ok so I changed my font to 'Tahoma' as Jim suggested and I'll see what happens now thru the day. I'll keep you all updated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 11:18 AM
    Morning Pink and all the other ramblers. I did not know you had BB Meter Pink so there may be no need for you to have meterberry. Hope everybody has a good day. Off to work in a few minutes.
    sorry I missed your post Runkle. Yea I have BB Meter, so I think I'll just stick with it ty anyway.

(Ok, as I typed this still had a lag even on a bb default font I'll wait today l if i don't see an improvement-il try deleting l re-installing. I wonder could I be typing to fast for this to keep up but I never had a prob on Bolt or the oem browser. )

03-23-11 11:30 AM
    ok so I changed my font to 'Tahoma' as Jim suggested and I'll see what happens now thru the day. I'll keep you all updated

Yes! Please do...I have bb sans alpha...hmm as I am typing this there is a lag? Idk what is going on

03-23-11 11:32 AM
    ok so I'm not crazy your seeing it happen on & off too!! Idk, its weird. Now its not doing it and sometimes it does!! dammed if I know!

03-23-11 11:35 AM
    Ok - I'm typing without quoting and its fine. You are right P1nk. The lag is only there when you quote and reply. And believe me I'm a slow typer so it is not the speed that is the provlem, lol!

03-23-11 11:37 AM
    Could it be a CB forum issue then? Have you tried typing on another site? What about typing an email or text? FB or some other site.

03-23-11 11:53 AM
    Jim I haven't gone on any other sites with OM, just haven't had time to. Typing on my bb for an email or text msg is fine-no lag. In fact no lag on oem browser or Bolt either. Its just on OM, on CB, and its really bad when I quote someone. Its lagging right now, but not as bad as when I quote.

Well I did head over to the apps forum and posted my gripe there, I'll see if anyone is experiencing what hamster & I are.

And now its lagging terribly again as I post this

03-23-11 12:12 PM
    Jim I haven't gone on any other sites with OM, just haven't had time to. Typing on my bb for an email or text msg is fine-no lag. In fact no lag on oem browser or Bolt either. Its just on OM, on CB, and its really bad when I quote someone. Its lagging right now, but not as bad as when I quote.

Well I did head over to the apps forum and posted my gripe there, I'll see if anyone is experiencing what hamster & I are.

And now its lagging terribly again as I post this

Have you tried dumping it and reloading a fresh copy? If not I'd do that as someone else suggested a while back. The good thing is you determined it's not your custom fonts you enjoy so much. Also, I was wondering if you've possibly messed with some settings with in om itself. Try the reload tho.
    My font keeps up fine with my typing, no problem. I had issues with bolt and the bb oem both in this regard.
    03-23-11 12:15 PM
    Have you tried dumping it and reloading a fresh copy? If not I'd do that as someone else suggested a while back. The good thing is you determined it's not your custom fonts you enjoy so much. Also, I was wondering if you've possibly messed with some settings with in om itself. Try the reload tho.
    My font keeps up fine with my typing, no problem. I had issues with bolt and the bb oem both in this regard.
    yes, Midd suggested it. I'm dropping it like a hot potato now and will reboot/reload. As for the settings, nope didn't change anything except the font size setting and the BB shortcuts thing. and added my own tab there in the beginning boxes with CB instead, so far. Rebooting now. I'll reload and see what happens. I'll keep ya posted.
    Thanks Jim.

edit: ok, re-installed OM, bp'd & rebooting again. i'll go from here now & see what happens after i get all set up.....again i HOPE this works.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-23-11 at 12:31 PM.
    03-23-11 12:20 PM
    ok, tell me there isn't something kookie going on. I loaded OM6, saw it on my device! rebooted....and its gone! nowhere to be found. not hidden. not in the apps. i already did device>app management. its just not here. WTF?????

im dowlding again....this time i wont reboot till i set everything up. idk wtf is going on!! now i'm freakin p!ssed!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-23-11 at 12:43 PM.
    03-23-11 12:40 PM
    ok, tell me there isn't something kookie going on. I loaded OM6, saw it on my device! rebooted....and its gone! nowhere to be found. not hidden. not in the apps. i already did device>app management. its just not here. WTF?????

im dowlding again....this time i wont reboot till i set everything up. idk wtf is going on!! now i'm freakin p!ssed!
    Whenever I can't find an app I want I let Q/L find it. Works everytime and fast.
    03-23-11 12:49 PM
    Whenever I can't find an app I want I let Q/L find it. Works everytime and fast.
    Jim, it just wasn't anywhere. Even in the menu where it lists alll your apps & themes. not on the list. like it never existed on my bb. idk. this thing will make me crazy.

alright, i'm reloaded and have it open. i'll jump to there to post for a bit and see what happens. i didnt do a batt pull again. i'm leaving it be for now. i'll bp later if necessary.
    03-23-11 12:52 PM
    ok I'm on OM right now. I'll see how the posting goes and hopefully the lag went away. Throwing this thing through a closed window may sound tempting right now

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-23-11 at 01:03 PM.
    03-23-11 12:57 PM
    P1nk, how is the posting now? Any better?
    03-23-11 02:44 PM
    Pink,
    You need a gun and tonic right now!!!
    Hope it's all working for you correctly.
    03-23-11 02:49 PM
    P1nk, how is the posting now? Any better?
    thanks for asking Hamster, idk. Its not improved really & the lag is still there sometimes, but not always. Soo now that I've confused you, lol, I think its the same as before. I'll know when I post more-i haven't reaLly been on.

03-23-11 02:55 PM
    Pink,
    You need a gun and tonic right now!!!
    Hope it's all working for you correctly.
    just one gun & tonic?!?! I'll take the whole bottle of gun!! LOL

03-23-11 03:15 PM
    Curious , but was wondering if anybody knows the diff between the 2 protocals socket/http setting for om. I had it on socket since I downloaded and just switched to http. Not seeing any diff as yet.

03-23-11 03:34 PM
    Curious , but was wondering if anybody knows the diff between the 2 protocals socket/http setting for om. I had it on socket since I downloaded and just switched to http. Not seeing any diff as yet.

idk Jim, I was actually wondering the same thing, what is the difference?

03-23-11 03:38 PM
    I was hoping my font would start lagging, then I could say BINGO! LOL!

03-23-11 03:40 PM
    I was hoping my font would start lagging, then I could say BINGO! LOL!

Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! Lmao! Oh well, no such luck! Trust me you don't want it to lag! I'm on the oem browser right now cuz OM decided to do the font thing....now.

03-23-11 03:42 PM
    Hello all....am catching up on the om discussions and would like to pose a question. This is the native browser view I have always had on CB (mobile). Could someone post a screenshot of what om looks like that makes it so much better?
    PS I am rarely on my pc....probably browse the forums 90% of the time on my bb
    TIA

03-23-11 03:44 PM
    That is so weird, that you have the issue. Mine is so great and so many others are fine as well. Did you say you posted in the om forum about it?

03-23-11 03:44 PM
    Here's a ss of my homepage

03-23-11 03:48 PM
    TJ, your font is way to small for me, which makes om better imo. Also, om is faster than the BB browser. It gives you a choice of column view or full page. It's all relative as to who likes which one better. Some things om will do better and some things oem will do better. It's just good to have the choice. Om is my CB browser simply for the speed and ease of reading and posting.

03-23-11 03:50 PM
23,186 ... 523524525526527 ...