Yes, my upgrade to 431 was my first BB upgrade ever and that I did OTA as I didn't know any better. Luckily all went well, but now I'm ready to play a bit more with it!
    Oh you have a lot of stuff to try and explore then! Apploader installs, 3rd party backups, BBSAK(if u wish, I don't use it). Hybrids too! This last install felt all too routine for me, which how its supposed to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-11 02:56 PM

Skyboxer....I am planning on shrinking from the device itself and hence shrunk out the languages, but also don't have them installed on my device from DM6 so probably a mute point huh?

Lastly, I haven't seen any reference to the option of 'Modify OS on Disk'. Is this advisable prior to shrinking on my device as a backup?

TIA for everyone's help!
    You don't have to do anything to the files on your computer before shrinking directly from the phone.
    TJC70 likes this.
    03-19-11 03:00 PM
    Oh you have a lot of stuff to try and explore then! Apploader installs, 3rd party backups, BBSAK(if u wish, I don't use it). Hybrids too! This last install felt all too routine for me, which how its supposed to go.

LOL! Oh yes, many things for me to explore in due time!! For right now just pushing the direct shrink on phone button gives me butterflies!
    03-19-11 03:07 PM
    You don't have to do anything to the files on your computer before shrinking directly from the phone.
    Thanks! Does the list I compiled look acceptable?....Yes, I'm waiting on a thumbs up from one of the experts before proceeding!
    03-19-11 03:09 PM
    Thanks! Does the list I compiled look acceptable?....Yes, I'm waiting on a thumbs up from one of the experts before proceeding!
    Yes it looks good. You could also delete the OTA file unless you really like upgrading the OS that way.
    TJC70 likes this.
    03-19-11 03:20 PM
    Yes it looks good. You could also delete the OTA file unless you really like upgrading the OS that way.
    Oh heavens no....I won't ever upgrade this way again. I thought I was being all kinds of efficient by upgrading while I was asleep overnight. And to think I didn't even know to backup my bb first!! GASP! I still wipe my brow over that one! LOL

OK, I'm diving in!
    03-19-11 03:32 PM
    Oh heavens no....I won't ever upgrade this way again. I thought I was being all kinds of efficient by upgrading while I was asleep overnight. And to think I didn't even know to backup my bb first!! GASP! I still wipe my brow over that one! LOL

OK, I'm diving in!
    Good luck and have fun!
    TJC70 likes this.
    03-19-11 03:34 PM
    Good luck and have fun!
    52 files I'm getting rid of! HOLY CRAPERONI I feel faster already!!! HEHEHEHEHE
    03-19-11 03:37 PM
    52 files I'm getting rid of! HOLY CRAPERONI I feel faster already!!! HEHEHEHEHE
    LOL

Let us know how much memory you gained.
    03-19-11 03:45 PM
    LOL

Let us know how much memory you gained.
    Call me happy!! Well, I don't use Meterberry like most of you do, but I do use BatteryEx and am pretty obsessed with freeing up the memory (well, borderline overly obsessed, lol)....

That being said right now I am at 380M/409M Free @ 92.9%!!

And I didn't brick my BB so I am even happier!! Time to celebrate with a little Moscato
    03-19-11 04:09 PM
    I'm suprised I haven't seen Jaydee on here participating. She's had a nice stable OS for almost a week now. That's gotta be getting on her nerves!

03-19-11 04:13 PM
    Call me happy!! Well, I don't use Meterberry like most of you do, but I do use BatteryEx and am pretty obsessed with freeing up the memory (well, borderline overly obsessed, lol)....

That being said right now I am at 380M/409M Free @ 92.9%!!

And I didn't brick my BB so I am even happier!! Time to celebrate with a little Moscato
    Nice!
    03-19-11 05:02 PM
    Hey I just saw a tweet that CB forums now support tapatalk. I'm trying the app out now. Get yours at www.tapatalk.com/bb/
    03-19-11 05:09 PM
    Could this Tapatalk be an answer for those that have issues with CB forums on their OS6 Bolds?
    03-19-11 05:29 PM
    What is Tapatalk?

03-19-11 05:30 PM
    Not yet. VERY basic functionality. Can't quote, refresh, save favorite threads etc. Essentially just a reader/ reply app now. This is apparently beta number 1. Let's hope it moves along quickly.
    03-19-11 05:31 PM
    Front-end / GUI for forums. It is compatible with BB, iPhone, Android and Nokia. It gives you a common GUI for all your different subscribed forums, so long as the forum host/provider uses their Tapatalk plugin. According to Skyboxer, CB just started using the plugin. The font is much clearer and easier to read. Those that aren't happy with the native browser or Bolt for using CB forums might try this.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-19-11 at 05:51 PM.
    03-19-11 05:33 PM
    Not yet. VERY basic functionality. Can't quote, refresh, save favorite threads etc. Essentially just a reader/ reply app now. This is apparently beta number 1. Let's hope it moves along quickly.
    My thoughts, too. Great first try, though. You can open subscribed threads (Menu/VIEW SUBSCRIBED TOPIC). You can apparently send a PM, too. I haven't tried that yet.
    03-19-11 05:35 PM
    It does definitely make the threads much more readable. Its not as easy to navigate. Hopefully it moves through the beta fast.
    03-19-11 05:40 PM
    Ummmmmm....change of mind on some shrinkage material...lol...how do I get my fonts back??
    03-19-11 09:22 PM
    I'm ready for the 501(rumored next). I have been running the King's hybrid for a few days and find it very easy on battery. It's funny, but most seem to think the 6.1 files are hard on battery life, for me it's the opposite. This a very fine hybrid imho. No issues for me.

I have also been running King's hybrid for the last few days. Seems to have the best battery life I have saw with any OS. It is a great hybrid.
    03-19-11 09:48 PM
    tapatalk sounds like berry blab. Only maybe not ready for prime time yet. BerryBlab works fine for forums. I got bored with it quickly tho.

03-19-11 11:10 PM
    I'm ready for the 501(rumored next). I have been running the King's hybrid for a few days and find it very easy on battery. It's funny, but most seem to think the 6.1 files are hard on battery life, for me it's the opposite. This a very fine hybrid imho. No issues for me.
    Jim, I'm running Shane's .450/.466 over .443 and have over the last few days been noticing that my battery is running down more than it had been. I have the Seidio 2600 which had been giving me great bat life, normally not below about 50% at end of day. I just put it on the charger at 17%, it had been off charge since about 7am and it is now 11pm which gives me about 16 hrs of use and that is a little short of a normal day for me. Addtionally I have not used it a whole lot today because I am at a conference this weekend.

Seems to me that I have seen some comments about bat life with .443 stating that it doesn't have very good bat life. Interesting that I have been running it for 2 or 3 weeks or so and it only just started this excessive drain problem. I have the .466 leak and Shane's .499 to load over it, I was planning on doing that in the next day or two; however, if this one doesn't have good bat life maybe I need the one you are currently running. I'd appreciate your thoughts before I do anything further.

Thanks,
    03-19-11 11:12 PM
    tapatalk sounds like berry blab. Only maybe not ready for prime time yet. BerryBlab works fine for forums. I got bored with it quickly tho.

It is. I didn't like BerryBlab too much. You would think that just pulling the text, etc from a forum would reult in faster load times but it doesn't, at least for me. Hopefully tapatalk will eventually be something better though.

03-19-11 11:14 PM
    Bob, I'd go right to King's hybrid. Battery life is very good and while Shane's hybrid is also a winner the plus with King's for me is improved battery life and I believe a snappier browser FWIW. I was also on the hybrid you currently have and liked it alot, I gotta say I like this one better. His last hybrid was great on battery also. I'm wondering if it's those 6.1 files that King adds. Also underway asked me if the wifi bug was apparent with this build and I have not seen it crop up yet.
    As always YMMV.

03-19-11 11:21 PM
23,186 ... 512513514515516 ...