Jim, I'm running Shane's .450/.466 over .443 and have over the last few days been noticing that my battery is running down more than it had been. I have the Seidio 2600 which had been giving me great bat life, normally not below about 50% at end of day. I just put it on the charger at 17%, it had been off charge since about 7am and it is now 11pm which gives me about 16 hrs of use and that is a little short of a normal day for me. Addtionally I have not used it a whole lot today because I am at a conference this weekend.

Seems to me that I have seen some comments about bat life with .443 stating that it doesn't have very good bat life. Interesting that I have been running it for 2 or 3 weeks or so and it only just started this excessive drain problem. I have the .466 leak and Shane's .499 to load over it, I was planning on doing that in the next day or two; however, if this one doesn't have good bat life maybe I need the one you are currently running. I'd appreciate your thoughts before I do anything further.

Thanks,
    I'm running Shane's 466(499) hybrid for about a week now. The thing runs great, with no memory problems of any kind. The only two issues are battery life and the intermittant WiFi browser bug. My battery drain is just under 4% per hour with this hybrid, whereas I had a discharge rate of just over 2% on straight 431 with similar usage. The WiFi browser bug came on a few days after I loaded this hybrid, almost like your battery drain got worse after you ran it for a while.

Both issues are easily bypassed. I have secured WiFi (this browser is good enough on 3G that I really don't see any advantage to WiFi), and I keep a fully-charged spare battery in my pocket. If there is something else that fixes those items without introducing new problems, I'll try it. Otherwise, I'm probably set until the 5XX leak.

EDIT: OK. Jim beat me to it. If King v2.1 is that good, that might be a good way to kill the rest of this Saturday night.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-19-11 at 11:36 PM.
    03-19-11 11:30 PM
    Bob, I'd go right to King's hybrid. Battery life is very good and while Shane's hybrid is also a winner the plus with King's for me is improved battery life and I believe a snappier browser FWIW. I was also on the hybrid you currently have and liked it alot, I gotta say I like this one better. His last hybrid was great on battery also. I'm wondering if it's those 6.1 files that King adds. Also underway asked me if the wifi bug was apparent with this build and I have not seen it crop up yet.
    As always YMMV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm running Shane's 466(499) hybrid for about a week now. The thing runs great, with no memory problems of any kind. The only two issues are battery life and the intermittant WiFi browser bug. My battery drain is just under 4% per hour with this hybrid, whereas I had a discharge rate of just over 2% on straight 431 with similar usage.

Both issues are easily bypassed. I have secured WiFi (this browser is good enough on 3G that I really don't see any advantage to WiFi), and I keep a fully-charged spare battery in my pocket. If there is something else that fixes those items without introducing new problems, I'll try it. Otherwise, I'm probably set until the 5XX leak.

EDIT: OK. Jim beat me to it. If King v2.1 is that good, that might be a good way to kill the rest of this Saturday night.
    Thanks Jim and 99, I appreciate the info. I'll give this some thought over the remainder of the weekend and decide what I want to do. I may jump to King's version since I have not tried any of his hybrids yet.

Sounds like a new leak is immenent, that is good since I have had the itch to play with my OS again but have not had the time to do so. Hoping that time will free up just a bit very soon.
    03-19-11 11:39 PM
    Thanks Jim and 99, I appreciate the info. I'll give this some thought over the remainder of the weekend and decide what I want to do. I may jump to King's version since I have not tried any of his hybrids yet.

Sounds like a new leak is immenent, that is good since I have had the itch to play with my OS again but have not had the time to do so. Hoping that time will free up just a bit very soon.
    Just be aware that some people have battery issues when running a hybrid with the 6.1 files. Some of the 6.1 files are a bigger problem than others and I think King has found which ones play better and which ones don't. I haven't tried his last one, but did run the one before that. It was a very good build, but the battery life took about four days to settle in.
    03-20-11 07:44 AM
    Ummmmmm....change of mind on some shrinkage material...lol...how do I get my fonts back??
    You should be able to use BB Boss and uncheck the fonts files and rerun it again. With it unchecked it should put them back on the phone. Make sure you keep all the other files you want removed checked or they will be put back as well.
    03-20-11 07:55 AM
    Hey guys! I'm using Tapatalk like some graciously suggested last night. As soon as this baby is out of beta, momma's gonna buy it! By far the easiest way to read and repond to the cb forums! I dumped Bolt because I just don't use the browser that much and Berry Blab was gone 3 devices ago since tech support is no more for their app. Could never transfer it. Double spacing in this makes a period. Finally a forums reader with sensibilty. I have not been getting my forums notifications and did not see the last three pages of convos until this am. I was writing last night.

Remember, I have given up hybrids and drinking for Lent. Well, they go hand in hand, no? So I'm on 431 and battery life is very stable and satisfying right now. I also have the 2600 like Bob. I'm going to read through the forums on this app and see what's up with it!!
    03-20-11 08:29 AM
    You should be able to use BB Boss and uncheck the fonts files and rerun it again. With it unchecked it should put them back on the phone. Make sure you keep all the other files you want removed checked or they will be put back as well.
    Thanks for clarifying this Midd. I have a couple of other things I want to shrink on my bb as well, and I was wondering if i had to re-check them as well even though i already did. Thanks. now i know to.

Morning all.

Jaydee, I see you loaded Drew28Pink. Its really nice-i purchased the Today versh actually and really like it.

ok so this "tap-a-talk" you all speak of. I've tried BeryBlab in the past, no go. I see jaydee just loaded up. I may check this out. If i recall, Sky posted the link for it a page back.
    03-20-11 08:33 AM
    Hey guys! I'm using Tapatalk like some graciously suggested last night. As soon as this baby is out of beta, momma's gonna buy it! By far the easiest way to read and repond to the cb forums! I dumped Bolt because I just don't use the browser that much and Berry Blab was gone 3 devices ago since tech support is no more for their app. Could never transfer it. Double spacing in this makes a period. Finally a forums reader with sensibilty. I have not been getting my forums notifications and did not see the last three pages of convos until this am. I was writing last night.

Remember, I have given up hybrids and drinking for Lent. Well, they go hand in hand, no? So I'm on 431 and battery life is very stable and satisfying right now. I also have the 2600 like Bob. I'm going to read through the forums on this app and see what's up with it!!
    How had your mem leak been Jaydee? are you stable with that now?
    03-20-11 08:35 AM
    sorry for posting so many times in a row

I'm setting up for a shrink with Boss right now. Before I take off "Tasks" does anyone know if it'll cause an issue with the os if i do? TIA
    03-20-11 08:40 AM
    sorry for posting so many times in a row

I'm setting up for a shrink with Boss right now. Before I take off "Tasks" does anyone know if it'll cause an issue with the os if i do? TIA
    A lot of people take tasks off their phones. I use it a lot so I always leave it on. So, shrink away!
    03-20-11 08:51 AM
    A lot of people take tasks off their phones. I use it a lot so I always leave it on. So, shrink away!
    once again, TYvm Midd! I shall return!
    03-20-11 08:53 AM
    Is this what you need?
    thanks that's what i needed but for some reason i can't get it to paste the code for facebook. i got my wife to read out the characters and entered them one at a time and that worked. thanks for the help.
    03-20-11 09:13 AM
    How had your mem leak been Jaydee? are you stable with that now?
    Thanks for clarifying this Midd. I have a couple of other things I want to shrink on my bb as well, and I was wondering if i had to re-check them as well even though i already did. Thanks. now i know to.

Morning all.

Jaydee, I see you loaded Drew28Pink. Its really nice-i purchased the Today versh actually and really like it.

ok so this "tap-a-talk" you all speak of. I've tried BeryBlab in the past, no go. I see jaydee just loaded up. I may check this out. If i recall, Sky posted the link for it a page back.
    Hey Pink,
    I did load up Drew28 in Pink because it was gifted to me. I like it except it's not as functional as I would like...you know. Can't do much from the homescreen...but I'm spoiled by using Al's stuff... But this one is very pretty and I will keep it on my phone. A lot of the themes I try are not long for this world after I really use them! HAHA

As for my memory leak...I gave up worrying about it. I reboot at 4 am right before I get up and that's it (unless I install something new during the day). I still lose about 42-65MB a day. A massive leak to be sure. But as long as I reboot at about 200MB, I'm ok. I find that after things drop to under 200MB avail. the hourglass is a constant part of the landscape.

I honestly don't know how 9700 people do it. And why wasn't this phone made with 1GB memory available? Then it could leak for days and it wouldn't bother me! That's what I am looking for in my next phone...MEMORY over 1GB. Anything on the horizon with that?
    03-20-11 09:13 AM
    Ok, i have some questions. I just did a shrink and rebooted no prob. BUT upon reboot I rec'd a few errors as follows:

1st one) Uncaught Exception-app registry-wait for 0x70170be9d2fc292 time out.
    i clicked ok, it popped up twice.

2nd) Java.lang error
    i clicked ok

3rd) java.lang exception.NullPointer
    i clicked ok

So can someone help me with what these may mean, & now everytime I reboot will i get these.

this is what i removed: all languages, dod, it, vz nav,ptt, social feeds, aim, myspace, podcasts, yahoo im, startup vid, chinese reader, vcast, slacker, fetion.
    New ones i added to this shrink were: FB, App world, soduku, word mole, texas holdem, msn im, gtalk, docs to go, tasks, city id, twitter.

now out of all those checked off, it said it removed 3 files should i be worried????

actually now that i looked, according to my BB Meter, I'm still at 272mb. so it doesn't look like i gained only 1mb
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-20-11 at 09:29 AM.
    03-20-11 09:20 AM
    Hey Pink,
    I did load up Drew28 in Pink because it was gifted to me. I like it except it's not as functional as I would like...you know. Can't do much from the homescreen...but I'm spoiled by using Al's stuff... But this one is very pretty and I will keep it on my phone. A lot of the themes I try are not long for this world after I really use them! HAHA

As for my memory leak...I gave up worrying about it. I reboot at 4 am right before I get up and that's it (unless I install something new during the day). I still lose about 42-65MB a day. A massive leak to be sure. But as long as I reboot at about 200MB, I'm ok. I find that after things drop to under 200MB avail. the hourglass is a constant part of the landscape.

I honestly don't know how 9700 people do it. And why wasn't this phone made with 1GB memory available? Then it could leak for days and it wouldn't bother me! That's what I am looking for in my next phone...MEMORY over 1GB. Anything on the horizon with that?
    very nice gift! for the bit i do, all the functions for me are fine, and i use QL ALOT. lol. don't know how i did WITHOUT it.

As for your leak, i understand. after a while it becomes 'routine' i guess. I'm doing bp's every day or every other, depending how close i get to 200MB in one day. and it depends on what them i'm running. I find some drain more than other. oh well.

I agree, 1GB would've been nice. Perhaps, nect time around
    03-20-11 09:24 AM
    Ok, i have some questions. I just did a shrink and rebooted no prob. BUT upon reboot I rec'd a few errors as follows:

1st one) Uncaught Exception-app registry-wait for 0x70170be9d2fc292 time out.
    i clicked ok, it popped up twice.

2nd) Java.lang error
    i clicked ok

3rd) java.lang exception.NullPointer
    i clicked ok

So can someone help me with what these may mean, & now everytime I reboot will i get these.

this is what i removed: all languages, dod, it, vz nav,ptt, social feeds, aim, myspace, podcasts, yahoo im, startup vid, chinese reader, vcast, slacker, fetion.
    New ones i added to this shrink were: FB, App world, soduku, word mole, texas holdem, msn im, gtalk, docs to go, tasks, city id, twitter.

now out of all those checked off, it said it removed 3 files should i be worried????

actually now that i looked, according to my BB Meter, I'm still at 272mb. so it doesn't look like i gained only 1mb
    You shouldn't be seeing those errors with what you removed, but hey you are. lol

I would try a battery pull as those errors indicate a device software or 3rd party software application component has failed. A reboot can help with loading them properly.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-20-11 09:35 AM
    ok, im freaked out, i'm getting these 3 errors everytime i boot up now :'( what do i do? im so upset. please someone help me

i just tried a reboot.

:'( now i can;t click on anything!!! omg. rebooting again.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-20-11 at 09:41 AM.
    03-20-11 09:36 AM
    P!nk, you have two options.

1) Uncheck the stuff you just took off and load it back on.

2) backup your data, wipe your phone, shrink out what you want on the computer, reload the OS.
    03-20-11 09:40 AM
    P!nk, you have two options.

1) Uncheck the stuff you just took off and load it back on.

2) backup your data, wipe your phone, shrink out what you want on the computer, reload the OS.
    i backed up right before i did this, thru dm and bbsak.

ok, so can i use apploader to reload 431? that will wipe it before it installs correct? or do i have to wipe with bbsak first? idk, i've never had to do this. i just know about loading an os. plus im a nervous wreck right now so my mind is mush

Thanks Midd, i appreciate your help, i'm sooo freaked out right now. this has never happened to me :'(

i'm waiting for my bb to reboot again to see what happs now.

ok, i can click and get into things now. before it didnt respond. im still getting those 3 errors tho, could it be from BB APPworld? i had an account cuz i got my glucose app from there. could that be the prob maybe?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-20-11 at 09:51 AM.
    03-20-11 09:45 AM
    i backed up right before i did this, thru dm and bbsak.

ok, so can i use apploader to reload 431? that will wipe it before it installs correct? or do i have to wipe with bbsak first? idk, i've never had to do this. i just know about loading an os. plus im a nervous wreck right now so my mind is mush

Thanks Midd, i appreciate your help, i'm sooo freaked out right now. this has never happened to me :'(

i'm waiting for my bb to reboot again to see what happs now.
    Yes, just use apploader and see if it reloads what seems to be missing. I'm not really sure which app you removed that is causing the problem for you but don't shrink those out when you do the reinstall. If apploader tells you all your going to load is app and not any of the OS then you will have to wipe first (you can use BBSAK).
    03-20-11 09:53 AM

ok, i can click and get into things now. before it didnt respond. im still getting those 3 errors tho, could it be from BB APPworld? i had an account cuz i got my glucose app from there. could that be the prob maybe?
    I'm not sure about whether AppWorld would be the root of the problem or not. It doesn't take up that much space so you might just leave it on there.
    03-20-11 09:55 AM
    Yes, just use apploader and see if it reloads what seems to be missing. I'm not really sure which app you removed that is causing the problem for you but don't shrink those out when you do the reinstall. If apploader tells you all your going to load is app and not any of the OS then you will have to wipe first (you can use BBSAK).
    ok, TYVM for your help. I need to get my head right before i do this. i'm just really freaked out right now. I've never had any probs with any of my bb's before, can ya tell?
    I'm not sure about whether AppWorld would be the root of the problem or not. It doesn't take up that much space so you might just leave it on there.
    ok. ill leave it then. or maybe it was CityID. (?) i'm afraid to reconnect ot Boss now. I also did receive some kind of error from my Norton when i tried opening Boss up-it wasw something like "suspicious activity suspected" and it was a high security risk. idk what that was.

my bb seems to be responding properly, txs.emails.coming thru. apps i use seem to be there & responding-i tested a few.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-20-11 at 10:08 AM.
    03-20-11 10:05 AM
    OK!!!PHEW! Midd, I fixed it w/out having to reload the os. I went thru AppLoader and like you said it prompted me to add some apps back. I added back AppWorld, PTt and a few other 'stock' VzW modules. It fixed it, upon reboot i'm error free. TG! I was soooo upset. but now i'm back down to 241mb so I guess I'll attempt a shrink again, BUT only what i shrunk out the very first time i did it and not add any additional stuff on like i did this time

Tyvm for being there for me Midd. appreciate it, i was on the brink of a breakdown LOL. my poor baby had a boo-boo! lol.
    03-20-11 10:31 AM
    @ Pink, I've always gotten those errors when I reboot. I shrink out almost everything also. It made no diff as to which version of 6, whether hybrid or not. It is definitely coming from something that was removed tho. They no longer bother me and I just hit ok and they go away. My BB runs just fine. If you click them and they go away then I wouldn't really be that concerned. If you absolutely have to be rid of them then you'd probably have to reload your stuff one at a time until they disappear to determine which it is. I prefer to not worry and consider it a non-issue, since it's been happening since I started to seriously shrink the crap outta stuff.
    03-20-11 10:35 AM
    Thanks Midd! You have been sooo much help through this! I miss my comic sans silly-type font and really want it back....after Sunday Brunch at Granite City I will BBBoss away!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 10:37 AM
    I guess we crossed posted, was it appworld then? I could care less about having that piece of crapola.
    03-20-11 10:37 AM
23,186 ... 513514515516517 ...