Jaydee, I have a question for you being you mess with BbSak more than I do probably. I have 31 themes on my bb ATM. IDK if thats TOO MANY I just don't want to "overload" my bb. My file free on reboot is still at 275. My question is, if i do a BbSak back up, then delete a few themes on my bb just to trim the fat a bit (as Hamster sayslol) but then in the future decide oh i want 'such and such' back on. I can just easily do a BbSak restore of apps and put the .cod file back on correct? TIA for your input
    Yes, you can use BBSAK or BB Boss to back up apps including themes. You can then reload them later if you want. I keep a folder on my computer with all the apps I like on my phone and one for all my apps I might want on there. You can add as many as you want at a time or as few as you want.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-04-11 10:47 AM

Jaydee, I have a question for you being you mess with BbSak more than I do probably. I have 31 themes on my bb ATM. IDK if thats TOO MANY I just don't want to "overload" my bb. My file free on reboot is still at 275. My question is, if i do a BbSak back up, then delete a few themes on my bb just to trim the fat a bit (as Hamster sayslol) but then in the future decide oh i want 'such and such' back on. I can just easily do a BbSak restore of apps and put the .cod file back on correct? TIA for your input
    Pink,
    As Midd already said, I backup my apps with BBSAK and then keep a folder of all my themes in cod form. That way, I can just load the cod to my berry and reboot (it does automatically) and I have the theme back!
    04-04-11 11:05 AM
    If you ever decide to try the new BBM there are plenty of those here that would be willing to help you get through it. But, you would have to promise not to post any more of those flowery SS.
    You know we were just messing with you guys! But ok, it's a deal No more flowery ss

Hamster, when you purchased InSeven there was a choice to have it with os6 icons or custom icons. Maybe check your order if you don't rem. I took the custom icons, they look nice

As for Al's couple of themes he upgraded to OS6.1 icons, I havent even had a chance to look at that yet.

I honestly do have 2 themes I know I won't use that I'm going to delete.

TY Hamster, in a couple of days with antibios they'll be as good as new
    Gotta love the antibiotics! Glad to hear it!
    I'll check on the order for InSeven...I honestly don't remember...

Yes, you can use BBSAK or BB Boss to back up apps including themes. You can then reload them later if you want. I keep a folder on my computer with all the apps I like on my phone and one for all my apps I might want on there. You can add as many as you want at a time or as few as you want.
    maybe I'm missing something here. My mobi account has all my themes and apps...Could I not just add apps or themes back from there? I mean I back-up my device almost daily now (wonder why)..so is that not good enough?

Pink,
    As Midd already said, I backup my apps with BBSAK and then keep a folder of all my themes in cod form. That way, I can just load the cod to my berry and reboot (it does automatically) and I have the theme back!
    Same thing...does my daily back-up not have this?
    04-04-11 11:13 AM
    You know we were just messing with you guys! But ok, it's a deal No more flowery ss
    Yes, I know the three of you were just joking. I was funny, mean, but funny.

maybe I'm missing something here. My mobi account has all my themes and apps...Could I not just add apps or themes back from there? I mean I back-up my device almost daily now (wonder why)..so is that not good enough?

You are not missing anything. You are right, you can get them from the Mobihand store again. Sometimes its just easier to plug the phone into the computer and reload that way as opposed to resending an email or downloading it to your computer and loading it again.

Again you are right, your daily backup will have the CODs needed to reinstall your themes (and all your 3rd party apps).
    04-04-11 11:21 AM

One, I have apps I did not purchase at Mobihand or CB. They came from the developer's website. So that's one reason. But yes, you could redownload if you wanted to. I just find carrying the cods are easier and i like keeping a file of them on my sd card. That way, whether I'm at work or home, I can add them back without internet access. Yeah I know anal.

In my case, some of my themes are from other sources.
    Cods keep me happy. HAHA
    So do guns and tonics!!!!!
    04-04-11 11:31 AM
    Pink,
    TY Midd and Jaydee. this is exactly what i was thinking, but wanted to be sure before I x-nay any off my bb to make room for more themes

I'm looking into getting a 16g flash drive to dump my bb files on, like the bbsak, bw icons, bat ex set, & wp's.

Now, Jaydee, you said you keep the .cod files ON your bb, and then just install off of that when you don't have access to the internet? How are you doing this? did you create a folder thru your media card/blackberry/? and then, how do you install the cod file from your bb?

I'm curious as to how this functions with the cod files that way. Is it similar to how we install the fonts, click menu key and "install ttf" but for the cod file it would say something different?
    04-04-11 11:39 AM
    TY Midd and Jaydee. this is exactly what i was thinking, but wanted to be sure before I x-nay any off my bb to make room for more themes

I'm looking into getting a 16g flash drive to dump my bb files on, like the bbsak, bw icons, bat ex set, & wp's.

Now, Jaydee, you said you keep the .cod files ON your bb, and then just install off of that when you don't have access to the internet? How are you doing this? did you create a folder thru your media card/blackberry/? and then, how do you install the cod file from your bb?

I'm curious as to how this functions with the cod files that way. Is it similar to how we install the fonts, click menu key and "install ttf" but for the cod file it would say something different?
    Oh no, Pink, I'm sorry. I can't install cods that way. I can install jad and cods that way but without the jad...no dice. I just carry the cods with me to install wherever I am USING a PC.
    04-04-11 11:42 AM
    Yes, I know the three of you were just joking. I was funny, mean, but funny.

You are not missing anything. You are right, you can get them from the Mobihand store again. Sometimes its just easier to plug the phone into the computer and reload that way as opposed to resending an email or downloading it to your computer and loading it again.

Again you are right, your daily backup will have the CODs needed to reinstall your themes (and all your 3rd party apps).
    Thanks, Midd..might have to start creating those folders on my laptop...tho honestly, I don't have that many apps, so it's really no big deal to download again. Now themes....well..another story

One, I have apps I did not purchase at Mobihand or CB. They came from the developer's website. So that's one reason. But yes, you could redownload if you wanted to. I just find carrying the cods are easier and i like keeping a file of them on my sd card. That way, whether I'm at work or home, I can add them back without internet access. Yeah I know anal.

In my case, some of my themes are from other sources.
    Cods keep me happy. HAHA
    So do guns and tonics!!!!!
    Ah ha! Yes but no gun and tonics for your right now, young lady

Yes, I'ld like to know how you add cod's to your berry as well...
    Hey - another topic for you to write about, jaydee
    04-04-11 11:44 AM
    Oh no, Pink, I'm sorry. I can't install cods that way. I can install jad and cods that way but without the jad...no dice. I just carry the cods with me to install wherever I am USING a PC.
    aaaaaahhh, gotcha Ok, I mis-understood how you were doing this. Now I understand! I was wondering lol, thinking you were doing some magic trick with your sd card!

but where do you keep the cod files on your sd card? i may be interested in doing this
    04-04-11 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry App World - Serenity Theme with Optional Today

FREE theme at BlackBerry App World.
    Serenity by Mobster Mobile Designs

Gals...Andyahs was showing screen shots today from it.
    Grab it and if you don't like...delete.

Guys too...blue! NOT PINK OR FOO FOO!!!!
    I can't post a screen shot or I'll be shot! HAHA
    04-04-11 03:45 PM
    Haha... Let's see if you girls can go a week without any screenshots. God knows we've seen enough!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 03:54 PM
    Pink,
    I'm gonna get Gloss by BBT.
    Which color do you have? Red, Blue or Black?
    Oh and no screen shot necessary guys!
    04-05-11 08:33 AM
    oh Jaydee your gonna love it

I have the red, but that reflects the highlight bar within the bb menu. I just got tired of seeing black, grey or blue on all themes so I decided to change it up

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-05-11 09:00 AM
    sorry took so long for me to reply, I've got my youngest at the docs again still not doing any better-this time I think its a re-action to the antibiotic!

04-05-11 09:03 AM
    oh Jaydee your gonna love it

I have the red, but that reflects the highlight bar within the bb menu. I just got tired of seeing black, grey or blue on all themes so I decided to change it up

I have the red one also, and it really doesn't matter as you can change colors on the homescreen regardless...as P1nk said it's just for the highlight bar etc...Yes, you will love it!

sorry took so long for me to reply, I've got my youngest at the docs again still not doing any better-this time I think its a re-action to the antibiotic!

Oh no, so sorry! Poor child I hope they are able to make him/her feel better.
    04-05-11 09:37 AM

Oh no, so sorry! Poor child I hope they are able to make him/her feel better.
    Ty hamster we just got back, and its not a re-action to the antibio,TG, but what he had can back in a different way the amoxicillon for 7 days didn't knock it out so now they put him on a diff antibio which should help this time!

04-05-11 09:43 AM
    Ty hamster we just got back, and its not a re-action to the antibio,TG, but what he had can back in a different way the amoxicillon for 7 days didn't knock it out so now they put him on a diff antibio which should help this time!

Crazy thing about antibiotics...I've had to give my son 3 different rounds of it until one finally worked when he had a very bad ear infection.
    But glad you've got something else to try and help him feel better
    04-05-11 09:54 AM
    omg! 3 diff anti's?!? Your poor baby! I know ear infections are tough!

Well hopefully we'll see an improvement by 2moro! I'm crossing my fingers!

04-05-11 10:01 AM
    Girls! So sorry about the kids! These colds are hanging on longer and longer. I was sick for two weeks with a simple head cold. Nasty thing. Hope everyone does well on this round of medicines!!!

Thanks for the info on Gloss. Got the red as well.
    04-05-11 10:22 AM
    Ty Jaydee, I know, colds these days aren't so simple anymore! and Yw! Enjoy, Gloss is really nice!

04-05-11 10:52 AM
    Girls! So sorry about the kids! These colds are hanging on longer and longer. I was sick for two weeks with a simple head cold. Nasty thing. Hope everyone does well on this round of medicines!!!

Thanks for the info on Gloss. Got the red as well.
    oh, thanks, but my son is fine (at the moment)...this was last year when he had to take 3 rounds before he got better.
    Agreed tho, colds do take longer and longer...I'm with you there..mine last at least 3 weeks

Gloss is super, you will enjoy it!
    I got the Serenity theme and it is fun! All those bouncing icons No wonder the file is 1.5mb
    I had to re-install App World just to get it, lol! I never used it, so got rid of it awhile ago...I guess you never know when you'll need it
    04-05-11 11:08 AM
    I had to re-install App World just to get it, lol! I never used it, so got rid of it awhile ago...I guess you never know when you'll need it
    Hamster, I used to never use App World and never kept it installed. But I am tired of fighting city hall, so to speak. I have to download themes all the time and I just think it's easier to have it on my bb at all times rather than add it on and delete it and then reboot, etc.
    04-05-11 11:16 AM
    jaydee, I have a simple question I'm sure you can shed some light on. Your opinion is what I'm looking for Remember yest I mentioned I have 31 themes on my bb and I was going to delete at least 2 of them?

Well, my question is, how many is too many to keep on the bb itself? Right now I have 273mb on reboot. Should I be worried there's too many themes on my bb to handle? I honestly use all those, except for the 2 I'll be deleting-which will leave me with 29 on my bb. What's your thoughts on this? (Keep in mind I only have 5-10 apps on my bb as well) TIA

04-05-11 11:19 AM
    Hamster, I used to never use App World and never kept it installed. But I am tired of fighting city hall, so to speak. I have to download themes all the time and I just think it's easier to have it on my bb at all times rather than add it on and delete it and then reboot, etc.
    I'll keep it on for awhile anyway. Did I not read here somewhere that it was a memory hog? Maybe not, but Mobi is so much easier and better

jaydee, I have a simple question I'm sure you can shed some light on. Your opinion is what I'm looking for Remember yest I mentioned I have 31 themes on my bb and I was going to delete at least 2 of them?

Well, my question is, how many is too many to keep on the bb itself? Right now I have 273mb on reboot. Should I be worried there's too many themes on my bb to handle? I honestly use all those, except for the 2 I'll be deleting-which will leave me with 29 on my bb. What's your thoughts on this? (Keep in mind I only have 5-10 apps on my bb as well) TIA

P1nk, you have plenty of room left..I don't think having that many themes is going to affect your BB unless you start hitting near the 200mb level, which you have a long way to go. And they are just installed, not being used really.
    I have cut mine down to 20, but that's because I didn't use a few of those anymore...
    Imo, I think your are fine, but I'm not the expert, lol! Jaydee will surely be able to help you
    04-05-11 11:42 AM
    I'll keep it on for awhile anyway. Did I not read here somewhere that it was a memory hog? Maybe not, but Mobi is so much easier and better
    I agree Hamster, Mobi is easy to use. I never rid my bb of App world, the one time i did along with 2 other things i got all sorts of errors upon reboot LOL. So i put it back on, and if there is a theme Jaydee suggests that interests me from it, I can dwld it

It does take up 3mbs of room

P1nk, you have plenty of room left..I don't think having that many themes is going to affect your BB unless you start hitting near the 200mb level, which you have a long way to go. And they are just installed, not being used really.
    I have cut mine down to 20, but that's because I didn't use a few of those anymore...
    Imo, I think your are fine, but I'm not the expert, lol! Jaydee will surely be able to help you
    ty Hamster, this is what I was thinking. I was asking because I've never used themes before so this aspect of it is 'new' to me. the reason also i was asking, is now everytime i go into display>screen(to change themes), when that screen opens, it now shows a bar running up saying 'building theme list' so, IDK if thats something I should be concerned with either.

Ty for your opinion

(i mean, idk if its a stupid question, and that this is something i should 'just know')
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-05-11 at 12:06 PM.
    04-05-11 11:54 AM
23,186 ... 541542543544545 ...