Congrats to hamster for becoming a BB master. Next stop "genius"!

Underway, did you test drive "kings" latest? If so, how's it?
    Running it now. This browser is slick. It works like the older one (pre-524) browser did. Signal seems pretty good, too. I'm working through some uncaught exception errors though. It ran great (no errors) naked, so it is no doubt one of my apps, but troublesome nonetheless.

Oh, there was a problem with VAD too. The same one that was in King's and Shane's 466 builds. I used the fix that Shane posted and VAD is good.

EDIT: I just got a PM from the builder. He'll repost v3 tonight with the VAD fix.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-27-11 at 11:53 AM.
    03-27-11 11:41 AM
    You need to PM PC with your screenies. They'll make his day.

Yes, JayDee, I got the DDDroid version straightened out. It only took Mobihand four days and three requests to get it done. I guess they can't be spot-on all the time. You're right, BTW, the custom version is slick. The app description needs to be revised to illustrate the differences between the versions. I also grabbed Rotor. It looks cool and such, but seems a bit busy for my taste.

I loaded Al's new Tabbed last night, too. Wow. I suppose that the only change that I'd like to see to this is to make the tabs at the bottom (Contacts, Media, etc) be customizable. And I'd really like to have all of his themes use the same location conventions. For example, have app 13 always be the left OCD slot, and app 14 always the right OCD slot. That would make switching among his themes a whole lot easier.
    I think I will send Paul a screenie or two. Just to wake him up! LOL
    If you want changes in the theme, please PM Al3axzim and ask him. If he can do it, he will let you know. I am getting a custom myself.

As for the same app being the OCD slot, each theme varies with how many you can have so I'm pretty sure that's not possible. But as the girlz will tell you, switching themes and icons is half the fun!!!!
    03-27-11 11:43 AM
    OMG!!!! Hamster is a master!!!!
    Congrats!

I didn't know Cami is making themes for OS6. She must have decided to start. I will have to see what her new one is all about.
    03-27-11 11:49 AM
    OMG!!!! Hamster is a master!!!!
    Congrats!

I didn't know Cami is making themes for OS6. She must have decided to start. I will have to see what her new one is all about.
    Thank-you Jaydee!

I didn't either, and thought she only made them for her theme club, but I guess she decided to share this one! It's very nice....I think you will like it
    03-27-11 11:53 AM
    Posting all these screenshots has now made me Master! I just noticed
    Congrats Hamster! You are a master with all your knowledge of themes, wallpaper, and BB Boss OS shrinking.
    03-27-11 11:55 AM
    Congrats Hamster! You are a master with all your knowledge of themes, wallpaper, and BB Boss OS shrinking.
    LMAO!! Oh yes, I am most certainly very familiar with the "boss"

Thanks, Midd
    03-27-11 12:01 PM
    Running it now. This browser is slick. It works like the older one (pre-524) browser did. Signal seems pretty good, too. I'm working through some uncaught exception errors though. It ran great (no errors) naked, so it is no doubt one of my apps, but troublesome nonetheless.

Oh, there was a problem with VAD too. The same one that was in King's and Shane's 466 builds. I used the fix that Shane posted and VAD is good.

EDIT: I just got a PM from the builder. He'll repost v3 tonight with the VAD fix.
    Thanks for the review. I always shrink out VAD anyway in all my installs as it's not anything I use. I always get three errors on reboot also and always have. I've learned to ignore them and just x em out.
    I made a nice clean theme that has one issue and it won't let me access my sound notification profiles. I get an error. I had this happen before and just redid the theme differently, but I'd like to keep this one. Gonna work on a fix for a bit.
    03-27-11 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the review. I always shrink out VAD anyway in all my installs as it's not anything I use. I always get three errors on reboot also and always have. I've learned to ignore them and just x em out.
    I made a nice clean theme that has one issue and it won't let me access my sound notification profiles. I get an error. I had this happen before and just redid the theme differently, but I'd like to keep this one. Gonna work on a fix for a bit.
    I remembered this morning when I saw the errors on reboot that you had the same issue. But I knew that they weren't caused by the OS, so I have spent the past two hours tracking this down. By deleting apps one at a time, I've so far eliminated three of the uncaught exception errors. I deleted and reinstalled BB Protect, BB Travel (BETA) and MailMinder. I have one of errors left, along with a null pointer exception.

To tell you the truth, I don't see much difference between this build (v3) and his last. If the big difference in 524 was a better browser and radio, this build uses the 376 radio from 466 and a lot of 480 and 524 Java. If you're happy with v2.1, I'd stay there.
    03-27-11 12:43 PM
    I remembered this morning when I saw the errors on reboot that you had the same issue. But I knew that they weren't caused by the OS, so I have spent the past two hours tracking this down. By deleting apps one at a time, I've so far eliminated three of the uncaught exception errors. I deleted and reinstalled BB Protect, BB Travel (BETA) and MailMinder. I have one of errors left, along with a null pointer exception.

To tell you the truth, I don't see much difference between this build (v3) and his last. If the big difference in 524 was a better browser and radio, this build uses the 376 radio from 466 and a lot of 480 and 524 Java. If you're happy with v2.1, I'd stay there.
    I did like his last hybrid alot but I'm happy with the straight 524. I probably will stick with this then. I don't have the browser issue you were having with CB being off centered. Not using it for CB anyway.LOL. I'm very happy browsing CB with OM6 and the 524 browser is great for everything else.
    I have yet to see the wifi bug come up, although wifi is pretty lame against the normal 3G signal. I've never had wifi on any phone that wasn't leaps and bounds ahead of the carrier signal for speed. (until now)
    03-27-11 12:52 PM
    I did like his last hybrid alot but I'm happy with the straight 524. I probably will stick with this then. I don't have the browser issue you were having with CB being off centered. Not using it for CB anyway.LOL. I'm very happy browsing CB with OM6 and the 524 browser is great for everything else.
    I have yet to see the wifi bug come up, although wifi is pretty lame against the normal 3G signal. I've never had wifi on any phone that wasn't leaps and bounds ahead of the carrier signal for speed. (until now)
    King told me that the 438 radio in 524 is the culprit for the browser format issue, and that he had also experienced it. And it was just for CB forums, not the entire site or any other site that I found. The WiFi browser bug is gone for the moment, too. We'll see on that one. This hybrid also does not like custom themes or Fixmo Tools. They're causing the NullPointerException errors.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-27-11 at 02:37 PM. Reason: ID exception error source
    03-27-11 01:00 PM
    You need to PM PC with your screenies. They'll make his day.

Yeah, I just love screenies. Hey, I know I've been threatening this for a long time, but I'm really comingto the end of the line here with RIM.

I'm running 524 and my daughter was in a playon Friday, and when I went to take pictures with my Bold, clicking on the camera button made it seem like it was taking a picture, but in reality nothing happened.

Looking around me at the other parents with iphones all having no problems, really struck a chord with me. I just don't think I can continue to stick with RIM.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 03-28-11 at 07:27 AM.
    03-28-11 07:21 AM
    G'morn all Ye'ramblers!

Jaydee, I think I'm catching your cold! lol. and 2 of my kids are sick. 101/102 fevers. To the docs we go today! Oh YaY!

any whooo, I have a question for any/all of you, who ever responds I've noticed lately when doing a backup on dm, my bb always lingers on "content store" for quite some time., I'm talking up to 5mins sometimes. I ALWAYS close out my browser/clear cache prior to doing a back up, doesn't help. Its seems on os6 its takes longer to do a back up then it did on os5. Sometimes i'm talking 8-10mins. Any of you experiencing this long of a back up?

and i'm looking into 'dropbox' today as well. hoping to get that set up in between meds & docs appts!
    03-28-11 07:25 AM
    Yeah, I just love screenies. Hey, I know I've been threatening this for a long time, but I'm really comingto the end of the line here with RIM.

I'm running 524 and my daughter was in a playon Friday, and when I went to take pictures with my Bold, clicking on the camera button made it seem like it was taking a picture, but in reality nothing happened.

Looking around me at the other parents with iphones all having no problems, really struck a chord with me. I just don't think I can be defending constant failure anymore.
    My Bil who was abb user since the 1st Storm,& S2. jumped ship for droid X in Sept. and now ditched that immediately upon the iPhone being released. Both him & his wife have one. They looove it to death. I'm not encouraging you at all, by all means you need to do what fits/suits your needs best. The iPhone I'm sure is a nice device, but for me, no i dont think so.

So thru all my babble there, do what you need to fit your needs! btw, G'morn Pc!

on another note this a.m., my daughters 8530 froze when she turned it on this a.m., had to pull the batt and the damn thing took 20mins to reboot
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 07:32 AM.
    03-28-11 07:29 AM

Looking around me at the other parents with iphones all having no problems, really struck a chord with me. I just don't think I can continue to stick with RIM.
    I'm on 431 and I have no problem with my camera.
    03-28-11 07:35 AM
    Pink, content store is the largest database on your phone. Check to make sure it's not larger than a MB or so tho. If it is, you are encouraged to delete it and let the phone build it again. Maybe Underway or Middbrew can help you there. I know when I called VZW about my memory loss, they talked to me about the database being too large.
    ok, how do i check it though? i've never done that before

and what effects will it have by deleting it? files? etc.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 07:42 AM.
    03-28-11 07:39 AM

Oh and BTW, we will miss you!
    03-28-11 07:45 AM
    My Bil who was abb user since the 1st Storm,& S2. jumped ship for droid X in Sept. and now ditched that immediately upon the iPhone being released. Both him & his wife have one. They looove it to death. I'm not encouraging you at all, by all means you need to do what fits/suits your needs best. The iPhone I'm sure is a nice device, but for me, no i dont think so.

So thru all my babble there, do what you need to fit your needs! btw, G'morn Pc!

on another note this a.m., my daughters 8530 froze when she turned it on this a.m., had to pull the batt and the damn thing took 20mins to reboot
    I just looked Friday, and Droid2 must be discontinued, and replaced by Droid2 Global....not paying $169 for that. DroidX is available for $119, I may get it this week, I'm going to go kick tires after work today.

I wouldn't get an iphone either, but it fried me to no end when I couldn't take a picture of my daughter performing and people using iphones had no problem zooming and snapping.

The point is RIM's continued ridiculous pattern of fixing one problem (wifi internet connection) but breaking something that was already functioning (camera app).
    03-28-11 07:45 AM
    I'm on 431 and I have no problem with my camera.
    It works on 431

Oh and BTW, we will miss you!
    I'll miss the ramblers too, but I've been IT blocked at work for so long now, my presence here is a fading memory anyway. who knows, I'll probably p|ss and moan and end up sticking with the piece of junk for a while longer.
    03-28-11 07:48 AM
    I just looked Friday, and Droid2 must be discontinued, and replaced by Droid2 Global....not paying $169 for that. DroidX is available for $119, I may get it this week, I'm going to go kick tires after work today.

I wouldn't get an iphone either, but it fried me to no end when I couldn't take a picture of my daughter performing and people using iphones had no problem zooming and snapping.

The point is RIM's continued ridiculous pattern of fixing one problem (wifi internet connection) but breaking something that was already functioning (camera app).
    oh yea, i understood your point. Well, your not in a rush of course, take your time to make your decision wisely, which i'm sure you know My Uncle & another Bil have the DX and they love it. I've played around with it and it is a nice device, just not for me

and of course we would miss you being around!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 07:53 AM.
    03-28-11 07:50 AM
    Jaydee, when you said that maybe i should delete my content store because it may be over 1mb, were you referring to when clearing the cache where the option is to also clear the "pushed content?" That i always do clear.

other than that, idk of any other content storage your referring to, or where i need to look, OR i just don't realize it. (yes, i'm clueless atm.)

(did a search and came up dry also)
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-28-11 at 08:14 AM.
    03-28-11 08:00 AM
    It works on 431

I'll miss the ramblers too, but I've been IT blocked at work for so long now, my presence here is a fading memory anyway. who knows, I'll probably p|ss and moan and end up sticking with the piece of junk for a while longer.
    Oh YES! pc whooooo?
    What are you, f*cking crazy?
    Who's gonna cry a river when you leave? Any guesses?
    03-28-11 08:09 AM
    Oh YES! pc whooooo?
    What are you, f*cking crazy?
    Who's gonna cry a river when you leave? Any guesses?
    Umm, surely it'll be a case of :

03-28-11 08:17 AM
    Umm, surely it'll be a case of :

You KNOW that's not true! People ask about you all the time here. And I don't think I am going to go into how I would feel.

Just the thought is making me tear up and my nose is already plugged from my cold...
    03-28-11 08:19 AM
    Jaydee, when you said that maybe i should delete my content store because it may be over 1mb, were you referring to when clearing the cache where the option is to also clear the "pushed content?" That i always do clear.

other than that, idk of any other content storage your referring to, or where i need to look, OR i just don't realize it. (yes, i'm clueless atm.)

(did a search and came up dry also)
    Pink, give me a few minutes to find the database sizes on my phone and then I can tell you where to look.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-28-11 08:22 AM
    Pink, give me a few minutes to find the database sizes on my phone and then I can tell you where to look.
    Cant you remove them with BBSAK or DM?
    03-28-11 08:27 AM
23,186 ... 528529530531532 ...