Happy St. Patty's Day Ramblers!
    03-17-11 08:54 AM
    I had my IT guy in my office last week because I wanted him to give me the name of the email server so I could set up my work email on my berry. He wanted me to deliver the mail using Google Mobile Apps because that was all he knew about setting it up. I told him NO, I can get it pushed, etc but when I had all that problem with my 3 devices in my hands, I got all bollixed up.

So he has an iPhoney and he started making fun of BBs and said here's the server name: Crackberry sucks. So i proceeded to tell him how I am considered a genius of geniuses and got to choose a title and all and he said "Well it better be QUEEN something"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and while he was saying that, i went to email wizard on my phone and set up my work email and said to him...see? Push mail.

He still doesn't know how I did it. LOL
    03-17-11 09:09 AM
    That's some IT guy, no knowledge of BB's. I like the sound of your "man cave". Sounds pretty nice, you might take 1st place. So what does your hubby get then?

btw: I've pretty much determined my browser crash issue is due to using the "text wrap" function on CB. It's the only site I text wrap. Just another flaw in the webkit.
    I see opera mini folks are about to release opera mini 6. I sure hope they give the touch pad folks some love. Opera mini is something I really miss having on my BB. It runs circles around bolt and the oem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:08 AM
    Ok a small rant here. There was a nice theme posted yesterday (premium) and I was all over it! Suprisingly, unbelievably, it was for OS5 only. WTH? I mean there are a few holdouts still but everyone is shipping 9650s with BB6 preinstalled now. I know that TB6 is still in beta but once again the OSs are moving ahead of TB releases. Of course the only person who really suffers is the newbie who doesn't know this new theme won't work on his new Bold. Well and the theme artist who isn't likely to sell many of his creation. It looked like such a fine theme too!

03-17-11 10:50 AM
    Ok a small rant here. There was a nice theme posted yesterday (premium) and I was all over it! Suprisingly, unbelievably, it was for OS5 only. WTH? I mean there are a few holdouts still but everyone is shipping 9650s with BB6 preinstalled now. I know that TB6 is still in beta but once again the OSs are moving ahead of TB releases. Of course the only person who really suffers is the newbie who doesn't know this new theme won't work on his new Bold. Well and the theme artist who isn't likely to sell many of his creation. It looked like such a fine theme too!

I saw that. Apparently that won't be college money for his kids, huh?
    03-17-11 10:56 AM
    I saw that. Apparently that won't be college money for his kids, huh?
    I'm hoping he sees his error and recompiles it with TB6. I left a hint in the thread

03-17-11 11:00 AM

Sadly, there are more people on OS5 than 6.
    And that is a fact. All the 9700 people and the 8330 people and everyone else who hates OS6...there are WAYYYYY more people on 5 than 6.
    there's still money to be made on it, believe me. Ever look at the screen shot thread? Almost all the people who post are afraid to go to 6. they're all on OS5.
    03-17-11 11:00 AM
    I have a "man cave" of my own that my husband dare not cross into.
    It has surround sound, a 50 inch widescreen, oversized sofa, laptop, NFL Sunday Ticket and digital cable.

All done in football memorabilia.
    Called Mom's room by the household. Really the family room. Really my "man cave". Eating and drinking allowed!!!! No pipe tho!
    LMAO
    good for you! us moms need a place to escape too!
    Happy St. Patty's Day Ramblers!
    same to you!
    I had my IT guy in my office last week because I wanted him to give me the name of the email server so I could set up my work email on my berry. He wanted me to deliver the mail using Google Mobile Apps because that was all he knew about setting it up. I told him NO, I can get it pushed, etc but when I had all that problem with my 3 devices in my hands, I got all bollixed up.

So he has an iPhoney and he started making fun of BBs and said here's the server name: Crackberry sucks. So i proceeded to tell him how I am considered a genius of geniuses and got to choose a title and all and he said "Well it better be QUEEN something"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and while he was saying that, i went to email wizard on my phone and set up my work email and said to him...see? Push mail.

He still doesn't know how I did it. LOL
    lmao!!! He may be the IT guy, but I'm quite sure with your knowledge you could actually teach him a few things!
    That's some IT guy, no knowledge of BB's. I like the sound of your "man cave". Sounds pretty nice, you might take 1st place. So what does your hubby get then?

btw: I've pretty much determined my browser crash issue is due to using the "text wrap" function on CB. It's the only site I text wrap. Just another flaw in the webkit.
    I see opera mini folks are about to release opera mini 6. I sure hope they give the touch pad folks some love. Opera mini is something I really miss having on my BB. It runs circles around bolt and the oem.

Jim, thats why I stopped using the text wrap feature on the native browser, BUT i've been using it on Bolt, and let me tell you, it is very nice! I know alot of you guys don't like Bolt, and I'm not crazy about it either, but I can actually read the pages w/out squinting!

I had OM on my curve a while back, the 4.2 versh, and it was nice to use! That'd be great if they released OM for OS6 soon! I'd jump in for that!

Jaydee, did you ever get your signal issue straghtened out? It happened to me this morn again after I posted back to you, but this time all I did was turn off/back on the network and that did the trick.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-17-11 at 11:34 AM.
    03-17-11 11:24 AM
    So I'm here in the waiting room; wife is having a cyst removed from her sciatic nerve. Lots of mobile devices out, tons of BlackBerries. One dude on a droid, his "mobile" device plugged into the wall. Doesn't look too mobile to me, but thousands insist it is.

03-17-11 11:28 AM
    So I'm here in the waiting room; wife is having a cyst removed from her sciatic nerve. Lots of mobile devices out, tons of BlackBerries. One dude on a droid, his "mobile" device plugged into the wall. Doesn't look too mobile to me, but thousands insist it is.

LMAO!!!
    Yeah outlets are mobile too!!!!!!!
    03-17-11 11:29 AM
    And that is a fact. All the 9700 people and the 8330 people and everyone else who hates OS6...there are WAYYYYY more people on 5 than 6.
    there's still money to be made on it, believe me. Ever look at the screen shot thread? Almost all the people who post are afraid to go to 6. they're all on OS5.
    I agree. there are ALOT of people still on 0s5 mainly because their fav themes aren't converted yet or the designer wants to wait till TB is out of beta. I don't blame them. All the themes I have now, if i had to do w/out I'd be crying! LOL And to think, 1) you guys had to CONVINCE me to try a theme and 2) you guys had to CONVINCE me to try OS6 Both of which I'm very thankful for you guys nudging me! I have no thoughts of going back to 5 and I LOVE themes way toooooooo much now they're like potato chips, you can't have just one!
    03-17-11 11:32 AM
    good for you! us moms need a place to escape too!
    You moms have got lots of places to escape -- Costco, Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, all KINDS of places!
    03-17-11 12:40 PM
    @Pink, Yes, sadly for me I cannot trust the text wrap to be a reliable way to peruse CB anymore. I'm back to "bolt" for that. I just heard this morning tho that the new opera mini is being released soon. I just hope it's compatible with our bold trackpads.
    I needed some velcro the other day and went to Michaels to get it. Lots of mom's escaping there. I was in and out in under 10 min.

03-17-11 01:27 PM
    You moms have got lots of places to escape -- Costco, Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, all KINDS of places!
    Hello? When a Mom wants to escape around here, she goes to get a manicure, pedicure, get her hair colored and cut, out to lunch with the girlz and out for afternoon tea.

Nevermind the Costco...LMAO
    03-17-11 01:33 PM
    Hey Ramblers, I'm beta testing for the new Facebook app. I don't know how many of you use the Facebook app. It's available at Blackberry Beta Zone.

03-17-11 01:34 PM
    Yeah....I'm one of them. My phone is running just fine with no issues. I have never tried to upgrade my OS (even thought Jaydee gave me instructions....thank you Jaydee ) I am still very....very hesitant (ok...call me chicken) about doing it. My browser works fine and I even use Bolt. I don't do a lot of internet browsing on my 9650 anyway. I have read stories about the many issues with OS6....some 9650's have issues and some don't. I am not taking the chance to find out I'd be one of the ones having issues. Yes, I know....I can always reload OS5....but at this point.....if it's not broken...why fix it.

For those of you that are running OS6 and like it....that's great!! Maybe one of these days (before the end of time) I might get bold (get it...bold) enough to do it.
    03-17-11 02:10 PM
    Hey Ramblers, I'm beta testing for the new Facebook app. I don't know how many of you use the Facebook app. It's available at Blackberry Beta Zone.

I've got mine too, not that I FB that much anymore. Its a nice upgrade tho.

03-17-11 02:34 PM
    I agree. there are ALOT of people still on 0s5 mainly because their fav themes aren't converted yet or the designer wants to wait till TB is out of beta. I don't blame them. All the themes I have now, if i had to do w/out I'd be crying! LOL And to think, 1) you guys had to CONVINCE me to try a theme and 2) you guys had to CONVINCE me to try OS6 Both of which I'm very thankful for you guys nudging me! I have no thoughts of going back to 5 and I LOVE themes way toooooooo much now they're like potato chips, you can't have just one!
    Yey you can, or at least I can!!!
    03-17-11 04:39 PM
    Same here, as long as I made it myself.

03-17-11 04:46 PM
    @Pink, Yes, sadly for me I cannot trust the text wrap to be a reliable way to peruse CB anymore. I'm back to "bolt" for that. I just heard this morning tho that the new opera mini is being released soon. I just hope it's compatible with our bold trackpads.
    I needed some velcro the other day and went to Michaels to get it. Lots of mom's escaping there. I was in and out in under 10 min.

Jim, are you using the default view on Bolt? Thats what I'm using, except the little magnifying glass doesnt come up because the font is big enough, for me at least. I stopped using the "mobile view"(wap3) for bolt a week ago. And just like with the oem browser default view, you can give out ty's and multi quote.
    just one theme?!?!?! say it isn't so!!!
    I'd go nuts without all my themes. I have 18, not including the default fugly os6 one! LOL My next theme purchase will be "clockr" Oh, and I'm dying for glitterstars to make Slippery Pink for OS6 when TB comes out of beta, which I hope she will
    Same here, as long as I made it myself.

I am impressed you make your own to customize for your needs. I don't think I'd have the patience, or perhaps all the knowledge, to make one.
    03-17-11 05:25 PM
    [B][COLOR=indigo]Jim, are you using the default view on Bolt? Thats what I'm using, except the little magnifying glass doesnt come up because the font is big enough, for me at least. I stopped using the "mobile view"(wap3) for bolt a week ago. And just like with the oem browser default view,

I am impressed you make your own to customize for your needs. I don't think I'd have the patience, or perhaps all the knowledge, to make one.
    It gets easier after some trial and error. The cool thing is after I load it on my bold if anything is amiss or I forgot something, changes are quick+ easy. Just change and reload.
    Re: bolt default font view. I tried that and found it really way to small. I don't know how you can really use it that way. At 3XX, I still strain to see it.
    As I mentioned, I'm hoping that the new opera mini will change the ballgame for us track pad users.
    03-17-11 06:08 PM
    It gets easier after some trial and error. The cool thing is after I load it on my bold if anything is amiss or I forgot something, changes are quick+ easy. Just change and reload.
    Re: bolt default font view. I tried that and found it really way to small. I don't know how you can really use it that way. At 3XX, I still strain to see it.
    As I mentioned, I'm hoping that the new opera mini will change the ballgame for us track pad users.
    At some point in time I *might* attempt the TB, but idk. It sounds easy, and I'm sure once you know what you need to do it is

As for Bolt: 3XXX is still small, but yes, fortunately I can see it OK. I do have reading glasses just in case

As for OM: I agree, that would be nice if it did come out with some love for up TP users What I don't get is, OM worked fine for the TB because like I mentioned before, I used it for my curve. So I don't understand, is there really that big of a difference then with a TP and TB function? I guess there is. IDK, to me they seem to function the same, but what do I know
    03-17-11 06:23 PM
    just one theme?!?!?! say it isn't so!!!
    I'd go nuts without all my themes. I have 18, not including the default fugly os6 one! LOL My next theme purchase will be "clockr" Oh, and I'm dying for glitterstars to make Slippery Pink for OS6 when TB comes out of beta, which I hope she will
    No No No, tater chips. I've got 10 or so themes.
    03-17-11 08:36 PM
    At some point in time I *might* attempt the TB, but idk. It sounds easy, and I'm sure once you know what you need to do it is

As for Bolt: 3XXX is still small, but yes, fortunately I can see it OK. I do have reading glasses just in case

As for OM: I agree, that would be nice if it did come out with some love for up TP users What I don't get is, OM worked fine for the TB because like I mentioned before, I used it for my curve. So I don't understand, is there really that big of a difference then with a TP and TB function? I guess there is. IDK, to me they seem to function the same, but what do I know
    Major dif. Has to do with the way the movement is sensed, it sends a different kind of signal to the OS. The app needs to be able to interpret the movement signals.
    03-17-11 08:40 PM
    I have a slight problem thats been perplexing me and it has to be something simple I'm overlooking. My SD card is used almost exclusively for pics. I have 1.8gb available. When I try to save a pic it says file full and I need to delete something. I've just been putting them on the BB device memory for now instead which works fine. I'd rather have them on the sd card. So I'm wondering why with 1.8gb free storage on the card it gives me the full issue.
    Am I missing a setting? This happened before and I just moved some to my pc and then it worked, so I'm thinking the cards ok. Whatcha all think?
    03-17-11 10:43 PM
23,186 ... 506507508509510 ...