Looks like they're doing some house cleaning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 09:25 AM
    OK guys. I am going to create a launcher for our berries for the Rambling thread. To which page url do you want me to point it?

What name shall we give it?

A logo of some sort?

ER (Essex Ramblings)?

Ramblings?

Tell me!!! I wanna do this today. Will only cost me a few bucks and we will have it!
    I have my QL shortcut, a browser bookmark, home page link and a Windows desktop shortcut set to the first new posting (http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/ess...gs-353100-new/) . It'll have to be something that we can edit, in case they move us again.
    04-13-11 09:27 AM
    Anyway to create a QL shortcut to the thread using opera mini as the browser? I'm assuming underway, your doing this via the oem browser. Not that big of a deal keeping om open all the time and hitting refresh. Just wondering is all.

04-13-11 10:07 AM
    How about Rambletopia?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-11 10:09 AM
    How about Rambletopia?
    I like that a LOT!!!!!
    Let me see if it fits in the space or logo...

What about the logo?

64x64...
    a gin and tonic? with lime? or do your kids use your berry?
    How about a simple five pointed star?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-13-11 at 10:26 AM.
    04-13-11 10:14 AM
    Not everybody walks into rehab smilin'.

You still running 5? There's a new hybrid out
    A FIVE (5) hybrid? Or a new 6 hybrid?

There are days 6 is still very tempting and then I go read the news (to find that Seattle did not get the space shuttle) and realize I cannot scroll back and forth. So sad!
    04-13-11 10:31 AM
    OK so I created a launcher and we'll see what happens. I asked them to send me the files ASAP. Just a simple yellow star icon to click to take us to RamblingsRehab in Rambletopia.

Let's see what happens when it arrives. Will post the link to the files as soon as I get them.

ok please someone try this link and see if it installs a launcher????
    Please????
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17733850/OTA/EssexRamblings.jad
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-13-11 at 11:11 AM.
    04-13-11 10:59 AM
    Anyway to create a QL shortcut to the thread using opera mini as the browser? I'm assuming underway, your doing this via the oem browser. Not that big of a deal keeping om open all the time and hitting refresh. Just wondering is all.

Yes. After you create the QL shortcut, you'll see a browser dropdown. Select the Blackberry or OM browser.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-13-11 at 11:32 AM.
    04-13-11 11:27 AM
    OK so I created a launcher and we'll see what happens. I asked them to send me the files ASAP. Just a simple yellow star icon to click to take us to RamblingsRehab in Rambletopia.

Let's see what happens when it arrives. Will post the link to the files as soon as I get them.

ok please someone try this link and see if it installs a launcher????
    Please????
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17733850/OTA/EssexRamblings.jad
    It works. Well, it brings me here. I did not give it trusted permissions. I was afraid that I'd "accidently" buy you a car or something...
    04-13-11 11:30 AM
    It works. Well, it brings me here. I did not give it trusted permissions. I was afraid that I'd "accidently" buy you a car or something...
    LMFAO!!!!
    No, no...it allows me to access your checking account because Blackberries are so expensive.

Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-19-11 at 10:31 AM.
    04-13-11 11:37 AM
    Quick stop in..

Thanks for the door, Jaydee!! woot! And love he name

I'm going to set my QL to here as well, thx 99..OM is so much easier.
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 04-19-11 at 12:46 PM.
    04-13-11 11:38 AM
    Quick stop in..

Thanks for the door, Jaydee!! woot! And love he name

I'm going to set my QL to here as well, thx 99..OM is so much easier.

Hmmm..moving threads around....all of a sudden they have time to "clean house"? Kind of fishy to me..
    Yeah, I'm waving the BS flag, too.
    04-13-11 11:46 AM
    LMFAO!!!!
    No, no...it allows me to access your checking account because Blackberries are so expensive.

OOPS, did I say that?????
    Nice!!!! how did you get the name on there?
    04-13-11 11:47 AM
    Why is it that my post count doesn't change in here, but I can give thanks and watch THAT count up?
    04-13-11 11:48 AM
    Yes. After you create the QL shortcut, you'll see a browser dropdown. Select the Blackberry or OM browser.
    Thanks for this tip.
    04-13-11 12:01 PM
    What about Jaydee's secret access door to Ramblemania. Does it work with the oem browser or om? Guess I'll have to try it out.
    04-13-11 12:03 PM
    What about Jaydee's secret access door to Ramblemania. Does it work with the oem browser or om? Guess I'll have to try it out.
    I'd expect that it would open in the OEM browser, since you can't set OM as your default.
    04-13-11 12:11 PM
    Works fine in the oem browser (with the usual caveats related to the browser).
    04-13-11 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the post and doorway jaydee.
    04-13-11 12:14 PM
    Is the rambletopia icon supposed to take us to the last post/page? I installed it and checked my bank account as a precaution, didn't see any wire transfers to upstate New York. Rebooting my bold to test this out.
    EDIT: this is taking me to where I last left off, not the latest page, same for everybody?
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-13-11 at 12:20 PM.
    04-13-11 12:17 PM
    Is the rambletopia icon supposed to take us to the last post/page? I installed it and checked my bank account as a precaution, didn't see any wire transfers to upstate New York. Rebooting my bold to test this out.
    I think it goes to your first unread post, just like my QL shortcut does.
    04-13-11 12:20 PM
    holy canollis! you guys are a bunch of chatter boxes today I can't keep up! Needless to say, my yahoo email is acting weird! I'm suscribed to this thread, and well, i just rec'd the post that jaydee made about the ramblers launcher. I've been noticing that ALL of my emails for my subscriptions don't always come thru on yahoo and IDK why. Does anyone have thoughts to this at all? suggestions? tks. ( because they dont all come thru, i sometimes miss posts addressed to me)

ok, so I've also set up QL with a direct feed to here. so much damn easier! LOL I'll prob load up the launcher later, this is just a quick stop in for me! I have dinner to start preparing....hungry kids and hubby-besides do i really need to feed then EVERY DAY! LOL oh well.

04-13-11 12:27 PM
    I think it goes to your first unread post, just like my QL shortcut does.
    I'll try again, so far it takes me to the previous page everytime. Having issues getting om to respond as the browser of choice for a QL shortcut to the thread also. I copied your path in a post above for the url to the new post, but it just opens om at the home page whether I have om already open or not. I'll play with it some more.

EDIT: Got it. DOH!! Had one to many http//'s in the address.
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-13-11 at 12:37 PM.
    04-13-11 12:31 PM
    I'll try again, so far it takes me to the previous page everytime. Having issues getting om to respond as the browser of choice for a QL shortcut to the thread also. I copied your path in a post above for the url to the new post, but it just opens om at the home page whether I have om already open or not. I'll play with it some more.
    I think your problem with not getting to the right page is a CB forums issue. Desktop or BB links alike, sometimes it happens to me, too. That path gets me there more often than not.
    04-13-11 12:38 PM
    holy canollis! you guys are a bunch of chatter boxes today I can't keep up! Needless to say, my yahoo email is acting weird! I'm suscribed to this thread, and well, i just rec'd the post that jaydee made about the ramblers launcher. I've been noticing that ALL of my emails for my subscriptions don't always come thru on yahoo and IDK why. Does anyone have thoughts to this at all? suggestions? tks. ( because they dont all come thru, i sometimes miss posts addressed to me)

ok, so I've also set up QL with a direct feed to here. so much damn easier! LOL I'll prob load up the launcher later, this is just a quick stop in for me! I have dinner to start preparing....hungry kids and hubby-besides do i really need to feed then EVERY DAY! LOL oh well.
    Do you really have your subscription set to notify you on EVERY post? Wow. That's hardcore.
    04-13-11 12:41 PM
23,186 ... 554555556557558 ...