Now that I think about it, you two could be sisters!! hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-11 03:08 PM
    I agree with that. A good friend of mine is italian and she's the same way, very high anxiety type and always lots of drama!

uuummm....yea. thats mi famiglia! and we're loud too!
    Not me, I crush knee caps in a very calm, collected manner!
    you sound like my cousin vinny
    LMAO, not only a noob slapper, but a knee crusher as well Watch out people, DO NOT MESS with the Ramblers

jaydee, I found your memory. It is in a cheese cake factory warehouse in West Palm Beach, Florida. I saw only two french silk guards. Bring your friends and your forks, you should have no trouble breaking in.

As for the others who have lost memory, I found it all tied up behind a jelly bean wall in Seattle, Washington. I scanned the wall for weak points and discovered a row of seven pink beans. They seemed a bit anxious, so I think that would be the place to take your first nibbles.

Ahhh.....pain pills, the GPS of mental health. You can thank me later.
    sounds like your comfortably numb Runkle
    Excuse me, but I resemble that remark!
    I do too, Jaydee, we may be tiny, but we pack a punch!
    03-30-11 03:24 PM
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen....

I goofed. Well, I went into a Verizon store and played with an OS6 BOLD. The Browser is as bad as I had heard if you want to read web pages. I went to two news sites I visit regularly. ABSOLUTELY useless. The font was tiny. I faithfully used the magnifying glass I'd heard about. Yup, it zoomed and now the text was off the right side of the screen.

I guess what is most disappointing about this, admittedly, minimal test was that RIM obviously does not care a bit about its release and OS6 for the older phones. I guess they can say they released something. I know that the browser is not important to many users and so maybe it does not make any difference. But seriously, they go from PageView to this junk!

Clearly, I'm sticking with OS5. There is no point in trying OS6. The thing I use most on the Bold is the browser. I don't text. I have no bbm buddies (sniff) and I really don't use the phone all that much. I use twitter as an entry to info and that loads, well, the Browser. I use google to find things. I use wiki for info gathering. In other words, the Browser.

And finally, I like Stormy-x and I'd even lose that! (G)

Okay, enough ranting.

How's everybody else's day (with guns and tonic for support or not)
    03-30-11 04:05 PM
    For me, it still boils down to function. I want to make phone calls that I can hear. I want to find my notes and tasks. I want to enter a new contact without a hassle. I want my email when it is sent. And most of all, I want my battery to last throughout the day. I have a desktop at work and a laptop at home. I can use the browser when I want. And when I am looking at a tv at the mall, I can still use my BB browser to get a review.

Does the BB browser stink compared to other options? Yes. Do I want to charge my battery every 4 hours? No! Do I need to tweet, facebook, and text about my next trip to the grocery store? No. Yeah, I know, I am old and grumpy. Just give me function over flash. Just give me substance over style. I have no interest in spending what little money I have on what I choose not to use.

Geez, time for more pain pills.
    03-30-11 04:29 PM
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen....

I goofed. Well, I went into a Verizon store and played with an OS6 BOLD. The Browser is as bad as I had heard if you want to read web pages. I went to two news sites I visit regularly. ABSOLUTELY useless. The font was tiny. I faithfully used the magnifying glass I'd heard about. Yup, it zoomed and now the text was off the right side of the screen.

I guess what is most disappointing about this, admittedly, minimal test was that RIM obviously does not care a bit about its release and OS6 for the older phones. I guess they can say they released something. I know that the browser is not important to many users and so maybe it does not make any difference. But seriously, they go from PageView to this junk!

Clearly, I'm sticking with OS5. There is no point in trying OS6. The thing I use most on the Bold is the browser. I don't text. I have no bbm buddies (sniff) and I really don't use the phone all that much. I use twitter as an entry to info and that loads, well, the Browser. I use google to find things. I use wiki for info gathering. In other words, the Browser.

And finally, I like Stormy-x and I'd even lose that! (G)

Okay, enough ranting.

How's everybody else's day (with guns and tonic for support or not)
    F2, enjoy OS5.

We never said you had to move to 6. It's clearly not for everyone. My browser does column view now so I am pretty happy. But I don't do all that much on the web. I have a laptop at work and one at home and rarely stray far from either.

There are plenty of great themes for OS6 though. You just haven't tried any of them. I'm sure you would find one you like and if worse came to worse, you could commission your own. Every theme I run from Al3azim is a custom.
    03-30-11 04:59 PM
    F2, enjoy OS5.

We never said you had to move to 6. It's clearly not for everyone. My browser does column view now so I am pretty happy. But I don't do all that much on the web. I have a laptop at work and one at home and rarely stray far from either.

There are plenty of great themes for OS6 though. You just haven't tried any of them. I'm sure you would find one you like and if worse came to worse, you could commission your own. Every theme I run from Al3azim is a custom.
    WELL! It must be good to be the Queen!
    03-30-11 05:02 PM
    WELL! It must be good to be the Queen!
    Actually, I PAY him for each custom. I won't say how much, but yes, every change I ask for, I pay for. Although he says its not necessary, I know how time consuming making themes are.
    03-30-11 05:06 PM
    Actually, I PAY him for each custom. I won't say how much, but yes, every change I ask for, I pay for. Although he says its not necessary, I know how time consuming making themes are.
    No doubt. I spent WAY too much time making my very simple OS6-style setup.
    03-30-11 05:12 PM
    Jaydee, what are you calling column view anyway. Something other than text wrap?

03-30-11 06:13 PM
    F2, from your description on how you use your phone it sounds like an iPhone (gasp!) Might be a better fit for you. Not that I would drive anyone from BB but I'm trying to be objective. I would be looking at them myself if damnyouautocorrect didn't exist. The fact there is a whole website dedicated to the ineptitude of autocorrect keeps me away. I type too much to deal with that.

03-30-11 06:44 PM
    Jaydee, what are you calling column view anyway. Something other than text wrap?

No just word wrap Jim. But it actually WORKS for me!!!
    03-30-11 07:03 PM
    No just word wrap Jim. But it actually WORKS for me!!!
    Oh, ok. Glad it's working for you. It's a lot of hit and miss for me. I'm liking OM6 as a better option as it's so much quicker. My OM laggyness for typing is gone. Makes for a much better experience. Was having some issues with the camera today tho. Sometimes just won't snap the shot. I wonder if it's this 524 os. Seems it's always something.

03-30-11 10:13 PM
    Oh, ok. Glad it's working for you. It's a lot of hit and miss for me. I'm liking OM6 as a better option as it's so much quicker. My OM laggyness for typing is gone. Makes for a much better experience. Was having some issues with the camera today tho. Sometimes just won't snap the shot. I wonder if it's this 524 os. Seems it's always something.

Gotta be the 524 as Paul had the same problem, remember?
    431 here and no prob with the camera ever.
    03-31-11 06:15 AM
    Gotta be the 524 as Paul had the same problem, remember?
    431 here and no prob with the camera ever.
    Camera works on and off I guess. I've taken some pics with 524. Didn't work when I needed it to work, so I'm still at the end of my BB rope.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-31-11 at 07:52 AM.
    03-31-11 07:42 AM

Jim, did you do anything different to rid the lag on the typing in OM? I still have that issue, on and off. Still with the same symptoms- the longer the post i click to reply to, the worse the lag is. If i just use the reply box with no quoting, no lag unless my post is long winded

Also, my cam on 431 functions properly too.
    03-31-11 07:49 AM
    431 seems to the "Gold Standard"
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-31-11 at 08:01 AM.
    03-31-11 07:56 AM
    431 seems to the "Gold Standard"
    yea, I have to agree with you Paul. 431 does run well. When I was on 443, my bb ran ok, ya know a few quirks-like the c/p function really affected mine, but it ran smoothly otherwise. But 431 def runs smoother than 443 on my bb. I know a few of you have the 524 and it seems to be going well, but honestly, I'm just not up for toying around lately with the OS and then re-adding apps, themes etc. Plus i havent really had the time to do it anyway and I'm happy with the way 431 is running anyway. With OM as the browser, its top notch
    03-31-11 08:00 AM
    Camera works on and off I guess. I've taken some pics with 524. Didn't work when I needed it to work, so I'm still at the end of my BB rope.
    Don't be threatening the Queen with sadness!
    03-31-11 08:00 AM
    Don't be threatening the Queen with sadness!
    A friend of mine got herself a DroidX and loves it. I was telling her that if I switch phones I lose my $15 data plan.

Her response: "It's absolutely worth it!!"
    03-31-11 08:06 AM
    A friend of mine got herself a DroidX and loves it. I was telling her that if I switch phones I lose my $15 data plan.

Her response: "It's absolutely worth it!!"
    Let me answer you like how you answer everyone else who posts about leaving:
    kthanksbye

03-31-11 08:22 AM
    Let me answer you like how you answer everyone else who posts about leaving:
    kthanksbye

Did I say I was leaving?

roflmao......it's too easy sometimes!!!!
    03-31-11 08:27 AM
    Ok here is some random rambling I found interesting. I've been using LiveProfile for a week now. Apparently its been around for a few months on Droid and iOS. 6 days ago they had 1 million users when the BB app hit open beta. In the last 5 days they have doubled that number. This of course has crashed their servers a few times but my point is: develop for droid and iOS you get a million users in a few months. Add in BB you get that same number in a week. Numbers speak volumes.

03-31-11 08:47 AM
    Ok here is some random rambling I found interesting. I've been using LiveProfile for a week now. Apparently its been around for a few months on Droid and iOS. 6 days ago they had 1 million users when the BB app hit open beta. In the last 5 days they have doubled that number. This of course has crashed their servers a few times but my point is: develop for droid and iOS you get a million users in a few months. Add in BB you get that same number in a week. Numbers speak volumes.

On a totally UNRELATED app:

SocialScope. New update. I got it.
    How do I change colors?
    I don't notice anything different. Got any insight?
    03-31-11 08:51 AM
    Did I say I was leaving?

roflmao......it's too easy sometimes!!!!

10 chars
    03-31-11 08:59 AM
    On a totally UNRELATED app:

SocialScope. New update. I got it.
    How do I change colors?
    I don't notice anything different. Got any insight?
    I didn't get it, so I have no clue . Really, I am always dead last to get an update from them. I give feedback and everything. I wish I knew how to get on their good side.

03-31-11 09:00 AM
23,186 ... 535536537538539 ...