OK!!!PHEW! Midd, I fixed it w/out having to reload the os. I went thru AppLoader and like you said it prompted me to add some apps back. I added back AppWorld, PTt and a few other 'stock' VzW modules. It fixed it, upon reboot i'm error free. TG! I was soooo upset. but now i'm back down to 241mb so I guess I'll attempt a shrink again, BUT only what i shrunk out the very first time i did it and not add any additional stuff on like i did this time

Tyvm for being there for me Midd. appreciate it, i was on the brink of a breakdown LOL. my poor baby had a boo-boo! lol.
    Interesting!! Late last night (and probably one too many glasses of moscato, lol) I connected to BB Desktop Software and all kinds of things had red astericks beside them....even the basic OS was checked saying it needed to be update along with 'Help' and several other 'required applications' that needed to be installed!
    I unplugged it and did nothing, but wondering if this is normal after I shrink stuff???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 10:42 AM
    Jim, tyvm for your input the errors upon reboot were just bugging the he!! outta me-it really freaked me out, as you can see from my posts-lol. I'm not sure, but I think it may have been bb app world, idk cuz I took CityID & Tasks along with it. So it couldve been either one of those.

Alright well, at least I know that those errors that went away with a click of 'ok' weren't doing any harm-it was because of the shrink I did Phewwww! You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that from someone(you) that gets these errors as well. I won't shrink those 3 things again tho, it will bug me to see those errors upon reboot everyday.

Ty again Midd and Jim!
    03-20-11 10:45 AM
    Interesting!! Late last night (and probably one too many glasses of moscato, lol) I connected to BB Desktop Software and all kinds of things had red astericks beside them....even the basic OS was checked saying it needed to be update along with 'Help' and several other 'required applications' that needed to be installed!
    I unplugged it and did nothing, but wondering if this is normal after I shrink stuff???
    I do not get those prompts when I connect. I only use DM to store files and as a backup option.
    03-20-11 10:46 AM
    Jim, tyvm for your input the errors upon reboot were just bugging the he!! outta me-it really freaked me out, as you can see from my posts-lol. I'm not sure, but I think it may have been bb app world, idk cuz I took CityID & Tasks along with it. So it couldve been either one of those.

Alright well, at least I know that those errors that went away with a click of 'ok' weren't doing any harm-it was because of the shrink I did Phewwww! You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that from someone(you) that gets these errors as well. I won't shrink those 3 things again tho, it will bug me to see those errors upon reboot everyday.

Ty again Midd and Jim!
    WoW, and I thought I was OCD
    03-20-11 10:47 AM
    I do not get those prompts when I connect. I only use DM to store files and as a backup option.
    You are right and ty for clarifying....I got those prompts after I chose to have DM read my applications!
    So tell me....I have never found this AppLoader program I hear many of you reference. Do you have a link to it?
    Oh and tyvm for your help as well yesterday!! Very much appreciated and kept my extreme OCD in check! Lol

03-20-11 11:05 AM
    OK!!!PHEW! Midd, I fixed it w/out having to reload the os. I went thru AppLoader and like you said it prompted me to add some apps back. I added back AppWorld, PTt and a few other 'stock' VzW modules. It fixed it, upon reboot i'm error free. TG! I was soooo upset. but now i'm back down to 241mb so I guess I'll attempt a shrink again, BUT only what i shrunk out the very first time i did it and not add any additional stuff on like i did this time

Tyvm for being there for me Midd. appreciate it, i was on the brink of a breakdown LOL. my poor baby had a boo-boo! lol.
    Glad you got it back to where you want it. As cbreze said, even if you remove those files it won't make any difference with your BB not working. You don't need to be freaking out so those files are going to make that much difference on exctra memory gained so for your sanity just leave them on.

Thanks Midd! You have been sooo much help through this! I miss my comic sans silly-type font and really want it back....after Sunday Brunch at Granite City I will BBBoss away!!

Glad to help TJ. After you do it a few times you'll be an expert!
    03-20-11 11:06 AM
    You are right and ty for clarifying....I got those prompts after I chose to have DM read my applications!
    So tell me....I have never found this AppLoader program I hear many of you reference. Do you have a link to it?
    Oh and tyvm for your help as well yesterday!! Very much appreciated and kept my extreme OCD in check! Lol

You can find it where you installed the OS on to your computer. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Then you use the loader application to run the OS installation. If you're running a 32 bit window system it will be the same but without the (x86).
    03-20-11 11:12 AM
    I guess we crossed posted, was it appworld then? I could care less about having that piece of crapola.
    NO, Pink removed some stock VZW items and more than likely that was it. I still think removing PTT is a no-no. I do it and never get errors but I wonder if not having it leads to my leak...or Pink...she got everything back by putting on what BB Boss detected as needed.

Glad you are over the boo-boo Pink!

This is why I gave up STRESS, HYBRIDS, SHRINKING, and DRINKING for Lent!
    LMAO
    03-20-11 11:17 AM
    You can find it where you installed the OS on to your computer. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Then you use the loader application to run the OS installation. If you're running a 32 bit window system it will be the same but without the (x86).
    Thanks Mid! I am always amazed by how much I have learned about my actual pc since having my bb! I've never been one to reference specific program files as I figured I would just mess something up! Amazing

03-20-11 11:26 AM
    WoW, and I thought I was OCD
    lmao! you havent seen me in action at home! LOL!
    Glad you got it back to where you want it. As cbreze said, even if you remove those files it won't make any difference with your BB not working. You don't need to be freaking out so those files are going to make that much difference on exctra memory gained so for your sanity just leave them on.
    Thanks again Midd. As you said, and I will do is just leave those 3 files on, CityID, Tasks and crApp World.
    NO, Pink removed some stock VZW items and more than likely that was it. I still think removing PTT is a no-no. I do it and never get errors but I wonder if not having it leads to my leak...or Pink...she got everything back by putting on what BB Boss detected as needed.

Glad you are over the boo-boo Pink!

This is why I gave up STRESS, HYBRIDS, SHRINKING, and DRINKING for Lent!
    LMAO
    TY Jaydee. OH GOD stress was at its highest this morn with me! I was ready to cry i thought i 'broke' something! LOL I always remove PTT also. could removing that cause a leak i wonder

LMAO!!! I couldve drank a bottle of Grey Goose earlier!

SOOOO, after going thru that this morn, i decided to take a break, do a little cleaning, shower and shrink again. LOL. YES I DID. SO I opened up Boss again, took a BIG BREATHE and started checking things off.....again! This time I left App World, CityID and tasks alone. I shrunk and booted up no problems. No java.lang exceptions/errors or app timeout thingies. PHEWWWWW! so once again i went from 240MB, deleted 11 files thru Boss and came up with 272MB as i stand now. I'm leaving it there! lmao!

Yes Jim, I'm that ocd about those stupid error thingies showing up on reboot!
    and I finally registered my copy of Boss

Once again, TY Midd & Jim for tolerating my ocd freakin out-ness this a.m.!
    03-20-11 12:02 PM
    HAHA Pink!! I did drink the whole bottle of Moscato last night!! Sooo glad I'm not the only one who gets all kinds of worked up over these things!

PS Maybe I need to work a little harder on finding a boyfriend or something, lmao!!!
    03-20-11 12:10 PM
    Pink, you are not OCD about those errors showing up on reboot.
    That is utter ridiculousness!!
    Why would anyone have errors on reboot? I shrink practically everything off my phone to begin with and I never have an error on reboot! You were right to put things back till it cleared. Maybe, as Midd said, next time you install an upgrade, do a good shrinking BEFORE (I think it was Middbrew, maybe Underway? sorry if I got it wrong!)

If I had errors on reboot, I would call in sick to work till I fixed it!
    LOL

And I have taken out all the things you mentioned earlier and never had an error. I really wonder what caused your trouble?

Jim, did I understand you correctly that you DO have errors on reboot? Why is that? Reinstall the OS and get rid of em! That would drive me to throw my phone through a closed window!
    03-20-11 12:13 PM
    HAHA Pink!! I did drink the whole bottle of Moscato last night!! Sooo glad I'm not the only one who gets all kinds of worked up over these things!

PS Maybe I need to work a little harder on finding a boyfriend or something, lmao!!!
    TJ, i think you're spending too much time on your berry!
    LMAO
    You're addicted!
    03-20-11 12:14 PM

the whole bottle?? LMAO!

Yes, i get crazy with these things as well. I become a total nervous wreck I prob looked like a crazy lady this morn!lmao

Pink, you are not OCD about those errors showing up on reboot.
    That is utter ridiculousness!!
    Why would anyone have errors on reboot? I shrink practically everything off my phone to begin with and I never have an error on reboot! You were right to put things back till it cleared. Maybe, as Midd said, next time you install an upgrade, do a good shrinking BEFORE (I think it was Middbrew, maybe Underway? sorry if I got it wrong!)

If I had errors on reboot, I would call in sick to work till I fixed it!
    LOL

And I have taken out all the things you mentioned earlier and never had an error. I really wonder what caused your trouble?

Jim, did I understand you correctly that you DO have errors on reboot? Why is that? Reinstall the OS and get rid of em! That would drive me to throw my phone through a closed window!
    Jaydee, idk why those caused the errors, but your right-i shouldn't have to have those errors pop up upon reboot. Like suggested, next OS install, I will shrink the sh!t outta of it!

for now i left those 3 things though. no biggie for now. I'll get what i want outta my bb next os install w/shrinking (when that time comes)

your right, I was ready to throw my bb out of a closed window too!

TJ, i think you're spending too much time on your berry!
    LMAO
    You're addicted!
    lmao! beyond addicted!
    03-20-11 12:31 PM
    the whole bottle?? LMAO!

Yes, i get crazy with these things as well. I become a total nervous wreck I prob looked like a crazy lady this morn!lmao

Jaydee, idk why those caused the errors, but your right-i shouldn't have to have those errors pop up upon reboot. Like suggested, next OS install, I will shrink the sh!t outta of it!

for now i left those 3 things though. no biggie for now. I'll get what i want outta my bb next os install w/shrinking (when that time comes)

your right, I was ready to throw my bb out of a closed window too!

lmao! beyond addicted!
    HAHAHA!! FO SHO!!!!

Hey Pink....I see that KC has been working hard on the Themes In Motion page....I just grabbed about 30 batteryex skins off there, lol!!

Pink and Jaydee....pls read my post about what I may be doing wrong when zipping/unzipping these skins....they all look the same when charging/discharging!

Gotta go run some errands for a few hours, but am anxious to get back at it!
    03-20-11 12:44 PM

Sound to me like you don't need a boyfriend. Just a bottle of Moscato and your BB.
    03-20-11 01:06 PM
    Sound to me like you don't need a boyfriend. Just a bottle of Moscato and your BB.
    Tru that Mid!! When I get lonely I just put my bb on vibrate and grab a $10 bottle of Moscato! Haven't met a man that easy in the last 10 years!!! LMAO

03-20-11 01:32 PM
    Tru that Mid!! When I get lonely I just put my bb on vibrate and grab a $10 bottle of Moscato! Haven't met a man that easy in the last 10 years!!! LMAO

Same here!!! But for me it's Vodka!!!!!
    03-20-11 02:45 PM
    JayDee, re my errors on reboot, I get those no matter which os, so reloading is not going to fix anything. It is due to shrinking stuff out as it only started since I started shrinking. To me it's no big deal. It does not affect anything. I shrink everything , but BBM and password keeper. Fonts, themes, all is fair game. I'm OCD about shrinking. So not really surprised I get errors. No worries!

03-20-11 02:55 PM
    HAHAHA!! FO SHO!!!!

Hey Pink....I see that KC has been working hard on the Themes In Motion page....I just grabbed about 30 batteryex skins off there, lol!!

Pink and Jaydee....pls read my post about what I may be doing wrong when zipping/unzipping these skins....they all look the same when charging/discharging!
    thanks for the info on the skins.

As for what your doing wrong, make sure when you open the zip file, that you copy/drag/drop all the files including the m and preview ones into the folder thats on your bb.

Is that what you were wondering?

BTW, Midd, Jim, Jaydee and whoever else was watching from afar. When all that commotion happened with my bb this morn, I lost one of my themes. I wonder if thats what one of the errors may have been? idk.

and ya know, I still haven't heard anything about the copy i won of Graffiti Six either.
    TJC70 likes this.
    03-20-11 02:57 PM
    thanks for the info on the skins.

As for what your doing wrong, make sure when you open the zip file, that you copy/drag/drop all the files including the m and preview ones into the folder thats on your bb.

Is that what you were wondering?

BTW, Midd, Jim, Jaydee and whoever else was watching from afar. When all that commotion happened with my bb this morn, I lost one of my themes. I wonder if thats what one of the errors may have been? idk.

and ya know, I still haven't heard anything about the copy i won of Graffiti Six either.

Thanks Pink! I guess I wasn't doing anything wrong at all when I was opening the file. For some strange reason it never occurred to me that the changing icon for charging/discharging showed up on the homescreen. I always thought that the little icon at the top of my main page was going to change like that!?!?!?! Blonde moment I guess, lol!!!
    03-20-11 03:24 PM

Rock On Mojave!! Hahahahaha
    03-20-11 03:25 PM
    Thanks Pink! I guess I wasn't doing anything wrong at all when I was opening the file. For some strange reason it never occurred to me that the changing icon for charging/discharging showed up on the homescreen. I always thought that the little icon at the top of my main page was going to change like that!?!?!?! Blonde moment I guess, lol!!!
    ok np. hey if i know the answer i like to help. glad you worked it out
    03-20-11 03:30 PM

That's not a picture that I wanted...

03-20-11 04:56 PM
    That's not a picture that I wanted...

Alright, alright....just clean humor from here on out I promise!!

03-20-11 05:02 PM
23,186 ... 514515516517518 ...