btw, is anyone else having an issue with their 'ty' buttons today or is it just me?

i have them avail, i click it, it doesn't show, i refresh the screen and its still not there, like i never clicked it. i have to click it again. some took me 3x's to finally show! what a PITA!
    04-12-11 07:58 AM
    Thanks again for the good info 99. I appreciate it.

Hi Pink, thanks for the kind words. Joyfully, no PT necessary after the surgery. I am even giving golf a try again this afternoon. It is going to be 73 here today so I am ready to go.
    04-12-11 08:40 AM
    tyvm for posting the link here Underway! it was quite a challenge this morning at 6:05am with one eye open downloading Al's latest&greatest creation!

Hi runkle! Glad to hear your doing well, and recovery is going good. Are you also going to be doing any kind of PT for your neck as well?

G'morn all! Nice ss's Jaydee & Hamster of Al's theme

Just waiting on Reflex now....AND then I think I will have all the themes I could possibly want on my baby! Each has different functions/looks bringing a new story to my bb everyday

Until another new theme comes along that i'm jones'in for!

Also, BTW for those of you that have Ssix, I rec'd and email sometime last week with an update for OS6.1 icons. Now this morn, I just received another update for Ssix. Raypho was asked by RIM to remove the OS6.1 icons from his theme, so there is an email sent out to "upgrade" back to the orignal looking theme, with 6.0 icons.

NOW i wonder, for all the other themers that are using 6.1 icons, (like Al's Times), will they ALL be asked to re-vamp their themes back as well ????
    Hey All,
    About the OS6.1 icons:
    I spoke with Raymond (Raypho) on bbm today and he is very saddened about the news from RIM that themers may NOT use the 6.1 icons in their themes. So Ray is changing his themes to conform. I don't know what will happen to anyone else's themes. Seems impossible to get them all back from folks so.....
    04-12-11 08:45 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick hello and wishing you all well as the week moves forward. Per batteryex, I have been using meterberry and do find the info useful. Also use the reboot feature as needed. One quick question....I know many of you use bbm to communicate with each other. To be honest, I have never used it (no friends) . I assume it is a very secure way to communicate. Am I right? Thanks for your time everyone.
    Runkle, I will love to add you to my bbm.
    If you need my pin please look in this thread. I posted it yesterday. OR PM me.
    I cannot live without BBM. Would be glad to have you practice if you want by sending me messages.
    04-12-11 08:49 AM
    That's probably right. I didn't even think of a driver issue as possibility. I'm thinking reinstalling DM did the trick then, just gotta test it now. Thanks for the input.
    Jim,
    LOOOVVVVVEEEEEE the new siggy.
    See the Gestapo got to you too? LMAO
    04-12-11 08:53 AM
    Hi Pink, thanks for the kind words. Joyfully, no PT necessary after the surgery. I am even giving golf a try again this afternoon. It is going to be 73 here today so I am ready to go.
    yw runkle. glad to hear no PT involved! have a nice day on the green, don't over do it!
    Hey All,
    About the OS6.1 icons:
    I spoke with Raymond (Raypho) on bbm today and he is very saddened about the news from RIM that themers may NOT use the 6.1 icons in their themes. So Ray is changing his themes to conform. I don't know what will happen to anyone else's themes. Seems impossible to get them all back from folks so.....
    thanks for the update Jaydee. I actually had a few themes I rec'd emails from for the 6.1 icons. I never loaded the updates because, well, i was satisfied with the 6.0 icons

I'm sure Raypho and the other themers are upset over this because they wanted the latest look within their themes. I can't imagine RIM chasing everyone down and actually putting a stop to it.....I mean, as many themes available out there! thats alot to chase down.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-12-11 at 09:06 AM.
    04-12-11 09:03 AM
    Hi all busy day here..in fact busy week...

As for the OS6 icons, I got those emails too...if RIM wants this and I have to wonder why, I guess the developers have to conform. But how are they going to get the users to change, update their themes? I mean if you don't install the "new" version with the os6 icons, how will RIM know?

Runkle - good to see you back on the mend and out and about...enjoy the golf game..You can add me to BBM if you like as well, just pm me...

Jaydee..any word on Reflex?? lol
    04-12-11 09:47 AM
    Hi all busy day here..in fact busy week...

As for the OS6 icons, I got those emails too...if RIM wants this and I have to wonder why, I guess the developers have to conform. But how are they going to get the users to change, update their themes? I mean if you don't install the "new" version with the os6 icons, how will RIM know?

Runkle - good to see you back on the mend and out and about...enjoy the golf game..You can add me to BBM if you like as well, just pm me...

Jaydee..any word on Reflex?? lol
    Actually, I just heard from Russ of Gray Matter Themes. He said he will NOT be releasing tomorrow as he is going to re-do the themes with OS6 icons as RIM has asked. So I guess we have to wait a few more days for him to get it all ready. I edited my review to reflect the info. Poor guy! I feel sorry for all the themers. That's a lotta work!
    04-12-11 10:07 AM
    Actually, I just heard from Russ of Gray Matter Themes. He said he will NOT be releasing tomorrow as he is going to re-do the themes with OS6 icons as RIM has asked. So I guess we have to wait a few more days for him to get it all ready. I edited my review to reflect the info. Poor guy! I feel sorry for all the themers. That's a lotta work!
    oh no! Russ must be upset having to re-do all the icons! I'm sure this will be very time consuming for all the themers having to change all the icons back to OS6.

Well, I will be patiently waiting to hear from you when Reflex is ready

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 11:05 AM
    oh no! Russ must be upset having to re-do all the icons! I'm sure this will be very time consuming for all the themers having to change all the icons back to OS6.

Well, I will be patiently waiting to hear from you when Reflex is ready

+1 I can't imagine having to redo all the work they put in...
    I'm waiting for Reflex as well, P1nk. It's a cool looking one.

On another topic...how many of you use Fancy Characters? I just installed it, and I swear my memory has been leaking more since then...anyone noticed this, or is it just my bold?
    04-12-11 12:18 PM
    I guess this calls for a massive theme-grab to get the 6.1 themes before they get changed back.

04-12-11 12:33 PM
    On another topic...how many of you use Fancy Characters? I just installed it, and I swear my memory has been leaking more since then...anyone noticed this, or is it just my bold?
    hamster, I have fancy chars, I don't even use it, but I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference.

Perhaps, un-install and see what happens, keep an eye on the mem. Then re-install and see what happens with the memory. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will post for you

hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-12-11 12:42 PM

I use Fancy Characters and I have always thought that it causes a leak. But then again, when I tried to run my Bold without many apps and added them back one at a time, I never could pinpoint a single app. So Fancy Chars in concert with BattEX and BeWeather...YES YES YES

Memory leak!!!!

IMHO

PS I STILL use it...lol
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-12-11 12:44 PM
    hamster, I have fancy chars, I don't even use it, but I can't honestly say I've noticed a difference.

Perhaps, un-install and see what happens, keep an eye on the mem. Then re-install and see what happens with the memory. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will post for you

Thanks for the suggestion. It's only the trial, and to be honest, I find myself not using it very much, so won't be a big deal to un-install. I'll keep an eye out though on the memory...
    For some reason lately, I've been dropping about 30mb a day

Or..could it be CrApp world? I just re-installed that not long ago.
    04-12-11 12:46 PM
    I use Fancy Characters and I have always thought that it causes a leak. But then again, when I tried to run my Bold without many apps and added them back one at a time, I never could pinpoint a single app. So Fancy Chars in concert with BattEX and BeWeather...YES YES YES

Memory leak!!!!

IMHO

PS I STILL use it...lol
    oh man....I so hate these leaks, lol. Still doesn't stop me from using all the apps though, and since you've experimented every which way,.. who knows?
    04-12-11 12:50 PM
    Jim,
    LOOOVVVVVEEEEEE the new siggy.
    See the Gestapo got to you too? LMAO
    In a word..."yup". I couldn't figure out what else to put and I guess no photos allowed so There ya go, simple, clean and of course "cool"

Guess you theme horses better get it in gear and sop up all the new iconized themes before there no more.
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-12-11 at 02:15 PM.
    04-12-11 02:12 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's only the trial, and to be honest, I find myself not using it very much, so won't be a big deal to un-install. I'll keep an eye out though on the memory...
    For some reason lately, I've been dropping about 30mb a day

Or..could it be CrApp world? I just re-installed that not long ago.
    hmmm...well, have you installed anything new lately-apps? have you been changing themes/bw sets/wp's more that twice a day? IDK if it could be App World, i've had it on my phone, but never use it.

try to trace back your steps as to when you started to loose so much memory, and try to remember if you've installed anything new around that same time frame.

My bb has actually been pretty decent lately! I've actually refrained myself from changing themes 4x's a day, so now i actually use one theme for a full day and I just change wp's and bw sets-up to 3x's a day. I've averaged a loss of 5mb to 20mb. Today for some reason, I'm down 28mb already, but i've change bw sets about 6 times trying to find just the right one to use with the last wp i set lol.

and i'm probably going to delete fancy char and smiley pack off my bb....i don't even use it!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-12-11 at 04:44 PM.
    04-12-11 04:40 PM
    +1 I can't imagine having to redo all the work they put in...
    I'm waiting for Reflex as well, P1nk. It's a cool looking one.

Actually it isn't that hard to change from OS6.0 icons to OS6.1 icons or the other way. Just a click and point to the set you want to use. I updated the themes I made and it took all of one minute. That's updated to OS6.1, RIM isn't going to tell me what I can do with my themes.
    04-12-11 05:19 PM
    I use Fancy Characters and I don't think it causes memory leakage. But remember, different app will act different for different people.
    04-12-11 05:24 PM
    We have been moved
    04-12-11 05:38 PM
    Whole Crap! Why did this thread get moved?
    04-12-11 05:45 PM
    hmmm...well, have you installed anything new lately-apps? have you been changing themes/bw sets/wp's more that twice a day? IDK if it could be App World, i've had it on my phone, but never use it.

try to trace back your steps as to when you started to loose so much memory, and try to remember if you've installed anything new around that same time frame.

My bb has actually been pretty decent lately! I've actually refrained myself from changing themes 4x's a day, so now i actually use one theme for a full day and I just change wp's and bw sets-up to 3x's a day. I've averaged a loss of 5mb to 20mb. Today for some reason, I'm down 28mb already, but i've change bw sets about 6 times trying to find just the right one to use with the last wp i set lol.

and i'm probably going to delete fancy char and smiley pack off my bb....i don't even use it!
    The only things I have installed as far as app go recently are App World, BB Protect, and Fancy Characters.

I have been changing WP's quite a bit, but no more so than usual As for themes, I've been trying to set one for the whole day as well.
    So....back to experimenting
    Thanks for your help, P1nk

Actually it isn't that hard to change from OS6.0 icons to OS6.1 icons or the other way. Just a click and point to the set you want to use. I updated the themes I made and it took all of one minute. That's updated to OS6.1, RIM isn't going to tell me what I can do with my themes.
    I'm not going to change back to the older version of the themes either. That was my point earlier...how is RIM going to know what version icons I have? Geez.

Now...you make themes Are you holding out on us

I use Fancy Characters and I don't think it causes memory leakage. But remember, different app will act different for different people.
    True that. I'm just going to delete it to see if that is the culprit. It's just bugging me...I mean 30mb Not as bad as Jaydee, but for me it's not normal.
    Good thing I did all that shrinking and gained all that memory, because now it's just leaking away, lol!
    04-12-11 05:49 PM
    HA! To try and defend the indefensible, it does kind of fit better in the rehab section, even though all of the posts ARE about one device in particular and concerning problems and solutions concerning that particular device. Other than that, I'm going to go ahead and say this is certainly some form of further backlash for things that happened a few days ago. My reasoning being that the content of the thread has not really changed for months, and if it was appropriate to reside in the 9650 forum in January, then it is now too.

04-12-11 05:58 PM
    HA! To try and defend the indefensible, it does kind of fit better in the rehab section, even though all of the posts ARE about one device in particular and concerning problems and solutions concerning that particular device. Other than that, I'm going to go ahead and say this is certainly some form of further backlash for things that happened a few days ago. My reasoning being that the content of the thread has not really changed for months, and if it was appropriate to reside in the 9650 forum in January, then it is now too.

EDIT: Confirmed thread was moved because of problems with poster (and my subsequent response) who called me names and sent me an unwanted sexually harrassing pm.

Nothing saying we can't post here you know; as we're still the Ramblers. If I had any friend who is a mod, I'd ask. But alas. I have pissed them all off! If you don't see me here...you know where to find me.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-19-11 at 10:25 AM.
    04-12-11 06:03 PM
    I'm not going to change back to the older version of the themes either. That was my point earlier...how is RIM going to know what version icons I have? Geez.

Now...you make themes Are you holding out on us
    Yes, I do make themes. Here's the latest one I made.

Last edited by middbrew; 04-12-11 at 06:10 PM.
    04-12-11 06:06 PM
23,186 ... 550551552553554 ...