Screenshot time!

See what he did for me? Al3azim is awesome. This will stay on my device until I move on to something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 05:07 PM
    The OS memory cleaning works nice. My memory is so consistent.

Let's keep that bad juju the he!! out of here!
    03-14-11 05:09 PM
    Hamster, how the heck did you dump 34MB? Did you NOT shrink before you loaded your current OS? Wonder what else I can delete...

Ahhhh on second thought, I've had enough excitement for this month. The bad juju is just leaving me alone...

Heck if I know, Jaydee...After the phone bricked, I just ran apploader and re-installed, so I guess not.
    This time, I just got rid of languages, games, startup video, the docs to go stuff,and some other things - I can't remember now.. and it all totaled 34mb But it was a nice surprise

I wanted to get rid of more but thought hmmm...let me just try it first

BB Boss certainly worked well this time with the updated version.

Hold off, Jaydee...No more excitement for you right now!!
    03-14-11 05:13 PM
    Screenshot time!

See what he did for me? Al3azim is awesome. This will stay on my device until I move on to something else.

Have we not been saying this forever? He will do anything if you ask him nicely!! He's such a great guy. And talented!
    03-14-11 05:32 PM
    The OS memory cleaning works nice. My memory is so consistent.

Let's keep that bad juju the he!! out of here!
    +1 for keeping the bad juju far, far out of here.
    My bold was apparently preset as I did nothing and my mem seems to refresh automatically when it hits 84mb free putting it back up to 94mb. I couldn't find the setting to adjust it as I don't seem to have the search feature after pressing "options". Weird, but no matter. It's all good rockin' 499. When cruising CB now with the oem browser I notice the pages load noticeably faster. First page loads slower so I keep it on a tab. 499 def seems to be a browser improving upgrade.
    Another neat thing I probably just didn't notice from previous builds is if your loading a web page and your screen lite times out before it loads , it lights up when done as if to signal it's ready. Anybody know of an audible alert setting that could be used here as well?
    03-14-11 05:38 PM
    +1 for keeping the bad juju far, far out of here.
    My bold was apparently preset as I did nothing and my mem seems to refresh automatically when it hits 84mb free putting it back up to 94mb. I couldn't find the setting to adjust it as I don't seem to have the search feature after pressing "options". Weird, but no matter. It's all good rockin' 499. When cruising CB now with the oem browser I notice the pages load noticeably faster. First page loads slower so I keep it on a tab. 499 def seems to be a browser improving upgrade.
    Another neat thing I probably just didn't notice from previous builds is if your loading a web page and your screen lite times out before it loads , it lights up when done as if to signal it's ready. Anybody know of an audible alert setting that could be used here as well?
    Can't you assign an alert in BeBuzz?
    UPDATE: No, apparently you can't use BeBuzz for that. You can customize alerts for events and such only if they are already configured to make alerts, like Tasks, Calendar events, etc.
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-14-11 at 06:02 PM.
    03-14-11 05:54 PM
    Hey guys, lots going on here again.

I have used BB Boss to shrink on the phone and picked up about 20MBs of space. Works just fine but does take a while to run.

Hamster and P!nk, hope you have gotten over the willies about shrinking, the worst you can do is brick the device and then go back and load a fresh version of the OS and do it again. A little annoying but hey, go for the adventure...
    same here Bob, things have been busy busy busy! I saw that Midd posted a link to the updated vers of Boss 2.2.2 that worked out the bugs, so now I'll give it a go. Perhaps in a lil bit.
    Bob..I'm all set up and going to do it now I'm kinda liking the adventure ride...and I'll only get more experience with loading OS's

Thanks again....Going to go for it!

Just checking things off...What is Chinese reader, fetion, etc?
    It's rebooting...I hope I hope I hope..

It worked!!!! According to BB Meter, I gained 34mb!

THANKS to everyone who helped and put up with me and my willies (as Bob would say), answered my thousand questions, and were there to help!!!!!
    Nice Hamster!!! You shrunk and gained that much! WoW! I don't think I'm gonna gain that much tho, when I used apploader for 431, I did take a good bit of stuff out, but none the less, I'm gonna give it a shot with the link Midd posted and see what else I could get outta it. So let me ask you, what are you at as far as numbers goes for MB? I'm curious.

TYVM for the link Midd

I've been busy the past couple of days, but Jaydee I'm glad to see your new device is running good for you so far! Besides those couple of apps that you had an issue with activating. Hopefully that will get panned out by the end of this week.

Oh, the question I do have, just a technical one, if you shrink out the VzW start up vid, what exactly do you see when your turn you bb on then? Does it go right to the home screen?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-14-11 at 06:00 PM.
    03-14-11 05:58 PM
    Oh, the question I do have, just a technical one, if you shrink out the VzW start up vid, what exactly do you see when your turn you bb on then? Does it go right to the home screen?
    The VZW screen.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-14-11 06:03 PM
    The VZW screen.
    ok ty Prince. One other question. I have my bb usb'd to the comp now on usb mode. when i opened up Boss screen, it didn't show my bb connected. is there something i need to do before hand so it recognizes i'm hooked up?
    03-14-11 06:06 PM
    Try unplugging it and plug it in again.
    03-14-11 06:09 PM
    same here Bob, things have been busy busy busy! I saw that Midd posted a link to the updated vers of Boss 2.2.2 that worked out the bugs, so now I'll give it a go. Perhaps in a lil bit.

Nice Hamster!!! You shrunk and gained that much! WoW! I don't think I'm gonna gain that much tho, when I used apploader for 431, I did take a good bit of stuff out, but none the less, I'm gonna give it a shot with the link Midd posted and see what else I could get outta it. So let me ask you, what are you at as far as numbers goes for MB? I'm curious.

TYVM for the link Midd

I've been busy the past couple of days, but Jaydee I'm glad to see your new device is running good for you so far! Besides those couple of apps that you had an issue with activating. Hopefully that will get panned out by the end of this week.

Well, BB Meter says 284 Free, Memory Ex says 347 and Options> device says 290 Free...
    So I don't know which one is the right one..

Yup, still goes to VZW screen..no change.

ok ty Prince. One other question. I have my bb usb'd to the comp now on usb mode. when i opened up Boss screen, it didn't show my bb connected. is there something i need to do before hand so it recognizes i'm hooked up?
    Mine didn't show as being connected. Or I couldn't find where it was...I just hit the shrink from phone option and that is when it recognized the phone..
    03-14-11 06:17 PM
    Try unplugging it and plug it in again.
    ok, i think that worked.

Next question, (sorry-never shrunk before)
    I'm looking to take off VzW PTT, all language files, DoD Certs and the VzW theme.- these i can do correct? without screwing something up lol
    03-14-11 06:17 PM
    Have we not been saying this forever? He will do anything if you ask him nicely!! He's such a great guy. And talented!
    He sure is! Oh, and stretching back a few weeks to my problem assigning my left convenience key, shrinking out VAD was indeed the culprit. I left it in for this hybrid install and now I have QL on it also.

03-14-11 06:19 PM
    ok, i think that worked.

I'm looking to take off VzW PTT, all language files, DoD Certs and the VzW theme.- these i can do correct? without screwing something up lol
    I can answer that now Yes you can.
    03-14-11 06:19 PM
    Well, BB Meter says 284 Free, Memory Ex says 347 and Options> device says 290 Free...
    So I don't know which one is the right one..

Yup, still goes to VZW screen..no change.

Mine didn't show as being connected. Or I couldn't find where it was...I just hit the shrink from phone option and that is when it recognized the phone..
    ok ty for both of these!
    ok, ty again! lol. Alright, Hamster, being you did this earlier, what did you check off. I'm seeing everything and my heads spinning! LOL I need a little advise from the expert (you, lol)

also, i've never ever used the "tasks" i suppose i can get rid of that w/out it affecting anything either?
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-14-11 at 06:30 PM.
    03-14-11 06:22 PM
    ok ty for both of these!
    ok, ty again! lol. Alright, Hamster, being you did this earlier, what did you check off. I'm seeing everything and my heads spinning! LOL I need a little advise from the expert (you, lol)
    What I checked off was: Languages, App world, DoD cert, It Policy, Verizon Navigator, PTT, Voice Notes, Social Feeds, Aim, My Space, podcasts, yahoo im,
    startup video, you tube, docs to go, chinese reader, vcast music, slacker radio,games,fetion.... No wonder I gained 34 mb...!!

I wanted to do some stuff in the advanced section -but I figured I'd wait for that!
    ThePinkChameleon and TJC70 like this.
    03-14-11 06:30 PM
    What I checked off was: Languages, App world, DoD cert, It Policy, Verizon Navigator, PTT, Voice Notes, Social Feeds, Aim, My Space, podcasts, yahoo im,
    startup video, you tube, docs to go, chinese reader, vcast music, slacker radio,games,fetion.... No wonder I gained 34 mb...!!

I wanted to do some stuff in the advanced section -but I figured I'd wait for that!
    ok, i checked that stuff off, when i hit driect shrink on phone, i got some kind of error saying it could cause a problem if i continued, so i clicked "cancel" to kill the process. WTH was that? do i need to register first?

EDIT: nm, i needed to extract the boss files! me dummy! lol, its shrinking now.
    btw, did this take long hamster? the bar is up saying "accessing phone" still, its been about 2mins or so now. sorry, i'm just nervous.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 03-14-11 at 06:44 PM.
    03-14-11 06:37 PM
    Can't you assign an alert in BeBuzz?
    UPDATE: No, apparently you can't use BeBuzz for that. You can customize alerts for events and such only if they are already configured to make alerts, like Tasks, Calendar events, etc.
    I trialed BeBuzz once and didn't feel I needed the functionality it offered, and don't remember that feature. No biggie.
    03-14-11 06:44 PM
    Ok, its rebooting now. pheeeeew! i got nervous there for a few cuz it was taking so long! i was like I thought i did something wrong LOL.

Prince & Hamster, tyvm for helping me out
    03-14-11 06:56 PM
    I trialed BeBuzz once and didn't feel I needed the functionality it offered, and don't remember that feature. No biggie.
    I bought it on sale in January after JayDee kept going on about how it was a "must have". It looks cool and such, and might be of more use to me if I had email, BBM, SMS and such from a hundred different folks a day. But, without a lot going on with my phone, it's just kind of "there".
    03-14-11 07:00 PM
    ok, i think that worked.

I didn't think that you could get rid of the default VZW theme. Doesn't it contain some of the screen code? Or was that before OS6?
    03-14-11 07:02 PM

TYVM for the link Midd
    You"re welcome P1nk!
    03-14-11 07:08 PM
    I didn't think that you could get rid of the default VZW theme. Doesn't it contain some of the screen code? Or was that before OS6?
    Underway, idk if it has any code, but i didn't remove it just in case because that actually did cross my mind, so i left well emough with that alone.

Soooooo....after shrinking that stuff off, just like Hamster, I gained about 34MB as well. now i'm sitting nicely at 274, whereas before this direct shrink i was at 241. I'm happy having that just extra lil'bit!
    03-14-11 07:11 PM
    I bought it on sale in January after JayDee kept going on about how it was a "must have". It looks cool and such, and might be of more use to me if I had email, BBM, SMS and such from a hundred different folks a day. But, without a lot going on with my phone, it's just kind of "there".
    I LOVE BeBuzz!! I'm happy Jaydee told me it was a must have! I have pink & purple flashing lights for all my msgs, email, bbm, txs, etc. that come in
    03-14-11 07:13 PM
    Ok, its rebooting now. pheeeeew! i got nervous there for a few cuz it was taking so long! i was like I thought i did something wrong LOL.

Prince & Hamster, tyvm for helping me out
    You are welcome! I'm glad I could be the guinea pig for you
    And, yes it did take a few minutes - no more than 10 or so..

I still don't have this maybe someday

Underway, idk if it has any code, but i didn't remove it just in case because that actually did cross my mind, so i left well emough with that alone.

Soooooo....after shrinking that stuff off, just like Hamster, I gained about 34MB as well. now i'm sitting nicely at 274, whereas before this direct shrink i was at 241. I'm happy having that just extra lil'bit!
    Me too...I'm happy with the extra mem I gained...just feels better to me
    03-14-11 07:21 PM
23,186 ... 499500501502503 ...