I didn't think moving a thread was a form of discipline. Closing a thread is. Maybe that's what's next?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 06:09 PM
    OMG, wth just happened?? I just went searching for our thread ???? and its in the rehab section now ????????????
    04-12-11 06:13 PM
    I'm sorry guys. The thread was moved more than likely because of Paul and I and our pissing match with Norli. The mods are out to get me and Paul. This is their way. I fear this will be the last I post because I am sure to hear from some mod or another. It's been fun and I have everyone's pin so we'll keep in touch.

Nothing saying we can't post here you know; as we're still the Ramblers. If I had any friend who is a mod, I'd ask. But alas. I have pissed them all off! If you don't see me here...you know where to find me.
    It is very apparent that it is a move by the mods in retaliation. This thread had been in the same section since 1:08pm on 11-01-2009 and it just now is not appropriate for the 9650 section?
    04-12-11 06:14 PM
    Does anybody think that the MOD will answer if we ask why the thread was moved to the same section as PIN-ning for s*x? Do they really think this thread belongs here?
    04-12-11 06:15 PM
    We have been moved
    Whole Crap! Why did this thread get moved?
    i know i came here to check out hamsters response to my post about her mem leak.....my jaw dropped!
    I didn't think moving a thread was a form of discipline. Closing a thread is. Maybe that's what's next?

i hope its not getting closed!
    04-12-11 06:16 PM
    HA! To try and defend the indefensible, it does kind of fit better in the rehab section, even though all of the posts ARE about one device in particular and concerning problems and solutions concerning that particular device. Other than that, I'm going to go ahead and say this is certainly some form of further backlash for things that happened a few days ago. My reasoning being that the content of the thread has not really changed for months, and if it was appropriate to reside in the 9650 forum in January, then it is now too.
    There is no question of backlash from any real or imagined events.

Quite simply as you have said, the general tone of the thread with a very high proportion of social chat fits better into rehab and should not be cluttering a specific device-technical forum. The strongest recent link to 9650 has been that many of the participants use that as their regular phone but even the technical discussion is not specific to any one phone model. The thread should have been closed or moved about 8 months ago but it escaped attention... moderators have lives outside CB and several of us have endured a frantically busy business period since before Xmas. Finally we got a few slack days to do some delayed housekeeping.
    04-12-11 06:17 PM
    We're in rehab!! WTH's goin' on??

04-12-11 06:24 PM
    What happened to our post counts? I'm at 288? Freakin' 288? WTF?
    04-12-11 06:25 PM

HAHA. Like that's a threat. So let them close it. We'll start another one and name it something we all agree on. In fact, there's nothing stopping us from doing that now. Our post counts don't mean ****e around here anyway, so who the f*** cares? Look what it got me! 2 mod warnings in the same day and a soon to be suspension, I bet. Let's start a different thread in socials or keep this one going to 10,000 pages and have fun! Now we have new digs. Are we in a cafe? A bar? where are we meeting nowadays??

PS Actually, closing the thread would have been the HUMANE thing to do because we would have kept our post counts. MOVING us is a form of discipline...in the twisted Crackberry way.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-12-11 at 06:33 PM.
    04-12-11 06:27 PM
    yea....i lost over 1,000 posts also.
    HAHA. Like that's a threat. So let them close it. We'll start another one and name it something we all agree on. In fact, there's nothing stopping us from doing that now. Our post counts don't mean ****e around here anyway, so who the f*** cares? Let's start a different thread in socials or keep this one going to 10,000 pages and have fun! Now we have new digs. Are we in a cafe? A bar? where are we meeting nowadays??
    how about a quiet little cavern!
    04-12-11 06:30 PM
    HAHA. Like that's a threat. So let them close it. We'll start another one and name it something we all agree on. In fact, there's nothing stopping us from doing that now. Our post counts don't mean ****e around here anyway, so who the f*** cares? Look what it got me! 2 mod warnings in the same day and a soon to be suspension, I bet. Let's start a different thread in socials or keep this one going to 10,000 pages and have fun! Now we have new digs. Are we in a cafe? A bar? where are we meeting nowadays??
    I'm really surprised they didn't take your title away as well.
    04-12-11 06:34 PM
    The only things I have installed as far as app go recently are App World, BB Protect, and Fancy Characters.

I have been changing WP's quite a bit, but no more so than usual As for themes, I've been trying to set one for the whole day as well.
    So....back to experimenting
    Thanks for your help, P1nk

I'm not going to change back to the older version of the themes either. That was my point earlier...how is RIM going to know what version icons I have? Geez.

Now...you make themes Are you holding out on us

True that. I'm just going to delete it to see if that is the culprit. It's just bugging me...I mean 30mb Not as bad as Jaydee, but for me it's not normal.
    Good thing I did all that shrinking and gained all that memory, because now it's just leaking away, lol!
    Yw Hamster! Ok, well when you installed bb protect-did you notice a difference right away? So thats something to think about also. Unless you know for sure you noticed it right after you installed FancyChars.

i know, to try and narrow it down is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack lol

as for the shrinking, its a good thing i shrunk stuff out too, otherwise idk how my bb would survive day to day either!
    04-12-11 06:34 PM
    So posts in rehab aren't counted then I'm assuming. I also lost everything that had been counted from this thread. Like Jaydee said tho WTFluck cares. It don't mean sh!t anyway.
    04-12-11 06:35 PM
    HAHA. Like that's a threat. So let them close it. We'll start another one and name it something we all agree on. In fact, there's nothing stopping us from doing that now. Our post counts don't mean ****e around here anyway, so who the f*** cares? Let's start a different thread in socials or keep this one going to 10,000 pages and have fun! Now we have new digs. Are we in a cafe? A bar? where are we meeting nowadays??
    Correct enough, your Worshipfulness. I was just surprised when I tried to make a post and was reminded that the minimum for that thread was 300. To say the least, I was a bit surprised. When I started using CB, I looked for help from the folks with lots of posts, thinking that the higher count indicated more experience and better info. I have found that the number isn't indicative of the quality of information. How many have we seen that are just "yup" or + "10 char"?

I'm in, BTW. Let me know where and when.
    04-12-11 06:36 PM
    Social posts don't count. So everything you posted in Ramblings when we were in the 9650 thread is taken off your count.

I lost 1900+
    It's a form of discipline.
    04-12-11 06:38 PM
    yea....i lost over 1,000 posts also.
    Ha! you had so many posts your still a genius I thought the post count was kinda cool, now I don't really give a crap about it. They can come along and wipe em out anytime they want anyway.

Speaking of geniuses mine status just changed even with the lower count.
    04-12-11 06:39 PM
    How come you still get to be a "genius" with only 900+ posts?

Does that make me "noob" again?
    Well, give them time. They will probably take all our titles away from us too.
    HAHA.
    Like that means anything either.
    This place is un f****ing believeable
    04-12-11 06:40 PM
    OMG!!!! I;ve been online with roadrunner, and come back here and the world has changed!

Wow. And all my posts, too. Yippee!

I'll hang out wherever
    04-12-11 06:40 PM
    It's a form of discipline.
    Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick anyway.
    04-12-11 06:42 PM
    Ha! you had so many posts your still a genius I thought the post count was kinda cool, now I don't really give a crap about it. They can come along and wipe em out anytime they want anyway.

Speaking of geniuses mine status just changed even with the lower count.
    ya know what Jim? Someone just mentioned it (underway?) , the post count doesn't mean much. I used to think a high post count meant the person knew what they were doing...not necessarily so anymore.
    04-12-11 06:42 PM
    ya know what Jim? Someone just mentioned it (underway?) , the post count doesn't mean much. I used to think a high post count meant the person knew what they were doing...not necessarily so anymore.
    Nope, underway said a mouthful. It doesn't mean sh!t as any sign of BB knowledge
    04-12-11 06:44 PM
    Really! We all know who is behind this. He who wields the big stick only has about 300 posts. SO there you go....

So what is it?
    A bar? A tavern?
    A pool room? Hey I've never been in one of those!
    A castle? I'll actually have to go out and POST again to regain my title! HAHA not happening.
    So where are we?
    04-12-11 06:45 PM
    Wow that sux for people who haven't run afoul of a mod and have been working toward genius status or whatever. Sorry, all the help you've provided for this thread doesn't count because we've decided the entire thread isn't helpful. You now know nothing about memory leaks. Have a nice day.

04-12-11 06:47 PM
    Originally Posted by Underway99

Your an abuser , sorry, but one step above a noob
    04-12-11 06:48 PM
    I was a master for a minute there, now I'm a genius again. wheew! Thought I felt dumber, now better.
    04-12-11 06:51 PM
23,186 ... 551552553554555 ...