Again I wonder how much of the troubles you are having Jaydee are related to all the themes you have installed and the constant switching, it has to take its toll, I know you wont want to do this but I would uninstall the themes, leaving maybe one or two, and stop testing and switching for a few days and see how it compares. I only have two themes in my phone, never switch from the current one, and I have negligible memory loss as i have posted shots several times here. I also have 38 apps installed, quite a few chat programs i use, i text a lot and use the phone moderately and the web moderately and no issues. I mean themes are great and all, but the phone was not designed for that heavy usage as you give it with the switching of themes. My two cents worth.
    your asking Jaydee to un-install all her themes and have just one or two?!?! have you lost your mind?!?! I wouldnt even do that!

Lrd, I have 26 themes on my bb and change them 3, sometimes 4x's a day along with bw sets etc. and my device leaks, prob about 20-25mb a day. Not anywhere as near as much as Jaydee's does. Hamsters also has a leak issue. All 3 of us don't have the same exact apps, or use the same theme or bw sets at the same exact time, but we each still have a leak. OS6? i believe so. do the bw sets cause a bit of a leak, on mine they do. I don't care. I'll run my bb to have it look the way i like it, and I'm sure Jaydee and Hamster will continue to do the same. I'll deal with the maintenance it requires.
    03-29-11 12:16 PM
    Neck surgery over, recovery on schedule. Good to be back reading and the occasional post when confused. And I promise to never post a "Jump Ship" title. If possible, I want to keep as many ramblers on my side as I can.

The jaydee memory leak is just weird. I am with most of you; a very low leak throughout the day on my 9650. The thing that is so confusing is that it is happening on her new device too. I wanted to blame the hardware, but that is not the answer. Software and/or apps seem the next logical choice but does not fit either. Jaydee, have you spoken directly with RIM? I would think they would be interested in trying to figure out your unique situation.
    runkle, its nice to see you back and glad to hear everything went well. Hope the road of recovery is a quick & good one!
    03-29-11 12:17 PM
    Neck surgery over, recovery on schedule. Good to be back reading and the occasional post when confused. And I promise to never post a "Jump Ship" title. If possible, I want to keep as many ramblers on my side as I can.

The jaydee memory leak is just weird. I am with most of you; a very low leak throughout the day on my 9650. The thing that is so confusing is that it is happening on her new device too. I wanted to blame the hardware, but that is not the answer. Software and/or apps seem the next logical choice but does not fit either. Jaydee, have you spoken directly with RIM? I would think they would be interested in trying to figure out your unique situation.
    Glad you're on the mend.
    Yes, as amatter of fact, before I got this latest refurb (the 4th in a series!) I was bumped up to 2nd level support and then they called "BLACKBERRY".
    Dum-da-dum, dum...DUMMMMMMMMMM

But alas. Rim said they had never heard of a memory leak.

Insert punchline here
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-29-11 at 12:34 PM.
    03-29-11 12:27 PM
    And I promise to never post a "Jump Ship" title. If possible, I want to keep as many ramblers on my side as I can.
    If I can save just one Rambler from this plight.....
    03-29-11 12:38 PM
    Yet at the same time and correct me if I am wrong, but Jaydee has had several phones and the memory leak problems follow her, so if it is a phone issue it should not be from phone to phone, so logic only tells me that it is related to either installed software and or its use (changing themes) not hardware.

I understand it is your job and I am not trying to tell you not to do it I was merely suggesting a way by which I would try to get to the bottom of this, again if switching phones did not get rid of the problem and if the same OS6 is not affecting the majority of everyone else that only leaves installed apps as the culprit and themes are installed apps.
    03-29-11 01:17 PM
    jaydee, did you talk to Blackberry directly or did Verizon talk to them? I am not particularly trusting of Verizon and its customer service.

Thanks for saving me from an unplanned plight PC.
    03-29-11 01:49 PM
    Hey congrats to our newest Master Hamster!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 02:20 PM
    your asking Jaydee to un-install all her themes and have just one or two?!?! have you lost your mind?!?! I wouldnt even do that!

Lrd, I have 26 themes on my bb and change them 3, sometimes 4x's a day along with bw sets etc. and my device leaks, prob about 20-25mb a day. Not anywhere as near as much as Jaydee's does. Hamsters also has a leak issue. All 3 of us don't have the same exact apps, or use the same theme or bw sets at the same exact time, but we each still have a leak. OS6? i believe so. do the bw sets cause a bit of a leak, on mine they do. I don't care. I'll run my bb to have it look the way i like it, and I'm sure Jaydee and Hamster will continue to do the same. I'll deal with the maintenance it requires.
    Yeah, I've learned to deal with the leak. It doesn't bother me as much any more. I'm going to continue using my Bold the way I want until it craps out on me, and than instead of jumping ship, I'll just get a new one and tell the whole CB world about it

jaydee, did you talk to Blackberry directly or did Verizon talk to them? I am not particularly trusting of Verizon and its customer service.

VZW service is hit and miss. I have found that it clearly depends on who is on the other end
    Good to see you came out ok!

Hey congrats to our newest Master Hamster!!

LMAO! I like that!
    03-29-11 02:30 PM
    so Jaydee, from that pop up memory thing your getting and the link Paul posted, anything resolved on your bb?

03-29-11 03:13 PM
    VZW service is hit and miss. I have found that it clearly depends on who is on the other end
    +1 to that! I keep calling back until I get the answer I want
    03-29-11 03:19 PM
    Yet at the same time and correct me if I am wrong, but Jaydee has had several phones and the memory leak problems follow her, so if it is a phone issue it should not be from phone to phone, so logic only tells me that it is related to either installed software and or its use (changing themes) not hardware.

I understand it is your job and I am not trying to tell you not to do it I was merely suggesting a way by which I would try to get to the bottom of this, again if switching phones did not get rid of the problem and if the same OS6 is not affecting the majority of everyone else that only leaves installed apps as the culprit and themes are installed apps.

Oh LrdA, I know what you're saying. I understand. Really I do. Except, there are many more people who experience memory leaks than you realize. There are three of us here and another person who hasn't posted today (RR) and a bunch of other people...even a mod friend of mine. They all have leaks from OSICKS. We ave discovered that every device acts differently to OS6 and well, if I have some apps and themes that cause problems, well then, so be it. However...NONE of us ever had any problem on OS5. Therefore, we have deduced that 6 is the least common denominator, so to speak, for all this trouble.

I have had 4 Bold 9650s...all on OS6. All running OS6 with NO APPS AND NO THEMES. They all leaked.

Hardware? Maybe not? Shoddy all around? Maybe not. OS6 YES!!!
    I have booted into safe mode and watched it leak...

So when I post memory leak numbers, it is really just for effect. Just so people can see WOW that these phone really do leak and I'm not making it up. I drop from 280MB to 180 in one day. Imagine if I had a leaky 9700.

I'd be dead in the water. Lose more over 24 hours than the damn phone has!

I appreciate your attempt to help me. I do not mean to sound ungrateful!! I guess I am just resigned to my plight. So I make light of it and drink a lot of guns & tonics.
    03-29-11 03:24 PM

I actually spoke directly with BlackBerry. They were not as clueless as VZW; however they simply walked me through a series of tests that I perform on a daily basis. Nothing new or earth-shattering. I could not get any satisfaction so they had to send me a new device.
    03-29-11 03:29 PM
    Thanks for all your best wishes everyone. While under the influence of my next set of pain pills, I will try to find where everyone's memory has gone. If I find it, I will let you know. For now, it is time for an extended rest. See you all on Wednesday. Thanks again.
    03-29-11 03:59 PM
    Hey Ladies and Guys who have ladies,
    There's a free theme for OS6 at this url by BerryGoodThemes (usually all their stuff is premium)
    BlackBerry App World - BGT Belle

Here is a screen shot. Pink, you gotta get it...FREE and its Pink!
    Hamster, Essex, Underway (for your wife!!!)

This one is with my wallpaper.
    Pretty light blues and sea-foam greens and pink...

OOPS called Belle by BGT
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-29-11 04:59 PM
    Thanks Jaydee. I'll check it out & see if its something I would like!

03-29-11 06:02 PM
    I may just load this one for my wife tonight after she goes to sleep. I just can't get her interested in customizing her phone. I'll see what she does with this one...

03-29-11 10:41 PM
    Ramblers, i have a question, hopefully someone may be able to answer.

I've noticed a file on my sd card and i can see it on my bb when i go to the 'files',
    its called:
    NDKDump_270078565
    name: coredump.bin
    type: bin_auto_file,228mb

any clue what this could be and could i remove it safely?

it was added on 3.1@1:56pm

i can't rem that far back if i did anything. lol.its been on there, i noticed it a couple wks ago.

oh, it won't let me open it. i have it saved to my desktop just now in case. but when i go to open it, the pop up box comes up again just asking me to save or open, and i've tried several diff programs to open it with no luck.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-30-11 at 08:02 AM.
    03-30-11 07:52 AM

I've noticed a file on my sd card and i can see it on my bb when i go to the 'files',
    its called:
    NDKDump_270078565

i can't rem that far back if i did anything. lol.its been on there, i noticed it a couple wks ago.

oh, it won't let me open it. i have it saved to my desktop just now in case. but when i go to open it, the pop up box comes up again just asking me to save or open, and i've tried several diff programs to open it with no luck.
    Did your phone crash and reboot itself? I'd delete it and reboot your device.
    03-30-11 08:23 AM

its called:
    NDKDump_270078565

Sounds like a memory dump. My PCs at work do that when they're going kaflooey!
    Delete it like Paul says and fuggetaboutit.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-30-11 08:35 AM
    ok tyvm Paul & Jaydee. My bb did reboot itself on the 12th because where I was I had signal issues (large bldg, thick walls) but this hap's on march 1st, tuesday and I don't recall anything weird happening...at least not that I can rem

Ok I'll dump it later when I have time and reboot. I was afraid to remove it in case it was something very important on my bb. That last thing I'd wanna do is screww sumtin' up!

Btw, I guess I would know if my bb ever 'crashed' so I'd have to answer NO to that one.

03-30-11 09:00 AM
    ok tyvm Paul & Jaydee. My bb did reboot itself on the 12th because where I was I had signal issues (large bldg, thick walls) but this hap's on march 1st, tuesday and I don't recall anything weird happening...at least not that I can rem

Ok I'll dump it later when I have time and reboot. I was afraid to remove it in case it was something very important on my bb. That last thing I'd wanna do is screww sumtin' up!

Btw, I guess I would know if my bb ever 'crashed' so I'd have to answer NO to that one.

I agree that you likely don't need to keep it. To make sure, I'd just remove the SD card and reboot. If the phone works OK, then you don't need that file. If not...
    03-30-11 09:31 AM
    ok, 99, now with that post you just made me nervous to even remove it now

Ya think I shuld remove my sd card, usb my bb and see if its there first? If not then that means its something on my sd card, right?

03-30-11 09:53 AM
    ok, 99, now with that post you just made me nervous to even remove it now

Ya think I shuld remove my sd card, usb my bb and see if its there first? If not then that means its something on my sd card, right?

Isn't the file already on your pc? I thought I read that you copied to your desktop. Just delete it from the card and reboot.

My guess is something crashed, dumped the memory into that file and went on it's merry way. I highly doubt your device's functionality hinges on the existence of one file stored on the SD card.
    03-30-11 10:26 AM
    Isn't the file already on your pc? I thought I read that you copied to your desktop. Just delete it from the card and reboot.

My guess is something crashed, dumped the memory into that file and went on it's merry way. I highly doubt your device's functionality hinges on the existence of one file stored on the SD card.
    yes, Paul, i did save it to the desktop of my laptop.

When i usb my bb, i go into the "f:" drive which is my bb's card, and i can see it listed. it looks like a yellow folder icon with the NDKDump next to it. its in the list with, the other folders like 'bleckberry' my pix, my sounds, etc.

i just don't want to take anything off that should be there but like i said, it just appeared there from that day 3/1-with a time of 1:56pm.

so your sure i could delete this without any issues? i'm so nervous about it, idk why.
    03-30-11 10:32 AM
    yes, Paul, i did save it to the desktop of my laptop.

When i usb my bb, i go into the "f:" drive which is my bb's card, and i can see it listed. it looks like a yellow folder icon with the NDKDump next to it. its in the list with, the other folders like 'bleckberry' my pix, my sounds, etc.

i just don't want to take anything off that should be there but like i said, it just appeared there from that day 3/1-with a time of 1:56pm.

so your sure i could delete this without any issues? i'm so nervous about it, idk why.
    remove your card, reboot, and see what happens. if all goes well delete off the card and reboot. if all goes well resume breathing! lol
    03-30-11 10:39 AM
23,186 ... 533534535536537 ...