I might have missed the lead up to the move - were the, ahem, serious folk in 9650 offended by the tenor of this thread so that it had to be moved elsewhere - shuttered behind asylum doors!
    We're in REHAB man!!
    04-12-11 11:25 PM
    Maybe I belong in "rehab" I'm downloading King's latest for immediate installation.

Same here. Just got home from work and wanted to check in here first to see what happened to the thread. Now on to load up king v4
    04-12-11 11:45 PM
    We're in REHAB man!!
    From what I can see - locked door and barred (other kind of bars, jaydee) windows it is not a voluntary commitment. Are those electrodes, Nurse Rachet?
    04-12-11 11:55 PM
    From what I can see - locked door and barred (other kind of bars, jaydee) windows it is not a voluntary commitment. Are those electrodes, Nurse Rachet?
    Not everybody walks into rehab smilin'.

You still running 5? There's a new hybrid out
    04-12-11 11:57 PM
    So, does this mean I can post here now even though I have a storm2? :-)

This is such a great thread, I've only discovered it since meeting sky through theme testing. I can never see such a friendly social cafe developing under the storm2 device section, all the posters ever do in there is whine and complain.

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Russ, that's the real tragedy of the whole thing. Its the one place where everyone can go and be treated respecfully. We just want to hang out, have fun, and catch any drifters with questions that may stumble in. When I had an 8900 the whole forum was like this thread. People were friendly, and if they disagreed that was fine. No escalation to name calling or anything. I didn't realize it was a rare thing until I made the jump to VZW with the Tour. Apparently, our brand of "pull up a chair and sit a spell" help isn't wanted in the 9650 forum.

04-13-11 12:08 AM
    New theme alert! If anyone likes or wants an OS6 theme, take a look at Hysteria in the theme section. Its OS6, beautifully skinned with transparent menus.

04-13-11 03:14 AM
    Would it help if I made a door from the 9650 Forum to this thread? I can sticky the thread redirect. Would that help any?

I like the idea of this becoming a cafe, much like the TrackBall Lights or TBL in OT. You guys should start a BBM group too.
    Thanks for the offer Rich. I agree that would be great to have a door on the 9650 page to this thread.
    04-13-11 06:14 AM
    Morning, Rehabers...uh I mean Ramblers...

Welcome, Russ..you can hang out anytime..in fact we love to have more people we can shoot the breeze with

I'll check out your review, Jaydee! Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up on the new theme, sky

Busy day again....C u all later

PS...Leaked 28mb memory in 24hrs...woohoo!!!
    04-13-11 06:49 AM
    I see the Ramblers were hard at work posting last night. Good! I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West sending her monkeys out to scour the forums!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

04-13-11 06:56 AM
    How do you uninstall something from BB App World that you don't want?

I downloaded two themes that are for OS5 and it says installed but of course they don't appear on my phone. How do I uninstall them???

NVERMIND!!!
    Found the DELETE menu choice!
    Wow! Reading is vital, huh?
    That was a real *****!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-19-11 at 09:53 AM.
    04-13-11 08:13 AM
    yeah, screw the tonic!
    Guns for everyone!
    On the house!
    AAAAAAmen!
    So, does this mean I can post here now even though I have a storm2? :-)

This is such a great thread, I've only discovered it since meeting sky through theme testing. I can never see such a friendly social cafe developing under the storm2 device section, all the posters ever do in there is whine and complain.

Russ.

Hi Russ, nice to finally meet you, and of course your welcome here!

btw, can't wait till Reflex is released! Looking very forward to that theme of yours
    New theme alert! If anyone likes or wants an OS6 theme, take a look at Hysteria in the theme section. Its OS6, beautifully skinned with transparent menus.

yep saw that too!
    Morning, Rehabers...uh I mean Ramblers...

Welcome, Russ..you can hang out anytime..in fact we love to have more people we can shoot the breeze with

I'll check out your review, Jaydee! Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up on the new theme, sky

Busy day again....C u all later

PS...Leaked 28mb memory in 24hrs...woohoo!!!
    morn Hamster, busy day ahead for me too.

i still haven't even decided what theme i'm using today
    I see the Ramblers were hard at work posting last night. Good! I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West sending her monkeys out to scour the forums!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

darnit! i didn't dress up for the occassion!
    How do you uninstall something from BB App World that you don't want?

I downloaded two themes that are for OS5 and it says installed but of course they don't appear on my phone. How do I uninstall them???

NVERMIND!!!
    Found the DELETE menu choice!
    Wow! Reading is vital, huh?
    That was a real Norli!
    reading is fundamental jaydee LOL
    04-13-11 08:28 AM
    Since this is a social club now instead of a real, informative thread, is our language still monitored? I sometimes feel like I'm trying to talk around Santa with my nine year old in the room.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-19-11 at 12:00 PM.
    04-13-11 08:39 AM
    Is "Norli" a new word for us? Synonomous with "******" or ******?

Since this is a social club now instead of a real, informative thread, is our language still monitored? I sometimes feel like I'm trying to talk around Santa with my nine year old in the room.
    I think we can say what we like with the exception of profanity and the like.
    Of course, a mod will step in and slap us if we're wrong! HAHA

But committing a sugar smacks cereal is a dumbass thing to do!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-19-11 at 09:51 AM.
    04-13-11 08:46 AM
    Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

It's a shame that the general theme of most of the forums here is either whine and complain or pounce and beat to death verbally. Oh well, such is the state of our broken world eh?

Reflex is pretty much complete, the switch to the OS6 icons is a quick one, thankfully. I've spent the last few days pulling my hair out over the torch and storm versions, a recent poll I ran showed that touchscreen users really want to have the same homescreen both in portrait and landscape so I have been working hard to achieve that. Unfortunately, after trying many different methods and being greated by either the java virtual machine blowing up or just general weird happenings that I couldn't attribute to coding mistakes I've had to conclude that Reflex just cannot be done that way without pushing the theme coding to the point where things become unstable. Portrait only it is for the torch and storm I'm afraid.

I'm a little upset at having to back up to the 6.0 icons as the theme does seem to lose something with the older graphics:

I still have a bug or two to iron out of the touchscreen versions, but I am hopeful that I will get things finished up within the next 24 hrs.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-11 08:46 AM
    Would that be a "noob-slap"?

Did the system put the *** in my post or was that you?

EDIT: NVM. It was the system. *%!$#^ Big Brother!
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-19-11 at 11:56 AM.
    04-13-11 08:48 AM
    oh good, Russ! I'm glad you were able to work those 0s6 icons back in without much hassle.
    Let us know when it's release will ya so we can grab it first!

We can add all sorts of words to the Unofficial CB Dictionary..I always make words up, remember, 99?
    04-13-11 08:51 AM
    Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

It's a shame that the general theme of most of the forums here is either whine and complain or pounce and beat to death verbally. Oh well, such is the state of our broken world eh?

Reflex is pretty much complete, the switch to the OS6 icons is a quick one, thankfully. I've spent the last few days pulling my hair out over the torch and storm versions, a recent poll I ran showed that touchscreen users really want to have the same homescreen both in portrait and landscape so I have been working hard to achieve that. Unfortunately, after trying many different methods and being greated by either the java virtual machine blowing up or just general weird happenings that I couldn't attribute to coding mistakes I've had to conclude that Reflex just cannot be done that way without pushing the theme coding to the point where things become unstable. Portrait only it is for the torch and storm I'm afraid.

I'm a little upset at having to back up to the 6.0 icons as the theme does seem to lose something with the older graphics:

I still have a bug or two to iron out of the touchscreen versions, but I am hopeful that I will get things finished up within the next 24 hrs.
    Welcome.

The theme looks very slick. Unfortunately, most of us here in rehab are using 9650s. What does this look like on the small screen?
    04-13-11 08:51 AM
    *walks in*

*looks around*

*jumps out window*
    04-13-11 08:54 AM
    *walks in*

*looks around*

*jumps out window*
    c'mon, Kol..hang out a bit, it really is great in here Rehab or not
    04-13-11 08:57 AM
    Jaydee, did you just post a pic of your "look" in the morning after a few to mnay guns+tonics? Or is that your new avatar? . LOL. J/K
    I'm still having issues with my app loader working or not working rather. I installed a fresh DM and tried to install a new hybrid. No go on either laptop which makes me think it's the bold. The error says my "device" app loader is not working properly. I dunno. I may have to try DM. I'll be in need of some real rehab if I can't load anymore os's on my bold.

04-13-11 08:59 AM
    JayDee, they moved your OS6 memory thread,too. You must have seriously pe*d in their Wheaties!
    04-13-11 09:14 AM
    OK guys. I am going to create a launcher for our berries for the Rambling thread. To which page url do you want me to point it?

What name shall we give it?

A logo of some sort?

ER (Essex Ramblings)?

Ramblings?

Tell me!!! I wanna do this today. Will only cost me a few bucks and we will have it!
    04-13-11 09:16 AM
    JayDee, they moved your OS6 memory thread,too. You must have seriously pe*d in their Wheaties!
    To where?

10 chars
    04-13-11 09:18 AM
    ER is an acronym for the emergency room. Ok, maybe.

I like "ramblings"
    "Ramblers"
    And "ramble"
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-13-11 at 09:23 AM.
    04-13-11 09:19 AM
    To where?

10 chars
    Blackberry OS and Desktop Management Software Discussion. http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/ha...ak-os6-603972/

I suppose that the next time one of us makes a thread in the 9650 forum, we have to keep 9650 in the name.
    04-13-11 09:23 AM
23,186 ... 553554555556557 ...