@ underway, I'll probably check that hybrid when I get back from a little road trip and find the time. Funny, tho right now OM is working great. Not sure what causes the slowdown, but this sporadic lagginess could just be the tip of what's coming. Other than that so far 524 has been great. I don't think om issues are os related anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 11:23 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll boot and backup faster without loading a 7.6MB data file. It stores information about your downloaded files and is rebuilt as it's needed. I've not seen any difference in how my phone works after I clear it. Your 141/7994K refers to 141 records in the database and the database size is 7994KB.
    I'd rather not mess with things if I don't have to so thanks for this Underway..
    I did a DM backup and it took the as long as it usually does, so I guess I'm ok.
    I think P1nk was having issues with how long her backup was taking which resulted in her having to delete it.
    03-28-11 11:25 AM
    @ underway, I'll probably check that hybrid when I get back from a little road trip and find the time. Funny, tho right now OM is working great. Not sure what causes the slowdown, but this sporadic lagginess could just be the tip of what's coming. Other than that so far 524 has been great. I don't think om issues are os related anyway.

I'm not having any issues with 524 either other than the lag when scrolling through pictures. I am getting great battery life even running IiveProfile. I have heard some very good things about Kings latest hybrid, but as long as this is working I'm not going to switch.
    03-28-11 11:28 AM

I'm not having any issues with 524 either other than the lag when scrolling through pictures. I am getting great battery life even running IiveProfile. I have heard some very good things about Kings latest hybrid, but as long as this is working I'm not going to switch.
    My battery life has been outstanding with this hybrid. My power drain is roughly 1.5%, a third of what it was on straight 524 or the last 466 hybrids that I tried.
    03-28-11 11:32 AM
    Nope. It is one of the databases that the device builds as it needs it. It has nothing to do with your SD card. No programs or personal data are stored there. Delete away.
    once again, tyvm for this info 99. I did the content delete on my laptop so i had os5 DM, (so instead of 'delete' it was 'clear') worked like a charm I got rid of 293 records and under bytes it said 14.38M No wonder back ups took like, FOREVER!!!
    There'll always be something to learn, Pink. It usually not until we screw something up that forces us to figure out how to unscrew it. That's the best way to learn anyway!!!
    lol, yep Pc. always a way to screw things up means theres a way to un-screw 'em!
    I KNEW someone would know!!!
    Thanks Underway. Now will that help Pink with her problem?
    I hope it will!
    It might. I'm not sure why she wants to clear the Content Store. If it is to make the reboot and backup time a little shorter, then yes, clearing the Content Store will help. Just how much shorter will depend on the size of the database. It'll expand again, too.

As I understand it, the Content Store holds information about downloaded applications. Yes, that includes iconsets and themes. Not the app itself, just source, date, etc. If you download alot and often, the Content Store will get pretty large. She should be able to delete that database with no ill effect. I delete mine all the time.

You know, JayDee, I didn't think of that when you were still concerned about your memory loss. You've said that you're always loading something on your phone. How large has YOUR Content Store database grown?
    I wanted to clear it because backups on dm were taking almost 10mins to complete.

as for all the crap content has built up-i'd say i was definately due! I've loaded over 30 themes in the past month! not to mention apps. and it was about a month ago i started seeing a lag in how long dm was taking to back-up. Now i know to keep an eye on that little bugger!LOL
    I can't find database sizes on the device yet.
    I found this on another forum:

Scroll down to Content Store. It displays the number of records and the storage space.
    TYVM for this! I was clearly going crazy this morn from when Jaydee mentioned it at first. I couldn't find it anywhere on my bb. This is perfect directions! Now it shows i have 18k stored there. and thats peanuts now

TY everyone who contributed to help much appreciated, as always!
    03-28-11 11:32 AM
    Paul, My camera works fine running 524. No lag on pic scrolling either. If you decide to go with another device it's not like you can never come back to BB either ya know. I can see it now, you'll be starting a "I 'm back" thread. LOL. Seriously tho if you don't try it on for size how would you know it would be a good fit. I've had many a touch screen phone in the past and just finally realized that they're not for me. I got to have the real kb. I'm excited to maybe get the touch bold since it will still have the physical kb.
    But geez, It's only a phone for gosh sakes. I used to buy and sell one a month on average.
    BB is just what it is, if you do go you will def be missed around here, but I hope you pop in and keep us posted from time to time. Finally, my BB makes me feel like an individual, not one of the common masses who follow appe or google. It makes me feel like I stand out.
    Side note: I'm having fun with my bro and his gf who are staying with me and both have Bolds. Never did a battery pull ever! Talk about laggy. But two very typical users. They were easily amazed, I must say.
    Side note: my OM has become extremely laggy typing, now I see what everybody's been talking about, Sheesh!!!

oh no, not you too now with the lag....it sux, doesn't it? Especially when you need to answer a post and it feels like taking its godly sloooooooow snaily time!

As for Pc, I agree. He is absolutely welcome to post here anytime, who cares what device hes using! Just come around man! We like you here lol. Mr. King of Snark himself!
    03-28-11 11:36 AM
    So my phone has the biggest memory leak but the smallest content store!
    Yesterday I was down 89.1MB in 16 hours!
    And I got the pictures to prove it.
    03-28-11 11:37 AM
    oh Good, Pink! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out. Even doing that I'd be a nervous nilly.
    I'm just going to leave it alone unless like you, I'm forced to do it
    03-28-11 11:38 AM
    I'd rather not mess with things if I don't have to so thanks for this Underway..
    I did a DM backup and it took the as long as it usually does, so I guess I'm ok.
    I think P1nk was having issues with how long her backup was taking which resulted in her having to delete it.
    you are abosolutely correct! 10mins is tooooo damn long! if your back-ups go quickly, I wouldn't worry too much about it then
    03-28-11 11:39 AM
    Near as I can tell, this resides in your 32MB Device Memory (as it's displayed in MeterBerry). Not knowing what you are running on your phone, I'd think that your phone would run better if you freed up 22% of the operating space. Mine's never got that large (typically mine sits at around 2.5-3MB), so I can't say for sure. I clear mine just because it seems to make the boot time shorter.
    03-28-11 11:40 AM
    omg, i had folders created in my media pictures, that were saved thru the device memory, their all gone. I hope the back up of my mem card i did yest has those folders avail otherwise i lost most of my flower wps and frilly ones! damn!
    03-28-11 11:43 AM
    WOW. I freak out and I lose about 20-25 a day
    I don't understand it Jaydee...you've tried everything, and this is a "new" device

you are abosolutely correct! 10mins is tooooo damn long! if your back-ups go quickly, I wouldn't worry too much about it then
    I will if it takes that long, believe me.
    03-28-11 11:43 AM
    Near as I can tell, this resides in your 32MB Device Memory (as it's displayed in MeterBerry). Not knowing what you are running on your phone, I'd think that your phone would run better if you freed up 22% of the operating space. Mine's never got that large (typically mine sits at around 2.5-3MB), so I can't say for sure. I clear mine just because it seems to make the boot time shorter.
    hmmm....ok something to think about. Might just do it then and see what happens...
    I don't have much running...maybe 5 apps, the rest is mostly skins, wp's and themes...But it won't hurt to clean house so I'll give it a go later. Thanks

omg, i had folders created in my media pictures, that were saved thru the device memory, their all gone. I hope the back up of my mem card i did yest has those folders avail otherwise i lost most of my flower wps and frilly ones! damn!
    Hope you can get them back! I would not be happy either!
    03-28-11 11:49 AM
    Clearing the Content Store shoudln't have dumped any of that. I don't lose files when I clear mine.
    03-28-11 11:49 AM
    Clearing the Content Store shoudln't have dumped any of that. I don't lose files when I clear mine.
    well, idk what hap'd. but i can say i had to go into my media one day and expand the mb's it holds because it said something like "the device mem is out of room to store this folder" which leads me to believe those few folders i had, didnt get stored on my sd card. they were thru the device mem.

I hope my file i have with my mem card stuff has them in there. this blows.... fix one thing and it screws another!
    03-28-11 11:53 AM
    ok, idk what just went on here. but i lost all of my fonts as well..... i had to go in and reload the FontCollection app. i'm really really confused here. I'm checking the rest of my apps now just to be sure. It looks like my ringtones are gone too...those were saved to my sd card. I really dont understand what happened here.
    Edit: ringtones showed back up.
    it had to of taken something off my bb, my bb meter was at 265 prior to deleting the content and now its at 277

so....can i do a selective restore and put just the content store back on my device so i can get those things back?

edit 2: ok, had to re-install font collection, and then all the custom fonts i added on were still on my sd card, but have to be re-installed. phew.....ok so not too bad. just need to get all my pix i lost back. this should be fun, lol.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 12:19 PM.
    03-28-11 12:05 PM
    So Jaydee then your 89mb leak sounds like the worst yet. I don't understand how all your bolds can leak so bad. Wtf is going on? Is there a hole in it?

03-28-11 12:06 PM
    I just noticed something kinda cool with OM. If you have BB key press enabled and your in CB for instance and press"F" it brings up a tray and you enter a letter and it searches for everything , kinda neat. I'm probably the last one to notice this I suppose.

03-28-11 12:11 PM
    OUCH! I'm down 4MB after 68 hours 26 mins 16 secs
    03-28-11 12:20 PM
    this is just plain insanity!! i'd be banging my head against the wall and throwing my bb out a CLOSED window! i don't understand wtf could be going on with your device. I loose about 22mbs a day, sometimes less if i dont change themes and bw sets as much.
    03-28-11 12:21 PM
    ok, idk what just went on here. but i lost all of my fonts as well..... i had to go in and reload the FontCollection app. i'm really really confused here. I'm checking the rest of my apps now just to be sure. It looks like my ringtones are gone too...those were saved to my sd card. I really dont understand what happened here.

it had to of taken something off my bb, my bb meter was at 265 prior to deleting the content and now its at 277

so....can i do a selective restore and put just the content store back on my device so i can get those things back?
    Yes, you can. I found more information by writing directly to RIM. They sent me a link to a KB article that defines all the databases. It looks like it also stores pictures and other media content stored in the onboard memory. It didn't say anything about fonts and such.

KB03974-List of all databases on the BlackBerry smartphone

Just restore your Content Store with a selective restore, then move those files to your SD card. After you reboot, you can copy just the wallpapers and such that you are using to the device memory. Remember that it's a good idea to store your files on the SD card and work with copies.

By what RIM says, I should lose my wallpapers, custom ringtones, etc. when I dump my Content Store. However, I lose nothing. I wonder if that is stored someplace else too?

EDIT: It also looks like that 32MB of "Device Memory" as reported by MeterBerry is the memory storage set aside in your Media options for storing media in flash memory. If you change it to 15MB, the Device Memory in MB changes too.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-28-11 at 12:34 PM.
    03-28-11 12:24 PM
    I cleaned the content store just now. My phone boots faster but it dumped all the installed fonts I had so they had to go back on. No biggie, they are stored on my card.

But I didn't lose pictures of anything...at least I don't THINK I did.... Nope, ringtones and sounds still there.
    Pink
    OMG!!!!

I called VZW about my vacation (with no internet service)
    They said I can get mobile Broadband Connect for 2GB of data for 20 bucks. If I call back after my vacation, I can get it pro-rated.
    Does that sound acceptable? Then I can use my BB, my tether app (which I already own) and my home laptop, right?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-28-11 at 12:35 PM.
    03-28-11 12:30 PM
    So Jaydee then your 89mb leak sounds like the worst yet. I don't understand how all your bolds can leak so bad. Wtf is going on? Is there a hole in it?

HAHA. There's a hole in the bucket dear Henry...
    Do you remember that song?
    Or am I the only oldster to remember that one?

Must be me...

Yes, can you believe it? Course, I changed themes 5, 6, 7 times to write reviews and also changed BattEx and BeWeather skins so I expect that kinda loss. But see how well I'm taking it? I don't complain much anymore, do I?
    03-28-11 12:39 PM
    OUCH! I'm down 4MB after 68 hours 26 mins 16 secs
    Yes, but I have 30 themes INSTALLED along with my apps.
    So I do some trimming and backup my apps, then delete back to about 20. That makes my bb go..."WHEW!!!!"

Looks like yesterday was a banner day...from 4:30am to 4:20 the next morning...
    120MB

Have you ever seen anything like it?
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-28-11 at 12:51 PM.
    03-28-11 12:45 PM
    ok, rebooting now. so i did a selective restore and just added back the 'content store' of 14.83mbs i dumped originally before. I'm going to have to go back thru my pix and see what DIDN'T go onto my sd card and why.....then of course move those pix so they are on my card.

once i'm back up i'll check on the pix.

Jaydee, I lost my fonts also, but a click of 'install tff' and i can get them back so thats no biggie. its a couple of my pix folders that i lost and idk why thats what i'm going to investigate now. I think when i had to 'expand' my file room thru the media, i believe that goes thru the device memory and thats why i lost those folders of pix.

ok, i'll post back in a little while after i see what going down here on my berry now!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 01:00 PM.
    03-28-11 12:50 PM
23,186 ... 530531532533534 ...