Thanks Jaydee and P1nk for the shortcuts...I like the theme, but to me it seems like a lot of work to get to what I want!
    I haven't tried them yet though...I'll set the theme and let you guys know if it worked for me.

Jaydee, I don't think you need OM, it's just that I can't get the text wrap to work on the native browser, and with OM it solves that for me. And the font is readable so for me, it works better. I ditched Bolt as well.
    I'm just using OM for the first time. Wow. This is the same view that I had before I loaded the new 524 leak. I want to make the native browser do this again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 11:30 AM
    Well that would make me happy because I hate Hidden Today...but sorry it doesn't work for you. OH well, maybe they disabled something cause its free???
    I don't mind about the hidden today either..don't use it if I have the choice.
    They must have, because the shortcuts don't work for me either.
    And for spacebar, I get calendar, not contacts

I like the theme and how clean it is....thanks again Jaydee!

ohhhh, don't be sorry! Its ok. I was starting to think something was VERY wrong with my berry. I did just dwld this a.m. So perhaps they did edit the link cuz its free I wouldve like the hidden slot tho, capZ/capX, but no biggie. Ty for posting the link, I do like the theme regardless

Nope, not your berry. They must have edited it or something. And yes, nice theme

I'm just using OM for the first time. Wow. This is the same view that I had before I loaded the new 524 leak. I want to make the native browser do this again.

Now wouldn't that be sweet?
    03-22-11 11:39 AM
    Now wouldn't that be sweet?
    Sure would. All my OS6 loads have worked just like OM until yesterday. I wonder what got changed in 524, and if I can unchange it?

Is "unchange" a word?
    03-22-11 11:45 AM
    How do you get it to stay in that format? I choose it, but I cannot get the browser to reconfigure.

EDIT: NVM. I got it. I'm not sure how much better this is. I'd rather have the WAP view from the older 431 or 466 browsers.
    Sorry 99, I overlooked your post trying to figure out this theme shortcut-im glad you fig'd it out!

OM is da'bomb!

@Hamster, LOL, my spacebar is contacts! Lmao. Someone was tinkering with the links & ok, I'm glad its not just mine that didn't work ...Whewwwww! ty for checking

03-22-11 11:46 AM
    [QUOTE=hamsterwheel;6152839]I don't mind about the hidden today either..don't use it if I have the choice.

/QUOTE]

The spacebar give you whatever the 15th icon is in your apps screen. Move whatever you want there and it will open with spacebar!
    03-22-11 11:47 AM
    Sure would. All my OS6 loads have worked just like OM until yesterday. I wonder what got changed in 524, and if I can unchange it?

Is "unchange" a word?
    Lol! It can be if you want. I like making things up!

03-22-11 11:55 AM

You sound like my nine-year-old.
    03-22-11 12:05 PM
    Sorry 99, I overlooked your post trying to figure out this theme shortcut-im glad you fig'd it out!

OM is da'bomb!

@Hamster, LOL, my spacebar is contacts! Lmao. Someone was tinkering with the links & ok, I'm glad its not just mine that didn't work ...Whewwwww! ty for checking

No problem, P1nk!! You are not going crazy!

03-22-11 12:11 PM
    [QUOTE=jaydee5799;6152868]
    I don't mind about the hidden today either..don't use it if I have the choice.

/QUOTE]

The spacebar give you whatever the 15th icon is in your apps screen. Move whatever you want there and it will open with spacebar!
    Lol! You really are patient with your "subjects". Thanks!

03-22-11 12:15 PM

Is "unchange" a word?
    I don't getcha. Your saying you had column view like browser viewing until 524?
    03-22-11 12:16 PM
    What, you didn't know I was only 9?? :-)

03-22-11 12:16 PM
    I don't getcha. Your saying you had column view like browser viewing until 524?
    Yup. Looked just like this.

I'm tempted to wipe and reload 431 to see if the browser changed or if CB changed something.
    03-22-11 12:23 PM

OK, your screenie makes it look larger than it actually is. This is the non default view. Go to the bottom and make the change and it should come back. I had this but didn't like the small size. Sometimes when you install a new os CB doesn't change accordingly and you need to re-enable certain features.
    03-22-11 12:27 PM
    EDIT: Underway, why not use om? It's column view is great. Much faster. Save the oem browser for other sites.
    03-22-11 12:30 PM
    OK, your screenie makes it look larger than it actually is. This is the non default view. Go to the bottom and make the change and it should come back. I had this but didn't like the small size. Sometimes when you install a new os CB doesn't change accordingly and you need to re-enable certain features.
    I did that. But when you zoom, the tab bar doesn't center, and there's now a horizontal scroll. With the older browser, the upper tabs and info at the bottom of the screen centered, and the horizontal window dimension locked to screen width.

I have OM loaded now. I may just use that for CB if I can't get this Webkit browser sorted out. My biggest issue with the OEM browser is that there seems to be no consistency from one site to the next. This would probably be a winner if it all worked the same.
    03-22-11 12:33 PM
    ty for this, it now makes sense why Hamster & mine were 2 diff functions using the same short cut. I just popped QL into that spot now I'm a happy gal! although, i do have "Q" set for a hot key w/QL too.

Me Too!
    LMAO!
    No problem, P1nk!! You are not going crazy!

awwww schucks, just when I thought i was gonna get to visit the padded rooms and bounce off the walls and have some fun!! LOL
    Lol! You really are patient with your "subjects". Thanks!

Yes, Jaydee is. Trust me, I would know. lol. Some of the things i've asked her I'm sure she's rolled her eyes at! Lol.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-22-11 12:35 PM
    EDIT: Underway, why not use om? It's column view is great. Much faster. Save the oem browser for other sites.
    Jim, I'm using OM with 'mobile view' and its quick as lightning loading up. How is it with the mobile view off? just as quick?

btw, Hamster, yes my BW is ok now too. about 1130-12noon it started updating again, thanks!
    03-22-11 12:39 PM
    Jim, I'm using OM with 'mobile view' and its quick as lightning loading up. How is it with the mobile view off? just as quick?
    It's still quick. you might want to try it both ways to see what you like better. I though that the mobile view was a bit too cluttered. I like having the separator line between posts, too.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-22-11 12:44 PM
    I did that. But when you zoom, the tab bar doesn't center, and there's now a horizontal scroll. With the older browser, the upper tabs and info at the bottom of the screen centered, and the horizontal window dimension locked to screen width.

I have OM loaded now. I may just use that for CB if I can't get this Webkit browser sorted out. My biggest issue with the OEM browser is that there seems to be no consistency from one site to the next. This would probably be a winner if it all worked the same.
    Yeah, I just tried it again, your right it's same here. Thats why I use the default view and the text wrap. You've tried that method? The text wrap works nice when it works, problem being it's not a consistent hit every time and it's also pretty slow. We've been needing a good browser for the forums ever since our trackpad enabled bolds came out. Funny how CB is all about BB and yet it is the worst forum for speed when mobile browsing and configuring the pages properly. The other forums I hang out and post at are much , much better. So use OM for CB and throw bolt out. OM is the best way to browse CB yet.
    Side note: This 524 is the best os I've had on my bold yet. IMHO only as I'm sure everybody has an opinion of their own. I'd stick with it and give it your best shot first before reverting back.
    03-22-11 12:46 PM

I'm tempted to wipe and reload 431 to see if the browser changed or if CB changed something.
    CB changed something, I'm telling you!

I click the tp once while it's loading and this is what I see.
    Never before has this happened to e=me!
    03-22-11 12:49 PM
    QUOTE]

It's still quick. you might want to try it both ways to see what you like better. I though that the mobile view was a bit too cluttered. I like having the separator line between posts, too.
    thanks for this 99. Ok, i'll pop in on that and turn mobil view off and see whats up there. I agree, the mobile view is a bit cluttered, but i have adjusted to it ok. I know what you mean with the separator lines inbetween each post.
    EDIT: yes, OM is just as quick with mobile view off TY 99.
    ok, I have another technical question for you guys/gals. Now, using Boss to shrink stuff out, knowing the items are taken off the bb because we gain memory from it, BUT the icons are still there. ie.-fb,slacker,myspace. you get the idea. so they are annoying. i do shove them in a bs folder. outta site. But on occassion, when loading a new theme, a batt pull is needed after setting up and all those little buggers come out all over my homescreen. UGH! file them away....again!

What my question here is, could i go into the service books menu on the bb and delete the modules for them? OR will they just be pushed back out at some point thru a batt pull? (i know they're empty icons & serve no purpose, except to be a PITA)

thanks for any insight on this
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-22-11 at 12:57 PM.
    03-22-11 12:50 PM
    Pink, I never had any issue with icons re-appearing after an alt/shift/del > press. They stay in the folder I put them in. Don't know about a battery pull, but would think it the same. No?
    I've heard thet verizon will push em right back via ota. I don't worry about them to ocd for me. Using Q/L for everything I seldom visit icons anyway.
    03-22-11 12:56 PM
    Pink, I never had any issue with icons re-appearing after an alt/shift/del > press. They stay in the folder I put them in. Don't know about a battery pull, but would think it the same. No?
    well Jim, my issue comes with using so many diff themes, sometimes 3 or 4 a day. and each theme has their own 'icons' to set up. Now once you get the theme, batt pull and set up, the next time you use it and BP, all the icons will stay where put. Its when activating a new theme, batt pull, that those 'new' icons (cuz the theme is new) have to be 'set' for that theme. Its just a PITA sometimes. did ya get what i mean? i hope i didn't confuse anyone. lol.

thats why i was curious if the sb's could be deleted without ever re-appearing again.
    03-22-11 01:00 PM

That's the same thing I get. If you're getting it with the 431 browser, then I don't need to wipe and reload. That'll save me two hours that I really should spend looking for work.

Lemme tell ya, looking for a job is a whole lot tougher than keeping one!
    03-22-11 01:01 PM

I need to try this again, the only way i get what you've got there is by setting the 'default view' and your saying your still on mobile view with this?

are you seeing the magnifying glass when you get this view Jaydee?
    03-22-11 01:03 PM
23,186 ... 519520521522523 ...