That is so weird, that you have the issue. Mine is so great and so many others are fine as well. Did you say you posted in the om forum about it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes I posted in the apps section in the thread for Om, I subscribed but I don't think anyone has responded yet. Right now I'm typing back on OM and no lag....its like it comes and goes with no rhyme or reason

03-23-11 03:52 PM
    yes I posted in the apps section in the thread for Om, I subscribed but I don't think anyone has responded yet. Right now I'm typing back on OM and no lag....its like it comes and goes with no rhyme or reason

Maybe it's working out some kinks and will settle in soon. Hopefully.

03-23-11 03:54 PM
    TJ, your font is way to small for me, which makes om better imo. Also, om is faster than the BB browser. It gives you a choice of column view or full page. It's all relative as to who likes which one better. Some things om will do better and some things oem will do better. It's just good to have the choice. Om is my CB browser simply for the speed and ease of reading and posting.

Ahhhh, I understand now and thanks for clarifying. I have to admit that I tend to lag behind and let all of you brave souls try things out! I'm too chicken shizzle to take some risks!

03-23-11 03:55 PM
    Ahhhh, I understand now and thanks for clarifying. I have to admit that I tend to lag behind and let all of you brave souls try things out! I'm too chicken shizzle to take some risks!

It's a simple download really, you should try it. OTA from their site. Won't hurt to try. I can understand your not wanting to mess up your bold, but really it's a piece of cake. It makes forum browsing/posting fun again.

03-23-11 03:58 PM
    Maybe it's working out some kinks and will settle in soon. Hopefully.

I hope your right I'm happy with the 'view' of the CB forum and how quickly things load up!

03-23-11 03:59 PM
    Sorry to change the subject for just a moment, but I have been meaning to ask this for three days and keep getting distracted (imagine that, lol).

During my first shrink last week using Boss I shrunk out all the fonts. This is fine except that I REALLY miss my comic sans font. I emailed font collection support and asked them about it and their response was....retrieve it by simply downloading the .tff and install it on your blackberry.

Well, that makes no sense to Tammy whatsoever so hoping y'all could help me out!

Off to the OR....will check back later gaters and TIA!!!

03-23-11 04:01 PM
    I hope your right I'm happy with the 'view' of the CB forum and how quickly things load up!

Yeah, so convince TJ. It's a good thing and nice upgrade option. I love the speed of this browser. I had it on my old tmo 8700 way back, the bb browser sucked then also.

03-23-11 04:02 PM
    Yeah, so convince TJ. It's a good thing and nice upgrade option. I love the speed of this browser. I had it on my old tmo 8700 way back, the bb browser sucked then also.

Haha! I just braved shrinkage last week! Baby steps here

03-23-11 04:05 PM
    Haha! I just braved shrinkage last week! Baby steps here

Shrinking is more nerve rackingly stressfull than installing om. Ask Pink.

03-23-11 04:10 PM
    TJ, regarding "font collection" why can't you just D/L it from your mobihand acct. ? All my purchased apps are there being stored. Yours should be to if you got it from app world, CB or mobihand. Actually not sure about app world purchases as I don't use them. Go to Apps and Accessories - MobiHand Superstore and see if you have it.

03-23-11 04:17 PM
    Hi Jim; thank you for your lengthy and helpful response to my question about os 524. I may give it a shot tonight. I am having neck surgery Friday morning so I need to do it soon or after I am back to normal (my wife may dispute the definition of normal). Thanks again for your time.
    03-23-11 04:24 PM

LMAO! Jim, ya had to relive that moment for me didn't you oh god, I was a wreck that morning! LMAO!!!!

And Tj, shrinking is more technically challenging that loading OM ota, really-it is a piece of cake

03-23-11 04:24 PM
    Hi Jim; thank you for your lengthy and helpful response to my question about os 524. I may give it a shot tonight. I am having neck surgery Friday morning so I need to do it soon or after I am back to normal (my wife may dispute the definition of normal). Thanks again for your time.
    oh gosh Runkle, good luck & wishing you well for a speedy recovery for your neck surgery

03-23-11 04:26 PM
    TJ, regarding "font collection" why can't you just D/L it from your mobihand acct. ? All my purchased apps are there being stored. Yours should be to if you got it from app world, CB or mobihand. Actually not sure about app world purchases as I don't use them. Go to Apps and Accessories - MobiHand Superstore and see if you have it.

Ok, I have a few extra minutes here......I do have the font collection app, but when I emailed them about the comic sans font (it's not one in the app)....that's when they told me they can't have access to that particular font, but simply dwld the .ttf and put on my blackberry.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense....I'm trying to hurry and type before the next case, lol!

03-23-11 04:30 PM
    Thanks Pink. I am sure it will go well. I just love arthritis.
    03-23-11 04:30 PM
    Tj go to the font app thread in the app section of the forum, and someone may have posted that font on there. Dwld it to your comp & then install it similar to installing skins for BattEx. I'll grab the font link for you gimme few to get it
    Ok here the thread link. I believe it has direction how to install also. Its simple
    Font collectio app fonts

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-23-11 at 04:38 PM.
    03-23-11 04:33 PM

Heck yes! Nothing to it, TJ Shrinking is by far more nerve racking and requires a lot of guns and tonics

Good luck, Runkle...I hope all goes well for you. And no one here is quite normal, lol!
    03-23-11 04:40 PM
    Ok, I have a few extra minutes here......I do have the font collection app, but when I emailed them about the comic sans font (it's not one in the app)....that's when they told me they can't have access to that particular font, but simply dwld the .ttf and put on my blackberry.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense....I'm trying to hurry and type before the next case, lol!

Tj..
    You could try the link P1nk posted, and if it's not there, I found this link, you could download it from here: Comic Sans MS KOI8 | Koi8 | TTF | >>> Free True Type Fonts
    03-23-11 04:48 PM
    You know the odd thing is, I had OM on my 8900. But I used it for everything BUT CB forums because I liked the way the native browser displayed it better. Now its the opposite. I really do like the default browser for a lot of things but for CB forums I gotta have OM now.
    I'm thinking RIM should partnered with OM instead of Torch mobile.

03-23-11 04:54 PM
    Good call Hamster! Tj could dlwd the font from your link and use my link for 'how to' install instructions! .

03-23-11 05:05 PM
    Good call Hamster! Tj could dlwd the font from your link and use my link for 'how to' install instructions! .

Just trying to help...I saw her post and went to look for it didn't know you had posted the font link...
    Well, TJ is covered now
    03-23-11 05:10 PM
    And I thought "comic sans" was one of the font collection fonts. I coulda swore it was there before the last upgrade they had.

03-23-11 05:17 PM
    Just trying to help...I saw her post and went to look for it didn't know you had posted the font link...
    Well, TJ is covered now
    its all good! Teamwork!
    And I thought "comic sans" was one of the font collection fonts. I coulda swore it was there before the last upgrade they had.

ya know Jim, you might be right. But I honestly don't remember either old age! LOL

03-23-11 05:20 PM
    well everyone, just wanted to pop in and let you know that since loading OM 3 times, (3rds a charm sort of-lol) its has been better with the typing than the first time was AND I'm using my comfortaa font I had a bit of a lag today on and off but nothing like it was the first time around. SO I'm hoping like Jim said, its just "settling" in! Oh, and someone did finally reply in the OM thread about the 'slow typing' also.

G'nite all!

03-23-11 07:43 PM
    well everyone, just wanted to pop in and let you know that since loading OM 3 times, (3rds a charm sort of-lol) its has been better with the typing than the first time was AND I'm using my comfortaa font I had a bit of a lag today on and off but nothing like it was the first time around. SO I'm hoping like Jim said, its just "settling" in! Oh, and someone did finally reply in the OM thread about the 'slow typing' also.

G'nite all!

Let's hope it is resolved the slow typing issue soon. I don't have it but I guess I'm a lucky.
    03-23-11 08:00 PM
23,186 ... 524525526527528 ...