jaydee, I have a simple question I'm sure you can shed some light on. Your opinion is what I'm looking for Remember yest I mentioned I have 31 themes on my bb and I was going to delete at least 2 of them?

Well, my question is, how many is too many to keep on the bb itself? Right now I have 273mb on reboot. Should I be worried there's too many themes on my bb to handle? I honestly use all those, except for the 2 I'll be deleting-which will leave me with 29 on my bb. What's your thoughts on this? (Keep in mind I only have 5-10 apps on my bb as well) TIA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Pink,
    I would say that you could carry those themes and more but remember, they count against your device memory. If you find your bb acting sluggish, I would delete a few. I have the added trouble of 20 apps, 30 themes and a 70MB loss in a day. I find that when I get down to 170MB of memory left I don't like the way my phone works. So keep them on your phone. If things get laggy for no reason, well, do like I do and drop some for a while. I am seriously trying to keep at 20 or below.

I wish someone who understands memory issues could explain to us exactly what the detriments are of having so many themes installed...maybe Underway or Bob...

Where the **** IS Bob?????
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-05-11 12:49 PM
    Ty Jaydee

Yes, I do understand the themes go against my device mem, that's why I included the 273 #. I do notice with every new theme I install, depending on the size of the theme, I loose a bit off that #. As for my mem leak, I can go every other day now & then do a reboot. Your braver than I am, I don't let my bb go below 220. When it reaches that # that's when I rebot.

And your right, WHERE THE **** IS BOB?!?!

04-05-11 01:05 PM
    Hamster, I found a theme you may be interested in. I know you like Paris, and this one is based on Paris!

Heres the link to the CB Store to check it out. the only thing is the wp is NOT customizable. But it does look nice.

Memoires de Paris Theme - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

and yes, I'm theme shopping again
    04-05-11 05:50 PM
    Hamster, I found a theme you may be interested in. I know you like Paris, and this one is based on Paris!

Heres the link to the CB Store to check it out. the only thing is the wp is NOT customizable. But it does look nice.

Memoires de Paris Theme - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

and yes, I'm theme shopping again
    ooh la la...J'aime Paris! Thank-you, P1nk..I do like it, and such cool little icons
    Hmmm...wonder if the black Amex has any room left?
    04-05-11 06:03 PM
    oh but of course! The BlackAmex has NO LIMIT! I just gotta rem to pay the bill at the end of every month LOL!

I'm glad you like it-i immediately thought of you when I saw it! I just purchased 'PinkLuck' and I'm considering 'Rubus' also Vsuga & Andyahs posted some really nice ss's with Rubus!

Jaydee, how are you liking 'Gloss' so far?

04-05-11 06:11 PM
    oh but of course! The BlackAmex has NO LIMIT! I just gotta rem to pay the bill at the end of every month LOL!

I'm glad you like it-i immediately thought of you when I saw it! I just purchased 'PinkLuck' and I'm considering 'Rubus' also Vsuga & Andyahs posted some really nice ss's with Rubus!

Jaydee, how are you liking 'Gloss' so far?

Ahh...If only I could be there! I might just have to max out the card this month
    Pooter has some nice themes - I really like them. Rubus is a nice one and have considered it myself...the other one of his I like is Claro...check it out.
    04-05-11 06:33 PM
    ahhhhh! I will check Claro out! I agree, Pooter does have nice themes also thanks for the word!

04-05-11 06:42 PM
    Gals...loving Gloss. Of course, I got my custom Al3azim Tabbed today so I've been playing with that...
    I have to use Gloss tomorrow and write a review or I will be hearing it from someone.

I missed themes so much after I left OS5...Thank GOD they're back!!!
    04-05-11 06:52 PM
    Gals...loving Gloss. Of course, I got my custom Al3azim Tabbed today so I've been playing with that...
    I have to use Gloss tomorrow and write a review or I will be hearing it from someone.

I missed themes so much after I left OS5...Thank GOD they're back!!!
    I'm so glad to hear your really enjoying it! Get that review written woman!LOL

I'm even afraid to admit all the years I've used bb's that (whispers) i never put a theme on any of my bb's till you guys in here talked me into NewBerry

Now, I can't imagine my baby without'em!!! I just got PinkLuck by Tech Revive and set it up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink color in it! I'll be posting screenies shortly......RELAX GUYS! Not posting in here!LOL
    04-05-11 07:02 PM
    Might have to change the rambler thread to rambling theme discussion. .
    Oh well, at least no screenies today.

04-05-11 07:10 PM
    Jim, tell me its warm in AZ cause I still have snow that I'm hoarding up here in NY!

I tried to take down my outdoor Christmas lights (it's April, ok?) and they are FROZEN IN THE SNOW PILES YET!!!!

God help us! Will Spring ever come?
    04-05-11 07:42 PM
    I can't wait to read your review! Gloss is so versatile..you can do so much with it.

@ Jim: There has been an explosion of themes lately that's for sure. By us discussing it here gives all you guys your own personal reviews, lol. Are you sure you don't want screenies so you can decide if you like them???

04-05-11 07:42 PM
    Are you sure you don't want screenies so you can decide if you like them???

Hamster, I just heard about half a dozen grown men start to cry!!!!!!
    04-05-11 07:44 PM
    LMAO!!!! Probably why many of them are hiding lately:-)

04-05-11 07:50 PM
    @Jaydee, our snow finally melted completely about 2wks ago! And I was able to get our Christmas stuff down!

@Hamster, it seems to be good that we converse about themes here! We can get the scoop first hand on what's good!

04-05-11 07:50 PM
    LMAO! I thought I heard faint whimpering sounds!!

04-05-11 07:51 PM
    Whatever whining you may have thought you heard was merely us gentlemen lamenting the dismal NCAA final last night. As for screens to evaluate, we give way to the expertise of the females here. After all it is the same reason you see us sitting together in the middle of the mall waiting for all of you to finish your "shopping".
    04-05-11 09:34 PM
    Jim, tell me its warm in AZ cause I still have snow that I'm hoarding up here in NY!

I tried to take down my outdoor Christmas lights (it's April, ok?) and they are FROZEN IN THE SNOW PILES YET!!!!

God help us! Will Spring ever come?
    We've already had our first 100 degree day, on April fools, no less.
    Cooling back down tho to the mid sixties to mid seventies for another week. Our pre-summer warm up will then no doubt get cranked up and by June that 100 degree day will just be a fond memory as we hit 110 to 118. Hottest ever was 122 officially in late June of '92. They had to close Sky Harbor International airport for awhile because the tarmac was melting and the jets were getting bogged down, seriously. So enjoy your snow as long as you can and pack some up to send down here later please.
    Thats pretty funny about your Christmas lights. Christmases past here we've typically had the doors open to enjoy the nice weather.
    It's that trade off thing, either freeze your @ss off in the winter or burn you buns in the summer, take your pick. As we say around here "you don't have to shovel sunshine".I'm planning on being someplace cooler for alot of the hot summer. Ah, the retired life is SWEET!
    BTW: with all those themes you guys have on your bolds, how do you manage to lift them? I have 1

@ Jim: There has been an explosion of themes lately that's for sure. By us discussing it here gives all you guys your own personal reviews, lol. Are you sure you don't want screenies so you can decide if you like them???
    Thats what that noise was. Anybody hurt in the blast? Themes exploding....Sweet!
    BTW, where's bodeb Bob? The explosions scare him away?
    Last edited by cbreze; 04-05-11 at 11:23 PM.
    04-05-11 11:11 PM
    How are all the gamblers doing ? Hi pink hamster and jaydee.

04-06-11 07:43 AM
    The ITidiots here at work have blocked photobucket and a host of other sites, so feel free to screenie away, all I see are broken links.
    04-06-11 07:44 AM
    Cooling back down tho to the mid sixties to mid seventies for another week. Our pre-summer warm up will then no doubt get cranked up and by June that 100 degree day will just be a fond memory as we hit 110 to 118. Hottest ever was 122 officially in late June of '92. They had to close Sky Harbor International airport for awhile because the tarmac was melting and the jets were getting bogged down, seriously. So enjoy your snow as long as you can and pack some up to send down here later please.
    Thats pretty funny about your Christmas lights. Christmases past here we've typically had the doors open to enjoy the nice weather.
    It's that trade off thing, either freeze your @ss off in the winter or burn you buns in the summer, take your pick. As we say around here "you don't have to shovel sunshine".I'm planning on being someplace cooler for alot of the hot summer. Ah, the retired life is SWEET!
    BTW: with all those themes you guys have on your bolds, how do you manage to lift them? I have 1

Thats what that noise was. Anybody hurt in the blast? Themes exploding....Sweet!
    Jim, those are some crazy @ss hot summers! Whew! The hottest it got here last summer was 105! And man o man, that sucked in a big way!!!

Jaydee & I were wondering the same thing. She actually posted what i was thinking

Oh Bob, Oh Bob, come out come out where ever you are

Hello Buford! howya been?
    The ITidiots here at work have blocked photobucket and a host of other sites, so feel free to screenie away, all I see are broken links.
    awww schucks, that sucks! too bad, i'm SURE you wouldve enjoyed all the beautiful ss's
    04-06-11 07:49 AM
    Hi Buford, what's new? How are you doing?
    pcgizmo, we will email you screenies so you can have a personal collection!
    04-06-11 07:55 AM
    Been doing fine. Work has kept me busy. I see yall still got the ramblings going strong.

04-06-11 08:21 AM
    Hi Buford, what's new? How are you doing?
    pcgizmo, we will email you screenies so you can have a personal collection!
    New email filter: contains any of the following: screenie, screenies, screen cap, screen capture, jaydee, jaydee5799

04-06-11 08:27 AM

Gets pretty hot here in Raleigh as well..temps near 100 of above, but it's the humidity that kills us....can't escape it...However, I must say, I will take heat over cold anytime...had enough of it when I lived in Toronto..

Kaboom...The explosion continues....Check out Trail by Raypho...

Hello there, Buford! What's happening?!

Well didn't you get lucky All the other guys have gone into hiding...only the brave are venturing back in..

New email filter: contains any of the following: screenie, screenies, screen cap, screen capture, jaydee, jaydee5799

I don't see Hamster or P1nk in those email filters.....

So, I've been getting these emails from RIM about Blackberry Protect...What do you guys think?
    04-06-11 09:04 AM
23,186 ... 542543544545546 ...