It's ok, I'm fine with my old version, but thanks. Did you try that new hybrid yet? Thought I saw you over there. I think I'm going to download a fresh 466 and the hybrid files for an install later on.
    Yes, I'm running Shane's latest hybrid. Pretty good build. It's a little early to comment on battery life and memory, but it seems to be good on the memory. The browser seems to be the best part as it's a little more snappy.
    03-12-11 01:36 PM
    Yes, I'm running Shane's latest hybrid. Pretty good build. It's a little early to comment on battery life and memory, but it seems to be good on the memory. The browser seems to be the best part as it's a little more snappy.
    Yes, the browser speeds do seem to be what everyone is noticing right out the gate. I've never had any radio issue as far as I can tell with 466 as others seem to have. Not to worried about battery life. never had any issue there yet. Any improvement on the browser sounds good.
    03-12-11 01:42 PM
    The BB Boss Japanese language problem has been fix. some of the other errors have been fixed as well. The update should be released tonight.
    I'll be staying with BBHybrids Tool, I've been using it for several months and it works great for me. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by princebb; 03-12-11 at 02:57 PM.
    03-12-11 02:52 PM
    I'll be staying with BBHybrids Tool, I've been using it for several months and it works great for me. Thanks for the info.
    Just out of curiosity, can BB Hybrids shrink after the fact? On an already installed OS like Boss can?
    03-12-11 03:09 PM
    I think when they get all the bugs out of it BB Boss will be a really good program. They also need to space out the request for a donation as well IMO.
    03-12-11 03:11 PM
    Just out of curiosity, can BB Hybrids shrink after the fact? On an already installed OS like Boss can?
    I've never done it. There is a "put back" button. I'll have to give it a try later.
    03-12-11 03:11 PM
    I think when they get all the bugs out of it BB Boss will be a really good program. They also need to space out the request for a donation as well IMO.
    Amen to that! I was getting a little perturbed with that!

I've never done it. There is a "put back" button. I'll have to give it a try later.
    Well if you do, please let me know...I want to try and shrink some stuff out but really don't want to have to wipe and reinstall again...and I don't want to brick my berry again...So...it would be much appreciated....
    Unless, Midd....You think Boss should be fine now?
    03-12-11 03:15 PM

Well if you do, please let me know...I want to try and shrink some stuff out but really don't want to have to wipe and reinstall again...and I don't want to brick my berry again...So...it would be much appreciated....
    The updated version of BB Boss isn't out yet, but as long as you don't shrink out the Japanese language files you will be OK it use it.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    03-12-11 03:20 PM
    Well I'm bored, and that means a hybrid. Gonna load up whatever Scrid has out and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-11 03:33 PM
    Hamster, BBHybrids will shrink your installed OS. It's called shrink my OS live.
    middbrew and hamsterwheel like this.
    03-12-11 03:58 PM
    Hamster, BBHybrids will shrink your installed OS. It's called shrink my OS live.
    Thanks for the info prince. I didn't know BBHybrids could do that.
    03-12-11 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the info prince. I didn't know BBHybrids could do that.
    I think it was an update on the new version.
    03-12-11 04:08 PM
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the battery and memory. I've been running his 480-491 hybrid for a bit now, and the battery life seems to be fading. For that matter, it seems that the longer that I run it, my memory management is getting worse as well. I've been rebooting every other day or so. How can the OS get worse as it "settles"?
    Last edited by Underway99; 03-12-11 at 04:43 PM.
    03-12-11 04:30 PM
    Thanks Prince.. I'm going to download it now...and then debate on which to use, and if I should even attempt at all
    03-12-11 04:37 PM
    Thanks Prince.. I'm going to download it now...and then debate on which to use, and if I should even attempt at all
    Don't forget to backup your device.
    03-12-11 04:49 PM
    I'm interested to know if BB Hybrid will shrink after the os is installed directly from the bb also.
    The updated version of BB Boss isn't out yet, but as long as you don't shrink out the Japanese language files you will be OK it use it.
    ok, i have a good question. I've already gotten rid of those files for the Japanese language files, SO if i was to use Boss to shrink out any extra stuff, would my bb brick upon completion then? Or because the files don't exist on my bb anymore, would it be ok?
    03-12-11 04:53 PM
    ok, i overlooked this post. So the answer to my question is Yes, BB Hybrids will shrink AFTER an os is installed. TY.
    03-12-11 04:54 PM

ok, i have a good question. I've already gotten rid of those files for the Japanese language files, SO if i was to use Boss to shrink out any extra stuff, would my bb brick upon completion then? Or because the files don't exist on my bb anymore, would it be ok?
    Pink, I would wait for the Boss update just to be safe.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-12-11 05:00 PM
    Pink, I would wait for the Boss update just to be safe.

alright, but if i understood correctly, BB Hybrids does the same thing? So i can shrink thru that instead then ya think?
    03-12-11 05:06 PM
    I'm interested to know if BB Hybrid will shrink after the os is installed directly from the bb also.

Yes, you can safely use BB Boss to shrink stuff off your phone with the current version. Just don't click on the languages.
    03-12-11 05:06 PM
    alright, but if i understood correctly, BB Hybrids does the same thing? So i can shrink thru that instead then ya think?
    Apparently BB Hybrids Tool can shrink stuff off your phone as well, so you could use either one.
    03-12-11 05:09 PM
    Yes, you can safely use BB Boss to shrink stuff off your phone with the current version. Just don't click on the languages.
    yes Midd, I know about the language thing,
    BUT I already ditched the languages off when I installed 431 a couple weeks back, so with them NOT being on there, would I still have a prob with Boss?

Prince suggested I wait till Boss updates and gets rid of that bug issue.
    03-12-11 05:10 PM
    Apparently BB Hybrids Tool can shrink stuff off your phone as well, so you could use either one.
    ok, thanks for this Midd.

(and i just ran out of ty clicks, iou )
    03-12-11 05:11 PM
    ok, thanks for this Midd.

(and i just ran out of ty clicks, iou )
    You welcome P1nk, good luck and have fun shrinking.
    03-12-11 05:14 PM
    Saturday night's alright for shrinking! right Pink??
    03-12-11 05:17 PM
23,186 ... 495496497498499 ...