skyboxer, I may need to try the grilling trick. My kids are all in their 20s; the highly involved social set on the one hand and joyfully conservative with their money on the other hand. Right now I do not think they are open to the extra dollars, even with an extended family plan. Throw in 4 kids between them and another on the way; it might be a definite "no". I honor their choices but will drop a few hints now and then.
    04-01-11 07:29 PM
    skyboxer, I may need to try the grilling trick. My kids are all in their 20s; the highly involved social set on the one hand and joyfully conservative with their money on the other hand. Right now I do not think they are open to the extra dollars, even with an extended family plan. Throw in 4 kids between them and another on the way; it might be a definite "no". I honor their choices but will drop a few hints now and then.
    Most of time it all where one chooses to spend their money. You can live in an unfurnished palace, or a lavishly furnished, high tech shack on the same income. My personal excuse for having a BlackBerry along with a data plan is, for 30 bucks extra I have a device that never leaves my hand. I loaded up an app called "I love my blackberry" which tracked how much I used my device and found I was on my Bold about 200 hours a month. It takes me about 2 hours of work to pay for my BB service. 2 hours of work for 200 hours of convenience and anjoyment. It was easily justifiable for me, and fairly easy to convince my kids likewise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 07:57 PM
    Agreed on the money choices skyboxer. That's why I need a new gadget and my wife does not need a new purse; well, maybe not. Kind of like saying a couple themes are more than enough around here. My BB is my personal assistant and a co-worker. It has been a great work tool for me. Since I am self employed (at least in theory), I do not have a company to foot the bill or buy the product up front. It does boil down to what will work best for me and help me get more work done and get the best bang for my buck.
    04-01-11 08:19 PM
    Agreed on the money choices skyboxer. That's why I need a new gadget and my wife does not need a new purse; well, maybe not. Kind of like saying a couple themes are more than enough around here. My BB is my personal assistant and a co-worker. It has been a great work tool for me. Since I am self employed (at least in theory), I do not have a company to foot the bill or buy the product up front. It does boil down to what will work best for me and help me get more work done and get the best bang for my buck.
    Exactly. I see a lot of complaining whenever a new device comes out about upgrade pricing, who's eligible and who's not, who's getting a killer deal etc. That stuff, while helpful, isn't too relevant to me. I paid full price for my Bold because I knew how much I would use it. I had to save a little but I got it done.
    Nobody else in my family uses their BB as much as I do, but all of them use it enough to see the value in the extra fee for a data plan.

04-01-11 08:28 PM
    Skyboxer, I picked up my BB 9650 late last summer on a one year contract with Alltel. I will be eligible to upgrade after Verizon finally finishes taking over my divested area. While I am interested in the new BBs to come, and am also interested in the Playbook, I really wonder if I will upgrade to a new phone. I have actually got more out of the upgraded OS options along the way. I must admit, I miss a bigger screen. I still have two Palm TX pdas and use one on a weekly basis. The big screen is great for my older eyes. The size and potential is what makes the Playbook worth checking out for me. Then again, I have instructions for hacking a Nook Color and turning it into an android tablet; not bad for $250.00.
    04-01-11 08:45 PM
    OK people. I made a mistake!!!
    The 20% coupon is only good for apps and themes...software...NOT accessories!
    I'm so sorry for the error!

The code is BBEmpireOpen and is good till April 15th.
    I'm sorry Mojave!!! My mistake. In my zeal to tell everyone, I got it mixed up!!!!
    Mojave likes this.
    04-01-11 08:48 PM
    Jaydee, you have had a good week. I have made at least 6 mistakes already. You will remain our Queen.
    04-01-11 08:55 PM
    Jaydee, you have had a good week. I have made at least 6 mistakes already. You will remain our Queen.
    Runkle, that is so sweet of you but are you sure you're not still on pain killers???

lol
    Thank you very much!
    04-01-11 09:08 PM
    lol.....Jaydee, the pain killers are close by but are now taken less frequently. So based on my assumed sanity, I will continue to stick with the group and keep you at your rightful place.
    04-01-11 09:53 PM
    Morning all!

In regards to Ssix by Raypho theme, there is an update avail, changes made were adding OS6.1 icons.
    Mojave likes this.
    04-02-11 08:18 AM
    Morning all!

In regards to Ssix by Raypho theme, there is an update avail, changes made were adding OS6.1 icons.
    Ummmm....I have "new version notification" on but never got my email notification. Strange. Thanks for the post Pink.
    04-02-11 09:12 AM
    Mojave, check your spam folder in your email account that's where my notifications go sometimes, although-you have an OS5 version for Ssix correct? Raypho may have not made any adjustments for it yet
    Jaydee I just saw your post and dwld that theme! My Black Amex is smoooooooookin from my theme purchases!LOL
    This is soooooooooo cute!!! I love it, thanks for the link

I LOVE Spring Fling by MakeUpNotWar

jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-02-11 10:22 AM
    Hello everyone!

Thanks for letting us know about the update to ssix, P1nk! The os6 icons are nice!
    And your new theme looks sharp!
    It's nice to have our very own Queen Reviewer to give us all the heads up on themes...she's gonna make us broke, lol!

@ Runkle..I have a Nook Color and love it. Use it mostly for reading, but I love that I can also get on the internet from it.
    I've been waiting and waiting for the new update they promised about making the android market available on it, but sigh...still nothing.
    I might have to root it, though have no idea how to do that. Are the instructions fairly simple to follow?
    04-02-11 10:28 AM
    So many screenies, I'm feelin' like Paul this AM!!
    04-02-11 10:37 AM
    So many screenies, I'm feelin' like Paul this AM!!
    LOL. I hear ya! I thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute, had to scroll up and see where I was.
    04-02-11 10:56 AM
    Are any of the ramblers running the 6.0.0.56 BBM that leaked? I couldn't get it to load and show up on my phone.
    Last edited by middbrew; 04-02-11 at 11:08 AM.
    04-02-11 11:00 AM

LMAO! listen to you two! what? you tough guys aren't gonna load up the Spring Fling theme? it'll loooooook really pretty on your baby bolds! be sure to post screenies so we can all "ohhhh and ahhhhh!" LOL
    I've heard it will brick my device if I have that on my phone.
    04-02-11 12:36 PM

Here you go Pink. Thanks for the daisy offer!!
    I will accept. I have it somewhere on my phone but my my, I gotta sort out my over 6000 photos into manageable folders now, don't I?

Send it along please. New folder starting called FLOWERS.
    Maybe Paul and Prince and Midd would like screenies of them all???
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-02-11 12:43 PM
    TY for the pink flowers and here's the daisy!

enjoy!

ummm yea! time to sort out files in the pix dept! LOL I actually just did that yesterday and copied all my info on my sd card to my computer in one neat little folder, all safe

I think Paul, Prince and Midd would LOVE screenies of them ALL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 04-02-11 at 01:02 PM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-02-11 12:59 PM
    Maybe they won't mind this one:

middbrew likes this.
    04-02-11 01:30 PM
    Maybe they won't mind this one:

Now we're talking!
    04-02-11 01:57 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6185142]LMAO! listen to you two! what? you tough guys aren't gonna load up the Spring Fling theme? it'll loooooook really pretty on your baby bolds! be sure to post screenies so we can all "ohhhh and ahhhhh!" LOL

Maybe Paul and Prince and Midd would like screenies of them all???
    Ladies, you can keep your pretty, flowerery, pink (sorry Pink) screenies!!! They're killin' me!!
    04-02-11 03:31 PM

Ladies, you can keep your pretty, flowerery, pink (sorry Pink) screenies!!! They're killin' me!!
    Maybe Dr Prince needs a show about men being able to tolerate pink flowers on their cell phones.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-02-11 04:07 PM
    Hi hamsterwheel, sorry about the delay in responding; just got here. If I buy a Nook and hack it, I plan to follow the instructions of a young man named Alex Kuklinski. He is a freshman at a nearby university and has posted a 14 minute video on youtube. He goes by "huskermania" on youtube. I am no hack genius, so I plan to follow his step by step instructions.

I would check it out hamster. I think the video is entitled "How to root a Nook Color" (pc version).
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-02-11 04:42 PM
    Maybe Dr Prince needs a show about men being able to tolerate pink flowers on their cell phones.
    LMAO!!! the men in here need to get in touch with their femine sides!
    04-02-11 04:53 PM
23,186 ... 538539540541542 ...