My reboot time with memory cleaning enabled is 2.5 to 3 minutes. It hasn't changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 06:48 PM
    My boot time with memory cleaning enabled is constant as well, a little over three minutes.
    03-16-11 06:56 PM
    It was the last thing I enabled before trouble started. There was a popup after enabling it saying something about cleaning memory upon reboot also.
    I've never noticed any pop up and actually did not even know of this cleaning feature until it was mentioned here. My free RAM runs around 94mb according to batt ex mem monitor. When it drops as low as 84mb it seems to auto recover back to 94mb, so I'm thinking this is the auto cleaner you are talking about. I never set it tho. It just seems preset.
    03-16-11 07:00 PM
    I had a '68 Roadrunner...383 when I was in high school. Man that thing would run!

OoOoOo! a 383! havent heard those numbers in a looooooong time! A friend of my hub & i had a chevy nomad with a 383 in it! 5 speed. the thing was sweeeeet canary yellow
    My reboot time with memory cleaning enabled is 2.5 to 3 minutes. It hasn't changed.

My boot time with memory cleaning enabled is constant as well, a little over three minutes.
    wow, idk whats with mine then. I shut the mem cleaner off to see if there is a diff when I reboot again on Friday.
    03-16-11 07:15 PM
    I've never noticed any pop up and actually did not even know of this cleaning feature until it was mentioned here. My free RAM runs around 94mb according to batt ex mem monitor. When it drops as low as 84mb it seems to auto recover back to 94mb, so I'm thinking this is the auto cleaner you are talking about. I never set it tho. It just seems preset.
    The popup said "memory cleaning will be enabled when the device is locked or restarted". Kinda sounds like it cleans the memory on reboot or when the device is locked. Or you have to reboot to enable the feature. Either way, for me, it didn't add any usability to the device or improve anything that I could tell. But, once again, devices made by robots on identical lines with identical parts act differently in daily use, and this may be useful for others.

03-16-11 09:03 PM
    I never lock my device, it cleans every 30 minutes when holstered or idle.
    03-16-11 09:07 PM
    The popup said "memory cleaning will be enabled when the device is locked or restarted". Kinda sounds like it cleans the memory on reboot or when the device is locked. Or you have to reboot to enable the feature. Either way, for me, it didn't add any usability to the device or improve anything that I could tell. But, once again, devices made by robots on identical lines with identical parts act differently in daily use, and this may be useful for others.

What it's saying is that the CONDITIONAL memory cleaning (i.e. every 30 minutes, etc.) will commence the next time you restart your phone OR when you unlock it. It doesn't run on every startup. On a restart, most of the volatile memory is cleared anyway.

Last edited by Underway99; 03-16-11 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling again (gotta hate the small keyboard...)
    03-16-11 09:18 PM
    What it's saying is that the CONDITIONAL memory cleaning (I.e. every 30 minutes, etc.) Will commence the next time you restart your phone OR when you unlock it. It doesn't run on every startup. On a restart, most of the volitile memory is cleared anyway.

Well that's what I thought with needing a restart, but the alternative of locking it kind of threw me.
    03-16-11 09:42 PM
    Well that's what I thought with needing a restart, but the alternative of locking it kind of threw me.
    Unlocking it just resets the timer.
    03-16-11 09:49 PM
    And I'm going back to the hybrid. I really did like it and it ran without problems for a while. Shrunk with BBHtool this time.
    03-16-11 09:57 PM
    [QUOTE=princebb;6138284]
    I didnt have the stock manny on it, but i honestly dont rem what one it was! it was over 20yrs ago when i had that. and the 350 was primo

I had a '68 Roadrunner...383 when I was in high school. Man that thing would run!

Nice! I was a Ford man myself. I had a 69 Mercury Cougar in high school.
    03-16-11 10:08 PM
    What is the memory cleaner you all speak of?

03-16-11 10:32 PM
    What is the memory cleaner you all speak of?

It's the memory cleaner that's part of BB6. Go to options>memory cleaning.

03-16-11 10:38 PM
    My first was a 1966 Olds Cutlass F85. It had the 330CID (5.4L) V8 with the two-speed Jetaway Automatic. That car was SMOOTH! It felt like you were sitting at a light when doing a hundred. Not that I ever went that fast, in the back roads of western Washington...
    03-16-11 10:42 PM
    That' sharp. I'll admit I dragged a few times. I remember my Roadrunner had Thrush mufflers and HiJackers. It was nice and fast!

03-16-11 10:59 PM
    It's the memory cleaner that's part of BB6. Go to options>memory cleaning.

Thank you. When I get on my PC I'll get a click out to you.

03-16-11 11:01 PM
    And I'm going back to the hybrid. I really did like it and it ran without problems for a while. Shrunk with BBHtool this time.
    Which hybrid did you load? I had SCrids but wanted to sample some 6.1 files, so I'm on King's now. Both are fine it seems, but I have better battery life with the 6.1 add ons. No idea why. In any case I thought it might also bring some other goodness to the party.

As for first cars , mine was a '59 chevy. Paid $260 for it in 1969. My first poa was in the backseat of a volkswagen bug.
    Last edited by cbreze; 03-16-11 at 11:06 PM.
    03-16-11 11:04 PM
    Which hybrid did you load? I had SCrids but wanted to sample some 6.1 files, so I'm on King's now. Both are fine it seems, but I have better battery life with the 6.1 add ons. No idea why. In any case I thought it might also bring some other goodness to the party.

As for first cars , mine was a '59 chevy. Paid $260 for it in 1969. My first poa was in the backseat of a volkswagen bug.
    In a VW Bug, impressive. We've really turned this into guy talk !!

I see a Dr. Prince show topic!!
    03-16-11 11:12 PM
    In a VW Bug, impressive. We've really turned this into guy talk !!

I see a Dr. Prince show topic!!
    Crankin' up the T-level.
    Yeah, I learned to drive in my mom's 64 bug. Poor mom, she had no idea what went on behind her the night before as she's driving to market the next day.

So back on topic, NOT! How the he!! is everybody?? Was a frickin' 90 degrees here today. To early for that crap. Cooling down this weekend.
    03-16-11 11:19 PM
    Crankin' up the T-level.
    Yeah, I learned to drive in my mom's 64 bug. Poor mom, she had no idea what went on behind her the night before as she's driving to market the next day.

So back on topic, NOT! How the he!! is everybody?? Was a frickin' 90 degrees here today. To early for that crap. Cooling down this weekend.
    It was 63 here today!! Pink was saying earlier today how the girls here could handle guy talk. I don't think so.
    03-16-11 11:23 PM

In a Bug?

She was a contortionist, right? Or just sufficiently inebriated?

BTW, it only got to 78 in my back yard this afternoon.
    03-16-11 11:23 PM
    In a Bug?

She was in the circus! This leg goes here and ....
    03-16-11 11:26 PM
    She was in the circus! This leg goes here and ....
    Oh, you mean one of the sideshow stars? Did she have the beard, too?
    03-16-11 11:28 PM
    In a Bug?

BTW, it only got to 78 in my back yard this afternoon.
    "Bend me, shape me any way you want". The young age and flying hormones, anything is possible. Caught up in the moment.
    03-16-11 11:29 PM
    I hope not, That could ruin you for life!!
    03-16-11 11:31 PM
23,186 ... 504505506507508 ...