And this is exactly why I came over here. To see if the Ramblers were discussing OM6, and Ta-Da! you are. Cool, now I will do the lurker thing and wait to see how you all like it before I download it for myself.
    03-23-11 01:03 AM
    And this is exactly why I came over here. To see if the Ramblers were discussing OM6, and Ta-Da! you are. Cool, now I will do the lurker thing and wait to see how you all like it before I download it for myself.
    There really is no better way to read these forums on your BB. Go ahead and download so you can join the fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 01:14 AM
    There really is no better way to read these forums on your BB. Go ahead and download so you can join the fun!

I agree! I think OM6 loads pages so much faster than the native browser. I'm using it for all my browsing now.
    03-23-11 06:16 AM
    Don't wait! Do it, it is awesome. I had given up browsing, posting, especially on CB, and this solves the problem by far!

+1 It really is great.

I agree! I think OM6 loads pages so much faster than the native browser. I'm using it for all my browsing now.
    I can't believe how much faster this is What a difference. Why can RIM not do this???
    03-23-11 06:45 AM
    Hi Jaydee,

To delete those saved boxes...."Select and hold an element of the page for additional actions in a context menu." In other words.......make sure your mouse cursor is over the box and then press your track pad until it shows more options.

You might also want to check this link out. Guide to using Opera for phones It answered a lot of my questions.
    TYvm for this Mojave! I knew there was a way to replace them, I just hadn't fig'd it out yet. Your the best, doll!
    Any idea on how or if you can make OM the default browser?

No you can't. I sure wish you could. I'm really liking it better than the native browser.
    +1 to this. I WISH there were a way to make it the DB. Unfortunately not, but i did add it to QL
    I'm not sure why you're seeing such a bad lag when typing. You might delete it and reinstall it.

Thanks Midd, idk either. I will keep an eye on it today to see if i have any issue with it. I know the one time aft i did a batt pull it was laggy cuz my bb was still indexing etc., so that may have just been why. But, keeping an eye on it and if it continues to be a prob today I will delete/reboot/re-install(which is what i was fig'ing culd resolve) Thanks for the input as well!
    TA-DAAAAA! Yes we are gabbing away about it. Don't hesitat Essex, dwld now girl! OM flies, runs circles around Bolt. Its even quicker that the native browser!
    +1 for myself as well!
    03-23-11 07:58 AM
    I can't believe how much faster this is What a difference. Why can RIM not do this???
    I had OM waaaaay back on my curve in 08' and it was quicker then the native browser at the time as well, and I also liked it very much. Used it alot back then actually. Now, I'm sooo happy its back showing love for the t-pad! I've often wondered why it is RIM isn't able to do this either......or they just don't want to. IDK.

G'Morning all! Snowing here again! OH YAY Welcome Spring!

Jaydee, snowing by you as well?
    03-23-11 08:02 AM
    runkle, i FINALLY checked out MB, I might load it up. Haven't decided at this point because I have BB Meter, which does the same thing except reboot my bb, and for that i do a 3 finger salute or pop the battery out, which is not a big deal. TY for your input on it though, I appreciate it I did see good recent reviews about it so far, so idk, we'll see what happens!
    03-23-11 08:16 AM
    oh my gosh! I just heard the news, Elizabeth Taylor passed away!!!! How sad!

03-23-11 08:24 AM
    Morning Pink and all the other ramblers. I did not know you had BB Meter Pink so there may be no need for you to have meterberry. Hope everybody has a good day. Off to work in a few minutes.
    03-23-11 08:39 AM
    Hey Jim, I know you are playing around with the new leaked os. Can you give specific reasons why you think it is better than the previous os? I am using 436 from Alltel and have had good luck with it across the board. Not sure I want to change unless there is a good reason to make the switch. Thanks.
    03-23-11 08:41 AM
    The only thin I don't like about OM is that it does the Font Data calculation scanning every time I open it. Why does it have to do that? It takes 10-15 minutes.

That's not a faster browser.
    03-23-11 08:45 AM
    The only thin I don't like about OM is that it does the Font Data calculation scanning every time I open it. Why does it have to do that? It takes 10-15 minutes.

I think OM6 is the fastest browser I have ever used on any mobile device, including the DX I used to have. It is just unreal how fast it loads pages.

03-23-11 09:20 AM
    I think OM6 is the fastest browser I have ever used on any mobile device, including the DX I used to have. It is just unreal how fast it loads pages.

Yeah I'm so glad its fast for you, but you obviously didn't read what circumstances I described above.

It is NOT fast if it has to spend 15 minutes filing fonts every time I open the browser.
    Do you have any ideas or HELP for me?
    03-23-11 09:35 AM
    Mojave- If I highlight an icon...a little box with a pre-determined bookmark in Opera, there are no other choices to delete it or anything. Can you give me instructions again? I'm having a bit of trouble. OM actually locked up my device trying to delete those bookmarks.
    03-23-11 09:38 AM
    Mojave- If I highlight an icon...a little box with a pre-determined bookmark in Opera, there are no other choices to delete it or anything. Can you give me instructions again? I'm having a bit of trouble. OM actually locked up my device trying to delete those bookmarks.
    Jaydee, do you mean those little boxes that first show up when you open OM?
    With Amazon, FB etc?

What I did was as Mojave suggested. Highlight the box and press the TP for a few seconds and I get a little menu with clear or edit. Edit allows you to just type in another url or whatever and clear removes the link.
    See if that helps.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-23-11 09:47 AM
    jaydee for the OM font thing, my device did that to me twice. So after it re-filed the 2nd time I did a bp and it hasn't done it again. Although might I add, if you change fonts on your berry OM will reformat again to acustome to the font your using.

As for the bOokmark thing-when you click and hold it down a menu will come up-i think 'edit' or 'replace' and just put it what you want. I only did it once so my directions may be a little fuzzy.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-23-11 09:48 AM

Mine did that also, but only the first coupla times, then quit. I've also just been leaving om open all the time anyway and find that helpful. I have BB key presses enabled so an "R" press for instance is all I need to refresh everything.
    @Pink if your laggyness continues with the typing font try installing a BB native font like Tahoma reboot and see if that helps. I think om spends a lot of time syncing with our font symtems and that could maybe the issue. I have no lag at all. Even on the BB browser I had some lag.

jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-23-11 09:58 AM
    Jaydee, do you mean those little boxes that first show up when you open OM?
    With Amazon, FB etc?

What I did was as Mojave suggested. Highlight the box and press the TP for a few seconds and I get a little menu with clear or edit. Edit allows you to just type in another url or whatever and clear removes the link.
    See if that helps.
    OK, I see what she means and following everyone's directions, I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!

Thank you! everyone!!
    03-23-11 10:00 AM

Yes, that is sad and I had not heard yet. I had a major crush on her when she starred in National Velvet, as did a lot of kids my age at the time. Time continues to march on, something we have no control over. TY for the post.

03-23-11 10:08 AM
    I had OM waaaaay back on my curve in 08' and it was quicker then the native browser at the time as well, and I also liked it very much. Used it alot back then actually. Now, I'm sooo happy its back showing love for the t-pad! I've often wondered why it is RIM isn't able to do this either......or they just don't want to. IDK.

G'Morning all! Snowing here again! OH YAY Welcome Spring!

Jaydee, snowing by you as well?
    Kudos for opera mini. It has always been a good fast browser. I had it first on a sammy dumb phone way back in 2002. It certainly makes CB a peasure to browse/post.

03-23-11 10:14 AM
    Hey Jim, I know you are playing around with the new leaked os. Can you give specific reasons why you think it is better than the previous os? I am using 436 from Alltel and have had good luck with it across the board. Not sure I want to change unless there is a good reason to make the switch. Thanks.
    I came from a hybrid by way of 431 and I think 524 is the best, most stable, speediest, smoothest etc,etc, os I've had on my bold yet. IMHO it doesn't get any better and now with om6 this is one he!! Of a smokin' hot BB bold. If your happy with 436 tho it may be worth your while to just stick with it. One big thing I noticed with 524 is the native browser speed is ramped up a bit and also there are more available tabs. With om6 available now tho the oem browser improvements is probably a moot point as I'll be using om6 for a lot of my web browsing. Upgrading only takes me from 30 to 40 min and I always seem to have an easy time of it so I don't mind doing it. It's a very good and solid os tho. I would not hesitate if you got a hankerin'.

03-23-11 10:25 AM
    Mine did that also, but only the first coupla times, then quit. I've also just been leaving om open all the time anyway and find that helpful. I have BB key presses enabled so an "R" press for instance is all I need to refresh everything.
    @Pink if your laggyness continues with the typing font try installing a BB native font like Tahoma reboot and see if that helps. I think om spends a lot of time syncing with our font symtems and that could maybe the issue. I have no lag at all. Even on the BB browser I had some lag.

I do the same here Jim, leave OM open and bb keys enabled as well for the "R" etc.

As for the font thing you mentioned, that didn't even cross my mind. As I type this, its happening again. Took 3 mins just to type this and I can type 70wpm. This is a joke.

03-23-11 10:35 AM
    Yes, that is sad and I had not heard yet. I had a major crush on her when she starred in National Velvet, as did a lot of kids my age at the time. Time continues to march on, something we have no control over. TY for the post.

yw, she was a beautiful woman, she was 79yo.

03-23-11 10:37 AM

Truly sad. She was a wonderful actress.

OK, I see what she means and following everyone's directions, I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!

Thank you! everyone!!
    No problem, Jaydee....
    Apart from the font loading thing, what do you think of it?
    I have my font set to default whatever that is alpha something and that's prob why I'm not having trouble loading.
    That sucks that it take so long to load if you are using a custom font or something

I do the same here Jim, leave OM open and bb keys enabled as well for the "R" etc.

As for the font thing you mentioned, that didn't even cross my mind. As I type this, its happening again. Took 3 mins just to type this and I can type 70wpm. This is a joke.

No lag today...must be because I haven't changed my system font, you think?
    03-23-11 10:54 AM
    jaydee, glad you got that worked out doll!

@Hamster, idk what it could be-when I type in a reply box this way its not bad, just a slight lag. I'm using "comfortaa" font. Its my fav-goes well with Clockr, same font used in the theme
    When I quote someone, OMG it takes FOREVER!!!!

I'll prob try a 'default' font & see how it goes. But I don't want to change my font just for this UGH.

03-23-11 11:13 AM
23,186 ... 522523524525526 ...