No apps that I am aware of Pink. I am pretty spartan when it comes to apps on my BB so I may not be the best source to answer your question.
    03-21-11 03:45 PM
    @Pink and JayDee, I still get the 3 startup errors after a reboot. It's something I shrink out causing it. I always do the complete shrinkola everytime. Doesn't bother me, Don't care. Now if it affected some operations I needed that would be a hugely different story. But the three Pink was getting are the same ones I think.
    Jim, honestly, I really don't know how you can "just deal" with seeing those errors on reboot. I mean, maybe I over-reacted yesterday a bit , but if i had to see those errors every reboot....no way. couldn't do.

I mean, after all that bit happened yest and I calmed down, i realized I didn't take anything off my phone that would cause major damage - I was able to kinda laugh and be like nothing terrible happened. I mean, TG i didn't brick the thing!!! But, i still wouldn't take that stuff off again because I dont want to see those errors.
    I know you guys don't believe me but I am off all hybrids.
    And guns & tonics until Easter.
    You will all hold me to it. I am keeping 431 since I don't have any trouble with it except the leaking that I normally have. And rebooting doesn't take all that long since I turned off memory cleaning so I don't mind rebooting.

Im back to screen shots everyday and a different theme even sometimes three times a day. It's part of my job...lol

I just like USING my phone right now like a normal person instead of tinkering.
    At least till after Easter!
    I'm with ya on this one Jaydee. 431. I'm tired of tinkering for now. I'll listen for feed back on the leak Jim just installed, but i don't think I'll be installing. I mean really, what a PITA to have to activate all the apps again not in the mood.

And like you, I've been changing themes like "it's my job" LOL its quite fun! I'm looking to purchase that one Hamster posted today, Bold Carbon. they have a PINK VERSION
    No apps that I am aware of Pink. I am pretty spartan when it comes to apps on my BB so I may not be the best source to answer your question.
    thanks runkle. I'm actually on my laptop now so I'll slide on over to Mobi and check out MB. The only thing I'm worried about with MB, is some people have complained of mem leaks using it, but I saw these comments going back about 6 mths now (??) approx. So IDK if the app has changed since then, and if its more than $2bucks, I prob won't be willing to find out if it leaks or not....I've already got a leak on my bb to worry about, i don't want something else helping it along faster
    03-21-11 04:36 PM
    Pink, If I had your install issues I'd be less inclined to upgrade also. My apps always come along, no problem. Reinputting codes takes all of 5 min. I have no themes. The one I use is easily reinstalled from a file. 2 min job. That's it. The whole thing from start to finish takes 30 to 40 min. Not sure why you have app code issues. Honestly , that is the easiest and fastest part of the process.
    My take on this upgrade is not Wowzers or anything. It is yet again, smoother and a bit quicker than the last it seems to me. On the 524 issues thread, everybody is stressing over the new fb,twit, bbm and some other stuff. Since BBM is all I use and only occasionally at best, that other stuff is lost on me.I do seem to be getting a better and more consistant RF l]. I like that. Social feeds to me are just meh. I access fb occassionally only and via a browser bookmark. To each their own. IMHO tho, this is a solid build and no issues for me so far.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-21-11 at 04:58 PM.
    03-21-11 04:53 PM
    Got a question for the Ramblers:
    What's the best way for me to back up apps and themes delivered OTA?
    I want to keep the cod (or alx and jad) with me on a storage card.
    Back it up via BBSAK?
    That's what I have been doing.
    Any other alternatives?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
    I've been downloading apps OTA to my computer using the OTA downloader in BBH Tool. Then I can copy the entire folder to my SD card so it's there if I want it. Remember that the BBH Tool will also make the ALX if you want it.
    03-21-11 04:54 PM
    Cbreze how about copy and paste? Does that work in this build?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 05:15 PM
    Cbreze how about copy and paste? Does that work in this build?

It worked to input my app codes, so I would say yes.

03-21-11 05:27 PM
    Grrrr! All I want to do is load this latest leak. Apploader keeps crashing. Not during the loading process, but during the first time it connects to check versions.
    This has happened before and I think I fixed it by loading on a different computer. After that it worked fine, I think.
    I'm still happy running king's hybrid though, so this is only a slight frustration.

03-21-11 06:12 PM
    Pink, If I had your install issues I'd be less inclined to upgrade also. My apps always come along, no problem. Reinputting codes takes all of 5 min. I have no themes. The one I use is easily reinstalled from a file. 2 min job. That's it. The whole thing from start to finish takes 30 to 40 min. Not sure why you have app code issues. Honestly , that is the easiest and fastest part of the process.
    My take on this upgrade is not Wowzers or anything. It is yet again, smoother and a bit quicker than the last it seems to me. On the 524 issues thread, everybody is stressing over the new fb,twit, bbm and some other stuff. Since BBM is all I use and only occasionally at best, that other stuff is lost on me.I do seem to be getting a better and more consistant RF l]. I like that. Social feeds to me are just meh. I access fb occassionally only and via a browser bookmark. To each their own. IMHO tho, this is a solid build and no issues for me so far.
    Jim, I have no issues with installs with my apps & themes carrying over. It was on 443 that i had issues with the copy/paste function for EVERYTHING! hence, not being able to c/p key codes for apps. Maybe thats what your thinking of? I also rem, Jaydee had an issue with an install a lil while back with her stuff not transferring over completely & only some of it did. Maybe your confusing that with me. lol. My issue is shrinking direct on the bb with Boss! The Boss & I don't seem to get along too well

but at any rate, with this leak, i'll sit back and watch the comments to see what goes on. keep us updated on how its going for you
    03-21-11 06:20 PM
    Grrrr! All I want to do is load this latest leak. Apploader keeps crashing. Not during the loading process, but during the first time it connects to check versions.
    This has happened before and I think I fixed it by loading on a different computer. After that it worked fine, I think.
    I'm still happy running king's hybrid though, so this is only a slight frustration.
    I don't understand your app loader crashing. Are you checking your shared files to make sure the os file is in there? Then once this is confirmed you open app loader and it should be fine. My app loader just starts up with a double click, it doesn't connect to check anything if the os is installed on my pc, it's good to go.
    And of course I remove any previous installed versions.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-21-11 at 07:09 PM.
    03-21-11 07:01 PM
    Jim, I have no issues with installs with my apps & themes carrying over. It was on 443 that i had issues with the copy/paste function for EVERYTHING! hence, not being able to c/p key codes for apps. Maybe thats what your thinking of? I also rem, Jaydee had an issue with an install a lil while back with her stuff not transferring over completely & only some of it did. Maybe your confusing that with me. lol. My issue is shrinking direct on the bb with Boss! The Boss & I don't seem to get along too well

but at any rate, with this leak, i'll sit back and watch the comments to see what goes on. keep us updated on how its going for you
    O.K. then. It's hard to keep up with everybody and their issues loading stuff. Copy/paste is working fine for me with this build. Also, not sure but my last build I thought I could only open 4 tabs in the browser, with 524 I've had 6 open, no problem. Not sure what the limit is. The more I use this the more I see how solid it is. Big improvement for me I think.
    BTW: Now that your a boss shrinking pro, be sure and do all your shrinking before the loading process. Saves so much time and aggravation.

EDIT:Wow, 9 browser tabs open. No browser hic cups, nothing. This is very cool!!
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-21-11 at 07:19 PM.
    03-21-11 07:05 PM
    O.K. then. It's hard to keep up with everybody and their issues loading stuff. Copy/paste is working fine for me with this build. Also, not sure but my last build I thought I could only open 4 tabs in the browser, with 524 I've had 6 open, no problem. Not sure what the limit is. The more I use this the more I see how solid it is. Big improvement for me I think.
    BTW: Now that your a boss shrinking pro, be sure and do all your shrinking before the loading process. Saves so much time and aggravation.

EDIT:Wow, 9 browser tabs open. No browser hic cups, nothing. This is very cool!!
    I've just been running this for a few hours, but it looks pretty sweet out of the box. Available memory is about the same as Shane's 466(499) hybrid. No idea yet about the battery. My daughter has a strings concert in a while. I may have to take a spare battery...
    03-21-11 07:35 PM
    So the idea that COLUMN VIEW was back (read in the leak thread) is wrong? Damn, I was so looking forward to loading OS 6 but .....
    03-21-11 07:35 PM
    So the idea that COLUMN VIEW was back (read in the leak thread) is wrong? Damn, I was so looking forward to loading OS 6 but .....
    Correct that's pure B.S. A very solid build tho. Battery life is undetermined as yet. But this rocks. Battery life is an after thought
    Also the copy/paste everybody likes is working.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-21-11 at 07:54 PM.
    03-21-11 07:50 PM
    Finally have a chance to load the OS.

That's too bad the column view was BS.
    03-21-11 07:54 PM
    The CB forums (this page) seems to be reformatting when I zoom. Nice clear font and everything. If this isn't column view...

EDIT: The whole CB site is working like it should. I haven't changed any settings yet -- just the default browser settings.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-21-11 at 07:56 PM.
    03-21-11 07:54 PM
    Girlz,
    grab this theme:

Free Theme : Tint Black Carol - BlackBerry Themes BlackBerryEmpire.com

I posted a screen shot in the 9650 thread. Black Tint Coral
    Thanks!!!! I downloaded it, but I wanted the purple and can't tell the difference in the links..am I missing something? And where is the options panel for the opacity, color, etc?
    And the second dock? Lol! Looks very nice but I don't know how to work it, lol!
    03-21-11 08:02 PM
    Thanks!!!! I downloaded it, but I wanted the purple and can't tell the difference in the links..am I missing something? And where is the options panel for the opacity, color, etc?
    And the second dock? Lol! Looks very nice but I don't know how to work it, lol!
    Set opacity with Alt O.
    That will change the color to purple kinda
    Alt Q
    Alt A toggle the text menu on and off

EDIT: No, only the coral is out there are a freebie. Not the purple.
    03-21-11 08:08 PM
    Set opacity with Alt O.
    That will change the color to purple kinda
    Alt Q
    Alt A toggle the text menu on and off

EDIT: No, only the coral is out there are a freebie. Not the purple.
    Ahhhh. No problem, it looks good in coral
    Thank-you for clearing that up for me! And for the tip

What am I going to do with my theme addiction??
    03-21-11 08:13 PM
    Girlz,
    grab this theme:

Free Theme : Tint Black Carol - BlackBerry Themes BlackBerryEmpire.com

I posted a screen shot in the 9650 thread. Black Tint Coral
    I hope you do not mind if some of the "Boys" grab it as well.
    Though I am missing how to work some of the options as well.
    03-21-11 08:17 PM
    I was so looking forward to loading OS 6 but .....
    Dang F2, so you haven't even tried 6 yet? Knowing you can go back to 5 if you really hate it? I went back and forth probably about a dozen times at least before realizing 6 is where it's at for me. To each their own, but dude, you should at least pass judgement on it yourself. Feedback is good, but we as individuals have the final say as to what we like and don't...... just sayin'
    03-21-11 08:18 PM
    The CB forums (this page) seems to be reformatting when I zoom. Nice clear font and everything. If this isn't column view...

EDIT: The whole CB site is working like it should. I haven't changed any settings yet -- just the default browser settings.
    My browser did that in previous builds but I had to have the forum default setting enabled to make it work properly.
    03-21-11 08:20 PM
    I don't understand your app loader crashing. Are you checking your shared files to make sure the os file is in there? Then once this is confirmed you open app loader and it should be fine. My app loader just starts up with a double click, it doesn't connect to check anything if the os is installed on my pc, it's good to go.
    And of course I remove any previous installed versions.
    As does mine when its not Monday apparently. Did nothing different than when I loaded kings hybrid.

03-21-11 08:25 PM
    The radio for 466 was 374. The column view question was based on a report in the Leaks and Findings thread.
    Interesting, I've got .466 with King's v2.1 and it has .376. Do you know if he swapped the .sfi file?
    03-21-11 08:30 PM
    Interesting, I've got .466 with King's v2.1 and it has .376. Do you know if he swapped the .sfi file?
    No, I fat-fingered it. 466 has the 376 radio.

03-21-11 08:36 PM
    Jim, glad to hear that you think this one is a solid build. I loaded King's v2.1 last night, had some errors similar to those that one of the girls had which like you I ignored for the moment. Problem is that in 21h I have lost 19MB which is unheard of on my device, not good. When I started loader.exe it appeared to be working well but ended up at a 507 error so I had to restart the load and use my BBSAK backup to get my apps back. Rather annoying to say the least.

I just finished DLing .524, I'll be off to scrub .466+King from my HD and load .524. I'll again shrink the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks (to quote JayDee) out of it and load it on my device. I certainly hope that I don't run to a 507 again.
    03-21-11 08:41 PM
23,186 ... 516517518519520 ...