well Jim, my issue comes with using so many diff themes, sometimes 3 or 4 a day. and each theme has their own 'icons' to set up. Now once you get the theme, batt pull and set up, the next time you use it and BP, all the icons will stay where put. Its when activating a new theme, batt pull, that those 'new' icons (cuz the theme is new) have to be 'set' for that theme. Its just a PITA sometimes. did ya get what i mean? i hope i didn't confuse anyone. lol.

thats why i was curious if the sb's could be deleted without ever re-appearing again.
    Understand. Now I know what your talking about. Tooooo many themes sounds like.
    03-22-11 01:06 PM
    I have my om setting to wap3 to get the column view. Otherwise it's the full webpage experience.

I have mobile view off. Does anyone know what the blackberry setting does over the opera mini setting? I'm trying both and can't tell any diff.

OK just tried mobile view, don't see any diff with it. Still looking.

EDIT: I figured out the BB setting instead of om setting gives you bb key shortcuts. Cool.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-22-11 at 01:14 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-22-11 01:08 PM
    Understand. Now I know what your talking about. Tooooo many themes sounds like.
    lol, noooooooo! never tooo many! I ONLY have about 24! hey, I like a variety on my BB
    03-22-11 01:08 PM
    I have my om setting to wap3 to get the column view. Otherwise it's the full webpage experience.
    thanks Jim, thats where i'm livin at too, wap3 with a nice column view on OM.
    03-22-11 01:10 PM

I have mobile view off. Does anyone know what the blackberry setting does over the opera mini setting? I'm trying both and can't tell any diff.
    How do you set WAP3 on OM?

SHORTCUT SCHEME is for browser shortcuts. If you set to Blackberry, the normal BB browser shortcuts work (R for page reload, S for settings, etc.). If you use the OM setting, you'll use whatever shortcuts are programmed into the app.
    03-22-11 01:14 PM
    How do you set WAP3 on OM?
    Go to the bottom of CB page and you'll see a box.(default) Click for drop down choices.
    BAD advice. scratch this^ sorry

EDIT: having the BB key choices is awesome. Helps with the learning curve alot.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-22-11 at 01:21 PM.
    03-22-11 01:17 PM
    I'd like to know how to set wap3 on OM as well... I tried both views and it all looks the same to me

And I never got the oem browser to look like it does in that sreen shot

Pink - I have the same issues with the icons all coming back and having to refile them...blah. Something I have just learned to deal with.
    03-22-11 01:21 PM
    Try this:
    It says "new crackberry theme" click it for wap3. You might have to reload page after.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-22-11 01:24 PM
    Try this:
    It says "new crackberry theme" click it for wap3. You might have to reload page after.
    On OM or oem browser? I'm all confused now, lol!
    03-22-11 01:27 PM
    Ha, just noticed something. Everytime I change fonts om has to do that 5 minute reconfigure thing re font info.
    So, is everybody HAPPY!
    03-22-11 01:35 PM
    On OM or oem browser? I'm all confused now, lol!
    OM browser.
    03-22-11 01:36 PM
    OM browser.
    Ahhh. Cool, ok all is good now. Thanks, Jim!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 01:40 PM
    Try this:
    I did that. I thought that you found a WAP setting for specifically for OM.

This is what my wife's 431 browser looks like right now.

03-22-11 01:41 PM
    I did that. I thought that you found a WAP setting for specifically for OM.

This is what my wife's 431 browser looks like right now.

I do believe this is what I can recreate when I go to CB via BB browser and do not enable "default" view. It is a type of column view absolutely, but for me the font is to small and when I go bigger it begins the scrolling need.

Are you in the column view with the om browser yet then?
    03-22-11 01:46 PM
    I do believe this is what I can recreate when I go to CB via BB browser and do not enable "default" view. It is a type of column view absolutely, but for me the font is to small and when I go bigger it begins the scrolling need.

Are you in the column view with the om browser yet then?
    Yes, but the more I use it, the less I like it.

I can recreate it, but the tabs and such don't center with it. It seems almost like the browser doesn't recognize the right border of the window.

Based on what JayDee said, I thought that the change was with the site. But since I can still get the old view on my wife's Bold with 431, I think the new browser is the problem.
    03-22-11 01:51 PM
    Yes, but the more I use it, the less I like it.

I can recreate it, but the tabs and such don't center with it. It seems almost like the browser doesn't recognize the right border of the window.

Based on what JayDee said, I thought that the change was with the site. But since I can still get the old view on my wife's Bold with 431, I think the new browser is the problem.
    I think there were some site changes made the other day, not any idea what they did, just know it was down off and on.
    For me opera mini is my new best friend for browsing CB. It runs circles (speed wise) around the BB browser. But definitely use what works the best for you.
    The main reason I resisted os-6 so much was the browsing experience. Having om as an option really levels the playing field for me. Bolt is history, The BB oem will still be very valuable for other sites, but OM is rockin' CB.

Regarding os 431, it is a good os, no question about it. 524 doesn't bring any major changes imo except some browser speed tweaks along with stability fixes that I noticed. One other thing is the amount of open tabs I can have. More than I'll ever need. So whatever floats your boat the best.
    03-22-11 02:02 PM
    I think there were some site changes made the other day, not any idea what they did, just know it was down off and on.
    For me opera mini is my new best friend for browsing CB. It runs circles (speed wise) around the BB browser. But definitely use what works the best for you.
    The main reason I resisted os-6 so much was the browsing experience. Having om as an option really levels the playing field for me. Bolt is history, The BB oem will still be very valuable for other sites, but OM is rockin' CB.

Regarding os 431, it is a good os, no question about it. 524 doesn't bring any major changes imo except some browser speed tweaks along with stability fixes that I noticed. One other thing is the amount of open tabs I can have. More than I'll ever need. So whatever floats your boat the best.
    I just turned on my WiFi. The WiFi browser bug is back for me on this browser too, just like it was with the 466(499) hybrid.
    03-22-11 02:07 PM
    I just turned on my WiFi. The WiFi browser bug is back for me on this browser too, just like it was with the 466(499) hybrid.
    Interesting. I have had my wifi turned on since I loaded 524 and it has not cropped up yet. I said before I don't think the wifi works any better than the 3G as far as speeds. I'll be sure and post if the bug shows up tho.
    03-22-11 02:11 PM
    Interesting. I have had my wifi turned on since I loaded 524 and it has not cropped up yet. I said before I don't think the wifi works any better than the 3G as far as speeds. I'll be sure and post if the bug shows up tho.
    I agree. I turned it on to see if there was been a fix to what they unfixed from 431. It would seem, at least on my phone, that the browser improvements have come with a cost.
    03-22-11 02:14 PM
    I agree. I turned it on to see if there was been a fix to what they unfixed from 431. It would seem, at least on my phone, that the browser improvements have come with a cost.
    It amazes me how the same devices can seemingly be different in certain regards. Like JayDee's serious leak issues as one example. We come here to learn, and that we have, we try to help when we can, but since it seems not all bolds are created equal sometimes help can be hit/miss.

So you going to go back to 431 then? It is a solid os.
    03-22-11 02:19 PM
    Note the tabs on the purple tab bar

My wife's 431 browser with default settings:

My 524 browser on the same page and default settings:

The same page again with OM and OM default settings:

For the life of me, I just can't figure out what changed.
    03-22-11 02:25 PM
    Note the tabs on the purple tab bar

My wife's 431 browser with default settings:

My 524 browser on the same page and default settings:

The same page again with OM and OM default settings:

For the life of me, I just can't figure out what changed.
    OM wins by your screen shots. Just easier to see and more usable for me. If you change the om settings by toggling mobile view off/on you'll see a change. I prefer it off. And I see what you mean by off center
    03-22-11 02:29 PM
    Even more strange than the forum window not being centered, the CB homepage on the OEM browser is formatted correctly. What gives?

03-22-11 02:53 PM
    Ha, just noticed something. Everytime I change fonts om has to do that 5 minute reconfigure thing re font info.
    So, is everybody HAPPY!
    yes Jim I noticed that too with the font setting. BUT I do like that my font on my bb, "comfortaa", is showing up in OM for me its my new bff in fonts

OMG, I'm sooooo with you on OM! I was playing around with it and set the default view
    to the 'new forum look' AND put OM on mobile view, wow, this is SWEET!!! I can see the browser w/out reading glasses
    03-22-11 03:38 PM
    And that answers my question. Its about time CB!
    I'm still keeping Opera around as a backup tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Another reason to keep another browser around was that they could function, well, Bolt, anyway, could function even when the rim servers were down.
    03-22-11 03:48 PM
23,186 ... 520521522523524 ...