I cleaned the content store just now. My phone boots faster but it dumped all the installed fonts I had so they had to go back on. No biggie, they are stored on my card.

But I didn't lose pictures of anything...at least I don't THINK I did.... Nope, ringtones and sounds still there.
    Pink
    OMG!!!!

I called VZW about my vacation (with no internet service)
    They said I can get mobile Broadband Connect for 2GB of data for 20 bucks. If I call back after my vacation, I can get it pro-rated.
    Does that sound acceptable? Then I can use my BB, my tether app (which I already own) and my home laptop, right?
    Go figure. According to RIM, your pictures and sounds should be gone from device memory, but they aren't. Nor are they gone from mine. I don't get it. Even RIM doesn't know what's really stored there?

If you buy the Broadband Connect service, you tether through the Desktop Software and do not even run the Tether app. That app is for bypassing the carrier's tethering service. If you go that route, you won't need my PC card. HOWEVER, you won't be able to make or receive voice calls when your phone is tied to your laptop.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-28-11 at 01:01 PM.
    03-28-11 12:56 PM
    ok, i'm happy to report that all my folders and pix that i lost on the delete content store are BACK.......now, the crazy part will be having to move all those files to my sd card, when i have the time. my bb is still indexing everything so to try and do it now will drive me crazy cuz it gets all laggy and sh!t, unfortunately. I am just relieved that its all there. I may actually leave well enough alone for now and just deal with the 8-10min back-ups and the 3min reboot time.

Once again 99, i do appreciate your all of your help
    03-28-11 12:59 PM
    OK wait a minute. I told that dumb **** at VZW that I have a Blackberry and NOT a hotspot enable device.
    WTF? I can't use my berry for that Mobile Broadband crap, can I???? I have to have a different phone!

I'm confused. Can I ever get someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY"RE TALKING ABOUT AT VZW??????

EDIT:
    I finally found someone I am going to marry in my next life! A VZW tech who knows his stuff!
    YAY!!!
    I can do it with my Bold!!!!
    WooHoo.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-28-11 at 01:34 PM.
    03-28-11 01:10 PM
    OK wait a minute. I told that dumb **** at VZW that I have a Blackberry and NOT a hotspot enable device.
    WTF? I can't use my berry for that Mobile Broadband crap, can I???? I have to have a different phone!

I'm confused. Can I ever get someone who KNOWS WHAT THEY"RE TALKING ABOUT AT VZW??????
    Yes, you CAN use your BlackBerry to tether your computer using VZW Mobile Broadband Connect. You effectively configure your BB as a modem. Once you have the service activated on your account, they'll give you the settings to use to set up the Mobile Internet feature in BB Desktop Software. I'm not sure if you can use VZW's connection software (VZW Access Manager?) with BlackBerry.

You do not need a different phone, unless you want to talk and surf at the same time. Remember that your Bold has just one radio for use in the US. You can use it for either talk or data, but not both simultaneously.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-28-11 01:23 PM
    Alright folks, I deleted content store and am now at 36/889...sounds more reasonable. Boot up time was the same so not sure what I gained..oh wait...Gained about 5mb memory? Wonder what that is...probably the fonts that didn't get installed. Like everyone else, will have to re-install, but not big deal.

Pics and everything were all fine. Phew.

P1nk - so glad you were able to get everything back! What a pain though.
    03-28-11 01:25 PM
    Alright folks, I deleted content store and am now at 36/889...sounds more reasonable. Boot up time was the same so not sure what I gained..oh wait...Gained about 5mb memory? Wonder what that is...probably the fonts that didn't get installed. Like everyone else, will have to re-install, but not big deal.

So, if your pics and such are OK after dumping the Content Store, as were JayDee's and mine, I wonder what happened with P1nk?

P1nk, did you delete anything else?
    03-28-11 01:29 PM
    Yes, you CAN use your BlackBerry to tether your computer using VZW Mobile Broadband Connect. You effectively configure your BB as a modem. Once you have the service activated on your account, they'll give you the settings to use to set up the Mobile Internet feature in BB Desktop Software. I'm not sure if you can use VZW's connection software (VZW Access Manager?) with BlackBerry.

You do not need a different phone, unless you want to talk and surf at the same time. Remember that your Bold has just one radio for use in the US. You can use it for either talk or data, but not both simultaneously.
    Oh Underway...you are EXACTLY correct!!!!
    Thank you! And VZW just confirmed it! Yay!!!
    Thank you!!!
    VZ Access Manager is the software I need.
    03-28-11 01:35 PM
    So, if your pics and such are OK after dumping the Content Store, as were JayDee's and mine, I wonder what happened with P1nk?

Oh , and I did delete the 109 img codes sitting in memo pad from all the screen shots while I was at it

Maybe that's my extra mem, lol!

I'm not sure why P1nk had trouble. Again all our devices are so different..some have leaks, some not...etc...
    I'm just glad she got it all back.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 01:37 PM
    HAHA. There's a hole in the bucket dear Henry...
    Do you remember that song?
    Or am I the only oldster to remember that one?

Must be me...

Yes, can you believe it? Course, I changed themes 5, 6, 7 times to write reviews and also changed BattEx and BeWeather skins so I expect that kinda loss. But see how well I'm taking it? I don't complain much anymore, do I?
    I haven't heard that song in years! That is some crazy leakage. You have changed buckets several times, maybe it's time to change Henry.
    03-28-11 02:07 PM
    Oh Underway...you are EXACTLY correct!!!!
    Thank you! And VZW just confirmed it! Yay!!!
    Thank you!!!
    VZ Access Manager is the software I need.
    If you have Tether, why do you need VZW Access Manager? Isn't that over kill?
    03-28-11 02:08 PM
    I haven't heard that song in years! That is some crazy leakage. You have changed buckets several times, maybe it's time to change Henry.
    I missed that post..I do remember that song
    Change Henry...I like that
    03-28-11 02:09 PM
    Another one goes: "my buckets got a hole in it and I can't buy no more beer." Or BB mb's of memory either. I guess they used to sell beer by the bucket way back. Now there's a concept.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 02:12 PM
    Another one goes: "my buckets got a hole in it and I can't buy no more beer." Or BB mb's of memory either. I guess they used to sell beer by the bucket way back. Now there's a concept.

Midd makes his own brew..we can get him to sell us beer by the bucket (with no holes)
    middbrew likes this.
    03-28-11 02:23 PM
    Midd makes his own brew..we can get him to sell us beer by the bucket (with no holes)
    Definitely no holes in my beer buckets!
    03-28-11 02:30 PM

They did. You would take your bucket down to the tavern to have it filled up and take it home.
    03-28-11 03:55 PM

Oh , and I did delete the 109 img codes sitting in memo pad from all the screen shots while I was at it

Maybe that's my extra mem, lol!

I'm not sure why P1nk had trouble. Again all our devices are so different..some have leaks, some not...etc...
    I'm just glad she got it all back.
    ok, so i spent most of the day f*ckin around trying to get my bb back up to snuff. So yes, i did get my stuff back on by reloading the 'content store' i originally deleted. TG for back-ups! Now, when i reloaded that, my content was back up to 283 or 293 records and 14.38mb. I've moved alot of my pix to my sd card and i'm now down to 148 records and 11,503kb.

I'm confused about 2 things though.

1) my bb is set to save all pix on my sd card. i've moved 123 pix that were NOT saved to the sd card. they were saved on the device memory. IDK why. i have my bb set to save to sd card.

2) I still have 11 pix that i need to do. and for the life of me, i can't get them to the sd card. SO i think i'll have to email myself those 11 pix and re-save them into my main pix file, and not use the folders anymore. Using the folders for some reason put those pix on the device memory and idk why. Whereas some of my folders i created did go onto my sd card. so i'm baffled by this.

I did notice that most, not all, of the pix i dwld from cb that i asked to be posted, when i saved them, for some reason they did not save to my sd card. the pix i emailed to myself thru attachments DID save on my sd card. I don't understand why this would happen if my bb is set to save all pix/rt's etc to my sd card. Does any one have any light they can shed on this for me?

Now, like i said in the beginning, i have 148 files worth 11,503kb in content store. IDK what else this could be. I don't think my fonts take up that much room, but hey, who knows. Are these numbers 'acceptable' as far as how much is contained in the content store? I'm terrible at trying to figure this aspect of it out.
    03-28-11 04:25 PM

No 99, all i did was the instructions you gave to delete content store. thats it. honestly, idk wth happened or why. I'm just afraid to do this again and spend the whole day straightening out the wrinkles again.
    03-28-11 04:27 PM
    No 99, all i did was the instructions you gave to delete content store. thats it. honestly, idk wth happened or why. I'm just afraid to do this again and spend the whole day straightening out the wrinkles again.
    It may just be like Hamster said -- that each of these fool things are different. I cannot imagine any other reason that your stuff all went away when ours did not if we all followed the same path. I hope taht I didn't bum-dope anybody.
    03-28-11 04:35 PM
    It may just be like Hamster said -- that each of these fool things are different. I cannot imagine any other reason that your stuff all went away when ours did not if we all followed the same path. I hope taht I didn't bum-dope anybody.
    If by bum-dope you mean, 'screw over', no not at all. I was pissed that all this time when i was saving pix, i have my bb set to sd card, WTF some did and some saved to my device instead?!?! That makes NO sense to me. SOOO in a way, i'm glad i found out the hard way. I was able to move my files that i do know where hangin in limbo. I just emailed those last 11 pix to myself and they saved to my sd card. SO now i think all my pix are on my sd card.

Now, that i moved those 11 pix my content store is down to 136 files and 10,888kb. Is that an ok # to be at? I mean, should i even be obsessing about this at all, or is it foolish to?

I'm just afraid to delete the content store again, and loose something else, ya know what i mean? now i'm nervous about doin it.
    03-28-11 04:45 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't have an explanation for what happened either, but for what it's worth, I can tell you that we have 3 bolds in my house, all with the same software and they all have their own quirks, each one, even though it has the same stuff on it seems to be a different beast...
    03-28-11 04:47 PM
    If by bum-dope you mean, 'screw over', no not at all. I was pissed that all this time when i was saving pix, i have my bb set to sd card, WTF some did and some saved to my device instead?!?! That makes NO sense to me. SOOO in a way, i'm glad i found out the hard way. I was able to move my files that i do know where hangin in limbo. I just emailed those last 11 pix to myself and they saved to my sd card. SO now i think all my pix are on my sd card.

Now, that i moved those 11 pix my content store is down to 136 files and 10,888kb. Is that an ok # to be at? I mean, should i even be obsessing about this at all, or is it foolish to?

I'm just afraid to delete the content store again, and loose something else, ya know what i mean? now i'm nervous about doin it.
    I'm sorry you have to go through this, P1nk..It's not fun, I know. I don't know if that number you have is high, but mine was at 141 files and 7449 or something like that, and I thought I should do it.
    Wait a day or 2 then try it again, now that you have everything on your sdcard, it will probably be fine.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 05:19 PM
    ty Jaydee my head is just spun right now. lol

TY Hamster. no, its not fun and i think i'll pass on doing this for quite some time now, I feel burnt out just from this today and my nerves are shot. needless to say, i didnt get anything else other than my 2 younger ones to the docs for antibiotics. I really dont care if that # i have now is too high or not. lol.

Jaydee, I'm glad you've got your teethering issue worked out as well for you upcoming trip. I know nothing about what you were lookin to do thats why i said nothing.
    I can understand that P1nk...I hope your kids feel better.
    And I have no clue either about the tethering stuff either lol!

I posted that in a couple of my BBM groups this afternoon. I'd love to have that on my BB.
    I saw this (thanks Jaydee for posting) and I remember you guys talking about it way back when, but my memory ain't what it used to be
    So what is it, and do I need it
    03-28-11 06:17 PM
    ok, so idk if i'm a gluten for punishment or what. but i went and deleted my content store again I'm rebooting now, but before i rebooted, i checked my pix/bw sets/fonts and everything 'appeared' to be there. I'll see what happens on reboot now.

ok, so upon reboot, had to re-install the FontCollection app. and my fonts. no biggie. checked on everything else, pix/bw sets/rt's/themes and everything seems to be there Pheeeeeeew! I just hope that i don't realize something is missing again tomorrow now

i have another back up prepared just in case

I now only have 18 items in the content store.
    03-28-11 06:19 PM
    Pink, relax now and feel better. Your BabyBold is okay and it will serve you well.

Just change wallpapers and stare at a beach or something and forget about your terrible, horrible, no good day!
    03-28-11 06:40 PM
    ty for that Jaydee....I really was freaked out and now I can unwind and try to relax! Here's my wp atm that I'm enjoying

Also, ty Hamster. The kids will be a lot better when the antibiotics kick in

03-28-11 06:49 PM
23,186 ... 531532533534535 ...