Cant you remove them with BBSAK or DM?
    Yes! you're right! Using DM you can remove the content store but i should research it more before I have Pink do anything that might affect her bb. I'd feel terrible if I gave her the wrong info!!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 08:39 AM
    To clear the Content Store:

1. Connect your phone to your PC and open DM.
    2. MAKE A BACKUP
    3. Select DEVICE/DELETE DATA
    4. Choose SELECTED DATA
    5. Scroll down to CONTENT STORE
    6. Hit DELETE

Remember also to skip the Content Store when you do a selective restore after a wipe and reload.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-28-11 at 08:43 AM.
    03-28-11 08:40 AM

2. MAKE A BACKUP
    4. Choose SELECTED DATA
    6. Hit DELETE

Remember also to skip the Content Store when you do a selective restore after a wipe and reload.
    Thank, Chief. I thought there was an easy way. I only restore calendar an contacts, there, IMO, is junk.
    03-28-11 08:53 AM
    ty underway. Now doing that, what should I expect as far as what it deletes? Am I going to have to restore my stuff back after I do this? Do I have to worry about anything on my sd card? Am I going to have to reload the os? and approx how long would this take to do?

sorry for the questions, as I've NEVER done this before ever. And I don't know what to expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-11 09:00 AM
    Paul, I understand your frustration. You have to go with what makes sense for you, I've thought about it myself. We'll miss you but you can always pop in you know that.

03-28-11 09:02 AM
    ty underway. Now doing that, what should I expect as far as what it deletes? Am I going to have to restore my stuff back after I do this? Do I have to worry about anything on my sd card? Am I going to have to reload the os?

sorry for the questions, as I've NEVER done this before ever. And I don't know what to expect.

Nope. It is one of the databases that the device builds as it needs it. It has nothing to do with your SD card. No programs or personal data are stored there. Delete away.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-28-11 at 09:04 AM.
    03-28-11 09:02 AM
    ok, tyvm for this 99, I really appreciate the help in a BIG way I'm amazed still at how long I've used a bb that I'm still learning as I go. (Having adhd makes things a little more difficult at times)

I appreciate everyones patients as well

03-28-11 09:05 AM
    Paul, I understand your frustration. You have to go with what makes sense for you, I've thought about it myself. We'll miss you but you can always pop in you know that.

Hey Keith, thanks for the kind words. I know we're running all the same betas and OS, does your camera app work?
    03-28-11 09:06 AM
    ok, tyvm for this 99, I really appreciate the help in a BIG way I'm amazed still at how long I've used a bb that I'm still learning as I go. (Having adhd makes things a little more difficult at times)

I appreciate everyones patients as well

There'll always be something to learn, Pink. It usually not until we screw something up that forces us to figure out how to unscrew it. That's the best way to learn anyway!!!
    03-28-11 09:07 AM

2. MAKE A BACKUP
    4. Choose SELECTED DATA
    6. Hit DELETE

I KNEW someone would know!!!
    Thanks Underway. Now will that help Pink with her problem?
    03-28-11 09:14 AM
    I KNEW someone would know!!!
    Thanks Underway. Now will that help Pink with her problem?
    It might. I'm not sure why she wants to clear the Content Store. If it is to make the reboot and backup time a little shorter, then yes, clearing the Content Store will help. Just how much shorter will depend on the size of the database. It'll expand again, too.

As I understand it, the Content Store holds information about downloaded applications. Yes, that includes iconsets and themes. Not the app itself, just source, date, etc. If you download alot and often, the Content Store will get pretty large. She should be able to delete that database with no ill effect. I delete mine all the time.

You know, JayDee, I didn't think of that when you were still concerned about your memory loss. You've said that you're always loading something on your phone. How large has YOUR Content Store database grown?
    03-28-11 09:39 AM
    It might. I'm not sure why she wants to clear the Content Store. If it is to make the reboot and backup time a little shorter, then yes, clearing the Content Store will help. Just how much shorter will depend on the size of the database. It'll expand again, too.

As I understand it, the Content Store holds information about downloaded applications. Yes, that includes iconsets and themes. Not the app itself, just source, date, etc. If you download alot and often, the Content Store will get pretty large. She should be able to delete that database with no ill effect. I delete mine all the time.

You know, JayDee, I didn't think of that when you were still concerned about your memory loss. You've said that you're always loading something on your phone. How large has YOUR Content Store database grown?
    Besides plugging into my PC to check, how else can I tell the size?
    03-28-11 09:49 AM
    I don't know. The Content Store is an elusive subject. It's tough to find much information about it from any one source.
    03-28-11 09:55 AM
    I can't find database sizes on the device yet.
    03-28-11 10:01 AM
    I found this on another forum:

Check Options > Device > Device and Status Information, open the menu and select Database Sizes.
    Scroll down to Content Store. It displays the number of records and the storage space.
    03-28-11 10:10 AM

Scroll down to Content Store. It displays the number of records and the storage space.
    I knew it was in there somewhere, I just didn;t click the menu button
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 10:16 AM

OK!!! Yay!
    Using that i see 95/3229.7k
    What size is that?
    3 MB?????

Oops time to delete!!!!
    Paul, My camera works fine running 524. No lag on pic scrolling either. If you decide to go with another device it's not like you can never come back to BB either ya know. I can see it now, you'll be starting a "I 'm back" thread. LOL. Seriously tho if you don't try it on for size how would you know it would be a good fit. I've had many a touch screen phone in the past and just finally realized that they're not for me. I got to have the real kb. I'm excited to maybe get the touch bold since it will still have the physical kb.
    But geez, It's only a phone for gosh sakes. I used to buy and sell one a month on average.
    BB is just what it is, if you do go you will def be missed around here, but I hope you pop in and keep us posted from time to time. Finally, my BB makes me feel like an individual, not one of the common masses who follow appe or google. It makes me feel like I stand out.
    Side note: I'm having fun with my bro and his gf who are staying with me and both have Bolds. Never did a battery pull ever! Talk about laggy. But two very typical users. They were easily amazed, I must say.
    Side note: my OM has become extremely laggy typing, now I see what everybody's been talking about, Sheesh!!!

Hey Keith, thanks for the kind words. I know we're running all the same betas and OS, does your camera app work?
    I'm running .431 and my camera works fine.

03-28-11 10:18 AM
    I knew it was in there somewhere, I just didn;t click the menu button
    Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, you can't manage (i.e. DELETE) the database files from there. All you can do is look at them.
    03-28-11 10:19 AM
    Side note: my OM has become extremely laggy typing, now I see what everybody's been talking about, Sheesh!!!
    I tried OM for a bit while I was using straight 524. The lag with OM is one of the things that drove me to dump OM and try King's v3 hybrid. It's Java from 524 and a little 486 with the 376 radio from 466. Browser is quick as before, supposedly better than his v2.1 hybrid (it uses the 524 browser), but the 376 radio eliminates the CB forum display problem.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-28-11 at 11:04 AM.
    03-28-11 10:24 AM
    Paul, My camera works fine running 524. No lag on pic scrolling either. If you decide to go with another device it's not like you can never come back to BB either ya know. I can see it now, you'll be starting a "I 'm back" thread. LOL. Seriously tho if you don't try it on for size how would you know it would be a good fit. I've had many a touch screen phone in the past and just finally realized that they're not for me. I got to have the real kb. I'm excited to maybe get the touch bold since it will still have the physical kb.
    But geez, It's only a phone for gosh sakes. I used to buy and sell one a month on average.
    BB is just what it is, if you do go you will def be missed around here, but I hope you pop in and keep us posted from time to time. Finally, my BB makes me feel like an individual, not one of the common masses who follow appe or google. It makes me feel like I stand out.
    Side note: I'm having fun with my bro and his gf who are staying with me and both have Bolds. Never did a battery pull ever! Talk about laggy. But two very typical users. They were easily amazed, I must say.

I will definitely post a "Leaving for android" thread and then subsequent "I'm back.." thread. You'll notice the first replies will also be from me saying:

"Who the **** cares???"
    03-28-11 10:25 AM
    I will definitely post a "Leaving for android" thread and then subsequent "I'm back.." thread. You'll notice the first replies will also be from me saying:

"Who the **** cares???"
    Welcome back pc!
    We've missed you! This is the 'ole pc we've come to know!!!

And in honor of that...let me post several screen shots!
    03-28-11 10:50 AM
    Welcome back pc! Good to have you ramblin again even if you might leave us soon Your knowledge and uhm comments will be missed

Do I have to worry about this content store? mine is 141/7994.3K....what does this mean

Post away, Jaydee...I can join in if you like, lol!
    03-28-11 11:04 AM
    Welcome back pc! Good to have you ramblin again even if you might leave us soon Your knowledge and uhm comments will be missed

Do I have to worry about this content store? mine is 141/7994.3K....what does this mean

Post away, Jaydee...I can join in if you like, lol!
    I wouldn't worry about it. You'll boot and backup faster without loading a 7.6MB data file. It stores information about your downloaded files and is rebuilt as it's needed. I've not seen any difference in how my phone works after I clear it. Your 141/7994K refers to 141 records in the database and the database size is 7994KB.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-28-11 11:18 AM
23,186 ... 529530531532533 ...