Well, I stopped by a VZW to check out the DroidX. I confirmed that if I change devices I lose my $15 data plan. So jaydee, I'm staying with BB for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 06:55 PM
    ok, so idk if i'm a gluten for punishment or what. but i went and deleted my content store again I'm rebooting now, but before i rebooted, i checked my pix/bw sets/fonts and everything 'appeared' to be there. I'll see what happens on reboot now.
    ok, so upon reboot, had to re-install the FontCollection app. and my fonts. no biggie. checked on everything else, pix/bw sets/rt's/themes and everything seems to be there Pheeeeeeew! I just hope that i don't realize something is missing again tomorrow now

i have another back up prepared just in case

I now only have 18 items in the content store.
    P1nk, I've been racking my mind this afternoon, trying to figure out just how that went wrong. I'm glad to see that it worked this time.
    03-28-11 07:05 PM
    99, don't stress anymore about it. A lot of the pix I lost because they weren't saved to my sd card like I thought they were, and why they weren't is beyond me. BUT I fixed all that now and all is right in "Pink's bb world" everything seems to be in its place and I gained about 9mb of mem back on my bb, so there was A LOT of crap just hangin around!

I thank all of you for sticking thru with me

03-28-11 07:14 PM
    99, don't stress anymore about it. A lot of the pix I lost because they weren't saved to my sd card like I thought they were, and why they weren't is beyond me. BUT I fixed all that now and all is right in "Pink's bb world" everything seems to be in its place and I gained about 9mb of mem back on my bb, so there was A LOT of crap just hangin around!

I thank all of you for sticking thru with me

Good for you, girl! Didn't even have to wait a day, lol! So glad all is well in Pink's BB World Enjoy the rest of your night you deserve it!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 07:57 PM
    Well, I stopped by a VZW to check out the DroidX. I confirmed that if I change devices I lose my $15 data plan. So jaydee, I'm staying with BB for a while.

Oh shucks, Paul, that's too bad. I mean you wanted to switch and all.

* out of his line of vision*

Well Paul we are all glad to have you back!!!!
    03-28-11 08:11 PM

From what I'd heard over the last few weeks, there haven't been many noobs on the 9650 forum posting stupid ****. Then I log in yesterday and today, and there's a thread about "jumping ship" (seriously, no one gives a flying ****) and something about a remote car starting app

Let the noob slapping begin!!!!
    03-29-11 07:31 AM
    From what I'd heard over the last few weeks, there haven't been many noobs on the 9650 forum posting stupid ****. Then I log in yesterday and today, and there's a thread about "jumping ship" (seriously, no one gives a flying ****) and something about a remote car starting app

LMFAOOOOO! I saw those too! the jumping ship one, i was like, yea whatever!

Oh its so nice to have you back Paul! We're glad your snarky @$$ is sticking around!
    03-29-11 07:33 AM

Jaydee, I LOVE this post! I was rofl!

Good for you, girl! Didn't even have to wait a day, lol! So glad all is well in Pink's BB World Enjoy the rest of your night you deserve it!

tyvm Hanmster! I'm glad yesterday is over with! Whew! lol.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-29-11 at 07:38 AM.
    03-29-11 07:34 AM

Here's the best part. The guy had to tell us he bought the car starting app for his birthday! Who gives a crap! LOL
    Oh Paul, nice to have you back...full force!
    03-29-11 07:45 AM
    There's the Paul we know and love! Welcome back...we need you around here!! lol!

And this guy - whatever
    03-29-11 07:47 AM
    Here's the best part. The guy had to tell us he bought the car starting app for his birthday! Who gives a crap! LOL
    Oh Paul, nice to have you back...full force!
    I felt like posting the room full of people who care thing!
    03-29-11 07:49 AM
    There's the Paul we know and love! Welcome back...we need you around here!! lol!

And this guy - whatever
    Congrats on passing the 1,000 post mark. Another CB Master to help with the noob slapping!

edit: the happy birthday to me thread was relocated
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-29-11 at 08:29 AM.
    03-29-11 07:54 AM

And this guy - whatever
    LMFAOOOOO! I saw those too! the jumping ship one, i was like, yea whatever!

Oh its so nice to have you back Paul! We're glad your snarky @$$ is sticking around!
    Kicking @sses and taking names again. Noobies beware!!!
    03-29-11 09:35 AM
    I don't know about anybody else, but I feel SAFE again!
    03-29-11 09:38 AM
    Congrats on passing the 1,000 post mark. Another CB Master to help with the noob slapping!

edit: the happy birthday to me thread was relocated
    Thanks Paul....It would be my pleasure to do some slapping around here

Hey guys and gals,
    I am making another shameless plug for BlackBerry Empire.
    Yeah, I know. TOO BAD!!!!

Here is the link in the forums for all the free themes.
    BlackBerry Themes BlackBerryEmpire.com
    If you feel like you might want a free theme, a lot of them in the DEFAULT OS6 style, go there and see what you can download. There are a ton!

You might wanna check it out if you want to have a few additional themes but don't want to purchase anything.
    Thanks Jaydee...I'll take a gander over there and see what they have...My quota for purchasing theme is up for the time being...Yeah right - let's see how long that lasts

We should just start a thread ourselves about OS6 is slow, I'm leaving RIM, iphone is better..blah blah and see how many takers we get
    03-29-11 09:41 AM
    Hey maybe you guys can help me with this.
    Every once in a while, I see a message on my berry screen that says WARNING: and then some other random ****e about memory cache being too low and free up some memory and you can click OK and it runs Memory cleaning app.

What's that all about? And why would that be starting recently?
    Do I have to go back and delete apps?
    03-29-11 10:05 AM
    Hey maybe you guys can help me with this.
    Every once in a while, I see a message on my berry screen that says WARNING: and then some other random ****e about memory cache being too low and free up some memory and you can click OK and it runs Memory cleaning app.

What's that all about? And why would that be starting recently?
    Do I have to go back and delete apps?
    You have some weird stuff happen to your phone! I have never seen that one.

edit: check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=443632&page=1
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-29-11 at 10:14 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-29-11 10:09 AM
    I have never seen that before Jaydee! That is an odd one.

Thanks for that article Paul, I'm gonna check it out just to be informed

03-29-11 10:32 AM
    Again I wonder how much of the troubles you are having Jaydee are related to all the themes you have installed and the constant switching, it has to take its toll, I know you wont want to do this but I would uninstall the themes, leaving maybe one or two, and stop testing and switching for a few days and see how it compares. I only have two themes in my phone, never switch from the current one, and I have negligible memory loss as i have posted shots several times here. I also have 38 apps installed, quite a few chat programs i use, i text a lot and use the phone moderately and the web moderately and no issues. I mean themes are great and all, but the phone was not designed for that heavy usage as you give it with the switching of themes. My two cents worth.
    03-29-11 10:37 AM
    Again I wonder how much of the troubles you are having Jaydee are related to all the themes you have installed and the constant switching, it has to take its toll, I know you wont want to do this but I would uninstall the themes, leaving maybe one or two, and stop testing and switching for a few days and see how it compares. I only have two themes in my phone, never switch from the current one, and I have negligible memory loss as i have posted shots several times here. I also have 38 apps installed, quite a few chat programs i use, i text a lot and use the phone moderately and the web moderately and no issues. I mean themes are great and all, but the phone was not designed for that heavy usage as you give it with the switching of themes. My two cents worth.
    I'm sure the themes are part of the problem, they're known leakers. But she's gone down that road numerous times since upgrading to BB6.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-29-11 at 11:13 AM.
    03-29-11 10:51 AM
    JayDee had the memory leakage issue before ThemeBuilder was released, so she had only the stock OS6 theme. I'm not so sure that themes are the problem.
    03-29-11 11:13 AM
    JayDee had the memory leakage issue before ThemeBuilder was released, so she had only the stock OS6 theme. I'm not so sure that themes are the problem.
    Yup, well aware, she had me on speed dial there for a while!

I'm sure the themes are part of the problem, they're known leakers. But she's gone down that road numerous times since upgrading to BB6.
    I do recall hearing about ThemeBuilder induced problems.
    03-29-11 11:16 AM
    My leakage is less than 1mb/24hrs. I have one homemade theme I use.
    Nice to have you back Paul and posting. I miss the noob slapping.
    So how many "jumping ship" threads do we need anyway. What boggles me is why so many post in it. I love the empty room pic, that speaks volumes. Classic.

03-29-11 11:16 AM
    Nice to have you back Paul and posting. I miss the noob slapping.
    So how many "jumping ship" threads do we need anyway. What boggles me is why so many post in it. I love the empty room pic, that speaks volumes. Classic.
    My other favorite response to those stupid posts is:

03-29-11 11:21 AM
    My other favorite response to those stupid posts is:

LMFAOOO! That's great!

[Rant]What I don't get is WHY they feel the need to start a thread "hey I'm leaving bb f*ck RIM". Good for you, don't let the door hit ya in the @$$ oN the way out!

I don't care what device you use, but come on, ya gotta start a thread about it?!?! Its not world news, everyone changes phones all the time [/rant]

I think Paul is rubbin off on me! LOL

03-29-11 12:08 PM
23,186 ... 532533534535536 ...