New email filter: contains any of the following: screenie, screenies, screen cap, screen capture, jaydee, jaydee5799

That is not funny! How dare you filter out the Queen!!!
    A week in the dungeon for you!
    04-06-11 09:18 AM
    Been doing fine. Work has kept me busy. I see yall still got the ramblings going strong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    absolutely! theres always something to chit chat about
    New email filter: contains any of the following: screenie, screenies, screen cap, screen capture, jaydee, jaydee5799
    OoOoOoOoOoO!! you bannned the queen?! your in BIG trouble buddy! I foresee the moat for you!
    Kaboom...The explosion continues....Check out Trail by Raypho...

I don't see Hamster or P1nk in those email filters.....

So, I've been getting these emails from RIM about Blackberry Protect...What do you guys think?
    I was just getting ready to clean out the theme closet again! So now I have another to check out Rubus and Claro are still on my "to do list"

AH-HA! not I didn't see Pink or Hamster on that list either

As for BB Protect i've rec'd emails on it too but I actually use Mobile Recovery free from VzW which does the same thing. It was free because My son & I have full ins coverage on our bb's right now.
    04-06-11 09:27 AM
    FYI: the free app at offerapp.com today is meterberry. If you don't have it I highly recommend it.

04-06-11 10:48 AM
    So, I've been getting these emails from RIM about Blackberry Protect...What do you guys think?
    I think blackBerry Protect is one of (if not the) best app RIM every came out with. It will backup your data and apps automatically, gives you the option to remote wipe the device (great of you lose it and don't want your stuff seen by other), can allow you to see where your BB is if you lose it, and transfer stuff to another BB. I would get it if you don't have it already.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-11 11:01 AM
    Gets pretty hot here in Raleigh as well..temps near 100 of above, but it's the humidity that kills us....can't escape it...However, I must say, I will take heat over cold anytime...had enough of it when I lived in Toronto..
    We get a fair share of humidity also, but fortunately not as bad as yours. I don't mind the heat during the day if the nights cool off. But when the humidity gets up there the nights are as bad as the days. AC is running alot
    04-06-11 11:40 AM
    Ha ha ha ha ha

you bannned the queen?! your in BIG trouble buddy! I foresee the moat for you!
    I'll have to check with bla1ze on that one
    04-06-11 11:43 AM
    FYI: the free app at offerapp.com today is meterberry. If you don't have it I highly recommend it.
    Any chance for a better link. this goes to a homepage and clicking on anything brings up a broken link from my laptop. It doesn't seem very phone browser friendly either.
    I finally got into it, but the meterberry search just brings up web links to diff sites. Did you actually get it here or just see it?
    Wow, one broken link after another. I give up
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-06-11 at 11:53 AM.
    04-06-11 11:47 AM
    HAHAHA

If it's a choice between the dungeon and seeing all those screenshots, the dungeon might be the lesser of the two evils.
    04-06-11 11:47 AM
    HAHAHA

If it's a choice between the dungeon and seeing all those screenshots, the dungeon might be the lesser of the two evils.
    Imagine a dungeon filled with forced viewing of foo foo screenies. ARGGG!! that'd be worse than waterboarding and definitely inhumane.
    04-06-11 11:57 AM
    Bingo! The dungeon is all prettied up with flowery wp's and such! Enjoy your time boys!
    Jaydee, I just read your review on Gloss, very nicely done!

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-06-11 12:09 PM
    Regarding meter berry. Those of you who use it I'm trying to figure out what makes it a must have kind of app. As far as battery monitoring battery ex does that pretty well for me. I mean if I was having battery issues to begin with then maybe. As far as memory monitoring battery ex does that also and in one click I can see it, so not sure about that need either, now of course if I had a serious leak then it could maybe be useful tracking it. The rest of the memory can be easily seen and the bold replenishes it regularly anyway automatically thru it's own built in system. For scheduling reboots I think Q/L does that if I wanted to do so. I prefer to do it manually anyway with the 3 key method.
    So if your bold has certain issues I could see maybe this being helpful as far as tracking stuff. I don't really care how long it's been since the bold has been running since the last reboot, as I already know I rebooted when I got up that morning.
    So helpful for some perhaps, but to me I think I have enough redundancy already.
    Anyway, thats my take without even trying it, just reading about it.
    I think Jaydee found it useful for all her bold's issues, maybe some others as well. just my $.02
    04-06-11 12:25 PM
    now that I found a working OTA link, I'm trying it out. I'll report back.
    04-06-11 12:28 PM
    Regarding meter berry. Those of you who use it I'm trying to figure out what makes it a must have kind of app. As far as battery monitoring battery ex does that pretty well for me. I mean if I was having battery issues to begin with then maybe. As far as memory monitoring battery ex does that also and in one click I can see it, so not sure about that need either, now of course if I had a serious leak then it could maybe be useful tracking it. The rest of the memory can be easily seen and the bold replenishes it regularly anyway automatically thru it's own built in system. For scheduling reboots I think Q/L does that if I wanted to do so. I prefer to do it manually anyway with the 3 key method.
    So if your bold has certain issues I could see maybe this being helpful as far as tracking stuff. I don't really care how long it's been since the bold has been running since the last reboot, as I already know I rebooted when I got up that morning.
    So helpful for some perhaps, but to me I think I have enough redundancy already.
    I think Jaydee found it useful for all her bold's issues, maybe some others as well. just my $.02
    Jim,
    Since the rest of the guys are contemplating their week's respite in a dungeon wallpapered with flowers...I will tell you about Meterberry. I do like it for all my bold's problems. I use it to keep track of memory usage...leakage rather. Also, because I have an extended battery, I use it to monitor my berry's internal temp since I had that overheating issue a while back. I also use it to reboot my berry.

I find myself keeping it installed and operational on my berry.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-06-11 at 01:08 PM.
    04-06-11 01:05 PM
    You have a valid point that all those other apps do what meterberry does, but I like the fact they are all on one app. I got rid of battery ex, don't use QL, and it is much easier to have the app restart the BB if that's what I want (I don't). As Jaydee said it also tracts your battery temp. One thing it has that all the other apps don't is it has a very detailed log of all those things every time something changes. Maybe that's just the geek in me, but I like that feature. And it's free.
    04-06-11 01:24 PM
    Wow, you don't use Q/L? My all time fav and most used app.

04-06-11 02:21 PM
    Ok Midd. I downloaded and installed BlackBerry Protect and ran it once. Looks very easy to use and if it does what it says...I'm liking it a LOT!!!!
    Wish it would backup a few other things tho.

But its a start.
    Thanks for the info!!
    04-06-11 02:29 PM
    Wow, you don't use Q/L? My all time fav and most used app.

I know most people think it's the greatest thing since the hula hoop. But I just haven't used it that much. Maybe I need to spend a little more time with it and I would like it more.
    04-06-11 02:31 PM
    As for BB Protect i've rec'd emails on it too but I actually use Mobile Recovery free from VzW which does the same thing. It was free because My son & I have full ins coverage on our bb's right now.
    Good to know - didn't even know VZW had that...

I think blackBerry Protect is one of (if not the) best app RIM every came out with. It will backup your data and apps automatically, gives you the option to remote wipe the device (great of you lose it and don't want your stuff seen by other), can allow you to see where your BB is if you lose it, and transfer stuff to another BB. I would get it if you don't have it already.
    Thanks, Midd...I'll have a look at it..sounds like a useful app to have.

We get a fair share of humidity also, but fortunately not as bad as yours. I don't mind the heat during the day if the nights cool off. But when the humidity gets up there the nights are as bad as the days. AC is running alot
    +1 AC running all the time here in the summer. The heat index sometimes reaches 115 or so, and the nights aren't any better

now that I found a working OTA link, I'm trying it out. I'll report back.
    Great. I was wondering what the deal was with this app..I mean they're really pushing it, so there has to be something to it, right?
    Midd uses it and says its a good one.
    04-06-11 02:35 PM
    Ok Midd. I downloaded and installed BlackBerry Protect and ran it once. Looks very easy to use and if it does what it says...I'm liking it a LOT!!!!
    Wish it would backup a few other things tho.

But its a start.
    Thanks for the info!!
    No problem Jaydee. The best thing I like about it is you can set it to back up automatically so you never have to go without a copy of your stuff.

I agree it could do more, so hopefully in the near future it will add more options.
    04-06-11 02:36 PM
    The first thing RIM could do with BB Protect is put an OTA link on the page.

Hey RIM: not everyone likes your piece of sh!t App World, get over it and put up OTAs.
    04-06-11 02:41 PM

Hey RIM: not everyone likes your piece of sh!t App World, get over it and put up OTAs.
    King of Snark

I like App World now. Its so easy to use and they have a lot of stuff there.
    04-06-11 02:46 PM
    King of Snark

Well, it's a good thing I just re-installed it the other day...

So, Paul did you actually try it yet? I think I'm just going to install it. Thanks, Midd for letting us know!
    I need the protection
    04-06-11 02:49 PM
    King of Snark

Does it still leak memory? Mysteriously uninstall itself? No thanks, I don't need an app to download apps

I am the King of Snark!
    04-06-11 02:49 PM

That would be nice to have it OTA. If you want one I will put one up.

P.S. Keep on Snarking!
    04-06-11 03:06 PM
    Well, it's a good thing I just re-installed it the other day...

So, Paul did you actually try it yet? I think I'm just going to install it. Thanks, Midd for letting us know!
    I need the protection
    Yes, I like it, did the back up, and did the locate device, and wow! It was spot on.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-06-11 03:09 PM
23,186 ... 543544545546547 ...