Drunken Shrunken is the way to go!
    03-12-11 08:46 PM
    Drunken Shrunken is the way to go!
    Lol! Uhm, NOT!
    03-12-11 08:48 PM
    Doesn't shrinkage increase in direct proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed?
    03-12-11 09:20 PM
    Earlier coming right from a fresh install I noticed my battery temp peaked at 113F. Now after settling down and a few hours later it has settled to 84F. Does anybody else see temp swings in the 30 degree range? Just curious is all. I was using it very heavily after that reboot fresh from the install of 499. It's running fantastic, no complaints. Just thought 30 degrees was alot. I'm using a 1700mAh seidio.
    03-12-11 10:28 PM
    HaHa..we always seem to be doing this stuff together! Strength in numbers

Ok - so I downloaded BB Hybrids zip file, but I can't extract it for some reason?
    What am I doing wrong?
    I know! we seem to think alike alot!

I didn't dwld yet, going now. I'll let ya know how I do.
    And as usual, I will sit in the back and wait and then once you two do it, and let me know how it goes I will give it a shot.

I'll admit it, I'm a follower. Not a lemming, just a cautious, observative follower.

Or the nerdy girl who watches the popular ones to see what they are wearing. LOL!!
    03-12-11 11:59 PM
    Earlier coming right from a fresh install I noticed my battery temp peaked at 113F. Now after settling down and a few hours later it has settled to 84F. Does anybody else see temp swings in the 30 degree range? Just curious is all. I was using it very heavily after that reboot fresh from the install of 499. It's running fantastic, no complaints. Just thought 30 degrees was alot. I'm using a 1700mAh seidio.
    Jim, I was in an area with weak signal last night for a few hours and my battery heated to 110 as I tried to BBM. It cooled down as soon as I got back home, where I have great signal.

I'm running the 2600 from Seidio.

On another note, I still haven't heard from Mobihand about my pin swap. Running trial apps and NO QL has me so disgusted. I contacted them Friday afternoon. Still no pin swap for my apps!! When I originally got my Bold in June, I had to wait so long that I repurchased all my apps. Well, I'm not doing that again. I will just have to wait...and keep writing to them.
    03-13-11 08:41 AM
    Morning everyone!

So maybe I'll shrink today Maybe not. I still am not sure which program to use Regardless, once I've shrunk, and it's successful hopefully, do I have to do anything else?

Surprise! For once, I actually gained memory overnight while charging! IDK why, haven't done anything different...but it certainly was a pleasant surprise from always seeing a leak in the morning

Jaydee, maybe send them another email? A couple of weeks ago I had purchased a theme and downloaded the wrong version. I contacted them directly through the app store app on my phone, and emailed them as well and they sent me the new that day...I guess I just bugged them enough.
    I would pretty frustrated not being able to have my Bold the way I like it!
    03-13-11 08:55 AM
    Jaydee, maybe send them another email? A couple of weeks ago I had purchased a theme and downloaded the wrong version. I contacted them directly through the app store app on my phone, and emailed them as well and they sent me the new that day...I guess I just bugged them enough.
    I would pretty frustrated not being able to have my Bold the way I like it!
    Yeah, I sent them another email this morning. When I came home from work on Friday and my new replacement was here, I told my husband this weekend was for me to fix my phone. Needless to say, he is not happy and neither am I.
    03-13-11 09:14 AM
    pin request changes on mobihand are typically done by actual people and i have found that like most of us they do not work on the weekend. I have requested pin changes before on the weekend and they never got back to me till monday. So i would just hold tight jd, they get back to you tomorrow most likely.
    03-13-11 09:18 AM
    My new 2600 got that hot when charging for the firrst couple of times but has been fine so far. I've seen 102 max and 84 normally since the battery has settled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 10:01 AM
    Morning everyone!

So maybe I'll shrink today Maybe not. I still am not sure which program to use Regardless, once I've shrunk, and it's successful hopefully, do I have to do anything else?
    You can use either program. BB Boss 2.2.2 is out. I'm not sure if it got posted anywhere, I can take a look around. Once you are done you don't have to do anything once you are done shrinking other than enjoy!

Morning everyone!

Surprise! For once, I actually gained memory overnight while charging! IDK why, haven't done anything different...but it certainly was a pleasant surprise from always seeing a leak in the morning
    Gaining memory? Nice!
    03-13-11 10:26 AM
    I have temperature changes like that too when I'm giving the BB a good workout while its plugged and charging.
    03-13-11 10:29 AM
    You can use either program. BB Boss 2.2.2 is out. I'm not sure if it got posted anywhere, I can take a look around. Once you are done you don't have to do anything once you are done shrinking other than enjoy!

Gaining memory? Nice!
    I'ld appreciate the link if you find it, thanks! One more thing...When I attempted the shrink last time, and had to reinstall, I removed a couple of things in apploader..Now, I'm not sure if Boss removed anything - do you think it did, even if the phone bricked?
    03-13-11 11:04 AM
    I'ld appreciate the link if you find it, thanks! One more thing...When I attempted the shrink last time, and had to reinstall, I removed a couple of things in apploader..Now, I'm not sure if Boss removed anything - do you think it did, even if the phone bricked?
    If you reinstalled using apploader it probably put back anything you removed earlier. Even if it did remove it, if you check it and it's not there anymore it will ignore that and just remove those that are on your phone.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-13-11 11:15 AM
    Hamster, I did the same thing with Boss. Just don't uninstall Japanese fonts. You should be fine.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-13-11 11:58 AM
    I actually used Boss for the first time last night when loading a hybrid. Knowing the glitch in the build I didn't shrink any languages, and I just didn't check them in apploader so they wouldn't be installed to the device.

03-13-11 06:38 PM
    Hamster, I did the same thing with Boss. Just don't uninstall Japanese fonts. You should be fine.
    I was oh so tempted the other day.... I had to install a new version of Desktop Manager and when finally installed and opened, it said there was an OS 6 update. I really did hover over the "get it" button and walked away from the computer for a few minutes to think it over. Finally, IGNORED it. And went about just backing up and syncing with outlook and DataVault.

BUT just in case I decide to go for it - what's with Japanese fonts? You mean this guy who barely speaks and reads English needs Japanese fonts on my 9650 or things go bump in the night or worse????

What is the deal?

Rain, rain go away, come back another YEAR!
    03-13-11 06:47 PM
    F2, if you don't shrink the OS you have nothing to worry about. I shrink everytime I do an install, but I use BBHybrids. The problem with deleting Japanese fonts was with BB Boss, but I believe that has been fixed.

03-13-11 07:00 PM
    Well, finally! Mobihand swapped my pin so I was able to install BeWeather, BeBuzz, QL and BeReader again. Also BattEX will not activate. So somehow if I want to paid version I have to buy again? But I see i don't need it just to change skins so maybe I won't buy it again. It says the pin has been swapped but it doesn't work! Another app I have is not saying I registered either, even tho I did. So I have two that have gotten lost in the shuffle.

So I guess an email to the developers is the next move. Such a laundry list of things to take care of...

I'm still riding around town with three Bolds in my car; two in boxes to be mailed and one Bold in my purse. That's tomorrow's job before they think about charging me!
    03-13-11 07:44 PM
    I was oh so tempted the other day.... I had to install a new version of Desktop Manager and when finally installed and opened, it said there was an OS 6 update. I really did hover over the "get it" button and walked away from the computer for a few minutes to think it over. Finally, IGNORED it. And went about just backing up and syncing with outlook and DataVault.

BUT just in case I decide to go for it - what's with Japanese fonts? You mean this guy who barely speaks and reads English needs Japanese fonts on my 9650 or things go bump in the night or worse????

What is the deal?

Rain, rain go away, come back another YEAR!
    You don't have to install the Japanese fonts onto the device, just avoid shrinking them if you are using whatever version of Boss that was causing the problem.

03-13-11 08:29 PM
    It's been a long day..and the time change - yuck. No time to myself today to shrink - will have to happen tomorrow, and I think I will use BB Boss, with my fingers and toes crossed. Oh and maybe a gun and tonic as well

Jaydee - I feel the relief about getting all your apps back on...kind of weird about the other 2 tho...Hoping you can get it sorted it out. Wow this bad juju this past week really caused chaos.
    New week starting tomorrow and everything will be the way it should be, I hope
    03-13-11 09:12 PM
    Hey Ramblers, lyricidal just updated BBHybrid Tool with 2.4.5. http://bb-h.me/bbhtool4u
    Last edited by princebb; 03-14-11 at 01:18 AM.
    03-14-11 01:12 AM
    Any idea what's changed?

03-14-11 01:45 AM
    Any idea what's changed?

This is a temporary update, 2.5 should be released soon. Also, BBHybrids is changing it's name to BBH Tool. Here's the change log.

- Added progress bar to Phone Tools
    - Added checkbox in Create-A-JAD for when draggin alx/jads
    - Added Install-A-Hybrid tab (BETA)
    - Added "Take Screenshot" button, as well as "After Screenshot" options to the screenshot viewer
    - Added feature to "Install Hybrid" in Build-a-Hybrid
    - Added shrinking options: Basque (language), Chinese Dictionary (Apps), Mobile Reader (Apps), Mobile Market (Apps) Global (font), Monotype (font) Thai (font),
    - Changes/fixes to various "Phone Tools" items
    - Fixed Copy to clipboard and Tweet after shortening under URL Shortening
    - Minor fixes/changes to skins/UI
    - Moved "OTA Upgrade" to Advanced shrink options
    - Updated shrinking for Default Videos, Setup Wizard, and Slacker
    - Renamed saved .txt's in Phone Tools (System Read, and Event Log) to include PIN of device it came from
    - Renamed folder for "Save All" under .COD Files to include PIN it came from ("Dump-PIN")
    03-14-11 01:58 AM
    Prince, I just saw this in another thread. Thanks for the changelog. I am going to stick to BBH Tool instead of the other since I feel more comfortable with it!
    03-14-11 07:34 AM
23,186 ... 497498499500501 ...