Yes. I mean where else could one learn of guns and tonic. A blowyourbrainsout kind of drink.
    03-16-11 11:27 AM
    Just noticed my trackpad's starting to peel. Still fully functional. I can't complain I guess since some have stated theirs have been doing it much, much sooner. All in all, not too bad for a nine month old device. Everyday use is finally catching up to me, but it still is one of the most solidly built devices I've had the pleasure of. Hopefully the "montana" will be along before I wear this out to much.
    03-16-11 12:03 PM
    We can do guy talk just as well...can't we girls?

Yay! Suddenly Spring..yippee - another to add to my ever growing collectio
    03-16-11 12:07 PM
    TY for this info Underway. Do we know if Bolt or OM are affected? It doesn't mention anything except for the native browser. So does that mean we're "safe" (somewhat) on Bolt?
    I'd expect Bolt is OK, since I don't believe it has anything to do with WebKit. The vulnerability is with WebKit, not RIM. RIM just screwed the pooch when they bought the browser from outside instead of building their own. I understand the bit about catering to the mass-market consumer, but BB is built and known for security. They missed the boat on this one. I suspect that this will be just the first hole to be patched.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-16-11 at 12:49 PM.
    03-16-11 12:13 PM

I want to see you girls do guy talk!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 12:17 PM

Well, we have been discussing shrinkage
    03-16-11 12:31 PM
    I have java disabled. There are a couple of sites that I visit that request java. Then I maually turn it on with a shortcut.

As far as I'm concerned, let somebody TRY and hack into my BB.
    They'll get a thrill!
    03-16-11 12:51 PM

I know I can, better than some guys, I am sure.

03-16-11 12:54 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, let somebody TRY and hack into my BB.
    They'll get a thrill!
    Maybe you don't have a memory leak after all. Perhaps you've ALREADY been hacked! You memory has been STOLEN!

Now, I'm not sure how you'd identify it if the police ever recovered any, though...
    03-16-11 12:56 PM
    Maybe you don't have a memory leak after all. Perhaps you've ALREADY been hacked! You memory has been STOLEN!

Now, I'm not sure how you'd identify it if the police ever recovered any, though...
    My berry is a borg-bot for some clandestine operation!
    The memory leak has been put on hold by me until I'm sure my battery won't burn up. 93 at the moment...not too bad!
    03-16-11 01:15 PM
    Any of you guys/girls having issues with email? I'm showing a 1x only. gonna b-pull see if it helps & ck out the vzw outage just in case.

ok, i just checked the outage forum and theres some freaky-deaky stuff going on i think. Not many people are posting about it though. My browser isn't workng either. BOOOOOO!
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-16-11 at 01:49 PM.
    03-16-11 01:34 PM
    Married with three daughters.....I need all the guy talk I can get. I get tired of talking to myself in the mirror just to keep my tiny bit of sanity. I have to say, I have had very good luck with my Bold. I am running 6.0.436 from Alltel after moving up from 431.
    03-16-11 01:44 PM
    I think the juju is changing! I won!
    And spencerdl won an IOU for a PlayBook!!!!!
    Can you imagine? Wow! Congrats spencer!!!!!
    Yes! How could I miss spencerdl winning a PlayBook! Congrats!
    03-16-11 02:05 PM

Well, we have been discussing shrinkage

OH
    03-16-11 02:16 PM
    So my BFF is leaving the family and getting an X. Should I hit her up for her Curve? Is it beneficial to have a back up device? What are the benefits? Do you have to keep them both active?

03-16-11 02:58 PM
    yes we can do guy talk....so how 'bout that 350 i dropped into the 68'camaro and had that sucker bored out to a 396, man she runs like a top! holly 4 barrel carb, headers on the manny. Hows that guys?
    Not bad! Did you put a Holly high rise manifold on that that as well? You might have got the HP over 400 if you do that. By the way the chevy 350 was the greatest 8 cylinder ever made IMO.

Any of you guys/girls having issues with email? I'm showing a 1x only. gonna b-pull see if it helps & ck out the vzw outage just in case.

ok, i just checked the outage forum and theres some freaky-deaky stuff going on i think. Not many people are posting about it though. My browser isn't workng either. BOOOOOO!
    There does seem to be a problem with RIMs server. Email and BBM messages are coming in spurts. My BB buzzes off where it's setting when my BBM groups chats start coming in.
    03-16-11 02:58 PM
    So my BFF is leaving the family and getting an X. Should I hit her up for her Curve? Is it beneficial to have a back up device? What are the benefits? Do you have to keep them both active?

I wouldn't think it is that beneficial to have a backup unless you are very hard on you BB or want on to go fishing with and don't want to take the chance of getting your 9650 wet. It also depends on how much you have to pay for it. You can usually get them pretty cheap now.

You don't have to have both active at the same time. many carriers have a place on their website you can switch pins to active the one you want. I do believe you will have to have it registered with them thou.
    03-16-11 03:02 PM
    Not bad! Did you put a Holly high rise manifold on that that as well? You might have got the HP over 400 if you do that. By the way the chevy 350 was the greatest 8 cylinder ever made IMO.
    Holy Car talk...sweet, my first car was a 77 camaro. It only had a 305 but it was firethorn red and really nice when it ran right. I spent most of my auto shop days working on her. I still change the oil on my own cars, why pay someone else to do it when I can.

03-16-11 03:26 PM
    I wouldn't think it is that beneficial to have a backup unless you are very hard on you BB or want on to go fishing with and don't want to take the chance of getting your 9650 wet. It also depends on how much you have to pay for it. You can usually get them pretty cheap now.

You don't have to have both active at the same time. many carriers have a place on their website you can switch pins to active the one you want. I do believe you will have to have it registered with them thou.
    Good to know. I like the fishing part, I may cut and paste Disneyland or other phone trecherous spot in there. I may take her (the phone) anyway. I feel she has been neglected, no OS6 or themes or anything, poor dear.

03-16-11 03:32 PM
    Just noticed my trackpad's starting to peel. Still fully functional. I can't complain I guess since some have stated theirs have been doing it much, much sooner. All in all, not too bad for a nine month old device. Everyday use is finally catching up to me, but it still is one of the most solidly built devices I've had the pleasure of. Hopefully the "montana" will be along before I wear this out to much.
    Don't sweat the peeling trackpad. Mine did that for a couple months and eventually wore itself smooth again. And I agree on the solidness of the device, something that was missing from VZW BlackBerries for a while.
    03-16-11 04:50 PM
    Okay so now I'm turning the memory cleaning feature off again. This morning I updated a couple apps and was face with a reboot time as long as an initial install boot. I thought I had bricked it again. Even if this is "normal functioning" of the memory cleaning feature I don't want reboot times that vary so much. I would rather keep my dirty memory

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-16-11 05:12 PM
    Okay so now I'm turning the memory cleaning feature off again. This morning I updated a couple apps and was face with a reboot time as long as an initial install boot. I thought I had bricked it again. Even if this is "normal functioning" of the memory cleaning feature I don't want reboot times that vary so much. I would rather keep my dirty memory

I've had the memory cleaning feature on for several months. My reboot times haven't increased .Why do you think memory cleaning is the reason for the increase?

03-16-11 05:48 PM
    I've had the memory cleaning feature on for several months. My reboot times haven't increased .Why do you think memory cleaning is the reason for the increase?

It was the last thing I enabled before trouble started. There was a popup after enabling it saying something about cleaning memory upon reboot also.

03-16-11 05:53 PM

LMAO!!!

Sky, its funny your should mention the longer reboot time with mem cleaner enabled! I enabled mine the other day when all of us here were chit chatting about it, and let me tell you, I thought something was wrong too when I rebooted yest and again today! It soooooo long! Normally I see reboot times of 3-4mins tops, with the mem clean on i was up at 7-8mins! So when I just saw your post now, the light bulb went off!LOL. I turned mine off now as well, and I'll see next reboot on Friday how that goes.

I noticed a difference in time it took to reboot also with it enabled. Prior to setting it i was at 3-4mins tops. So i shut it off as well.
    03-16-11 06:42 PM
    [QUOTE=P1nkD1am0nds;6138255]I didnt have the stock manny on it, but i honestly dont rem what one it was! it was over 20yrs ago when i had that. and the 350 was primo

I had a '68 Roadrunner...383 when I was in high school. Man that thing would run!

03-16-11 06:42 PM
23,186 ... 503504505506507 ...