewhat realistic.

I have been reading about BRIDGE (besides the one always available for sale in Brooklyn) and until I know that Verizon will not grab me by the, well, some area of my anatomy, I don't want to only rely on wifi. I want to know I can "tether" (no matter what is called) and not worry about Verizon and my unlimited data.

Hope your weekend speeds to your delivery and report back.
    04-17-11 11:44 AM
23,186 ... 564565566567568 ...