It's good to have Paul back stirring things up. Jaydee's threatening to throw people in the moat. I love it, one big happy dysfunctional family!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dr. Prince show will have fodder for weeks to come.

And by the way, I'll not be swimming in the moat either. I'm staying in the sunshine, no dark side for me.
    03-18-11 10:30 PM
    I have seen on here several times that folks have downgraded to the $15.00 data plan on vzw. I am trying to activate my old Tour for my wife to try before she comes up for an upgrade in June. When I looked on My Verizon I could not find that plan, entered a chat session and the rep told me that that plan has expired.

I would be curious to know how many of you have that plan and when you got it. I'm sure I saw where some folks had downgraded to that one from the $30.00 version. It seems to me that vzw started that plan up late last year, doesn't make sense that they have eliminated it already.
    03-18-11 11:05 PM
    I'm beta testing FB 2.0, so far I'm impressed. It looks good and is much faster. I like the chat option as well. Anyone else beta testing?

It is pretty nice. I notice chat is a little buggy but it does work. I also seem to have a little more of a memory leak after installing. But being that its just a beta, I can deal with it.
    03-18-11 11:10 PM
    I have seen on here several times that folks have downgraded to the $15.00 data plan on vzw. I am trying to activate my old Tour for my wife to try before she comes up for an upgrade in June. When I looked on My Verizon I could not find that plan, entered a chat session and the rep told me that that plan has expired.

I would be curious to know how many of you have that plan and when you got it. I'm sure I saw where some folks had downgraded to that one from the $30.00 version. It seems to me that vzw started that plan up late last year, doesn't make sense that they have eliminated it already.
    A few weeks ago I called Verizon to ask about the $15 data plan and I was told it didn't exist. I think Paul got it a couple months ago. Must of been around a short time.

03-18-11 11:18 PM
    It is pretty nice. I notice chat is a little buggy but it does work. I also seem to have a little more of a memory leak after installing. But being that its just a beta, I can deal with it.
    I noticed the chat was a little buggy today, was double posting a bit. It hasn't affected my memory though. Overall it's a nice upgrade.

03-18-11 11:27 PM

A few weeks ago I called Verizon to ask about the $15 data plan and I was told it didn't exist. I think Paul got it a couple months ago. Must of been around a short time.

That plan DID exist, for a while. Big Red dropped that plan around the middle of January, when they changed their rate structure with their announcement of the iPhone. I got the $15/150MB data plan when they announced it last fall. I changed it back to unlimited data in January as part of that retention/special deal that got me unlimited data for $10 per line. It was running at the same time as that "Smartphones Talk Free" promo that expired on 31JAN.

Verizon tweaking low-end data plans, using '3G' distinction to upcharge for LTE -- Engadget

I'm not sure when that retention deal expired, but you can call and ask. I had to work through a "retention department" or "loyalty department", and it took several calls to get it all worked out, but they did me right. BTW, the "loyalty department" folks have banker's hours. They won't be back until Monday.

If you have 1400-minute family plan, and all of your lines have smartphones, you sign up for unlimited data at $30 for each line, and you get a credit of $20 for each line. Net cost is $10. You have to call CS to get it, though. They'll have to put you through to their loyalty or retention department. Apparently this is a plan intended for them to use to try and keep folks that want to drop VZW. Don't tell them that you got this from a blog. I told them that I heard about it from somebody that I worked with.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-18-11 at 11:46 PM.
    03-18-11 11:35 PM

morning all!

yes, sorry guys, VzW did indeed discontinue the $15 data plan. They stop offering it in Feb.

oops! sorry, just saw Underway covered that for ya! and it was Jan.
    03-19-11 07:55 AM
    Yeah, I remember when 99 got that deal. I tried to do it also but found out that with my puny 500 min family plan, plan is probably 10 years old, there was no chance that they would do anything for me. I guess vzw discontinued that lower cost plan so that we could pay for LTE installation with the higher plans allowing them to tout their 4G network and attract more clients at our expense. Seems like a good marketing plan to me, anytime you can get your customers to pay higher prices than are truly justifiable that is free money in your pocket.
    03-19-11 08:09 AM
    Jaydee, I have a question for you. I know you post ALOT of screen shots, what do you use for your posts, PB? Is it the free one, or did you go "pro" with it so its unlimited amount of space? I checked on the "go pro" and its $2.99mthly fee or yrly $24.95 or 2yrs for $39.95. IDK if its worth it
    Thanks!
    03-19-11 09:16 AM
    I noticed the chat was a little buggy today, was double posting a bit. It hasn't affected my memory though. Overall it's a nice upgrade.

I have noticed that messages that I recieved on my phone also seem to popup when I log in on the pc. Also seems like it goes on and off line at times.
    03-19-11 09:26 AM
    Jaydee, I have a question for you. I know you post ALOT of screen shots, what do you use for your posts, PB? Is it the free one, or did you go "pro" with it so its unlimited amount of space? I checked on the "go pro" and its $2.99mthly fee or yrly $24.95 or 2yrs for $39.95. IDK if its worth it
    Thanks!
    Pink, I just have the regular free account. I don't think I'm anywhere near full up. WHy are you having trouble I wonder? I also have personal photo albums there too...locked from public view.
    03-19-11 10:40 AM
    Pink, I just have the regular free account. I don't think I'm anywhere near full up. WHy are you having trouble I wonder? I also have personal photo albums there too...locked from public view.
    IDK either Jaydee. Yest I had issues getting codes, I then cleared out a lot, and whammo, the codes started comin thru no prob. I had 8 pages full on PB, idk if that's a lot? I got it down to 3pages now, but all those files I deleted broke the links to here which sucks!

I don't keep albums on it, I use the acct just to post ss, and mine is also locked.

03-19-11 10:49 AM
    IDK either Jaydee. Yest I had issues getting codes, I then cleared out a lot, and whammo, the codes started comin thru no prob. I had 8 pages full on PB, idk if that's a lot? I got it down to 3pages now, but all those files I deleted broke the links to here which sucks!

I don't keep albums on it, I use the acct just to post ss, and mine is also locked.

I found this:

Total files uploaded
    Bandwidth used

245 MB (2%)
    10 GB

Somehow I have only used 2% of my space? What's the 10GB for? My allowable space can't be that much...That can't be right! But I I have like seven personal albums there too....

Pink, in the help section at PB it says the accounts are UNLIMITED (free accts) but individual sizes of media are 5MB for photo and 300MB for video per each. Does that help? I don't see a storage limit on my account.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-19-11 at 11:11 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-19-11 11:04 AM
    I found this:

Total files uploaded
    Bandwidth used

245 MB (2%)
    10 GB

Somehow I have only used 2% of my space? What's the 10GB for? My allowable space can't be that much...That can't be right! But I I have like seven personal albums there too....
    ok, I just logged into my acct and found the screen you ref'd here.

the 10gb is what your allowed up to, I've must've reached that limit because right now, I have:

total files uploaded: 80
    bandwidth used: 420mb (4%)

what i dont understand is how you have sooo many more files uploaded using less MB's, and i have only 80 files using pretty much double your amount of MB's SMH!

I deleted about 45 files out yesterday, so that def was the issue. I reached the limit then! sheesh!
    03-19-11 11:12 AM
    I found this:

Total files uploaded
    Bandwidth used

245 MB (2%)
    10 GB

Pink, in the help section at PB it says the accounts are UNLIMITED (free accts) but individual sizes of media are 5MB for photo and 300MB for video per each. Does that help? I don't see a storage limit on my account.
    so, do i understand this correctly? It will only hold a total of 5mb for the photos uploaded then? thats not much. No, that doesnt make sense, forget what i just said lol. I dont load vids at all.

im still confused how this all works. lol sorry, im a little slow
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-19-11 at 11:29 AM.
    03-19-11 11:15 AM
    so, do i understand this correctly? It will only hold a total of 5mb for the photos uploaded then? thats not much. I dont load vids at all.

im still confused how this all works. lol sorry, im a little slow
    No the 5MB limit id for EACH picture. It can't be any larger than that. And any vids you save there can't be larger than 300MB EACH.

But how can you have only 80 pics uploaded and be having to delete them???????? I'm confused. Maybe contact support on the site and ask someone to explain it to you? weird....
    03-19-11 11:30 AM
    No the 5MB limit is for EACH picture. It can't be any larger than that. And any vids you save there can't be larger than 300MB EACH.

But how can you have only 80 pics uploaded and be having to delete them???????? I'm confused. Maybe contact support on the site and ask someone to explain it to you? weird....
    ok, now i understand the 5mb each pix thing. well right now I only have 80, yesterday I had more than that because i deleted about 45 pix, so technically i had about 125-130 pix stored, so then double the mb i show now for the 80 pix, (420*2=840ish) so yeah its possible i reached the limit.

oh idk! yes, i think i will try to call and see what i can find out. I'll do it Monday because I'm sure today they're off for the w/end i would think. when I find out WTH is going on, i'll clue you in on the deal too!

Thanks for the help
    03-19-11 11:38 AM
    ok, now i understand the 5mb each pix thing. well right now I only have 80, yesterday I had more than that because i deleted about 45 pix, so technically i had about 125-130 pix stored, so then double the mb i show now for the 80 pix, (420*2=840ish) so yeah its possible i reached the limit.

oh idk! yes, i think i will try to call and see what i can find out. I'll do it Monday because I'm sure today they're off for the w/end i would think. when I find out WTH is going on, i'll clue you in on the deal too!

Thanks for the help
    Something is screwy. If you deleted 45 pix and have 80 now then you had about 125 pix. With a 5mb size limit imposed by PB, that only 625mb, no where near the 10GB limit.
    Since you're having so much trouble, is creating a second account an option? Perhaps they will get it right then?
    03-19-11 11:46 AM
    Something is screwy. If you deleted 45 pix and have 80 now then you had about 125 pix. With a 5mb size limit imposed by PB, that only 625mb, no where near the 10GB limit.
    Since you're having so much trouble, is creating a second account an option? Perhaps they will get it right then?
    ok, i justed checked, and I UNDER estimated. I actually deleted 140 PIXS! (theres 4 rows of 7 lined up on each page(28 per page then) and I got rid of 5 pages! 28*5=140) Does this make sense now? so I have the 80 PLUS the 140 i deleted, total was 220 pix

I did try creating a second acct, but because my yahoo email is used for my acct i have now, it wouldn't let me. I'd have to create ANOTHER yahoo acct and add it to my bb.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-19-11 at 11:50 AM.
    03-19-11 11:48 AM
    ok, i justed checked, and I UNDER estimated. I actually deleted 140 PIXS! (theres 4 rows of 7 lined up on each page(28 per page then) and I got rid of 5 pages! 28*5=140) Does this make sense now?

I did try creating a second acct, but because my yahoo email is used for my acct i have now, it wouldn't let me. I'd have to create ANOTHER yahoo acct and add it to my bb.
    That's still 1100mb IF every pic was the maximum size allowed, and I don't think it would be. My Zonasnaps are about 50kb each.
    03-19-11 11:51 AM
    And Pink, mine says 1300 something uploaded and I have no problem.
    You can only have one account. So you would need another acct under another email address, I'm sure, in order to do it again.
    03-19-11 11:54 AM
    That's still 1100mb IF every pic was the maximum size allowed, and I don't think it would be. My Zonasnaps are about 50kb each.
    ok, then i'm still confused LOL I'll put that call in on Monday & see what I could find out then.

Thanks for you help Sky
    03-19-11 11:55 AM
    And Pink, mine says 1300 something uploaded and I have no problem.
    You can only have one account. So you would need another acct under another email address, I'm sure, in order to do it again.
    yes, new acct, new email.

thats what I don't get is how much you have stored on yours and i had an issue with mine.

ya know, I'm wondering if all of this was a prob with Yahoo email delivering? I just thought of that. And all this racking of the brain is for nothing. IDK i'm thoroughly confused at this point because of what Jaydee has stored.

my head hurts from all this thinking LOL
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-19-11 at 12:01 PM.
    03-19-11 11:58 AM

thats what I don't get is how much you have stored on yours and i had an issue with mine.

ya know, I'm wondering if all of this was a prob with Yahoo email delivering? I just thought of that. And all this racking of the brain is for nothing. IDK i'm thoroughly confused at this point because of what Jaydee has stored.

I use my yahoo account for PB and I'm not having any issues with it. I have about 400 pics stored on there and it is only at 1%. You should be somewhere around there as well. You are definitely seeing an unusually problem.
    03-19-11 12:09 PM

I had suspected that when you were initially having problems with delivery from PB. Here's what I do:
    I have a BlackBerry email address and have it set as default, so all my screenshots are sent to PB from that email, and PB sends the IMG code back to that email. I keeps the 3rd party mail handlers out of the loop and makes things just that much quicker. I also use that email when I send mobihand OTA links to myself.
    03-19-11 12:12 PM
23,186 ... 510511512513514 ...