If any of you would like the custom version I just sent JD with more font control, just shoot me a PM and ill hook you up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The font control would be great. PM on the way.
    04-15-11 12:50 PM
    All,

There's an update for DS. It supposedly adds support for Playbook and fixes some existing issues.

For you, Jim, reports from the hybrid threads have this fixing the issue where the phone wouldn't connect to DM after loading King's v4 hybrid. I guess there's still a problem with the DTMF tones and voice mail. The builder is swapping CODs left and right to isolate the issue. I think I'll still sit this one out until he finds the fix.
    Yeah , I'll be standing pat also. I check that thread and it seems lots of issues with that particular os. The previous version is working very well for me. I did get a prompt from my DM yesterday to upgrade DM which I did. I'm hoping that will take care of my previous app loader issue so I don't have to revert to DM for any installs. I'm wondering if those 6.1 files King put into the latest hybrid are causing the issue. Weird thing is some are saying it works really good. I like the way my bold's running so not going to risk it.
    04-15-11 01:54 PM
    well, thought i just pop in for a quick hello and say that i did a bbsak back up today-no issues. So, i'm a happy pink camper again

Hi Bob! Welcome back! We've missed you!

Russ, appreciate the offer about the font thing, I'm gonna hold off for now though
    04-15-11 01:59 PM
    Russ, when I try to save something on my card, i can't see the highlight bar. It's black on black. How do I choose which folder I want to save into?
    JayDee,

What app are you saving saving from and what are you saving? I haven't seen this in OS5 so I'm wondering if it's OS6's group box or something.
    04-15-11 02:55 PM
    JayDee,

What app are you saving saving from and what are you saving? I haven't seen this in OS5 so I'm wondering if it's OS6's group box or something.
    I got a BerryWeather set to save (in the email...a dropbox link) and instead on just putting it on the media card, I wanted to navigate to the correct folder. But I can't see which I'm choosing. Just my device?
    04-15-11 03:55 PM
    Yeah , I'll be standing pat also. I check that thread and it seems lots of issues with that particular os. The previous version is working very well for me. I did get a prompt from my DM yesterday to upgrade DM which I did. I'm hoping that will take care of my previous app loader issue so I don't have to revert to DM for any installs. I'm wondering if those 6.1 files King put into the latest hybrid are causing the issue. Weird thing is some are saying it works really good. I like the way my bold's running so not going to risk it.
    I'm using his V2.1 with the 524 browser. It was great for a while, but has started lagging a lot. I was looking forward to his new one, esp. when he told me it would also work really well with the 466(376) radio. If it won't load, though, I'll sit tight for now

04-15-11 04:36 PM
    I got a BerryWeather set to save (in the email...a dropbox link) and instead on just putting it on the media card, I wanted to navigate to the correct folder. But I can't see which I'm choosing. Just my device?
    Hmm, so the email contained a browser link? Hmm, I'll take a look on the simulator and see if I can replicate the problem.
    04-15-11 04:57 PM
    I'm having the same problem choosing a folder. You can see the menu, but can't see which menu selection you're on.

04-15-11 05:20 PM
    Here's a question for Pink or Hamster or anyone else with BeWeather...
    I wanna put the weather on my home screen. Got it figured out except I don't see the LOCATION NAME.

I have the 5 day or weekly view but I want the name of the place to show. How do I do that?
    04-15-11 05:56 PM
    I wanna put the weather on my home screen. Got it figured out except I don't see the LOCATION NAME.

I have the 5 day or weekly view but I want the name of the place to show. How do I do that?
    No help, sorry. Just sayin' wow, thats a busy screen you got there. 5 days on screen? I've never seen an option to display the name of the location. I use my "home" location and just look at temp. If I want more I press "W" for a full report. I actually use DeToday for my weather display and one callie appt. More color choices including font colors.
    04-15-11 06:05 PM

Well, location is set when you go to settings> homescreen wallpaper> scroll down to show current conditions> configure and then you will be able to choose what you want shown...location, observation time etc...
    then click and save and go back...
    Hope this helps!
    jaydee5799 and middbrew like this.
    04-15-11 06:06 PM
    FWIW The DeToday Be weather integration does show location if you check the box. Makes me think it's possible on BeWeather as well. Sounds like Hamster's all over it.
    04-15-11 06:08 PM
    Well, location is set when you go to settings> homescreen wallpaper> scroll down to show current conditions> configure and then you will be able to choose what you want shown...location, observation time etc...
    then click and save and go back...
    Hope this helps!
    That's it. I personally don't like having the location showing unless I have Cancun showing.
    04-15-11 06:36 PM

Sorry, one screen shot.
    Most people go to warmer climates for vacation. My husband makes me go FURTHER NORTH, if you can believe that!!!

God help me! Thank goodness VZW Mobile Broadband Connect will be traveling with me!

I decided against the 5 day...and am sticking to one icon as I have seen Pink do so beautifully MANY TIMES>
    Thanks for the directions Hamster and Midd. They worked fine.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-15-11 06:43 PM
    That's it. I personally don't like having the location showing unless I have Cancun showing.
    Me too!! I have locations set that I use just because of the temps!

Sorry, one screen shot.
    Most people go to warmer climates for vacation. My husband makes me go FURTHER NORTH, if you can believe that!!!

God help me! Thank goodness VZW Mobile Broadband Connect will be traveling with me!

I decided against the 5 day...and am sticking to one icon as I have seen Pink do so beautifully MANY TIMES>
    Looks perfect to me
    Nice screen
    04-15-11 08:55 PM

Sorry, one screen shot.

this looks really nice Jaydee! i've always loved Clockr as a theme as well I may rock that 2moro, but I'll have to PRY myself away from Reflex! LOL

awww schucks....thanks for the compliment Jaydee i've tried doing the 5 days screen display, but it just never seems to look as good as BT, Kol and JNM can pull off! lol.

Enjoy your vacay!
    04-15-11 09:04 PM
    So, in Rehab huh? No surprise there, if I've told you guys once I've told you a hunderd times: "We are all addicted to CB and especially this thread and we need to go the Rehab." Guess you finally took my advice.

Actually I BBM'd JayDee earlier today and she told me that we had be sent to Rehab. Seems like lots of fodder for a Dr. Prince show or three! Or has Dr. Prince retired while I have been away for a while again?

Any how, good to be back and check in with you folks.

Now for a question: When I first installed .524 I was getting great battery life and radio signal. Seems here lately my battery life has gone down the toilet and the signal is not quite as good as it was. What gives? Is this happening to anyone else running .524?

I'll try and stick around a little more, really have been busy with no time to hang out here.
    04-15-11 09:41 PM
    Just noticed, what the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to our post counts. CB start using new math or something?
    04-15-11 09:43 PM
    Just noticed, what the h-e-double hockey sticks happened to our post counts. CB start using new math or something?
    That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor.

When we got dumped in PIN-for-sex-land, all of our posts in this thread became freebies. Apparently a post in a social forum does not add to the post count, obstensibly so that folks don't pad their post counts to appear more seasoned. I'm back to one step above noob.
    04-15-11 10:13 PM
    So, in Rehab huh? No surprise there, if I've told you guys once I've told you a hunderd times: "We are all addicted to CB and especially this thread and we need to go the Rehab." Guess you finally took my advice.

Actually I BBM'd JayDee earlier today and she told me that we had be sent to Rehab. Seems like lots of fodder for a Dr. Prince show or three! Or has Dr. Prince retired while I have been away for a while again?

Any how, good to be back and check in with you folks.

Now for a question: When I first installed .524 I was getting great battery life and radio signal. Seems here lately my battery life has gone down the toilet and the signal is not quite as good as it was. What gives? Is this happening to anyone else running .524?

I'll try and stick around a little more, really have been busy with no time to hang out here.
    I'm using a hybrid with a lot of 524 in it, and my phone has been lagging something fierce the past few days. My battery is draining faster, too. I've had decent signal, but that may be the result of the higher power drain to keep it.

There's nothing released or leaked past 524 for me o try, but I may try another hybrid with some higher files in it. We'll see -- I'm still on the fence here. I may just reload this hybrid.
    04-15-11 10:17 PM
    The social forums don't count towards post counts. And because they moved the thread, we lose any numbers that we posted in this thread.

As for your issue with losing battery life with 524, I did notice it when I ran it. I'm now on a hybrid so it might just be that I haven't kept an OS on long enough.
    04-15-11 10:19 PM
    That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor.

When we got dumped in PIN-for-sex-land, all of our posts in this thread became freebies. Apparently a post in a social forum does not add to the post count, obstensibly so that folks don't pad their post counts to appear more seasoned. I'm back to one step above noob.
    Seeing as I'm retired, as are you, I don't do staff meetings any more. Didn't much enjoy them when I had to go, mostly bull patties in my opinion. Not that my opinion counted for much.

The social forums don't count towards post counts. And because they moved the thread, we lose any numbers that we posted in this thread.

As for your issue with losing battery life with 524, I did notice it when I ran it. I'm now on a hybrid so it might just be that I haven't kept an OS on long enough.
    I would agree that there was and always has been some social stuff in this thread; however, if the mods had taken the time to read the thread since the 9650 dropped they would see that the social stuff was far less than the very useful, informative and educational posts that were constantly being posted. I for one and I'm sure others cut my BB teeth in this thread and then branced out to other threads in the forum to offer help and support for those that I could offer some assistance to.

I have been hanging out in this thread since it was very young and other than JayDee one of the ones that have been here the longest. I think JayDee has me beat but can't think of anyone else except perhaps for Paul. Pre-drop of the 9650 it was not very social here because we were all grousing about the continued delays in its arrival on the seen; however, there certainly was some social stuff going on and it is how I met JayDee and a few others. By the way, where the H-E-L-L is tourboy??????

All that said, it is here in this thread that I learned 90+ percent of what I know about BBs, the Tour and the Bold. To have learned as much as I have in my mind says that this is a long way from a social thread. The only way they can call is a social thread is that we have all become friends and look out for one-another.

Okay, enough ramblin. I'm just annoyed that they have kicked us to the curb as they have. Very inconsiderate, and I'll leave it there so as not to give them fodder to suspend me next for saying what I think!
    middbrew and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-15-11 10:43 PM
    Seeing as I'm retired, as are you, I don't do staff meetings any more. Didn't much enjoy them when I had to go, mostly bull patties in my opinion. Not that my opinion counted for much...

...Okay, enough ramblin. I'm just annoyed that they have kicked us to the curb as they have. Very inconsiderate, and I'll leave it there so as not to give them fodder to suspend me next for saying what I think!
    Well said. Some of our grousing earlier this week was not near that level.

JayDee wanted to ensure that all of us could find the new location (really, no excuses). She had a shortcut link made for our home screens. Look for it a few pages back -- she reposted it specifically so YOU could find it.
    04-15-11 10:58 PM
    I would agree that there was and always has been some social stuff in this thread; however, if the mods had taken the time to read the thread since the 9650 dropped they would see that the social stuff was far less than the very useful, informative and educational posts that were constantly being posted. I for one and I'm sure others cut my BB teeth in this thread and then branced out to other threads in the forum to offer help and support for those that I could offer some assistance to.

I have been hanging out in this thread since it was very young and other than JayDee one of the ones that have been here the longest. I think JayDee has me beat but can't think of anyone else except perhaps for Paul. Pre-drop of the 9650 it was not very social here because we were all grousing about the continued delays in its arrival on the seen; however, there certainly was some social stuff going on and it is how I met JayDee and a few others. By the way, where the H-E-L-L is tourboy??????

All that said, it is here in this thread that I learned 90+ percent of what I know about BBs, the Tour and the Bold. To have learned as much as I have in my mind says that this is a long way from a social thread. The only way they can call is a social thread is that we have all become friends and look out for one-another.

Okay, enough ramblin. I'm just annoyed that they have kicked us to the curb as they have. Very inconsiderate, and I'll leave it there so as not to give them fodder to suspend me next for saying what I think!
    Very well said indeed! I still believe it was retribution for what they saw as borderline bannable activities a few Ramblers. Your statement about "if the mods had taken the time to read the thread since the 9650 dropped they would see that the social stuff was far less than the very useful, informative and educational posts" rings of the truth.There are far less informative threads then this one on many other sections that are allowed to stay. I'm still calling BS on this one.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-15-11 11:16 PM
    Sky, when you get a chance, would you post that link for me please? TIA, appreciate the help!
    Here ya go.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Now see, Ive went and posted useful and helpful information in a social forum. Now, to keep the balance, I have to go post something unhelpful and asinine in a forum that "counts".
    Last edited by skyboxer; 04-15-11 at 11:45 PM.
    04-15-11 11:22 PM
23,186 ... 560561562563564 ...