Midd, they are pretty much the same app, but I think with MB you also get a reboot function (?) if i rem correctly.

BattEx menus have alarms, radio&wifi opts-to turn on/loff, standby opts-with a menu of exceptions to choose from, you can display the mem ex or not, E screen (i never used) and skins-if your looking to make your screen look pretty with an icon

BattEx icon, whether on your homescreen or not-depending what you choose to show, will display the batt% level, temp, time and voltage.

I think thats about it, if i missed any, someone please add on Tks!

Hope this helps you Midd.
    Thanks P1nk! Very helpful.
    04-11-11 07:40 AM
    Thanks P1nk! Very helpful.
    great, I'm glad to help you out for a change
    04-11-11 07:42 AM
    You know what? I use BattEx JUST for the skins!
    LOL
    it does show the same things as MB although with the paid app...full version, you can force memory cleaning, remember Pink? You can free up memory. MB does that on a schedule basis behind the scene. On BattEx you actually do it manually.

But Fixmo does the same thing so...how many memory cleaning apps do we need? lol
    ThePinkChameleon and middbrew like this.
    04-11-11 07:49 AM
    LOL
    it does show the same things as MB although with the paid app...full version, you can force memory cleaning, remember Pink? You can free up memory. MB does that on a schedule basis behind the scene. On BattEx you actually do it manually.

But Fixmo does the same thing so...how many memory cleaning apps do we need? lol
    awww shoot! your right Jaydee! See, I knew i'd forget something, and that's an important factor in the BattEx app, because I use that function all the time through out the day!

Thanks Jaydee
    04-11-11 07:52 AM
    LOL

You can also reset the memory manually with MB as well. I have both Fixmo and MB so I might pass on BX as it's not that important to me to have the skins. Than again it is free today....
    04-11-11 07:57 AM
    Hey guys, I reviewed the new theme that Skyboxer has been beta testing for Russ called Reflex. I think some of you saw the review already Thanks for the nice comments!

When it is released...prob Wednesday he says, you should really buy it! It is as wonderful as I said in the review!

Thanks again Skyboxer for putting me in touch with Russ!!!
    I gave you props in the review as well!
    04-11-11 08:06 AM
    Hey guys, I reviewed the new theme that Skyboxer has been beta testing for Russ called Reflex. I think some of you saw the review already Thanks for the nice comments!

When it is released...prob Wednesday he says, you should really buy it! It is as wonderful as I said in the review!

I did see it, I looked first thing this morn! LOL I've been waiting for this theme to drop and I even have my index card with the shortcuts labeled all ready to go! Wednesday can't come fast enough!!!!!
    04-11-11 08:10 AM
    Guys, if you go to App World today thru the end of the week, you can get BGT's Technic theme for free.

Check out more on Berry Good Themes website.

SORRY!!! Not for OS6

BOOHOO
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-11-11 at 09:07 AM.
    04-11-11 08:40 AM

Just read the review....very nice looking theme...can't wait
    04-11-11 09:49 AM
    Hi all, regarding gps on for poynt, not much help as I use gps for google maps only. I'd be lost with out it. Re batt ex, I keep the memory indicator icon which shows current memory status, but keep it hidden so not to clutter my home screen. It's really the only thing about it I use daily. For battery I prefer "vorino". Shows percent, has a nice icon and I also usually keep it hidden. Not sure why everybody needs a memory cleaner as the bold's own works great. When my free mem drops below about 82% it auto cleans itself. I never worry about it. I do like my clean theme and the wallpaper changer app keeps it fresh.
    Got a question for the guru's. When loading an os/hybrid via app loader recently I got an app loader broken error and did I want to search the web for a solution. I just quit, rebooted the lappy and tried a diff os file. Same results. Is the app loader being installed originally a result of a DM action when I first fired my BB up and connected? Not sure how it came to be, it's just there so can it wear out and be broken? Are my os via app loader installation days over? Guess I need to do some research, just thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever gotten the "broken" error. I am running a 64bit wm7, but I also have a 32bit vista machine so I could have tried that I suppose. Don't want to end up with 2 broken app loaders. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 10:10 AM
    Regarding my app loader issue. If I delete/ remove DM from my laptop then reinstall would that give me a new app loader?

04-11-11 10:13 AM
    As I recall, Apploader is installed with DM. Reinstalling DM should restore the broken parts of Apploader. In don't know if the reinstalled DM will find any of your backups.

04-11-11 10:42 AM
    As I recall, Apploader is installed with DM. Reinstalling DM should restore the broken parts of Apploader. In don't know if the reinstalled DM will find any of your backups.

Thanks and this is kind of what I thought, a 2nd opinion is nice tho. I would just delete the old DM and install a new one then do a back up right away. I probably wore out app loader with all my os installs.

04-11-11 10:49 AM
    Apploader is installed with DM. Sorry I didn't think of that when I responded to the PM. As far as old backup files they shouldn't be affected and the new DM should find them easily. I would make a backup copy of the backups and place them in a different location just to be safe.
    04-11-11 01:21 PM
    I re-installed DM after first clearing out all trace of the old one. I re-backed up everything so I'm good to go. I think I'll wait for King's official release so he'll be done with all the tweaks before testing my new app laoder. I must say his current hybrid I loaded the other day is really smooth and sweet. I don't see how it could get any better, but they always do.

Last edited by cbreze; 04-11-11 at 05:16 PM.
    04-11-11 05:12 PM
    Hey Ramblers! I just found Bob!!! He's very busy (you know how busy retired folk are!) But he said to say hi to everyone and that he must hurry back and straighten me out! lol
    04-11-11 07:51 PM
    Hey Ramblers! I just found Bob!!! He's very busy (you know how busy retired folk are!) But he said to say hi to everyone and that he must hurry back and straighten me out! lol
    Ha ha. Good ol Bob. Glad to hear.

04-11-11 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the update Jaydee, and glad he's doing well, just being a busy little retiree!

Hopefully he'll be back soon to catch up!
    04-11-11 07:54 PM
    yay! you found him!! Busy golfing, I imagine
    Good to know he's well!
    04-11-11 08:00 PM
    Hi all, regarding gps on for poynt, not much help as I use gps for google maps only. I'd be lost with out it. Re batt ex, I keep the memory indicator icon which shows current memory status, but keep it hidden so not to clutter my home screen. It's really the only thing about it I use daily. For battery I prefer "vorino". Shows percent, has a nice icon and I also usually keep it hidden. Not sure why everybody needs a memory cleaner as the bold's own works great. When my free mem drops below about 82% it auto cleans itself. I never worry about it. I do like my clean theme and the wallpaper changer app keeps it fresh.
    Got a question for the guru's. When loading an os/hybrid via app loader recently I got an app loader broken error and did I want to search the web for a solution. I just quit, rebooted the lappy and tried a diff os file. Same results. Is the app loader being installed originally a result of a DM action when I first fired my BB up and connected? Not sure how it came to be, it's just there so can it wear out and be broken? Are my os via app loader installation days over? Guess I need to do some research, just thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever gotten the "broken" error. I am running a 64bit wm7, but I also have a 32bit vista machine so I could have tried that I suppose. Don't want to end up with 2 broken app loaders. .

Regarding my app loader issue. If I delete/ remove DM from my laptop then reinstall would that give me a new app loader?

Thanks and this is kind of what I thought, a 2nd opinion is nice tho. I would just delete the old DM and install a new one then do a back up right away. I probably wore out app loader with all my os installs.

Apploader is installed with DM. Sorry I didn't think of that when I responded to the PM. As far as old backup files they shouldn't be affected and the new DM should find them easily. I would make a backup copy of the backups and place them in a different location just to be safe.
    While loading DM will install the AppLoader folder, and loader.exe, which I assume is what you're talking about, the problem was almost guaranteed to be a driver issue, which installing DM again repaired. You don't need DM to install an OS. Remove it, and delete the AppLoader folder from your PC. Install an OS, and you'll see that loader.exe is right where it belongs and works perfectly. I certainly wouldn't recommend it though, as you'll have no way to do a backup before hand.

Evening Ramblers
    04-11-11 08:51 PM
    Hey Ramblers, Al's new theme is out. By royal decree from the Queen, it looks to be a keeper.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...k-more-603757/
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-11-11 10:30 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick hello and wishing you all well as the week moves forward. Per batteryex, I have been using meterberry and do find the info useful. Also use the reboot feature as needed. One quick question....I know many of you use bbm to communicate with each other. To be honest, I have never used it (no friends) . I assume it is a very secure way to communicate. Am I right? Thanks for your time everyone.
    04-11-11 10:43 PM
    [b][color=#000066]While loading DM will install the AppLoader folder, and loader.exe, which I assume is what you're talking about, the problem was almost guaranteed to be a driver issue, which installing DM again repaired.
    That's probably right. I didn't even think of a driver issue as possibility. I'm thinking reinstalling DM did the trick then, just gotta test it now. Thanks for the input.
    04-12-11 12:14 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick hello and wishing you all well as the week moves forward. Per batteryex, I have been using meterberry and do find the info useful. Also use the reboot feature as needed. One quick question....I know many of you use bbm to communicate with each other. To be honest, I have never used it (no friends) . I assume it is a very secure way to communicate. Am I right? Thanks for your time everyone.
    BBM and PIN messaging is fairly secure in comparison to open SMS and email. Data within the Blackberry system is scrambled as it's compressed. The only devices that can descramble and decompress the data are registered Blackberry devices. Remember that BBM and PIN messaging stay within the Blackberry system -- they don't travel in the open across the Internet, like a regular SMS or email. It's not secure in the true sense, but it's a lot better than whatever security your carrier (and the other carriers that provide transmission support) uses or doesn't use. Here's a link to something I posted about this a few weeks back in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/essex-post-release-ramblings-353100/index908.html#post6180904

As I understand it, all 3G systems are not created equal. I'm sure that someone will jump in and recalibrate me if I have this wrong. The CDMA system used by Sprint and Big Red is supposedly more secure than the GSM systems utilized by TMO and AT&T. CDMA is not unbreakable, it's just a little more difficult. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying that GSM is not secure. Nor can I determine just how much better secured CDMA might be. The difference might be negligible. However slight or not slight, the difference apparently has something to do with the way the CDMA signal is coded, divided and multiplexed. I'm not sure the difference is substantial enough to be a consideration when you choose your carrier. There are scores of CDMA primers out there that can give much more detail as to how that works.
    Last edited by Underway99; 04-12-11 at 12:45 AM.
    04-12-11 12:39 AM
    Hey Ramblers, Al's new theme is out. By royal decree from the Queen, it looks to be a keeper.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f212/fr...k-more-603757/
    tyvm for posting the link here Underway! it was quite a challenge this morning at 6:05am with one eye open downloading Al's latest&greatest creation!
    Hi everyone,

Hi runkle! Glad to hear your doing well, and recovery is going good. Are you also going to be doing any kind of PT for your neck as well?

G'morn all! Nice ss's Jaydee & Hamster of Al's theme

Just waiting on Reflex now....AND then I think I will have all the themes I could possibly want on my baby! Each has different functions/looks bringing a new story to my bb everyday

Until another new theme comes along that i'm jones'in for!

Also, BTW for those of you that have Ssix, I rec'd and email sometime last week with an update for OS6.1 icons. Now this morn, I just received another update for Ssix. Raypho was asked by RIM to remove the OS6.1 icons from his theme, so there is an email sent out to "upgrade" back to the orignal looking theme, with 6.0 icons.

NOW i wonder, for all the other themers that are using 6.1 icons, (like Al's Times), will they ALL be asked to re-vamp their themes back as well ????
    04-12-11 07:48 AM
23,186 ... 549550551552553 ...