Middbrew, how's v4? Can you speak of it? The rest of us peons including any dukes have to wait till Sunday.
    04-08-11 12:08 PM
    So far very good. I'm just now getting to try out stuff like browsing. It will be a little later before I can say if the battery life is like the rest of his builds as I've been adding and subtracting app a lot.
    04-08-11 12:28 PM
    Jaydee, one of my kids put LiveProfile on their bb, and it did nothing but cause problems. Battery & just acting wacky. Mind you its a Curve 8530 OS5, but still didnt respond very well. Deleted it within an hour of installing.

anyone having internet issues? i did a 3 finger and a BP, now i'm showing 1X only. strangely enough, i'm getting an email or 2 here and there still
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-08-11 at 12:47 PM.
    04-08-11 12:45 PM
    anyone having internet issues? i did a 3 finger and a BP, now i'm showing 1X only. strangely enough, i'm getting an email or 2 here and there still
    Sounds like a local issue. Everything is fine here in sunny Southern Illinois.
    04-08-11 12:49 PM
    Sounds like a local issue. Everything is fine here in sunny Southern Illinois.
    Yea, idk whats going on. I just updated the PRL and now the signal is "1x" whereas before it was a "1X" BUT i'm getting onto OM and the oem broswer no prob now. If i need to i'll do a bp again later.

Someone refresh my memory, the "1x" mean just what?
    EDIT: nm
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-08-11 at 01:20 PM.
    04-08-11 12:59 PM
    Yea, idk whats going on. I just updated the PRL and now the signal is "1x" whereas before it was a "1X" BUT i'm getting onto OM and the oem broswer no prob now. If i need to i'll do a bp again later.

Someone refresh my memory, the "1x" mean just what?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/1x-1...erecnes-90752/
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-08-11 01:22 PM
    thanks for that Midd, I actually found a diff thread on it, but nothing jives with what I've got! LOL

My bb shows a "1x" and I've got data on OM, the oem browser, email and sms msg'ing. LOL. Explain that one! In fact I'm posting this from my bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 01:27 PM
    Hmm, the EV part of 1XEV is for data! You are truly a novelty among BB users. A pioneer and trend setter.
    04-08-11 01:31 PM
    Hmm, the EV part of 1XEV is for data! You are truly a novelty among BB users. A pioneer and trend setter.
    LOL!

p.s.-my ocd is really getting to me cuz looking at that stupid f*ckin 1x is driving me crazy!! I can show you a screen shot of the "1x" if you want me to!
    I want to see the 3G symbol
    04-08-11 01:35 PM
    LOL!

p.s.-my ocd is really getting to me cuz looking at that stupid f*ckin 1x is driving me crazy!! I can show you a screen shot of the "1x" if you want me to!
    I want to see the 3G symbol
    Try a battery pull. It might just be a quirk in the system.
    04-08-11 01:46 PM
    I was doing a bp prob just as you posted that,lol. So my 3G is back, but now my BW is not updating-it keeps failing-so now I have to prob delete it and re-install!

This hap'd to me a couple w/ends ago too with BW! If its not one thing its another!

04-08-11 02:14 PM
    ok, well, I went into BW and set up just as usual, and whatever the issue was, it must've jarred it because it then update no prob

The screen was black with "no data" showing so idk what the issue was. But its working now.

04-08-11 02:35 PM
    Glad you got everything to work out. BW will do that from time to time, especially when installing a new OS but also it will just do that after a reboot. Guessing it takes sometime to totally sync with it's server to send data.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-08-11 02:39 PM
    thanks Midd. And ya know what, that must be like you said with their servers that sometimes it doesn't catch right away. When that hap'd to me 2 w/ends ago, it was right after a reboot when I had the same issue! Ok, well at least I'll know if it hap's again to give it like 10mins to catch up.

Thanks for the input on that

04-08-11 03:02 PM
    Anybody going to jump on the Q/L update? I've been using the universal search launch from Q/L feature already ever since the last update I think,(handy feature for us with custom themes) not sure that is new. The auto fill would be good maybe for folks with tons of apps or who otherwise need it. I just C/P my app codes. Forum sites save my log-in, so again no biggie. I 'll probably stay as is.
    04-08-11 03:55 PM
    thanks for that Midd, I actually found a diff thread on it, but nothing jives with what I've got! LOL

My bb shows a "1x" and I've got data on OM, the oem browser, email and sms msg'ing. LOL. Explain that one! In fact I'm posting this from my bb!
    I get the 1X occasionally and understand it to mean I'm on a slower data system and can do calls no problem. It means the 3G is temp out of whack. Unless I'm in a very rural area it always comes back pretty fast. Never had to reboot yet to make it happen.
    As for BW, mine goes out from time to time and interestingly enough sometimes it's only some of the ten locations I monitor. Rarely is it every one of the ten. So I dunno, but it usually works fine most of the time.
    04-08-11 04:00 PM
    Anybody going to jump on the Q/L update? I've been using the universal search launch from Q/L feature already ever since the last update I think,(handy feature for us with custom themes) not sure that is new. The auto fill would be good maybe for folks with tons of apps or who otherwise need it. I just C/P my app codes. Forum sites save my log-in, so again no biggie. I 'll probably stay as is.
    i rec'd the email this morn about the QL update also, but I'm gonna stay where I'm at also
    I get the 1X occasionally and understand it to mean I'm on a slower data system and can do calls no problem. It means the 3G is temp out of whack. Unless I'm in a very rural area it always comes back pretty fast. Never had to reboot yet to make it happen.
    As for BW, mine goes out from time to time and interestingly enough sometimes it's only some of the ten locations I monitor. Rarely is it every one of the ten. So I dunno, but it usually works fine most of the time.
    Jim, idk what happened today, but all of a sudden my OM wouldn't load and the oem browser wouldn't either. So i fig'd the area i was just in had bad signal and I rebooted. It's when I rebooted I had the "1x" not "1X" BUT I still had internet, email, etc. Any rate, long story short, I did a PRL update and then rebooted and my 3G symbol came back. alls good now, on a rare occassion I do have to reboot when that happens.
    04-08-11 05:34 PM
    I took the update. I have not been able to make the QL GPS toggle work with any of the OS6 variants, and I wanted to see if it had been fixed. It has, btw. I too was already using the universal search shortcut, and there were no other changes that just jumped up at me. I'll keep it because of the GPS fix.
    04-08-11 05:43 PM
    FileScout is the OfferedApp today. I haven't used it but there are a lot of people that think this is a great app.
    04-09-11 09:33 AM
    Hey Ramblers!
    Got a full day ahead of me so I'm checking in and checking out!

Skyboxer-thanks for sending Russ my info! I have the theme and as early as tomorrow will do his review of Reflex. Looks great! I am currently beat testing for Al3azim.

BTW- Al's latest...working title Timed...is something you will like. ALl of you who enjoy Al3azim's themes: functional shortcuts, smooth theme, no lag, and this time he added a little something different for him. A departure of sorts!
    God knows I can't post screen shots! The King and Duke and everyone else who be after me if I do.

Midd-Thank you for coming to my aid in that thread where Norli the asswipe started with me. I had a post removed and so did he. He's nothing but trouble and Norway must be ashamed that he is representing them.

I have File Manager Pro and love it. But a lot of people use File Scout and I wonder if it is smaller in size and works differently with memory. Going over to offeredapp to see what the story is! Thanks!

Have a good day everyone!!!
    04-09-11 09:40 AM
    Hey Ramblers!

Skyboxer-thanks for sending Russ my info! I have the theme and as early as tomorrow will do his review of Reflex. Looks great! I am currently beat testing for Al3azim.

BTW- Al's latest...working title Timed...is something you will like. ALl of you who enjoy Al3azim's themes: functional shortcuts, smooth theme, no lag, and this time he added a little something different for him. A departure of sorts!
    God knows I can't post screen shots! The King and Duke and everyone else who be after me if I do.

Midd-Thank you for coming to my aid in that thread where Norli the asswipe started with me. I had a post removed and so did he. He's nothing but trouble and Norway must be ashamed that he is representing them.

I have File Manager Pro and love it. But a lot of people use File Scout and I wonder if it is smaller in size and works differently with memory. Going over to offeredapp to see what the story is! Thanks!

No problem Jaydee, you know if I can I will have your back. That guy is getting plain annoying.

I haven't get the FileScout app yet, think I'm going to like it. We'll see.
    04-09-11 10:22 AM
    The trackpad on my 9650 Bold is raised on the left side a little bit. Does anyone else have this issue????
    04-09-11 10:48 AM
    I took the update. I have not been able to make the QL GPS toggle work with any of the OS6 variants, and I wanted to see if it had been fixed. It has, btw. I too was already using the universal search shortcut, and there were no other changes that just jumped up at me. I'll keep it because of the GPS fix.
    Thanks for letting me know about the gps working. That alone makes me want to do the upgrade. I really missed that feature.

04-09-11 01:36 PM
    The trackpad on my 9650 Bold is raised on the left side a little bit. Does anyone else have this issue????
    Thanks, for posting, I thought I was the only one. We really, really, really need some new input to an old issue thats been discussed to death, but not in Norway apparently
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-09-11 at 05:28 PM.
    04-09-11 01:38 PM
    Hey Ramblers!

I am soooo looking forward to both of these themes! Do you know, (if your able to share the info), when both of these themes will be released?

I'm also looking forward to reading your review of Reflex as well
    04-09-11 02:32 PM
23,186 ... 547548549550551 ...